Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home League of Legends Ziggs Guide of League of Legends

Ziggs Guide of League of Legends

Feb 7, 2012 10:12 pm
Ziggs is a complete blast to play. As those of you who watch the streams know, this player had an immense amount of fun playing him, and there's all sorts of things he can pull off. He's fairly simple to jump into, but this player places him firmly in the high skill cap category.

So how did the player build him and what do the player suggest?, just check below out

For masteries, 21/0/9 with an emphasis on Ability Power and magic damage bonuses in offensive along with mana and neutral buff duration in utility.

For runes, magic pen reds (insight) for sure, then all your other slots are completely flexible. Know you'll be getting blue or otherwise won't have cooldown issues? Go for Ability Power. Want cooldown reduction or mana regen? Get them. He can be built effectively with any of these. Armor/Health/MR is fine as well, in a pinch.

Summoner skills -- I personally went teleport and flash nearly every game. In theory, teleport is a great skill because it gives you total map control -- you don't need to get to a lane or right in a fight, you just need to get generally on that side of the map for your ult in many cases. In other words, even wards just at dragon or baron you have nearly full map coverage. But Ignite is fine, of course, as are other options, and I'm only explaining the logic of teleport, not necessarily saying its best!

As far as abilities, I always maxed Q first, E second, and W third, with one early point in W. Ultimate always prioritized over the others.

And for items, you've got lots of flexibility! I typically went Boots+3 health pots to start, got 1-3 dorans if I went back early, rushed Rabadon's Deathcap. After this, I'd go for some more AP items such as void staff (if they had high MR).

Morello's is a good bet for cooldown reduction unless you reliably have blue buff and another source of CDR. Will of the Ancients I wasn't a huge fan of because a) all his spells take an AOE penalty on spell vamp and b) if someone got in my face I was usually dead before spell vamp would pay off.

When I used Zhonya's Hourglass I frequently saved myself, so a huge recommendation for that. And as a late game item, I strongly recommend Lich Bane, it is absurd what it can pull off.

Get survivability items anywhere you need to, especially a Rylai's and/or Banshee's in a pinch.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Feb 8, 2012 7:27 am
These replies are a disgrace to the MOBA community.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 8, 2012 11:32 am
    Nice guide OP. I really like Ziggs and I'm usually a solo top guy. Also, ignore the first two comments as the intellectual level of them together is less than that of an ant.

Feb 8, 2012 11:46 am
    Seriously, what kind of retards do we have on mmosite these days. With their caps-raging, it's annoying.
    I wished this community was more mature sometimes.

Feb 8, 2012 11:50 am
    i think he is a bit OP even if hes skills aint so easy to land...

expect a slightly dmg ratio nerf in next weeks

Feb 8, 2012 1:10 pm
    I played with a AD hybrid zigg he was so OP because of his passive

Signature

I am ! L0vEL0vEL0vE !, I just change my name because I thought I need a more interesting name.
    WhatANoobPerson
    My Youtube Channel! Filled with great Let's Play series and League of Legends Gameplays
    https://www.youtube.com/user/WhatANoobsPerson
    Feb 8, 2012 2:44 pm
    Ziggs imho does far too much damage right now. I think his skill set needs to see some balancing as his mid lane skills are just insane. I think the biggest problem I have against a Ziggs is the range advantage that a Ziggs has. I generally play against mid lane people who close in on me and then get crushed when they fall into the trap. Ziggs never gets close enough most of the time for me to even poke at him, and is doing massive amounts of damage when I am not able to dodge the incoming bombs.

I really like his skill grouping, as they serve a purpose. However I think Ziggs is just another wanna-be Gangplank or Miss Fortune with a slightly different move list. Almost in the vein of the Mortal Kombat palette swap ninjas. You get the thrown bomb that does insane damge (gp parlay), the area bombs that slow and do good damage to creep waves (MF move I cannot recall the name of), and a super that throws a big bomb for big damage that I have yet to find a way to evade as of yet.

I am in no means the best mid lane player, but I just get outclassed and annihilated by a remotely competent Ziggs player.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 9, 2012 5:36 am
      Cleaned the thread a bit. Hopefully it's more peaceful to be here now. lol

Signature

Feb 10, 2012 1:36 am
      This hero seems to be interesting...

Signature

Quick Reply:Ziggs Guide of League of Legends

Smiles
      refresh
      Go Advanced »