Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Dragon Nest Windwalker vs Tempest for Raids?

Windwalker vs Tempest for Raids?

Jan 15, 2013 7:48 am
Hello, I was just wondering which class was better for raids? I guess I am mostly talking about GDN and DDN. I currently have a Tempest, but was going to switch to Windwalker until I saw that Tempest was included in the ideal DDN lineup. I also remember seeing a GDN party in kDN a long time ago where they asked for a Tempest.

So far in SDN my Tempest has been fine. I like the fact that I can use Kick Shot EX as a mobility skill on top of Chain Tumble and Butterfly Float. Also, Evade/Untouchable has saved me a few times from taking damage. Hurricane Dance is also a nice skill to use because it is basically one huge i-frame.

However I feel like Windwalkers might be able to deal more damage with Showtime. I have also heard that Windwalkers can serve as a tank for Rotating Breath in SDN by using Showtime and Spiral Kick spam and keep the dragon from moving while taking no damage. Would situations like this happen in GDN and DDN?

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this are with their experience in cDN and kDN. Thank you in advance.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jan 16, 2013 3:59 am
survivability wise, tempest is much better.
like you said, she has more iframes than ww that may save your life in important times. that's why tempest is preferable in big raids.

but either way acrobat is used for spirit boost and crit buff... so it doesn't matter much.

tanking is only for paladin, acro can never tank shit. what if lag? misstype hotkey? same as death.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 17, 2013 12:47 am
    Reply 1#  36.*.*.165

So it doesn't matter that much, then? If it's only about survivability then I guess it doesn't make that much more of a difference. Yes, I know that Tanking is the Paladin's job, but even something as small as a Windwalker being able serve as a tank for Rotating Breath can be seen as a way to break the mold from the typical jobs that certain classes are expected to pull.

Anyway, thanks for the response. :)

Jan 17, 2013 4:51 pm
    It doesn't matter, both of them are good for raids, you just need to make sure that you're strong enough to survive.
    Paladin are tanky. Good Defense .

Jan 17, 2013 10:54 pm
    In KDN, No one wants Tempests or Wind Walker.

Stay in pvp

Signature

Dragon Nest Korea

Korean Dragon Nest Videos

★Beta★ = Twerk

Jan 17, 2013 11:27 pm
    Reply 4#  Twerk

Well that's funny because I still remember that one time in kDN when I specifically saw a party asking for a Tempest... and like I mentioned, a Tempest was included in the preferred roster for DDN on some cDN. Anyway, even if no one wants either, I am asking which one is more viable for raids.

Feb 20, 2013 4:33 am

I agree to the majority, tempest are mostly included in raid nest.

http://dn-guidelines.blogspot.com/

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 20, 2013 8:24 am
      I have one windwalker on kDN, but , if i get your answer based on the popularity of tempest and windwalkers, i would say to you keep your tempest... cause 8 of 10 acro are tempests.... idk why, since WW has more DMG and mobility...   maybe its cause of evade/untouchable and hurricane dance, which gives you invicibility for a certain time.....

:)

Signature

KDN - Server
      Usagi - Artillery - Lv 80
      스타Shooter - Gear Master - Lv 80
      Obscuria - Majesty - LV 80

Waiting for Dark Avenger

Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm
      Since when WW has more damage than Tempest? Only because Rising Storm?

Tempest has a dmg increase debuff, which is the Binding Shot Ex. And the dmg of DSK Ex is pretty awesome...

Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by 177.*.*.70 at Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm
      Since when WW has more damage than Tempest? Only because Rising Storm?

Tempest has a dmg increase debuff, which is the Binding Shot Ex. And the dmg of DSK Ex is pretty awesome...     
      rising storm + eagle dive ex, comboed with stun kick with special attack, giving you time to do some jumps to use eagle dive (using the special attack SSK)

Eagle dive hits 250- 300k with my WW, and its have 12 secs of cd...

do the math...

Signature

KDN - Server

Waiting for Dark Avenger

Feb 21, 2013 6:26 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by d0uglaz at Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by 177.*.*.70 at Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pmSince when WW has more damage than Tempest? Only because Rising Storm?

rising storm + eagle dive ex, comboed with stun kick with special attack, giving you time to do some jumps to use eagle dive (using the special attack SSK)

do the math...     
      Isnt' that a bit too fast? Eagle Dive back to back after 1 skill distance?

Also what is SSK? Somersault Kick?

Feb 21, 2013 7:36 am
      Reply 10#  fourrier

yes, SSK is somersault kick...

Signature

KDN - Server

Waiting for Dark Avenger

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 21, 2013 9:05 am
        Quote: Originally Posted by d0uglaz at Feb 21, 2013 7:36 am
        Reply 10#  fourrier

yes, SSK is somersault kick...     
        Hmmm?
        So CMIIW.. The launching kick of Blooming Kick EX can for Eagle Dive EX regardless it's still in CD?

Feb 21, 2013 9:44 am
        These two templates are really better and you can used it.

Signature

Feb 21, 2013 11:00 am
        [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/2535016/2]d0uglaz[/url] at Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm
        [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by 177.*.*.70 at Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pmSince when WW has more damage than Tempest? Only because Rising Storm?

Tempest has a dmg increase debuff, which is the Binding Shot Ex. And the dmg of DSK Ex is pretty awesome... [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/49/20130115/Windwalker_vs_Tempest_for_Raids-50f57a5015d375613-1.html#p51253d547fb7ef][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]rising storm + eagle dive ex, comboed with stun kick with special attack, giving you time to do some jumps to use eagle dive (using the special attack SSK)

do the math... [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/49/20130115/Windwalker_vs_Tempest_for_Raids-50f57a5015d375613-1.html#p512550c5c6fe4f][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]Really? I don't think Eagle dive EX DPS is that good, it is good for sure, but not a reason to "OMG TAKE WINDWALKER THEY HIT THOUSAND MORE THAN TEMPEST". Blooming kick is just meeeh. It damage isnt that good, i think a maxed ring shot can do the same dmg. But like I said, DSK is one of the top tier skill in terms of DPS of acrobat... And it doesnt have cd. I agree wind walker can use it after eagle dive, but even maxed, tempest will hit more with it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND, tempest have 30% dmg addition debuff from binding shot. Binding shot has 13 seconds cd and the debuff duration is 5 seconds. So yeah, do the math.

All party will hit 30% + with tempests in the party.

And just to say, kick shot ex dmg is pretty good tho. To me its almost the same as eagle dive. Except by the fact it has 9 seconds cooldown.

For me, wind walker will hit more than tempest when they get cyclone kick ex, cause for me, its the best skill in terms of dps.

Kick shot - 591% + 14624 (at lvl 16) + 70% dmg from EX (+20% if use plate)

Eagle dive - 530% + 14137 (at lvl 15) + 30% dmg from EX (+20% if use plate)

Do the math²

Feb 21, 2013 12:07 pm
        Tempest>WW for raids. Due to better survivability. i think we got a tempest in ddn team 1 and that spirit boost has saved our ass a few times

Signature

RoyalEle - 60 Elestra (Main)
        Seranade - 60 - Blade Dancer
        RoyaleDeath - 60 - Soul Eater
        Galaxias - 60 - Shooting Star
        Zashi - 59 - Smasher
        RoyalLight - 40 - Future Artillery

Feb 21, 2013 1:43 pm
        The one with the invincible missile.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 21, 2013 2:34 pm
          In my opinion, both are good. BUT, there's this story of "wind walker hits much more than tempest etc", thats not true; and also Tempest has a great mobility TOO.

The dmg of both classes are good and spirit boost is very good as well for party...

But, for me, tempest is better :D

Feb 21, 2013 6:20 pm
          Reply 15#  Royale D

Spirit boost is owned by Acro, so both WW and Tempest have that.

Evade is auto damage reduction, while showtime provide unlimited evasion or iframe for 30s/36s time frame

Feb 21, 2013 6:29 pm
          Economic periods are difficult <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/">michael kors outlet</a> online, and you’re not by yourself if you’re sensation the results from the economic system on your own personal pocketbook <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/">michael kors outlet</a>. While financial issues can be disastrous and having to worry Cheap Michael Kors Handbags Outlet, they are not long-lasting. Below are nbazly7 ways to support assist you on personal loans so you can get out of debts and/or commence planning in the future.
          If you’re attempting to begin a finances using a system, attempt to avoid paying with cash. It’s easy to just forget about money acquisitions rather than component them in <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/">michael kors outlet</a>, given that they’re far more nbazly7 difficult to keep track of with budgeting computer software. As an alternative, use debit or charge cards wherever possible to keep your investing noticeable.
          Develop a price range and adhere to it. Many people method personalized finance with out a basic spending budget program at hand. Just how do you succeed with personal financial should you don’t use a clue your location conserving money and losing money <a href="http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/michael-kors-hamilton-c-8.html">michael kors hamilton</a>? Make a listing of your expenses and cash flow and monitor it month-to-month.
          FROM: [url]http://www.michaelkorsoutletonlinesz.com/[/url]

Quick Reply:Windwalker vs Tempest for Raids?

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »