- Points: 1164
Jun 15, 2012 3:03 am
Personally I felt that Beta Weekend 2 in Guild Wars 2 was a lot different. Then again I swapped to a bigger sever (Maguuma) for more competition in WvW and tried out the SPvP. The graphics felt a lot sharper even on low graphics settings. I did not get to tryout the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon due to the lack of people willing to run. The game still had a lot of bugs that needed to be fixed, but isn't that the reason why we have Betas?
Bugs such as:
1. Lower-end computers would crash at maps. Such as going into the Mist and some parts in the new map Gendarran Fields
2. After transferring during the free transfer period, you could no longer transfer any more. I transferred once during Friday, and it said had to wait 168 days. I did posted on the forums only to have my post deleted. :(
3. Also some of the skill points that we were supposed to get were bugged and NPC's were only able to be greeted.
NEW STUFF I tried:
1. Gendarran Fields was beautiful, but the mobs there not so much. Being scaled down again I felt the pressure of soloing. My experience of being used to solo my way up to level cap, or past the map was not at all useful. Playing a norn thief was a lot different that playing a big dps class in other MMO's. I felt more vulnerable and less dpsy. :) Having one extra person
2. The new skill points implemented in the the WvW maps actually felt deserving. The mobs they put there were not easy at all, and they all were aggro. The idea of the enemy servers coming in and killing you while you work for the SP made it even more fun.
3. The new jump dungeon in WvW was also pretty fun, but since the enemy servers kept coming in and killing me. I never actually finished the dungeon, but I do plan on doing so in the future. :)
4. I finally did sPvP, which was a big deal since I have a major PvE background. It was nice and I felt it was a lot different from a lot other PvP's from other MMO's I do hate the fact that there is no kick system in for AFKers and hopefully that is implemented. Some balancing is needed, but overall it is pretty fun and have great potential :)
5. Server transferring! I previously played on one of the biggest EU servers and felt the dominance in numbers in WvW, but with dominance came with that aspect of the game gone. We played against servers that did not bother to put up a challenge and if they did they just got destroyed. Also, playing at certain times when Europeans were sleeping made the map feel dead. SO!!! Changing into a big American server opened up my eyes to a whole new world of WvW. There was an actual challenge there and also the fact of servers not being dead at certain times made it more competitive. Keeps and castles were being taken all the time and a victory actually felt deserving. We ended up losing bad in the past 2 days, but losing in a competitive way felt more deserving than winning an uncontested battle.
Stuff I hope for the next Beta:
1. Changing the price on siege weapons in WvW. They were too expensive and we were promised a discount. :O
2. Fix the bugs! Sure a beta is to have bugs and were are there to break the game so that release is nice, but when you can't actually play ITS NO FUN!!
3. Balancing of characters and mobs in certain regions of the map. If I'm lvl 30 and fighting in a lvl 10 zone I should hold some advantage rather than being killed by two monsters -.-...
4. I kind of hope for a wipe, but at the same time I don't. I do want to play a new class, but seeing my lvl 40 thief makes me not want to start over until I really have to. I still have yet to try the lvl 30 dungeon. Then again if there is a wipe I wouldn't have a choice and I might as well try a new class.
These were my experiences in this Beta. What were yours? Anything Similar or different? What do you hope for in the next beta? Looking forward to your responses! :)
Return to the list
Bookmark and share to your friends