Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Dragon Nest Best PVP class at lv 40

Best PVP class at lv 40

Jan 12, 2011 7:25 pm
Hey guys I was wondering your opinion on what is the best class at lv 40 for PVP. and your reasons why

If you'd like post your top 3 :) Thanks

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jan 12, 2011 8:13 pm
in no order:

force user - lots of disabling skills in combination with lots of dps skills...but most importantly they can move well..good in group or solo

bowmaster - very fast damage, able to move well, excellent range, 1 disable but its quick CD....can be two types of dmg  (magic and physical) good in solo great in group pvp

paladin - high hp, killer defense, block and invis skills....decent movement...good in group or solo pvp

Signature

My Dragon Nest YouTube Channel

[ Eise ][ 40 Force User ][ Lewe ][ 40 Paladin ]

[ 西南电信一区 Server 3 ]

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 12, 2011 10:48 pm
    Priest. <3

Signature

(cDN) TheLoosers International Guild
    Chryses - Saint
    Chrono - Abyss Walker
    Magnus - Adept
    Chiron - Seleana

Jan 13, 2011 7:30 am
    knightttttt

Jan 13, 2011 7:41 am
    merncary with typhoon ulti

Jan 13, 2011 9:22 am
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by taywei
    knightttttt

Knight? lol

Jan 13, 2011 9:27 am
    knight?!? lol acrobat seems pretty good since their skills are very fast

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 13, 2011 7:20 pm
      actually base on ur eq also..u can be expecting a full manti set pala and a normal pala..

so i can say RMB player is de best class

Jan 13, 2011 7:28 pm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by nicholaii
      actually base on ur eq also..u can be expecting a full manti set pala and a normal pala..

my BM can be scary also.. 55% dark with +10 dark bow... can hit 1.5k per crit guided arrow.. make it 20-25k dmg per guided..

Jan 13, 2011 7:31 pm
      Quote:
      Quote:

my BM can be scary also.. 55% dark with +10 dark bow... can hit 1.5k per crit guided arrow.. make it 20-25k dmg per guided..

thats ghey op skill :l ido need to run for 45seconds b4 i dare to face u >:D

Jan 14, 2011 1:51 pm
      ok so far:

-Bowmaster : II
      -force User : I
      -Mercenary: I
      -Priest:I

Jan 14, 2011 5:22 pm
      Although there IS a best class...

i like you to note that the pvp tier in dragon nest works mostly like ROCK PAPER SCISSOR and does NOT come in a list

every class has a class that they have disadvantage against...however with EQUIPS and SKILLS this can be overcome making some ppl think that certain classes are in the top tier

therefore, to me personally... the class with the LEAST DISADVANTAGES disregarding equips and skills (the time it needs to practice the character) deserves to be listed as the top tier

The reason advantages is not taken into account is because as long as you have a fair shot at winning as u're opponent, it is still ok, you still can win, and the tier list means the class that can win against the most classes.

*these weaknesses is for 1vs1...group pvp is all about class teamwork advantages instead*
      Mercenary (weakness: Force, Priest)
      SM (weakness: Force, Priest)
      BM (weakness:Priest, Merc)
      Acro (weakness: Paladin, Priest, Force)
      Elemental Lord (weakness: Major fail against most classes =-=)
      Force User (weakness: BM, Priest)
      Paladin (weakness: Force, BM)
      Priest (weakness: nearly none, pally comes close to being their weakness due to easiness of infinite combo execution, however the difference is not big enough to be considered a weakness XD)

There you have it, a few months of analysis after T3, Priest is on the top of my tier list due to its variability in most situation. They are essential in group pvp as well, making them one of the best class in terms of both pvp and pve.   

PS: you may disagree with some of these weaknesses, even so, taking one or two of the weakness away from that still makes priest one of the best pvp class. thus answering the question of the first post.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm
        Here is my personal 1vs1 tier list as a result of my previous post

1) Priest
        2) Force User
        3) Pally = BM (because one of their weaknesses is a top tier class)

4) SM = Merc (because both their weaknesses is the top tier classes)
        5) Acro
        6) Ele lord

Jan 14, 2011 7:03 pm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Zerg

i like you to note that the pvp tier in dragon nest works mostly like ROCK PAPER SCISSOR and does NOT come in a list

every class has a class that they have disadvantage against...however with EQUIPS and SKILLS this can be overcome making some ppl think that certain classes are in the top tier

therefore, to me personally... the class with the LEAST DISADVANTAGES disregarding equips and skills (the time it needs to practice the character) deserves to be listed as the top tier

The reason advantages is not taken into account is because as long as you have a fair shot at winning as u're opponent, it is still ok, you still can win, and the tier list means the class that can win against the most classes.

*these weaknesses is for 1vs1...group pvp is all about class teamwork advantages instead*
        Priest (weakness: nearly none, pally comes close to being their weakness due to easiness of infinite combo execution, however the difference is not big enough to be considered a weakness XD)

There you have it, a few months of analysis after T3, Priest is on the top of my tier list due to its variability in most situation. They are essential in group pvp as well, making them one of the best class in terms of both pvp and pve.   

PS: you may disagree with some of these weaknesses, even so, taking one or two of the weakness away from that still makes priest one of the best pvp class. thus answering the question of the first post.

Mercenary (weakness: Force, Priest)paladin
        SM (weakness: Force, Priest)mercenary
        warrior dun scare fu time freeze & el freeze anymore cos they can defuff negative status

BM (weakness:Priest, Merc)mercenary
        Acro (weakness: Paladin, Priest, Force)mercenary,swordmaster,paladin
        Elemental Lord (weakness: Major fail against most classes =-=)warrior & archer class
        Force User (weakness: BM, Priest)warrior class & archer class
        Paladin (weakness: Force, BM)elementlord,forceuser & bowmaster
        paladin scare get frozen and no more block & bm can easy kill paladin cos cleric class crtical resist is low
        Priest (weakness: nearly none, pally comes close to being their weakness due to easiness of infinite combo execution, however the difference is not big enough to be considered a weakness XD)easy to kill among all class actually just they keep hiding & ppl proctect them

mercenary-paladin-roceuser-elementlord-swordmaster-bowsmaster-acrobat-priest

mercenary typhoon ulti easy control the map plus with shield and warrior buff
        acrobat-def too low & hp mostly need come near and kick and die & usually archer class is most hard to contol ones
        priest-supporting not mainly pvp
        This post has been modified on Jan 14 , 2011 07:08:52 PM by   Ng Mei Ting.

Jan 14, 2011 9:09 pm
        It's really up to you to determine which hero you feel most comfortable playing as. It's really base on tactic and combo (your skill). I play acrobat (hard to land combo but if you master it, you can own any class 1v1 with ease without them landing a single hit on you) and Swordsmaster (require being patient and using tactic, combo are also hard).

however if your not the type to use skill but a click of the mouse in pvp, I guess go with mercenary or paladin, their easy to play but really fun nonetheless.

just look at the topic Advanced Dragon Nest Class Guide by yuto.
        This post has been modified on Jan 14 , 2011 09:17:06 PM by   Saeng Shenji.

Signature

RAN RAN RU!!! I'M LOVING IT!
        Jan 14, 2011 11:00 pm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ng Mei Ting
        Quote:

warrior dun scare fu time freeze & el freeze anymore cos they can defuff negative status

Elemental Lord (weakness: Major fail against most classes =-=)warrior & archer class
        paladin scare get frozen and no more block & bm can easy kill paladin cos cleric class crtical resist is low
        Priest (weakness: nearly none, pally comes close to being their weakness due to easiness of infinite combo execution, however the difference is not big enough to be considered a weakness XD)easy to kill among all class actually just they keep hiding & ppl proctect them

acrobat-def too low & hp mostly need come near and kick and die & usually archer class is most hard to contol ones
        This post has been modified on Jan 14 , 2011 07:08:52 PM by   Ng Mei Ting.

Merc (weakness: paladin / priest): ah almost forgot pally as one of their weakness lol i guess i will take out force as their weakness since i just realize it is a pretty even match amongst them

SM (weakness: Force / Priest): I see no reason why they are weak against merc, seems pretty even match to me. Yes they are not afraid of time stop as much now. note that time stop cooldown still beats relieve cooldown but that is not the point. Force beats SM oveerall due to slow area and the flow of FU skills...plus the time stop helps too. a sm can only win with ALOT of pratice and good equips. thus disadvantage emerges.

BM (weakness: Priest / Merc)

Acro: (weakness: Paladin, Priest, Force) sm will have a pretty even match against acro unless you prove otherwise, since acro can combo just like sm, thus no weakness there. on the other hand comboing a acro is extremely difficult with numerous escapes and counters. the reason pally beat them is the blocks not their infinite combo XD. block negates damage rendering acro attempt to combo really risky. does merc have block? sure they have iron skin for that short amount of time, but wait, the acro ultimate still hits you with damage while you are in iron skin. therefore acro skill can still hit and damage a merc. therefore no game breaker there just a slight difficulty but not enough to call it a weakness.

Elemental lord (major fail)

Force User (weakness: BM / Priest): seriously slow area+timsestop+blink shockwave+shockwave+close range gravityball+poison will rape warriors and acro in the kulo making it a EVEN MATCH between who gets whos hp down first, pretty self explanatory there that there is no weakness in warrior+acro classes.

Paladin (weakness: Force / BM) lmao pally weak against the weakest class atm? sign...i understand the frozen part, but its still a even match unless you forgot freeze got nerfed. if they max freezes they wont have firepower to kill pally. if they have firepower, the freezes are not that big of a threat to pally. Furthermore, i dun see a reason why a pally would even use block against mages in the first place, they have enough hp to survive ele with just ironskin and reflect dmg on to go head to heal with ele to see who dies first. a few armor break/shin + one smite will finish off a ele no problem.

Priest (weakness none) they are not easy to kill amongst all classes... more like pretty much EVEN MATCH between all classes. I was too lazy to explain it but here goes nothing

warrior classes:
        go near priest = holyburst/detonation/block/lightning/totems(relic of hold = dead)/ dash attack etc
        run away from priest = heal/buff/totem
        note:warrior can only survive a few holy burst/detonation, they have to run when they take the massive dmg

acro weak against block

BM
        far shooting = hide behind a totem
        far far range = heal/buff/totem
        guided shot = totem takes it
        mid range = block to go near range
        near range = block wears off = holy burst/detonation/lightning bm will take massive dmg and run back to far shooting
        cooldown and repeat until bm dead

Mages
        2 detonation or holy burst = dead
        mages will come to priest due to heals/buff/totem
        mages comes, they get caught in detonation/burst, its inevitable

Priest vs priest = even match

Pally: pally is special because they have huge light defense+hp+2 blocks+ironskin+invincible ultimate
        thus they can survive at close range of the priest. because they can do so infinite combo is possible making them a threat to a priest. but not so much to call it a weakness...

Jan 14, 2011 11:36 pm
        Quote:
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ng Mei Ting
        Quote:

Merc (weakness: paladin / priest): ah almost forgot pally as one of their weakness lol i guess i will take out force as their weakness since i just realize it is a pretty even match amongst them

SM (weakness: Force / Priest): I see no reason why they are weak against merc, seems pretty even match to me. Yes they are not afraid of time stop as much now. note that time stop cooldown still beats relieve cooldown but that is not the point. Force beats SM oveerall due to slow area and the flow of FU skills...plus the time stop helps too. a sm can only win with ALOT of pratice and good equips. thus disadvantage emerges.

