Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Dragon Nest Windwalker vs Tempest for Raids?

Windwalker vs Tempest for Raids?

Feb 21, 2013 6:55 pm

<a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/">michael kors outlet</a> brand embodies the American casual style. He relationship between Celine and own brand is how to treat it? "They will be very different. Typical American style, but Celine noble and beautiful, more international, for example, it is commonly used in silk, chiffon, leather, these nbazly7 gorgeous fabrics expensive. Combined with our personality, with luxury romantic I did Celine newly installed, reflect the reality of <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/">michael kors outlet</a> s lives can be very childish also more mature. "

Michael Kors view today's Paris Fashion Week rolled up to the new wave of American designers boom: now is the era of international borders, people wear the same <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/">michael kors outlet</a>, just depending on the needs of life change. Japanese go to Paris from the previous development, to today's Belgian designer, the United Kingdom to help Americans fashion internationalization.

Today, <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/michael-kors-hamilton-c-8.html">michael kors hamilton</a> is always non-stop between New York and Paris, Celine headquarters. His famous quote: "For senior apparel brand, can be prepared the clothes can dress the streets, not evil."
FROM: [url]http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/[/url]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Feb 25, 2013 3:06 am
If I'm the PL, I'd go for Tempest. But most of the players just choose any of the two, since they're mostly used for Spirit Boost.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 25, 2013 6:33 pm
    Tempest you can do the arco job and increase party dps at the sametime which a windwalker can`t do.

Feb 26, 2013 2:39 am
    Reply 22#  flavourjello

Really?   Doesn't Show Time double your damage output since it refreshes the cooldowns of your skills? When it comes to survivability, I'd say they even have more i.frames than tempests.

Feb 27, 2013 1:03 am
    The difference is really minor. The -30% applies to phy dmg only, not a major debuff as far as damage stacking buffs/debuffs go. Is it an actual advantage over windwalker theoretically? Yes. But that is assuming damage conditions are the same, and that the acrobat is there mainly for spirit boost and support. In terms of burst dps, windwalker is way higher than tempest due to showtime. For ddn, unlike gdn, the dps windows are really short, and only longer ranged classes can even really entertain the thought of sustained dps which is where tempests shine at.

In my opinion, for a normal geared acrobat, tempest is the better choice - push hp and def to survive and spirit boost, use 55EX whenever you can to help support the glads/engineers/dancer(?) in party.

If you have the gear though, I believe windwalker is the better acrobat to take. Losing out that small 30% is nothing, compared to the pain you dish out in burst dps compared to tempest. And of course, showtime allows you to do more than dps...

Generally speaking, class choices are pretty much decided by gear, party composition, and the general strategy the party leader decides to adopt. For a top level acrobat, I believe windwalker is the better choice.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm
    Pfft. Show time dps burst combo BURNS ur MP. It sucks in other Nests... In DDN not really because of the oasis, but can't keep spamming it.

And you can check, tempest skills and wind walker skills damage are balanced. The only skill that windwalker has that is stronger than tempest's is rising storm.

To choose which class depend on playstyle... In my opinion. Both are good, each has it pros and cons.

But I still stick to tempest :)

Feb 28, 2013 1:53 am
    Use a vigor suffix weapon and you never run out of MP as a windwalker, so I have no idea why you even bring up MP at all. My windwalker had unlimited MP in every single nest.

The issue isn't whether tempest and windwalker skills are balanced - it's that showtime gives windwalker insane burst damage advantage over tempest. Outside of showtime windwalker will do less than tempest. Hence, I did mention that tempest shines at sustained dps. The shorter the dps windows, the more important the ability to deal burst damage is. Showtime with plate lasts for 36s, over an entire dps window. Whether to move for platforming (manti tornado etc.) or for catching up to a boss after they do their charge moves, it's an invaluable asset. Is it necessary? Nope. But consider this - if you have the gear to be a frontline dps, which option offers a higher dps potential in ddn? What skills can tempest use to match up to windwalker's damage in showtime? How long can your tempest keep doing damage in ddn, longer than 36s without pause? Remember, it is not a skill damage comparison, but the ability to inflict more damage during dps windows. From my experience, windwalker wins hands down in this department. It would be more than welcome if you can prove otherwise.

Yes, both are good, I did mention that above. Also the reasons why as well - if you cannot gear extensively, tempest with an automatic evade gives you more survivability, and you just focus on spirit boost / debuff with 55EX. If you can gear though, during dps windows windwalker will do much more damage than tempest due to showtime.

Also, I would respectfully disagree that the choice is about the playstyle, but by gear, class composition, and strategy. As a party leader, you make choices based on the classes you have available. If you have a high physical based dps team, with GM/SS, gladiator etc, bringing a tempest to fill in as support might be the better choice. If your main dps is artillery or any of the other magical based classes, the 55EX of tempest is less useful in comparison. Bringing a windwalker who can deal higher burst damage then would make more sense, especially if the windwalker has the gear to act as a frontline dps.

You are free to stick to whatever you like. Like I said though, my point isn't about whether windwalkers or tempests are better, only my pov about acro's role in ddn. Fact is most people are not extreme geared, and do not have the potential to act as frontline dps - they would do better as tempest in there.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 28, 2013 3:28 am
      there's one video in freedom forum.. showing one high geared windwalker hitting 1kk+ on Minotaur from typhoon nest... plus using air pounce with showtime,   eagle dive has 10 seconds of cooldown. while tempest  55 ex ( marionnete) does how much? i forgot that its a disable skill, doenst count much...  lol  o.o

Signature

KDN - Server
      Usagi - Artillery - Lv 80
      스타Shooter - Gear Master - Lv 80
      Obscuria - Majesty - LV 80

Waiting for Dark Avenger
      :)

Feb 28, 2013 9:02 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by d0uglaz at Feb 28, 2013 3:28 am
      there's one video in freedom forum.. showing one high geared windwalker hitting 1kk+ on Minotaur from typhoon nest... plus using air pounce with showtime,   eagle dive has 10 seconds of cooldown. while tempest  55 ex ( marionnete) does how much? i forgot that its a disable skill, doenst count much...  lol  o.o     
      You make it sound like tempest can`t use air pounce and eagle dive as well lol, rephrase your point.

Feb 28, 2013 11:41 pm
      Tempest I choose tempest for raids.

Mar 1, 2013 11:56 pm
      [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/49/20130115/Windwalker_vs_Tempest_for_Raids-50f57a5015d375613-2.html#p51303651e95298]28#[/url] [i]flavourjello[/i][/b] [br] [br]Your argument is invalid.
      Windwalkers have showtime, which allows unlimited air pounces.

Mar 2, 2013 2:31 am
      Reply 27#  d0uglaz

Eagle Dive is 12 secs IIRC,
      and Binding Shot is 13 secs.

Not much difference.
      I feel Lv55+60 EX altogether are quite balanced for the 2 classes.

But for any place where showtime can be effectively used, WW take the lead.

@flavourjello
      Air pounce is still the best DoT skills acro can have. Pairing with Showtime (and SB) will produce very high dps for 14~36 seconds period.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 2, 2013 2:55 am
        Since when Air Pounce is a DoT skill? I assume you meant DPS. IIRC only EL has skills which produce damage + DoT.

Mar 3, 2013 3:56 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by fourrier at Mar 2, 2013 2:31 am
        Reply 27#  d0uglaz

Eagle Dive is 12 secs IIRC,
        and Binding Shot is 13 secs.

Not much difference.
        I feel Lv55+60 EX altogether are quite balanced for the 2 classes.

But for any place where showtime can be effectively used, WW take the lead.

@flavourjello
        Air pounce is still the best DoT skills acro can have. Pairing with Showtime (and SB) will produce very high dps for 14~36 seconds period.     
        I think people forget that Tempest and Windwalker play style just isn't the same. Sure air pounce is nice is it the skill to use in a raid majority of the time no.

Also Somersault Ex makes up for that which is a much better option over air pounce especially under TA.

Please Note i'm not saying 1 class is better then that other i'm just stating that i rather take a tempest.

Mar 4, 2013 11:50 am
        Windwalker for me. :)) Good DPS than Tempest..

Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am
        Yeah, Air Pounce is only proven useful when against big bosses, not to mention the lag and all. It will become less useful when facing multiple mobs. This skill when used against boss = IMBA DPS if paired with Showtime! WW all the way :>!

Mar 27, 2013 1:23 am
        Reply 1#  36.*.*.165

Well, dunno about the tanking part, but I was able to tank the giant tree/golem boss in SDN with my WW just yesterday. :o (Not that my job was tanking...it's only because all of the people in our party left, and there was only a Gear Master and me left lol)
        Reply 35# 202.*.*.7

If the boss is too tall you can't really use air pounce though. :o  It's very good for shorter bosses that are also chubby. xD

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 30, 2013 6:27 am
          ^ That is where Showtime shines. You can safely use your Air Pounce although you missed your first third-fourth Pounce for example. You can just space spam your enemy like a boss lol.

Dec 23, 2013 11:59 pm
          ok WindWalker class is now dying xD

Jan 3, 2014 1:57 am
          help if you want to try in the future.

Quick Reply:Windwalker vs Tempest for Raids?

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »