Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Non-English Games ~FAQ on Foreign Gaming (Please read before posting/asking)~

Welcome to the Foreign Games section. Jun 14, 2008 1:18 am

TOGGLE
Please take your time to look at some useful and popular links below. And remember to read the Stickied threads!

~FAQ on Foreign Gaming (Please read before posting/asking)~

Jun 10, 2007 11:23 pm
This FAQ/Guide will contain information on pretty much how to get started on Foreign gaming, if you want to find some numbers read the FAQ!!!

~Introduction~

1.0 ............. Foreign Gaming
1.1 ............. Security Numbers
1.2 ............. Korea
1.3 ............. China
1.4 ............. Taiwan
1.5 ............. Japan
1.6 ............. Other Countries
1.7 ............. Unicode
1.8 ............. Registration Page Basics
1.9 ............. Common Registration Glossary for Korean Games
2.0 ............. The FAQ Part

1.0 -Foreign Gaming-

Foreign Gaming is when you play games that aren't in English or in your native language(what ever that might be...).
People do this because they love how the game looks in either graphics, music, skills, designs etc. etc. or if they can't fu*king wait 2 years for it to come to their country.

1.1 -Security Numbers-

Most country have this when people are newly borne into the world from their mother's womb...it tends to be illegal for people to obtain them on the Internet, due to lots of reasons such as identify theft, credit card theft etc. etc.

More info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identification_number

1.2 -Korea-

Korea...the country of gaming Gods...popular for making MMORPGs for the young.
KSSN (Korean Social Security Number) use to be KRN (Korean Residential Number) in the old days. Now days obtaining one might be rare in some cases or could be easy for others...other then that the online Frauds of this problem sure pisses the Korean government off lol...

Reading a KSSN is pretty easy, First 6 digit in the formula goes as "yymmdd" (yeah, month, date).
Then the 1st word in the 2nd part determines male or female of what year they are born in.
1 = male born from 1900~1999
2 = female born from 1900~1999
3 = male born from 2000~2099
4 = female born from 2000~2099

eg. 990909 1234567  = Male Korean born on "September 9th of 1999".

Want to find a number? Read the FAQ!

More info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_registration_number_%28South_Korea%29

1.3 -China-

Chinese made games are getting pretty popular these days...thou it can be sucky because of lag...
Online and Offline Frauds are very common here.

eg.  123456199909091234 = Male Mainland Chinese born on "September 9th of 1999".

More info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identification_number#People.27s_Republic_of_China

1.4 -Taiwan-

Taiwan made games isn't so much, but it's still ok...and taiwan servers don't lag too much for me :x
Online and Offline Frauds are very common here.

eg. E112345670 = Male Taiwanese born on "September 9th of 1999".

More info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identification_number#Republic_of_China_.28Taiwan.29

1.5 -Japan-

Japanese games are also popular, maybe due to it beening the God of Anime and every other random shit you find on the Internet(God Bless 2ch).
Japanese games tend to be more Anime theme,anime based or anime looking kinda moe games...some of their games are pretty good. and they don't require a Birth number to register for their sites...which also gains a major popularity among English gamers.

Address search: http://search.post.japanpost.jp/7zip/  *provided by aura, from OnRPG*

1.6 -Other Countries-

To be updated....if someone wants to help me add...

1.7 -Unicode-

Unicode and IMEs are settings which allows your computer to view and type in the selected language. It requires Windows XP CD to install.
Follow the image below for how to set your Unicode (for Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese just change everything to that instead of Korean).

1.8 -Registration Page Basics-

Korean Sites

Korean sites are the hardest to register for (depends on how well you are experienced in foreign gaming), almost everything that requires needs to be 100% valid.
Most sites these days require a name with it's real KSSN, real cell-phone or home-phone so then they can txt your code to activate your account.
Other then that you'll need a real address but it's not hard since u can just pick any random one on the list it generates.

The set up will look like this:

(1st page is kssn and name check, some sites can use generated kssn and fake names while others need both or just 1 real one...)
- Name - KSSN -

(2nd page will be info filling...)
- Username (name check WILL apply)-
- Password (some maybe picky with this, might require you to add numbers or caps in this...)-
- Password again -
- BBS or Forum name (name check may apply) -
- Email -
- Address - (you will have to open the menu/button to type it in, what u do is type in a korean city/town and it will search up zip code and address for you, after selecting just type in any random words.)
- Telephone and cellphone -
- Then a visual validation code may apply here -

*Please note: The set up format of each site may be vary to what has been posted.*

Chinese Sites

The set up for Chinese sites are also pretty simple, hardest part may be finding a valid China ID, valid address, valid telephone or valid name.
Depends if the site has got good security settings or not...

- Username (name check may apply)-
- Password -
- Password again -
- Name -
- China Birth ID -
- Email -
- Some may ask for telephone or address here -

*Please note: The set up format of each site may be vary to what has been posted.*

Taiwanese Sites

Taiwan sites are also pretty simple but a little tougher for those who can't read or type Chinese.
Hardest part may be finding a valid Taiwanese ID, valid address, valid telephone or valid name.
Depends if the site has got good security settings or not...

- Username (name check may apply)-
- Password -
- Password again -
- Name -
- Taiwan Birth ID -
- Gender -
- Address -
- Email -
- Cellphone or Homephone -

Japanese Sites

The set up for Japanese sites are fairly simple, all it does just requires username, password and email.
While some more secure sites will go for real home or real telephone addresses, to be able to sign up successfully.

- Username -
- Password -
- Password again -
- Email -
- Some may ask for telephone or address here -

1.9 -Common Registration Glossary for Korean Games-

2.0 -The FAQ Part-

You may post you questions here and it will be answered.
Remember NO NUMBER REQUESTING!!! Yes I lied, get over it.

Q.  How do I find a KSSN??
A.  http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/ or Use the MMOsite forum search function.

Q.  Can you make a sign up guide to this xxx game?
A.  No. I only will make a guide for popular game companies, not single games.

Q.  Can you help me sign up a account for this xxx game?
A.  No. Use the MMOsite forum search function.

Q.  How do I learn foreign language??
A.  Moogle it.

Q.  How do I......?
A.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

[ The post was edited by nzrock at May 9, 2011 1:39 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 11, 2007 1:22 am
That is a nice guide for the members who interrests on above type games..
Chinese , korean , taiwan etc.. Also about KSSN ..
I dont care much about these stuff cause not my type..
For help about other genres.. I live in Turkey and we release almost any MMO games.. :/
Thank you for adding this, it will be very usefull with updates and contributes of other members.

Signature

Thanks Xael, Love won't ever forget you.

Interview with Loveforever :

-- > Click here to view < --

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 11, 2007 6:55 am
    Great job [SMILE=s46]
    And I hope most of good foreign MMORPGs would have a English version [SMILE=s52]

Signature

Thanks Posei for making me this sig
    Jun 11, 2007 1:56 pm
    Nice guide, definitely helpful since many people try to register in foreign games.

Signature

MMOSite Super-Duper Moderator

My Interview :)!!
    Jun 11, 2007 3:13 pm
    np ^^, if any1 has any other problems, ask here and i'll answer it ;D

Signature

Jun 30, 2007 12:21 pm
    So, will i ever get caught of using those ID's KSN watever u call it..

Jun 30, 2007 12:23 pm
    depends where u live and how tough the terms of agreement the game company has....

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 12, 2007 1:20 pm
      thanks alot man for this guide this helped me alot

Signature

http://my.mmosite.com/oulyt
      Oct 6, 2007 7:19 am
      This guide is great!A truly gem!

Signature

May 2, 2008 11:45 pm
      ok you answered the question about learning korean and you said moogle it i tried searching moogle and (i should have guessed ) i ended up with wikipedia on moogle info (the monster in final fantasy... where can i go?

Nov 23, 2008 7:19 pm

Killer Guide you have going there!

Too bad there is no way to get around Korean
      Valid stuff like phone number!

I hate having to wait like 2-4 years before the games they have to get over to NA. sure a waste really
      Someone should learn some serious korean and help the rest of us apply for games over there!!  

May 21, 2009 11:27 pm
      1st post updated.
      @bfoster: It's just a little joke/sarcasm :P Go use Google of course.

[ The post was edited by nzrock at May 9, 2011 1:29 am ]

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 5, 2011 1:02 pm
        Reply 3#  People's Champ

*---* nice forum

Dec 19, 2011 11:51 pm
        Yup, i agree to this situation.

Jan 31, 2012 10:11 pm
        XD lol on the FAQ part.

Signature

"What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible." -- Cao Cao

Aug 24, 2012 9:16 am
        Can u post a guide for the following game.....
        http://golfstar.com2us.com/

Thanks in advance :)

Aug 24, 2012 11:54 am
        Lol'd at the FAQ part... The FAQ is like " "

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 28, 2013 7:08 pm
          "What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible." -- Cao Cao

Aug 28, 2013 12:18 am

Here, maybe you want. You are another master?  come and see!Click here to http://www.d3joy.com/

Sep 5, 2013 2:01 am
          Check all of the order information finally:)Click “Check out”.To pay for the order with the correct payment method you chose. Once this is done,our system will get your order at once,at this time, please come to the livechat in our site, our operaters will help you to check all of the information again. Then arrange the boosting for you at once. Operaters will also give you a approximate comleted time.
          Cheap League of Legends Boost
          buy elo boost

Quick Reply:~FAQ on Foreign Gaming (Please read before posting/asking)~

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »