The reason why most people have lower or stuck at around 1500 elo is not because they are bad players, but it's because that's either their true elo, or because bad players always making them go on losing streaks.
If your a lower elo then 1200, you're considered a baddie to me. It is not hard getting to at least 1300 elo. Just around 4-5 wins over one loss in the beginning ranks are easy. The noobs you fight to get 1300 elo are considered under 1000 elo. Meaning, less then the average LoL player.
Normal solo games don't mean a thing. But whenever you play solo, you always have to consider there is always bad players. Most of the LoL community are under 1300, you can never win all the normal games/ranked games even if your hotshotgg or bigfatlp.
The reason why some people have considerably higher elo then the community is because they know the basics on how to play a game.
Tips to be a pro. These are the basics I thought of after playing for 6 months. I should've read this when I was starting out.
1. Kills don't mean squat. If you people believe kills mean winning. They are wrong. It's all about taking the turrets and nexus.
2. Team composition is what makes your team win.
3. Pros don't face check bushes by yourself when the game is coming to an end. I did this when I was a noob many times and costed my team the win.
4. Pros know when and not to join fights. Don't do suicidal runs. It doesn't benefit you or the team. Basically getting 1 kill and dying does nothing to help the team. You basically gave them the same amount of gold and gained the same amount of gold. In the end, your just feeding. Only do suicidal runs when you know you will get first blood or your team will come and help you.
5. Pros know when to farm. Farming is the most essential to winning games. If you see a lane open and your team is fighting. You should consider farming that lane. Getting the turrets and pushing minions is worth more then feeding deaths to the other team.
6. If there is 4 people in a lane and there are 3 of your teammates defending it. Don't help them, your basically at a stalemate because the other team won't attack. Instead you farm the other lanes and kill turrets to make them retreat because they need to defend it. It saves your team and you get gold from turret. Only help them if you know they will get destroyed by the other team.
7. I can't stress this enough, if you don't know how to play a champion, don't play it. Learn to play it by watching youtube videos or create custom games or co-op vs ai games. Know how to build them also.
8. Junglers are not your enemies. They can't gank every lane. But sometimes junglers are just stupid.
9. Always last hit.
10. Ping the map to where a gank might be coming.
11. If you see someone farming and not helping the team, don't bother them. Farming is helping the team more then staying at base and try to ward the enemies off.
12. If your losing, just keep them at bay at turrets.
13. There should ALWAYS be someone at the lanes to get free minion experience and gold.
14. If you see a team ganking constantly, they will get out farmed sooner or later.
15. Always get baron when you get the chance. When the enemy is splitted up, hurry and get baron with your team. Baron can literally change the whole game.
16. Tanks don't need kills. Insulting them because they got no kills is like insulting a wall that he can't get any kills while defending you from a zombie apacolypse.
17. Pros buy wards.
18. Conserve your most valuable skills for escaping or readily for a gank.
19. Assists matter, just because they have deaths doesn't mean assists doesn't help the team.
20. Read guides online by www.solomid.net
to know how to build items for the champions. The guides are made by pros and noobs alike. The top rated are the best guides.
21. Accept the fact that there will always be bad players. You can't win all the games. Have positive attitude so you don't rage and curse. Really bad for your health.
22. Kill stealing? who cares about kill stealing. If it's benefiting the team and you get assist gold, it doesn't matter who gets the kill, but if you're support, you should never try to ks. If you're fed but your carry isn't, You basically screwed up your lane.
23. Sometimes you just can't win lanes. Ex: Urgot, Leblanc, Morde are one of the strongest early laners in the game. They can't be beat without a gank. Unless the person controlling one of the champions mentioned above are terrible, you can't beat them in lane.
24. When going to baron, buy wards and a oracle's. Oracle's is a great item to have to clear their wards.25. You must protect the carries.