[RECENT NEWS: Hunt of the Blood Moon info on OCE- starts Thursday]
The PBE has been updated! As we continue the 7.4 PBE cycle, tonight's update includes a slew of mastery and item changes, a new Festival Queen Anivia summoner icon, unanimous surrender strings, and more!
Continue reading for more information!
(Warning: PBE Content is tentative and subject to change - what you see below may not reflect what eventually gets pushed to live servers at the end of the cycle! Manage your expectations accordingly.)
Table of Contents
New Summoner IconA new Festival Queen Anivia summoner icon has been added in today's update.
[Continued] Yordle Finger changesFew more yordle finger changes in today's update. Just as with 2/7, several Teemo skin splashes and Master Arcanist Ziggs (centered only atm) were changed to only have four fingers instead of five.
- Text Strings referencing a "Unanimous Surrender" vote were added in today's update. A unanimous vote is one where everyone must agree to pass. Meddler noted in a recent /dev article they plan on testing a 15-minute unanimous surrender option this year, starting on a single region initially.
[indent] "Early surrender vote wasn't unanimous for Blue Team @ForVotes@ / @AgainstVotes@." [/indent][/indent][/indent][indent][indent]game_announcement_OnUnanimousSurrenderFailedVotes_red
[indent] "Early surrender vote wasn't unanimous for Red Team @ForVotes@ / @AgainstVotes@." [/indent][/indent][/indent][indent][indent]game_announcement_OnUnanimousSurrenderFailedVotes_YourTeam
[indent] "Early surrender vote wasn't unanimous for your team @ForVotes@ / @AgainstVotes@." [/indent][/indent][/indent][indent][indent]game_announcement_OnUnanimousSurrenderVoteStart
[indent] "@srctr name@ has started an early surrender vote. Early surrenders must be unanimous. Type /surrender or /nosurrender."[/indent][/indent][/indent]
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical or experimental changes. Be aware that what you see below may be lacking context or other changes that didn't make it in or were implemented in an earlier patch this cycle! These are not official notes.
Turret First Blood
- Gold reward lowered from 400g to 300g
[Context from Riot Axes / Context from wav3break]
Bounty Hunter (Ferocity Tier 4)
- Increased damage for each unique enemy champion you've killed lowered from 1.5% to 1%
Double Edge Sword (Ferocity Tier 4)
- Changed from [deal 5% and take 2.5% additional damage] to [deal 3% and take 1.5%]
Battle Trance (Ferocity Tier 4)
- Effect lowered from [5% over 5 seconds] to [3% over 3 seconds]
Merciless (Cunning Tier 3)
- Effect lowered from 1/2/3/4/5% to 0.6/1.2/1.8//2.4/3%
Meditation (Cunning Tier 3)
- Effect lowered from 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5% to 0.25/0.5/0.75/1/1.25%
Precision (Cunning Tier 5)
- Stat bonuses lowered:
- Lethality: 1.7/3.4/5.1/6.8/8.5
- Magic Pen:
- Flat: 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3
- Per Level: 0.06/0.12/0.18/0.24/0.3
- Lethality: 1.2/2.4/3.6/4.8/6
- Magic Pen:
- Flat: 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5
- Per Level: 0.05/0.10/0.15/0.2/0.25
Fearless (Resolve Tier 4)
- Per level armor/mr bonus lowered from 2 per level to 1.5 per level.
- Traveler's Call (Passive) movement speed when picking up chimes increased
- Base: Increased from 6% to 10%
- Per stack: Increased from 12% to 14%
- Health increased from 300 to 400
- Attack damage lowered from 50 to 40
- Build Path Changed from [Phage + Caulfields] to [Phage + Kindlegem]
- Total cost lowered from 3100 to 3050
- Unique Passive - Giant Slayer effect changed
- LIVE: [1% damage per 50 health difference, maxing at 500 health difference]
- PBE: [1% damage per 100 health difference, maxing at 1000 health difference]
- Build Path changed but total cost remains the same:
- LIVE: [C. Bracer + C. Bracer + Cloth Armor + 700g]
- PBE: [C. Bracer + Chain Vest + 850g]
- Armor increased from 20 to 40
- Unique Active - cooldown lowered from 90 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Unique Passive - additional armor lowered from 40 to 20
Lord Dominik's Regards
- Unique Passive - Giant Slayer effect changed:
- LIVE: [1.5% damage per 50 health difference, maxing at 500 health difference]
- PBE: [1.5% damage per 100 health difference, maxing at 1000 health difference)
- Lethality lowered from 20 to 15
NotesRiot Axes with context on the Black Cleaver changes -
[indent]"The Black Cleaver is the most purchased final item in the game, unsurprisingly given how broadly powerful it is. it's extremely powerful across many champion archetypes - for example, it's a major component of Lethality builds, which are doing better than we want by stacking Black Cleaver + Last Whisper items + Lethality. [/indent][indent]We don't want to just nerf the item. It's functioning correctly for the heavier fighter types - we're not looking to indirectly nerf Garen or Darius here. We've tested this change for Black Cleaver in the past and those champions tend to feel really good about it, while marksmen/assassins/light fighters tend to feel relatively worse about it. [/indent][indent]This change therefore makes the item a bit more narrow, forces champions to care more about the defensive properties of the item, makes the build path easier for juggernauts who are highly reliant on it (Caulfield's is fine for a Garen or Darius who starts to get fed; not so much for one going even or falling behind) and harder for light fighters/assassins/marksmen. [/indent][indent]And finally, this makes Black Cleaver and Lord Dominik's more anti-synergistic. [/indent][indent](Yes, we're also directly nerfing Ghostblade's Lethality and possibly Edge of Night's active - we're not giving those items a free pass, but it's important to look at the whole system and not just the couple most obvious offenders)"[/indent]wav3break with contexton today's mastery changes:
[indent]"In regards to damage mastery nerfs, the potency of amplification effects in the mastery system has gone up over time. In light of many players expressing the feeling of damage creep and reconfirming it with mathematics, we are looking at tuning down more under-the-hood damage amplifiers in the mastery system for this patch. We don't expect this to heavily favor one class of champion over another, but we will be monitoring the fallout carefully. [/indent][indent]Regarding changes to Fearless, this mastery was over-tuned compared to its competitors. Rather than creep up the effects of its neighbors, we decided to tone it down as the outlier.
Regarding meditation, this mastery is getting a light hit partially because its value would've been disproportionately propped up by us hitting Merciless, but also because it trivializes mana management/costs a bit too well for how accessible it is.'[/indent]Riot Axes with contexton today's mastery changes:
[indent]"Our belief is we've power crept the game through masteries too much, so we're sapping some power out of some worst offender invisible power masteries.
This is mainly aimed at damage masteries (though not specifically damage-dealing champions - nearly all tanks and fighters also get at least one of these amps) because it's mainly expressing in game as "fights are too fast", "damage creep", etc. - but we did look at non-damage masteries (Meditation, Fearless both leap out as very powerful right now) in order to avoid warping decisions too much."[/indent]
Check out [THIS PAGE] for a comprehensive list of the new content & changes currently on the PBE as a part of this cycle or catch up with the individual update links below !