Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Non-English Games Zero Tolerance Policy on Spam and Advertisement

Welcome to the Foreign Games section. Jun 14, 2008 1:18 am

TOGGLE
Please take your time to look at some useful and popular links below. And remember to read the Stickied threads!

Zero Tolerance Policy on Spam and Advertisement

May 3, 2010 8:44 am
It has come to the attention of a number of the mods on these forums that the Non-English Games board has become a hotbed for senseless spamming and advertising bots overflowing these boards with trash. It's become so bad, in fact, that one of the mods complained in the moderator lounge about the ridiculous amounts of spam, how the mods for this board have been inactive and thus doing nothing, and how it's starting to spread through the rest of the general forum.

Surely, I don't need to tell you how annoying these people and bots have been on this board, because the bulk of you are responsible posters and readers and have to sift through this crap on a daily basis. So this is for all of you. [SMILE=s43]

Upon request, I've been made a moderator to this board (I also moderate the Warcraft III board and the Console Lounge), and for the benefit of those of you who want to share the many wonderful games not yet brought to America, England, or any other English-speaking nation or learn more about such games, I am enforcing a zero-tolerance policy to anyone who spams stupid broken smiles or mass-posts advertisements as bots.

If you spam or advertise and I find it (and I'm usually very vigilant, so it shouldn't take long before I WILL find them), your post will be deleted and your account and/or IP address will be banned. This post is your warning.

Within the next couple of days I am going to start going through the posts on this board, deleting spam and banning accounts of those annoying little violators, going all the way back to the original and forgotten posts to clean the archives, in an effort to help ensure that all of you good, awesome, and helpful people don't have to deal with this any longer.

I hope I can help you guys have a better experience on the Non-English Games board, and I hope my efforts serve you all well.

Return to the list

Signature

"What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible." -- Cao Cao

Bookmark and share to your friends

May 21, 2010 9:08 pm
Listen, I can't tell you how many posts I've deleted and how many accounts and/or IPs I've banned. It's gotta be around 40 by now. I mean business around here, so watch out.

Signature

"What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible." -- Cao Cao

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 15, 2010 8:59 am
    i wish u good luck with ur task but it will be very difficult with these many bots/spammer ect....

hope u can improve something^^

Jul 15, 2010 4:06 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nerathos
    i wish u good luck with ur task but it will be very difficult with these many bots/spammer ect....

hope u can improve something^^

Well, I'm doing pretty well so far. I've already done lots of cleaning and lots of banning.

Signature

Nov 27, 2010 5:51 am
    You fgts may have caught me "napping" (buried in work), but how stupid is it to post an advertisement in the sticky that warns that advertisements will get you banned instantly?

You don't see it anymore because the person that posted the advertisement has been banned, as promised.

Signature

Quick Reply:Zero Tolerance Policy on Spam and Advertisement

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »