Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List

How to craft in FFXIV

Aug 23, 2010 3:27 am
Here is brief introduction about Craft in FFXIV from FFXIVCORE forum, credit goes to Blood Lotus. The craft system is quite interesting but a little bit confusing by just reading the descriptions. Nevertheless, it is still great guide for us to get to know some info craft in FFXIV.

After reading a few posts on the Beta forums about Crafting, I thought I'd share what I learned with the folks with questions.

I'm using a Levequest as an example, but the processes and things to look for are the same.

After you get your Levequest you have to find the NPC that you are doing it for.. (which can be a good opportunity to learn the layout of the city since you'll probly be looking for the NPC for awhile. When you actually find them pick the Levequest you're actually trying to do.

Reread and Verify...

Side note: This is the point where normal Crafting will take place, add the items to the material boxes and continue on.

Next (only for Levequests unfortunately) the materials will automatically be added to your... umm... material boxes? Hopefully they find a way to set this up for regular crafting. Like once you learn a recipe you can select it and the mats are applied if you have them... but back to topic.

Next you will be shown other parts that are needed for the recipe, but right now in beta these can be ignored. The required skill in the picture can probably be bought for Guild Marks when you acquire enough of them. Possibly they will increase the success of certain recipes when they are acquired.

Also you will be notified if the recipe is out of your range or not. If you can't craft it the system won't allow you to go past this point... or the step before this one, I forget.

Now the fun begins!

When you first start your orb will be White. This color will give you an "Above Average" CHANCE at success. I cap Chance because as we all know, there isn't a guarantee with Crafting at all.

During the process you will most likely see the color of the orb changing, this generally indicates your Average Success Rate. The ring around the orb will be explained at the end.

If you see this... Wait. Red is your Lowest chance at success. If you do something other than Wait you will most likely fail that step.

Yellow on the other hand, is your best chance at success. If you have a goal, either Finishing the attempt (Rapid) or High Quality (Bold) choose the appropriate step.

The ring around the orb indicates the instability of an element. The orb can still be any of the colors above. Instability in an element can't really be removed, you can try to Wait but it probably won't change. If you're unlucky your next step will make the element go Chaotic and you will suffer a dramatic decrease in Quality and Durability.

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Sep 6, 2010 9:46 am
Link are down, can you please reupload them?

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 9, 2010 8:06 am
    nice guide but the pictures/links aren't showing

Signature

Sep 16, 2010 8:10 pm
    yea photobucket. Nice guide :)

Sep 27, 2010 10:10 am
    I'm following this and still failing.

Sep 29, 2010 1:17 am
    greeat guide.. but need to fix some links.. sometimes they fail to open

Oct 10, 2010 11:34 am
    thanx for tips

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 10, 2010 11:19 pm
      some links dont work .can you plz fix them?

Signature

Oct 11, 2010 4:44 pm
      yea

Quick Reply:How to craft in FFXIV

Smiles
      refresh
      Go Advanced »