Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Dragon Nest DN [CN] 100% English Patch v1.85 [2011]

DN [CN] 100% English Patch v1.85 [2011]

Feb 8, 2011 8:17 am
DN [CN] 100% English Patch v1.85 UPDATED: 15-AUGUST-2011

1. UPDATING/PATCHING DRAGON NEST RETAIL VERSION:

--> Before update/patch the game: REMOVE ENGLISH PATCH FILES.
--> This is necessary to prevent the english files to be rewritten/merged with the official updated files.
--> Remove your OLD English Patch files, Do Not Overwrite or Replace with new ones.
--> Its recommended to use UI Size 4, it works well with this translation.
--> ERRORS may happen and you maybe cant play the game if you dont follow above notes.

2. ENGLISH TRANSLATION INSTALLATION:
Just extract the .PAK files from the ZIP file you've downloaded to your Dragon Nest main folder where other original .PAK files are, DONE!

3. PATCH DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Dragon_Nest_CN_v1.85_beta1_2011-08-15

4. 2011-08-15 CHANGES:
* Basic Support For Client v.85

* Optional Chat Filter File.
PS: If you dont want to use chat filter disabler, simply delete or dont use the file called Resource00-ChatFilter.pak from english patch.

5. CREDITS:

* apqoo
* Vine
* Chryses
* Pratici
* Anyone else that contributed with files,tools,tutoriais etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Account Creation Mini Tutorial

1 - Goto this website link:

http://adsr.dn.sdo.com/guide/reg/index.htm

2 - you will see something like the picture below, then click in the marked "RED" link button:

3 - Now you gonna be in the same window as in the picture below, click in the marked "RED" link button:

4 - imput your data as show in the next picture and you are done clicking in the YELLOW button:

5 - Successfully Registered!

[ The post was edited by CleoMaster at Aug 15, 2011 9:10 am ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Feb 8, 2011 8:31 am
We yet have 1.52 100% Chryses do it

But if you need help in Theloosers guild  other people (Elo, TS)  work on translation for continuing the translation for all the player that stay in China after DN NA/EU  (some of us)

After work i PM them.

Thanks for your work
This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 08:58:45 AM by   pratici.

Signature

TaliaEX LVL 24: TheLoosers guild Dragon Nest SEA.

Talia LVL 50 : TheLoosers guild Dragon Nest CN.

MAJESTY AND SAINT PVE BUILT: TALIA & Z3T SUPPORT FOR DN SEA/NA

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 8, 2011 9:44 am
    Enjoy

Feb 8, 2011 1:13 pm
    holy moly, this was just poted this morning o_o? I picked a good time to start playing DragonNest xD

[[EDIT]]

Now if I may be so bold as to ask.....how do I install this? the first link to the assembla website is kinda a maze, a short guide would be wonderful :)

That little tutorial image tells me how to put the files in the folder....how do I actually apply this patch to DN
    This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 01:39:18 PM by   Orikalin.

Feb 8, 2011 2:50 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Orikalin
    That little tutorial image tells me how to put the files in the folder....how do I actually apply this patch to DN

just put the files in the main game folder and run DN

Signature

My Dragon Nest YouTube Channel

[ Eise ][ 40 Force User ][ Lewe ][ 40 Paladin ]

[ 西南电信一区 Server 3 ]

Feb 8, 2011 3:26 pm
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sething
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Orikalin

just put the files in the main game folder and run DN

this is too simple for me ._.

also reinstallaing right now because after I put this patch in my DN folder, the game gave me some error after the patcher, but before the login (while that little thing is hopping along on the white screen. But I think this might just be interference from the old english patch. We will see

Feb 8, 2011 3:38 pm
    Okay.. can you tell me what is the difference between my v52 and this v1.52 so I can remove the link that I had on the other topic.
    This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 03:38:31 PM by   Chryses.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 8, 2011 4:31 pm
      there is a bug with this english patch where if you win a pvp match you will get an error and dn will close after....the only difference i could tell so far were that all the quests and npcs were translated to english....very nice for some one who hasnt hit 40 yet
      This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 04:31:09 PM by   Sething.

Signature

[ 西南电信一区 Server 3 ]

Feb 8, 2011 4:54 pm
      probably messed up the one i commented on lines 121013, 121014, 121015. If its not machine translated then good job ;-). I'll take down the link to the topic i started.

Signature

Feb 8, 2011 5:03 pm
      thank you both for your hard work!!! us english speaking players rely heavily on these to play the game! i cant thank everyone who has worked on these projects enough
      thanks!!!!

Signature

[ 西南电信一区 Server 3 ]

Feb 8, 2011 5:14 pm
      Also as I didn't mention before, Thank you very much for this!
      I appriciate the hard work and effort put into this patch

Feb 8, 2011 6:18 pm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Chryses
      Okay.. can you tell me what is the difference between my v52 and this v1.52 so I can remove the link that I had on the other topic.
      This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 03:38:31 PM by   Chryses.

What i have done:

1 - i extracted ALL the xmls from official chinese 1.52 client.
      2 - i translated ALL of then FULLY (all npcs, quests, ui)
      3 - i get your latest files (Chryses) from this forum and extracted all of then, then i compared ALL your files with mine and merge what you have already done.
      4 - then i did some manual translations and fixes and gather all togeter.
      5 - i organized everything and re-opened the project :)

PS: when i checked your files i saw that most of quests and npc talk arent complete or even translated.

PS2: i noticed too that MANY of the files in your packs were in wrong places (wrong folders).

SO resuming: this is your work+mine+fixes and fully tested, only missing the manual arrangement of the sentences because all the quests and some npcs i translated using machine translation method.

I hope i answered your doubts :).

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 8, 2011 6:33 pm
        Quote:
        there is a bug with this english patch where if you win a pvp match you will get an error and dn will close after....the only difference i could tell so far were that all the quests and npcs were translated to english....very nice for some one who hasnt hit 40 yet
        This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 04:31:09 PM by   Sething.

PvP or DUEL? could you tell me please so i can fix it?

thanks for error reports.

Feb 8, 2011 6:46 pm
        That's why I didn't translate the whole paragraph/sentence in the NPC/Quest files cause of the heavy wrong grammar the machine translation has and the placement of the words are just not cool, Only bothered translating the important ones, like where you have to go, quest names and such, not the dialogues because that should be the easiest one (or the hardest) and was its the last thing in my todo list.

I had a theory that when translated correctly (manual translation, not machine) the previous bugs/issues/errors that was there before will be gone.

And if you used the CDATA for Text Extraction Method instead of Unicode, you'll mess up some NPC functions and might not work as it should in-game. I hope its in Unicode if it comes to that.

You might wanna go and contact Elodie and Talia for English Translations, they are doing it as well.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by CleoMaster
        Quote:

PvP or DUEL? could you tell me please so i can fix it?

thanks for error reports.

Read this:

Quote:
        probably messed up the one i commented on lines 121013, 121014, 121015

This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 06:50:46 PM by   Chryses.

Signature

Feb 8, 2011 6:54 pm
        yes pvp.....and chryses is probably pointing you in the right direction

Signature

[ 西南电信一区 Server 3 ]

Feb 8, 2011 7:02 pm
        cause those lines shouldn't be translated unless you know how to fix it.

< message mid="121013">< ![CDATA[关闭("%d"秒前)]]>< /message> // Don't Touch, unless you know how to fix the error.
        < message mid="121014">< ![CDATA[等待重新生成]]>< /message> // Don't Touch, unless you know how to fix the error.
        < message mid="121015">< ![CDATA[%d秒后开始.]]>< /message> // Don't Touch, unless you know how to fix the error.

This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 07:03:50 PM by   Chryses.

Signature

Feb 8, 2011 8:06 pm
        Quote:
        cause those lines shouldn't be translated unless you know how to fix it.

< message mid="121013">< ![CDATA[关闭("%d"秒前)]]>< /message> // Don't Touch, unless you know how to fix the error.
        < message mid="121014">< ![CDATA[等待重新生成]]>< /message> // Don't Touch, unless you know how to fix the error.
        < message mid="121015">< ![CDATA[%d秒后开始.]]>< /message> // Don't Touch, unless you know how to fix the error.

Correct, thanks for pointing me, i fixed then, will update the first post now with new links.

< message mid="121013">< ![CDATA[Wait("%d" seconds)]]>< /message> // Kamui Fix.
        < message mid="121014">< ![CDATA[Waiting for respawn.]]>< /message> // Kamui Fix.
        < message mid="121015">< ![CDATA[%d seconds to start.]]>< /message> // Kamui Fix.

This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 08:17:32 PM by   CleoMaster.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 8, 2011 8:17 pm
          It crashes everytime I win in pvp. hope you can do something about this, GOODLUCK!

btw: nice work bout the patches. kudos for you guys!

Feb 8, 2011 8:20 pm

FIRST POST UPDATED:

New Patch Download Links:

Dragon_Nest_CN_v1.52_2011-02-09

CHANGES: Fixed PvP Client Crashing Messages.

Thanks to:

Sething - for reporting the bug.
          Chryses - for pointing me the way to the problem so fast.

Enjoy :)
          This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 08:22:44 PM by   CleoMaster.

Feb 8, 2011 8:33 pm
          That's why I didn't translate the whole paragraph/sentence in the NPC/Quest files cause of the heavy wrong grammar the machine translation has and the placement of the words are just not cool, Only bothered translating the important ones, like where you have to go, quest names and such, not the dialogues because that should be the easiest one (or the hardest) and was its the last thing in my todo list.

Agree, but i did because its better "bad english" than chinese, i do understand bad english but i do not understand chinese :)

I had a theory that when translated correctly (manual translation, not machine) the previous bugs/issues/errors that was there before will be gone.

For sure, but its very time consuming task.

And if you used the CDATA for Text Extraction Method instead of Unicode, you'll mess up some NPC functions and might not work as it should in-game. I hope its in Unicode if it comes to that.

Yes i used unicode method.

You might wanna go and contact Elodie and Talia for English Translations, they are doing it as well.

If you can ask then and make us 3 join for some chat would be nice, ofc if you can join us would be good too.

Btw, Good night guys, 3AM here in Brazil - Cya later.
          This post has been modified on Feb 08 , 2011 08:35:13 PM by   CleoMaster.

Quick Reply:DN [CN] 100% English Patch v1.85 [2011]

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »