Composing Music in Mabinogi
Table of Contents
1. What is composing in Mabinogi.
2. What is MML format.
3. What is needed to compose music in Mabinogi
4. Getting Started.
6. Magical Music.
What is composing in Mabinogi
Composing in Mabinogi allows you to play your own custom music that you have written in MML (Music Markup Language).
What is MML Format
MML (music markup language) format is an easy way for you to type your notes onto your score scroll when composing music. It has three parts, the Melody, Chord 1, and Chord 2. MML format starts off with MML@ then you would put in the Melody code then put a comma (,) to seperate it from Melody and Chord 1. After putting in Chord 2 you put another comma (,) and insert the Chord 2 code, at the end of the Chord 2 code you put a semicolon (;) Here is an example of a music in MML format.
Can you identify the parts?
What is needed to compose music in Mabinogi
The things that are needed to compose things in Mabinogi are
1. An Instrument (Can be bought from Tir Chonnaill general store)
2. The book "A Guide to Composing" (The book can be bought from Tir Chonnaill general store, Dunbaton, and Emain Macha)
3. A score scroll (Can be bought from Tir Chonnaill general store or anywhere else)
4. An MML code (You can find this off the internet somewhere)
Assuming that you bought all the required equipment stated before, lets get started.
1. Equip your instrument.
2. Read the book "A Guide to Composing" ( I advise that you actually read it as it has A LOT of information)
3. After you finish reading, read the book carefully this time so you can acquire the skill.
4. Now open your skill window and locate the "Music Composing" skill, use it and choose the score scroll that you had bought earlier.
You will then see a window open. It should look like this.
Fill in the required things: Title and Melody (Chord 1 and 2 are optional) After filling in the required info, press OK and you have just composed your first score scroll! To play it, equip it in your other hand opposite to your instrument. Then press the "Playing Instrument" skill button and listen to your wonderful music.
The 3 skills that are required to become a successful musician are:
1. Playing Instrument
3. Musical Theory (called Musical Knowledge in other versions)
Magical Music is music that gives buff when being played. To do this, you must have at least have the "Music Composing" skill rank 9 or higher. I don't know much info on this right now but feel free to tell me if you do know.
Some programs that you can use to listen to the MML codes before you even compose it onto a score scroll are:
1. 3ML (Offline MML viewer) http://mabi.milkteamedia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=5
2. Maki-Mabi's Sequencer (Offline MML viewer and MML composer) http://mabi.milkteamedia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=5
3. English Mabinogi Composer (Online MML Composer in English)
Here are some tips to ensure that you have a fun time playing your instrument in Mabinogi.
1. Please don't music spam (play music while another person is playing) It creates horrible noise and how would you like it if someone played their music while you were playing yours.
2. Be unique, there are many instruments out there, try them all.
3. Try and keep your food percentage over 50% as it could make your chances of playing a score scroll perfectly better (need confirmation on this)
4. Keep the durability of your instrument up so it can play better without missing a lot of notes (Also need confirmation on this).
5. Have fun.
I would like to give credit to Mabinogi World
) for helping me with the skills.
I would also like to give credits to MMOsite for giving me A LOT of knowledge on composing music.
Last but not least I would like to give credit to you for reading this guide.
This post has been modified on Mar 02 , 2008 07:41:39 PM by AvonGenesis.