3. What is needed to compose music in Mabinogi
4. Getting Started.
5. Skills.
6. Magical Music.
7. Programs.
8. Tips.
9. Credits.

What is composing in Mabinogi

Composing in Mabinogi allows you to play your own custom music that you have written in MML (Music Markup Language).

What is MML Format

MML (music markup language) format is an easy way for you to type your notes onto your score scroll when composing music. It has three parts, the Melody, Chord 1, and Chord 2. MML format starts off with MML@ then you would put in the Melody code then put a comma (,) to seperate it from Melody and Chord 1. After putting in Chord 2 you put another comma (,) and insert the Chord 2 code, at the end of the Chord 2 code you put a semicolon (;) Here is an example of a music in MML format.

MML@t200l16>eg+c+ev10<a>c+v14<g+>c+<af+ea>eg+c+ev10<a>c+v14<g+>c+<af+ear8a4.,
v14r1.r32c-16f+.&f+32,
v14r1.<f+16>d.&d16;

Can you identify the parts?

What is needed to compose music in Mabinogi

The things that are needed to compose things in Mabinogi are
1. An Instrument (Can be bought from Tir Chonnaill general store)
2. The book "A Guide to Composing" (The book can be bought from Tir Chonnaill general store, Dunbaton, and Emain Macha)
3. A score scroll (Can be bought from Tir Chonnaill general store or anywhere else)
4. An MML code (You can find this off the internet somewhere)

Getting Started

Assuming that you bought all the required equipment stated before, lets get started.
1. Equip your instrument.
2. Read the book "A Guide to Composing" ( I advise that you actually read it as it has A LOT of information)
3. After you finish reading, read the book carefully this time so you can acquire the skill.
4. Now open your skill window and locate the "Music Composing" skill, use it and choose the score scroll that you had bought earlier.
You will then see a window open. It should look like this.

Fill in the required things: Title and Melody (Chord 1 and 2 are optional) After filling in the required info, press OK and you have just composed your first score scroll! To play it, equip it in your other hand opposite to your instrument. Then press the "Playing Instrument" skill button and listen to your wonderful music.

Skills

The 3 skills that are required to become a successful musician are:
1. Playing Instrument
2. Compose
3. Musical Theory (called Musical Knowledge in other versions)

Playing Instrument

Musical Knowledge

Music Composing

Magical Music

Magical Music is music that gives buff when being played. To do this, you must have at least have the "Music Composing" skill rank 9 or higher. I don't know much info on this right now but feel free to tell me if you do know.

Programs

Some programs that you can use to listen to the MML codes before you even compose it onto a score scroll are:
1. 3ML (Offline MML viewer) http://mabi.milkteamedia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=5
2. Maki-Mabi's Sequencer (Offline MML viewer and MML composer) http://mabi.milkteamedia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=5
3. English Mabinogi Composer (Online MML Composer in English)
http://mabinogiworld.com/WebComposer/mcomposer.htm

Tips

Here are some tips to ensure that you have a fun time playing your instrument in Mabinogi.
1. Please don't music spam (play music while another person is playing) It creates horrible noise and how would you like it if someone played their music while you were playing yours.
2. Be unique, there are many instruments out there, try them all.
3. Try and keep your food percentage over 50% as it could make your chances of playing a score scroll perfectly better (need confirmation on this)
4. Keep the durability of your instrument up so it can play better without missing a lot of notes (Also need confirmation on this).
5. Have fun.

Credits

I would like to give credit to Mabinogi World
(http://mabinogiworld.com) for helping me with the skills.
I would also like to give credits to MMOsite for giving me A LOT of knowledge on composing music.
Last but not least I would like to give credit to you for reading this guide.
This post has been modified on Mar 02 , 2008 07:41:39 PM by   AvonGenesis.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Feb 28, 2008 8:45 pm
Very nice guide ^^ I'm sure that'd be great for the vault. Where did you get the information for the stats? =O Also, about magical music,
http://mabinogiworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Magical_Music
Give them plenty of credit >_<

Signature

MSN: battlebums2@yahoo.com.au

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
    I got the information for the stats from a friend, not sure where he got them from though >.< I'll ask him though.

Mar 1, 2008 8:40 pm
    If you don't mind, can I put [Guide] in the title? (Well, you can do that if you want XP) I just think the [Guides] is kind of unnoticeable.

Actually, I'll sticky it aswell. (Music is a rather curious subject many people will ask about)
    This post has been modified on Mar 01 , 2008 08:41:59 PM by   sircusa.

Signature

MSN: battlebums2@yahoo.com.au
    Mar 1, 2008 8:42 pm
    nice guide avon! [SMILE=s46] Yea emphasis on the spamming, you should practice in a solo dungeon or empty building first, then play outside for tips and junk (whenever the tip box is released)

Signature

The guild of MMOsite that purposely misspelled Mabinogi >=D
    Mar 1, 2008 9:18 pm
    Heh, thanks for the comments guys. I will try and add the magical music section soon. [SMILE=s43]

Mar 2, 2008 12:52 am
    Lol introduction . should help me cause I've just started on Mabinogi ^^

Signature

"Power is necessary, because conflicts continue to exist"
    My name is Kira.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 18, 2008 2:50 am
      hehehehehe yeah we just start so get ready...[SMILE=s10][SMILE=s47]

Mar 18, 2008 2:52 am
      Erm...i donno wat u mean la ....i new ppl at here hehehehe

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AvonGenesis

Composing Music in Mabinogi

Table of Contents

1. What is composing in Mabinogi.
      2. What is MML format.
      3. What is needed to compose music in Mabinogi
      4. Getting Started.
      5. Skills.
      6. Magical Music.
      7. Programs.
      8. Tips.
      9. Credits.

What is composing in Mabinogi

Composing in Mabinogi allows you to play your own custom music that  ...

Mar 19, 2008 6:33 am
      Woa! Thanks, great guide ^^
      in the future, maybe i can be a musician!? ^^ XD

Mar 19, 2008 8:03 am
      ... any one know if Mabinogi  will be able to play for Europe later?
      please make a answer and look at other Topics Boards thank you. i really want to play
      Mabinogi

Mar 19, 2008 2:39 pm
      Just wanted to say thats a beautiful post Avon, thanks for putting out more info for the players. Kudos!

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 19, 2008 3:40 pm
        Thank you very much for the comments everyone, if there is anything that you want to see or need for me to clarify, please, don't hesitate to ask. [SMILE=s43]

Mar 20, 2008 4:22 am
        Nice guide!

Mar 20, 2008 8:56 am
           Hey i fownd some songs for mabinogi like pirats of the caribian and fighting dreamers any 1 want to know!!!

Mar 20, 2008 12:55 pm
        very nice games [SMILE=s5]

Mar 20, 2008 5:27 pm
        I'm pretty sure almost everyone has that song since its very common.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 20, 2008 9:27 pm
          I have high hope in mabinogi, haven't try yet, I read alot of bad common and some good, so is it worth trying?

Mar 21, 2008 6:57 am
          yes, its worth trying. I say atleast try it once and see if you like it. The first 5 mins might not be so great since its reading but after that its all fun!

Mar 24, 2008 5:10 am
          i cant read any books [SMILE=s39] everystime i lcick on read theres only white space <_< do i have to thro water against my monitor or why i cant read the books o.o

Quick Reply:[Guide] Composing Music in Mabinogi

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »