Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home League of Legends Swain Next in Line for a Full Update after Evelynn!

Swain Next in Line for a Full Update after Evelynn!

Jul 20, 2017 7:16 am
In a latest post on Riot’s Nexus website, Riot Reav3 explains about the new upcoming champion, and the future of some reworks, where he notes that Swain is next in line after Evelynn to get a full VGA update.

It was kinda expected for a champion like Swain to get the rework, I mean look at him, he definitely needs a visual update to keep up with other champs, and his kit is not healthy too. That were some of the problems that led Riot to decide that Swain was the right to get the rework.
As also noted by Riot Reav3, he will come after Evelynn. Evelynn is coming after the next new champion, so we are talking about months until we get Swain reworked. Based on our calculations, Swain should be reworked on patch 7.23 or patch 7.24, the last patches of the season. If he doesn’t get released ’till then, then we will have to wait for season 8 to get the new Swain to the rift, but I am pretty confident that Riot is releasing him in patch 7.23 or 7.24.

This is the full post of Riot Reav3, talking about the future rework of Swain:

“I’m happy to announce that our next big VGU after Evelynn will be none other than the leader of Noxus himself, Swain. To start off, his visuals haven’t held up very well over time. Swain is supposed to be the the all-powerful ruler of Noxus, and he doesn’t really look the part at the moment. His theme is also a bit confused with his actual gameplay—he’s a Master Tactician, yet he plays more like a Drain Tank/Battle Mage.
His gameplay has also been a design problem for a while. If Swain gets behind, he doesn’t really make an impact on the game. If he gets ahead, he becomes a unkillable tank that can also output massive amounts of damage. Swain also has a lot of his power pushed into abilities and effects that enemies can’t really do anything about. Looking at him as a whole, we feel there’s a great opportunity to revisit Swain and truly deliver a champion worthy of leading one of the most ruthless and iconic nations of Runeterra. We’ll be updating his visuals to better match his theme as the leader of Noxus, as well as doing a major overhaul on his gameplay. We want to keep the “essence” of Swain intact, even though we will be completely rebuilding his entire kit from scratch.

We are still very early on Swain but I will be back with more details later in his development.”

Via.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Quick Reply:Swain Next in Line for a Full Update after Evelynn!

Smiles
refresh
Go Advanced »