Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Dragon Nest The Ultimate Moonlord Hybrid Guide

The Ultimate Moonlord Hybrid Guide

Jul 30, 2011 8:11 am

Moonlord is a balanced class to play, they can do both physical (melee) and magical (range) damage as well as being "defensive" with [Parry] (+% block passive) and [Parry Stance] (100% block for a short period of time).

[Warrior Skills]

[Impact Punch] [Heavy Slash]

Both Lv1. (Default Skills). Raising them makes barely a difference.

[Rising Slash]
Lv. 6? Isn't 5 good enough? Lv. 6 adds an extra slash in the attack which can combo into Aerial Combo. I made a video so you guys can see with your own eyes! :)

[Surprise Attack]
Important to have for when you got surrounded by mobs and even useful in PvP.

[Impact Wave]
Lv. 4 is enough since it is pre-req for [Moonlight Splitter].

[Circle Break]
Lv. 1? Yes, it's an awesome AoE skill on early levels, but you won't be using it much on higher lvls, and its cooldown is 30 seconds.

[Tumble] [Aerial Evasion] [Dash]
Those are a must have maxed as soon as possible.

[Highlander]
Costs 0 SP and is really useful take it.

[Physical Mastery] [Mental Mastery] [Mental Training]
I like maxing them since there are many spare points into warrior tree, and extra life/mana and mp recovery is always nice to have!.

[SwordMaster Skills]

[Moonlight Spitter]
Lv11. This is one of your main DPS Skill. Also pre-req for [Ex Moonlight Splitter].

[Cyclone Slash]
Lv3 pre-req [Crescent Cleave]. Summons a tornado that goes toward your enemy, very useful for trapping opponents by walls @ PvP.

[Crescent Cleave]
Lv. 5 because it shoots out 5 waves. Great skill specially when fighting huge bosses.

[Halfmoon Slash]
Lv.7Great skill and great damage, slow animation though, but can use a plate to reduce animation by 50% .

[Great Wave]
Great Wave is a more standard Ultimate. Powerful, flashy, and destroys mobs. As afuture Moonlord, you're gonna have to get this skill to unlock [Moonblade Dance].

[Triple Slash]
Lv1 Pre-Req for [Line Drive] Three quick slashes good for clearing several monsters spreaded out.

[Aerial Combo]
Lv.1. Pre-Req for [Line Drive] It's a useful skill when combing [Rising Slash]+ LMx2.

[Deep Straight]
Lv. 2. Pre-Req for [Line Drive] Makes the enemy have an unbalanced footing, getting hit once in this state will make you float, an okay skill for PvP.

[Hacking Stance]
For PvE purposes, it's not so great. In PvP if you can get it in, destroys your opponent. The hit-stun is low. Keep it at Lv. 3 Pre-Req for [Line Drive].

[Line Drive]
Amazing skill . You can getup to 6 hits with this skill depending on who or what you're fighting. Against small mobs, not many hits. Against Nest-sized bosses, many hits. Also very important to have for PvP helps catching up your opponent.

[Dash Slash] [Dash Combo]
Both must be Lv. 1. This is why you don't add any SP into Dash Kick. Cause this is the better of the two.

[Eclipse]
Lv. 1 is enough. This skill is awesome in decreasing the Super Armor of enemies. So you won't be interrupted as easily.

[Heavy Hammer]
It's amazing. It gives you an awesome damage multiplier. I keep it at Lv. 5 because the multiplier doesn't increase as much after that.

[Counter Exile]
Lv. 1 is fine.Anything beyond is a waste of SP. Though it's your main aerial recovery skill alongside with Aerial Evasion - Aerial Combo.

[Parrying]
Lv. 3 pre-req to [Parrying Stance]. 11.6% auto-block.

[Counter Slash] [Counter Wave]
[Counter Slash] Lv. 2.and [Counter Wave] Lv1 they are pre-req to [Parrying Stance]. Those skills you press Left Mouse/Right Mouse after a "block" in order to use it.

[Parrying Stance]
Lv.1. Due not enough SP. Your survival skill. 100% chance to block for 10 seconds, can use a plate for extra 50% duration.

[Heraldry]

[Stats]
Magic and Wisdom
Life and Healthy
Defense and MDefense

[Skill]
Halfmoon Slash -50% Animation
Parrying Stance +50% Duration
Moonlight Splitter +20% Damage

[Gameplay]

[LvL 24 SwordMaster Combing]

[LvL 50 Moonlord Manticore Nest Solo]

[Moonlord vs Majesty(Force User Adv)]

[References]

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110625/MAGHYBRID_SWORDMASTER_Moonlord_by_Carther_Asena-4e05c8a80b49a6813-1.html

[ The post was edited by unwantedy at Aug 2, 2011 7:07 pm ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jul 30, 2011 11:40 am
hybrid means ur boosting both phys n mag... line drive lvl 1 does very low damage as mag based hybrid... i recommend for hybrid pvp build to get it lvl 3 and as it is now it would be a more pve based build.. ( might aswell drop out line drive and lvl another skill)

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 30, 2011 11:49 pm
    Do we get a SP reset for every Job Advancement? Just wondering.

Jul 31, 2011 4:01 am
    Quote: Originally Posted by 108.*.*.96 at Jul 30, 2011 11:49 pmDo we get a SP reset for every Job Advancement? Just wondering.     
    if it follows the reward system for lvl 15 job advancement, then yes

@TS
    deep straight makes the enemy stagger(makes the enemy have an unbalanced footing, getting hit once in this state will make you float), not float/launched into the air

you may want to take out the "hybrid" since almost no one goes for pure builds(unless they want to run out of skills in a short period of time) :D

and in relation to mental mastery, does having a larger mana pool increase your mp recovery %rate?

and just a question to fellow sword masters(up to higher classes) : is side kick plate(50% speed) worth it? i was checking the auction prices and the plate's price doesn't seem to go down from >400g(in the server i am playing in)

[ The post was edited by majinken21 at Jul 31, 2011 4:18 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest CN
    Gladiator(Perma-Stopped)/Sniper/Raven/Guardian

Dragon Nest SEA HolyWood(My friends aren't playing anymore so I'll be inactive)
    Gladiator/Tempest/Inquisitor/MoonLord
    Jul 31, 2011 7:32 am
    side kick.. are trying to be a wannabe paladin or something?... and about mana. mp recovery recovers a certain amount of ur max mp so if ur mp increase yes u recover more mp

Jul 31, 2011 7:41 am
    Side kick plate should be for PvP purposes since it makes it easier for SM to wallcombo.

Signature

Jul 31, 2011 7:52 am
    Quote: Originally Posted by majinken21 at Jul 31, 2011 4:01 am
    Quote: Originally Posted by 108.*.*.96 at Jul 30, 2011 11:49 pmDo we get a SP reset for every Job Advancement? Just wondering.     
    if it follows the reward system for lvl 15 job advancement, then yes

@TS
    deep straight makes the enemy stagger(makes the enemy have an unbalanced footing, getting hit once in this state will make you float), not float/launched into the air

you may want to take out the "hybrid" since almost no one goes for pure builds(unless they want to run out of skills in a short period of time) :D

and in relation to mental mastery, does having a larger mana pool increase your mp recovery %rate?

and just a question to fellow sword masters(up to higher classes) : is side kick plate(50% speed) worth it? i was checking the auction prices and the plate's price doesn't seem to go down from >400g(in the server i am playing in)     
    Thanks fixed DS tooltip ^^

and yes just like arsena said, the higher mp you have the higher recover it will be

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 31, 2011 8:05 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by Asena01 at Jul 30, 2011 11:40 amhybrid means ur boosting both phys n mag... line drive lvl 1 does very low damage as mag based hybrid... i recommend for hybrid pvp build to get it lvl 3 and as it is now it would be a more pve based build.. ( might aswell drop out line drive and lvl another skill)     
      Yes, in order to get LD to lv3 i'd have to drop parrying stance to lv1, it would be something like this, so its basically damage vs survivability ^^

would look like this:

i'm not sure if it worth it tho, what do you think? :P

Jul 31, 2011 8:59 am
      line drive lvl 3  grants more damage prerequisite is that you have some decent phy (2k ++)
      dropping to parrying stance to lvl 1 wont make that much difference since parry stance is used if its hard to or you arent able to dodge if lvling would mean decreased cooldown its lvl 3 right away but for now id recommend keeping it lvl 1

Jul 31, 2011 10:05 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by Asena01 at Jul 31, 2011 8:59 am
      line drive lvl 3  grants more damage prerequisite is that you have some decent phy (2k ++)
      dropping to parrying stance to lvl 1 wont make that much difference since parry stance is used if its hard to or you arent able to dodge if lvling would mean decreased cooldown its lvl 3 right away but for now id recommend keeping it lvl 1     
      okay :)

thanks for the insights, build updated on top post =D

Jul 31, 2011 12:55 pm
      Awesome post loving the look of the build. Great job ;)

Signature

Want to go to Space? I love Space

Server: Gerrant
      IGN: | Karandra 26 | Zepher 32 | Onix 32 | Azora 25 |
      Class: | Mystic | Swordmaster | Paladin | Sharpshooter |
      Jul 31, 2011 1:20 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by DjZeroSkill at Jul 31, 2011 12:55 pmAwesome post loving the look of the build. Great job ;)     
      thank you :)
      i made some new modifications on the guide, i hope you like! :D

[ The post was edited by unwantedy at Jul 31, 2011 3:36 pm ]

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 2, 2011 9:23 am
        Parrying Stance +50% Duration.....REALLY?!?!

"Moonlord is a well balanced class to play, suitable for players who like close combat as well as hit and run.

Fast and flexible, comparable with acrobats.
        AoE DPS output, burst damage, like BowMaster, Force user.
        Survivability (Parry/Parry Stance), like block for Paladins.
        Range attacks, almost the same range as BowMaster."

Are you serious?! Comeon man, please rewrite atleast alittle, or make a quote.
        As for the build before your update, i loled.

imean what the hell, man?!! you used same build and same text and same video and named your topic "ULTIMATE".
        What is this? im supposed to reply: "GOOD POST?" im speechless when i saw this, and though hey maybe this dood will change it, but no nvm.
        ffs man! References are used as material of writing your own stuff not Copy+Paste, i think a 14 y.o kid knows the teacher wont approve alt+C "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/References", alt+P.

Internet is free as it always been, but YOOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUK?! you can atleast ask the person if its possible to repost.
        Really, i dont wanna flame this.

and this is my final words/advise.

[ The post was edited by HeartlessOne at Aug 2, 2011 9:58 am ]

Aug 2, 2011 12:29 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by HeartlessOne at Aug 2, 2011 9:23 amParrying Stance +50% Duration.....REALLY?!?!

"Moonlord is a well balanced class to play, suitable for players who like close combat as well as hit and run.

Fast and flexible, comparable with acrobats.
        AoE DPS output, burst damage, like BowMaster, Force user.
        Survivability (Parry/Parry Stance), like block for Paladins.
        Range attacks, almost the same range as BowMaster."

Are you serious?! Comeon man, please rewrite atleast alittle, or make a quote.
        As for the build before your update, i loled.

imean what the hell, man?!! you used same build and same text and same video and named your topic "ULTIMATE".
        What is this? im supposed to reply: "GOOD POST?" im speechless when i saw this, and though hey maybe this dood will change it, but no nvm.
        ffs man! References are used as material of writing your own stuff not Copy+Paste, i think a 14 y.o kid knows the teacher wont approve alt+C "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/References", alt+P.

Internet is free as it always been, but YOOOOOOOOOO WHAT THE FUK?! you can atleast ask the person if its possible to repost.
        Really, i dont wanna flame this.

and this is my final words/advise.

=O i thought what u have said was pretty nice... so i used your words and gave you credits =O
        whats wrong with that? =O

if that "hurts your feelings" that bad im taking it out lol. "sorry" for the incovinience i've cause you. lol

Aug 3, 2011 7:42 am
        Ty for your understanding.
        Theres difference between "use" and "copy", you do not give any1 credits by copy their work.
        However you can choose to use something call quote.

heres one fine example:
        "Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
            - H. G. Wells (1866-1946)
        By adding the name you simply referred to the original writer, otherwise no1 knows who actually wrote it, and i have to agree that it makes me annoyed by seeing my own word without any modification.

Atlast, it might be my mistake aswell, the build i tried and made was suppose to be a guidance for FREEDOM members as they requested. And i might missed to mention this part. Therefore i realized my misstake and removed my guides.

Goodluck.

PS: DID U WATCH THE YOUTUBE CLIP YET?!?!?!YET?!?!?! YOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAT DA FAWK!!!!

Aug 28, 2011 9:55 am
        Uhhhhmmmm.. I Wonder About My Items.. Since Ultimate Moonlord or Hybrid Sword Master.. What will be the items will be good???.. Bear or Intellect??

Aug 31, 2011 11:14 pm
        can i ask u if its possible if i make the Parrying Stance +30% Duration or 20% and i add an Crescent Cleave damage increase to improve the Heraldry of your hybrid guide or its a bad idea??

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 1, 2011 7:50 am
          can i ask u if its possible if i make the Parrying Stance +30% Duration or 20% and i add an Crescent Cleave damage increase to improve the Heraldry of your hybrid guide or its a bad idea??

Nov 2, 2011 11:00 am
          what stats can use an hybrid swordmaster?

int,str, phy attck, mattk?

int,crit, mattk, phy attk?

or what?

Nov 11, 2011 10:02 pm
          EI what shoutd be (BEAR) OR (INTELLECT)????????

Quick Reply:The Ultimate Moonlord Hybrid Guide

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »