Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home League of Legends This is what seperates noobs from pros.

This is what seperates noobs from pros.

Jun 4, 2011 1:49 pm
The reason why most people have lower or stuck at around 1500 elo is not because they are bad players, but it's because that's either their true elo, or because bad players always making them go on losing streaks.
If your a lower elo then 1200, you're considered a baddie to me. It is not hard getting to at least 1300 elo. Just around 4-5 wins over one loss in the beginning ranks are easy. The noobs you fight to get 1300 elo are considered under 1000 elo. Meaning, less then the average LoL player.

Normal solo games don't mean a thing. But whenever you play solo, you always have to consider there is always bad players. Most of the LoL community are under 1300, you can never win all the normal games/ranked games even if your hotshotgg or bigfatlp.

The reason why some people have considerably higher elo then the community is because they know the basics on how to play a game.
Tips to be a pro. These are the basics I thought of after playing for 6 months. I should've read this when I was starting out.

1. Kills don't mean squat. If you people believe kills mean winning. They are wrong. It's all about taking the turrets and nexus.
2. Team composition is what makes your team win.
3. Pros don't face check bushes by yourself when the game is coming to an end. I did this when I was a noob many times and costed my team the win.
4. Pros know when and not to join fights. Don't do suicidal runs. It doesn't benefit you or the team. Basically getting 1 kill and dying does nothing to help the team. You basically gave them the same amount of gold and gained the same amount of gold. In the end, your just feeding. Only do suicidal runs when you know you will get first blood or your team will come and help you.
5. Pros know when to farm. Farming is the most essential to winning games. If you see a lane open and your team is fighting. You should consider farming that lane. Getting the turrets and pushing minions is worth more then feeding deaths to the other team.
6. If there is 4 people in a lane and there are 3 of your teammates defending it. Don't help them, your basically at a stalemate because the other team won't attack. Instead you farm the other lanes and kill turrets to make them retreat because they need to defend it. It saves your team and you get gold from turret. Only help them if you know they will get destroyed by the other team.
7. I can't stress this enough, if you don't know how to play a champion, don't play it. Learn to play it by watching youtube videos or create custom games or co-op vs ai games. Know how to build them also.
8. Junglers are not your enemies. They can't gank every lane. But sometimes junglers are just stupid.
9. Always last hit.
10. Ping the map to where a gank might be coming.
11. If you see someone farming and not helping the team, don't bother them. Farming is helping the team more then staying at base and try to ward the enemies off.
12. If your losing, just keep them at bay at turrets.
13. There should ALWAYS be someone at the lanes to get free minion experience and gold.
14. If you see a team ganking constantly, they will get out farmed sooner or later.
15. Always get baron when you get the chance. When the enemy is splitted up, hurry and get baron with your team. Baron can literally change the whole game.
16. Tanks don't need kills. Insulting them because they got no kills is like insulting a wall that he can't get any kills while defending you from a zombie apacolypse.
17. Pros buy wards.
18. Conserve your most valuable skills for escaping or readily for a gank.

19. Assists matter, just because they have deaths doesn't mean assists doesn't help the team.
20. Read guides online by www.solomid.net to know how to build items for the champions. The guides are made by pros and noobs alike. The top rated are the best guides.
21. Accept the fact that there will always be bad players. You can't win all the games. Have positive attitude so you don't rage and curse. Really bad for your health.

22. Kill stealing? who cares about kill stealing. If it's benefiting the team and you get assist gold, it doesn't matter who gets the kill, but if you're support, you should never try to ks. If you're fed but your carry isn't, You basically screwed up your lane.
23. Sometimes you just can't win lanes. Ex: Urgot, Leblanc, Morde are one of the strongest early laners in the game. They can't be beat without a gank. Unless the person controlling one of the champions mentioned above are terrible, you can't beat them in lane.
24. When going to baron, buy wards and a oracle's. Oracle's is a great item to have to clear their wards.25. You must protect the carries.

[ The post was edited by furyfight at Jan 29, 2012 10:16 pm ]

Return to the list

Signature

League of Legends ign: furyfighth

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 14, 2011 3:51 pm
Nice tips Stickied For Everyone.

Signature

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 14, 2011 5:41 pm
    That's exactly why I never go solo queue anymore :P

Signature

Jun 21, 2011 1:29 pm
    i lost so many games in ranked solo because of ragers or skill-less players Q_Q they need to read this!

Jun 21, 2011 11:52 pm
    Tell them to go to MMOSite and read it recruit for us :3

Signature

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me
    Jun 30, 2011 9:33 pm
    Nice points, but I don't agree with all of them. Players can't change all of a sudden, it takes time to get better and better.
    Best way to learn how to play is to observe and consume on how the better players are playing and start doing what they were doing. Once you get in that better mood for playing and start to get familiar with the basics, then you start experimenting with the items, skills, talents and the rune pages and later, already having your own build, runes and items that will work for that/those heroes.

One of the things I see most LoL players don't do, is creeping. They basically press right click and let it auto-attack the creep, instead of last hitting.
    Sometimes, they will need to leave those creeps for some other players, if they are playing a supporting role or tank role, last hit should be given to the carry.

I am not level 30 on LoL, but I have experience with clan wars in DotA in which we can have one tank, two supporters, carry/DD and semi-carry. All that depends on the others team pick.
    However, one of the most important things in those clans wars is to actually let the carry farm, because he will do most of the job, while the rest will assist.
    Other thing that you need to know is to time your CC's. Having that thing done, you have the whole beaten.

Voice comunication is inevitable, not just in the MOBA style games, but as well in the shooters and the MMO's. The voice comunication is the key of having a successful game, but you are not guaranteed that you will 100% win.

Signature

Jul 9, 2011 2:47 am
    Point 1 isn't always true, but mostly applies to low ELO, Saint Vicious was hacked and was in ELO hell for ranked solo queue a couple days. His ELO hell stream was very amusing, basically suggesting that just by killing the enemy enough and one can demoralize them to surrender. Of course, when you put someone very high up into very low, I suppose that should happen. Also, throw in getting oracles just for the sake of anti warding when your ahead is a good idea. Ridding enemy map control is also very important, which can help setup for eventual baron or other key spots.

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 25, 2011 8:11 am
      A nice and basic guide for nearly all moba games such as Hon, Dota and lol.

Signature

Under construction...
      Oct 18, 2011 5:47 pm
      Nice post but then again i dont agree with all the points either, and especially for number 1 kills do mean a lot especially right from the start if u lead 20-10 yes you have a greater chance to win and especially if one fed someone like akali that is gg :P

Dec 23, 2011 5:16 am
      Farm and CC wins games.

Signature

Jan 21, 2012 8:20 pm
      Noob need practice for real, my brother is a noob for instant he have to look at 4 KEY!!to know what button he be pressing

Signature

I am ! L0vEL0vEL0vE !, I just change my name because I thought I need a more interesting name.
      WhatANoobPerson
      My Youtube Channel! Filled with great Let's Play series and League of Legends Gameplays
      https://www.youtube.com/user/WhatANoobsPerson
      May 8, 2012 1:49 pm
      Nice tips. That's the basic of becomeing a good player. There are other things too that come with practice, like reflexes on a tough spot. Here's an example, not the best but you can get the picture of what I'm saying ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmCNubK51bY )

Also, when you're losing a lane because the other champ is better early game you shouldn't throw away the game. I saw many time my top lane trying to kill the other guy and failing and trying more times, or the other guy is better at farming and is damaging the turret too early/fast and my guy starts playing worse. Most of the time, those champs have a good early game but if you don't feed them and keep farming when possible, and even if they destroy your tower, keep farming and building thinking of the enemy team too (if you're still in your lane, you should counter him with a mix of defense and damage, but normally first defense). A bad outcome if you do what I said, is if he keeps farming your lane and he can't be ganked (because of other stuff happening in the match) or no one ganks him.

Another thing is, when farming without towers, just farm until where the next tower was (there's still danger, don't get me wrong) or push if you know where the enemy is.

You should play every role and learn what that role does. For example, I used to very rarely play jungler, but once I started I was able to know most of the time when his first gank would come and from where, so I would ward or simply stay by the tower and farm from a safe zone until I see him ganking another lane. When playing support I was even able to CV him running in the river to gank and be ganked instead of CV him in our jungle. (I keep saying was because it has been a month since I played and some more months since I played every day (I just play at weekends because my college internet keeps going down :( )

What else?... Like he said, only last hit. There are some stuff like freezing lane, but I'm still learning it.
      Oh, when you don't have a minion to kill because they still have enough hp, but your enemy is going to kill one, do an auto-attack on him and back away.

If you want your lane to be pushed to your tower, go to your enemy, stand next to him, let him attack you and back away as soon as he dmg you, this will make your creeps attack him while his creeps attack yours. I don't do this because it can backfire and I may take too much dmg.

There are other things that I'm not remembering.

If I said something someone already said, I'm sorry, I didn't read the replies.

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 3, 2012 5:11 am
        hmm i can call myself a good LOL player, but my elo is 1268 i think ;( i hate when mid feeds so much

Signature

Oct 4, 2012 9:54 pm
        Hi guys, I'm a level 10 LoL player and I only get to play like four or maybe six times a week but I'm determined to be good at this game so thanks for the tip, it was really helpful

Btw, I'm using Miss Fortune, any tips on how I'll be able to improver her game?

Jan 11, 2013 4:56 pm
        nice tips, i like point 1 ^^

Jan 14, 2013 5:33 am
        Nice tips man. I have lost countless battles because of bad teamwork, always raging and cursing each other. Some just dont know how to enjoy game.

Apr 13, 2013 9:41 am
        all great tips. if you condense this down to the utmost important rules I'd say that;

having good farm
        knowing your role and champ beforehand
        good attitude
        making quick decisions
        working mostly with your team instead of for yourself

are the no.1 rules for being a good player in general. the overlooked 'attitude' rule is important because an irritating rager can ruin a team simply by doing what he does best and complaining until you loose....

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 18, 2013 3:24 am
          i play soloq for 3 years (atm d1 )
          you must own ur lane in lower elos - its simple like that

Jul 4, 2013 3:15 pm
          I have never played LoL, what can you tell me about it to convince me to give it a try?

Jul 9, 2013 1:31 pm
          Reply 0#  furyfight

Blabla Bullshit Blabla

Quick Reply:This is what seperates noobs from pros.

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »