Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Free Style: Street Basketball Unable to connect? Read this first

Unable to connect? Read this first

Apr 28, 2007 7:00 pm
In response to the new posts regarding the "unable to connect" error message I would like mention some basic steps which should resolve the issue. Please keep in mind we have answers to almost all your questions at our online knowledge base which can be accessed by clicking here.

UPDATE (4-20-2007): If you have tried the steps listed below and still cannot connect, please contact Sierra Online Guest Services and provide your IP address along with the name of your current internet service provider.

Also, if you have deleted all shortcuts to FreeStyle and are trying to launch the game using FreeStyle.exe inside the FreeStyle folder you will receive a "Unable to Connect" error message. Instead use FSBox.exe to start the game. Associate any shortcuts to the FSBox executable.

1. Make sure your connected to the internet.
Even though it sounds obvious, everything from a loose cable to ISP maintenance could be the reason you cannot connect to our servers.

2. Stop all unnecessary background applications
Programs such as PeerGuardian, Bittorrent, etc. may interrupt a connection to FreeStyle.

3. Disable your firewall
Firewalls protect your computer by restricting internet traffic, including traffic from programs such as FreeStyle. While it is indeed possible to make an "exception" and not entirely disable your firewall, we do not support this. Performance issues may still be encountered if you do not completely disable your firewall while playing FreeStyle.

4. Are you using a router?
If you are using a wireless router check your signal strength. A weak signal will significantly hinder your internet connection. Also, make sure port forwarding is configured to the specific computer in which you intend to play FreeStyle on. FreeStyle utilizes the following ports:

TCP/20
TCP/21
TCP/80
TCP/443
TCP/10000-10100
UDP/20000

For more information about port forwarding or instructions on how to enable ports please contact your router's manufacturer.

5. What type of network are you using?
If you share an internet connection among multiple computers you may not have enough bandwidth. This holds true for college, company, and community networks where sometimes hundreds of computers may all be using the internet at once. It should also be mentioned that these shared networks may also block specific packets/ports mandatory for FreeStyle to operate properly.

6. Check your regional settings
FreeStyle is only playable and supported for players in North America (more specifically the United States and Canada). Your regional settings may be unintentionally incorrect which will prevent you from connecting.

7. Were you able to play before?
If you could play the game before but cannot now, check if anything has changed since you last played. For instance: if you installed new anti-virus software and suddenly cannot connect to our servers, the new program may be the source of the issue. If you were part of the alpha test and are having issues with the new public preview try reinstalling the game (manually remove the FreeStyle directory from your local hard disk after using the "Add/Remove Programs" utility in Windows XP to ensure a clean install).

If the basic steps above do not resolve the connection issue please feel free to contact us! We're available for help via e-mail and phone Monday through Friday from 12PM to 12AM MST.

Sierra Online Guest Services:
Phone: (866) 502-1555
E-mail: Click here

See you on the courts!

Source from official forum

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 19, 2008 9:18 am
my problem was that the bar wouldn't load........

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 27, 2009 2:23 am
    Where´s FsBox.exe?

Oct 21, 2009 9:46 pm
    Sup, I'm just wondering what server are the ports for? I'm playing on GameKiss, I figured it woudn't be Gamekiss' if the topic is 2 years old...

May 7, 2012 11:31 am
    in my dekstop it is showing that they cannot connecct to the server list

May 12, 2012 10:11 am
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/66/20070428/Unable_to_connect_Read_this_first-4da833620ad1ada13-1.html#p4fa8151bdf28d3]4#[/url] [i]197.*.*.85[/i][/b] [br] [br]me too huhuhu ho did you solve yours? you can reply in my emali add ramerkarlo_b@y.c thx huhu im looking forward

Feb 18, 2013 7:39 am
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/66/20070428/Unable_to_connect_Read_this_first-4da833620ad1ada13-1.html#p4da8336c18e40f]0#[/url] [i]FS_MMOsite[/i][/b] [br] [br]im from philippines I jsut downloaded fs gamekiss... the probles unable to connect to server exiting the game.... please help i have no firewall my internet is wireless and my signal is strong no other computer sharing with my net,,,,

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 6, 2013 1:22 pm
      can I play it in the Europe?

Apr 20, 2013 10:08 pm
      [SMILE=8] I downloaded the file and everything and it took me like 2 hours to download it and now I just dont know where to open it, on my start menu I see GameKiss and I open it but it only says uninstall. I dont know what to do now..

May 31, 2013 4:54 pm

[[[

Feb 23, 2014 11:23 pm
      freestyle is available in philippines?

Apr 6, 2014 9:14 pm
      [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/66/20070428/Unable_to_connect_Read_this_first-4da833620ad1ada13-1.html#p4da8336c18e40f]0#[/url] [i]FS_MMOsite[/i][/b] [br] [br]
      why im always unable to connect to server. exiting game
      in the gameskiss freestyle?

MMOsite Special Offer

Quick Reply:Unable to connect? Read this first

Smiles
        refresh
        Go Advanced »