BM (weakness: Priest / Merc)

Acro: (weakness: Paladin, Priest, Force) sm will have a pretty even match against acro unless you prove otherwise, since acro can combo just like sm, thus no weakness there. on the other hand comboing a acro is extremely difficult with numerous escapes and counters. the reason pally beat them is the blocks not their infinite combo XD. block negates damage rendering acro attempt to combo really risky. does merc have block? sure they have iron skin for that short amount of time, but wait, the acro ultimate still hits you with damage while you are in iron skin. therefore acro skill can still hit and damage a merc. therefore no game breaker there just a slight difficulty but not enough to call it a weakness.

Elemental lord (major fail)

Force User (weakness: BM / Priest): seriously slow area+timsestop+blink shockwave+shockwave+close range gravityball+poison will rape warriors and acro in the kulo making it a EVEN MATCH between who gets whos hp down first, pretty self explanatory there that there is no weakness in warrior+acro classes.

Paladin (weakness: Force / BM) lmao pally weak against the weakest class atm? sign...i understand the frozen part, but its still a even match unless you forgot freeze got nerfed. if they max freezes they wont have firepower to kill pally. if they have firepower, the freezes are not that big of a threat to pally. Furthermore, i dun see a reason why a pally would even use block against mages in the first place, they have enough hp to survive ele with just ironskin and reflect dmg on to go head to heal with ele to see who dies first. a few armor break/shin + one smite will finish off a ele no problem.

Priest (weakness none) they are not easy to kill amongst all classes... more like pretty much EVEN MATCH between all classes. I was too lazy to explain it but here goes nothing

warrior classes:
        go near priest = holyburst/detonation/block/lightning/totems(relic of hold = dead)/ dash attack etc
        run away from priest = heal/buff/totem
        note:warrior can only survive a few holy burst/detonation, they have to run when they take the massive dmg

acro weak against block

BM
        far shooting = hide behind a totem
        far far range = heal/buff/totem
        guided shot = totem takes it
        mid range = block to go near range
        near range = block wears off = holy burst/detonation/lightning bm will take massive dmg and run back to far shooting
        cooldown and repeat until bm dead

Mages
        2 detonation or holy burst = dead
        mages will come to priest due to heals/buff/totem
        mages comes, they get caught in detonation/burst, its inevitable

Priest vs priest = even match

Pally: pally is special because they have huge light defense+hp+2 blocks+ironskin+invincible ultimate
        thus they can survive at close range of the priest. because they can do so infinite combo is possible making them a threat to a priest. but not so much to call it a weakness...

warrior have remove negative buff including freezeing ,time stop
        swordmaster afraid merncary cos of stomp
        elementlord freeze can cancel paladin block shield
        swordmaster dun scare of forceuser cos they are fast & can remove time stop
        paladin def everything good exccept crtical is bad if u have paladin u will know so ,range class good to againist it & elementlrd ice can cancel away paladin time block buff

by % of wining
        sm<merc
        sm=bm
        sm>acrobat
        sm<pally
        sm>priest
        sm>el
        sm>fu
        merc=bm
        merc>acrobat
        merc<pally
        merc>priest
        merc>el
        merc>fu
        bm>acrobat
        bm>pally
        bm>priest
        bm>el
        bm>fu
        acrobat=pally
        acrobat>priest
        acrobat>el
        acrobat=fu
        pala=priest
        pala<el
        pala>fu
        priest<el
        priest<fu
        el=fu

conclusion: priest is good class but bad class in pvp, priest are very good in bossing that highly demand.

in cn server the champion of pvp is swordmaster

this the list of rank in cn server pvp check it out
        http://act.dn.sdo.com/top/home/?TypeId=2

sm=剑圣
        mer=战神
        bm=箭神
        acrobat=游侠
        pally=贤者
        priest=祭司
        el=元素师
        fu=魔导师
        This post has been modified on Jan 14 , 2011 11:48:23 PM by   Ng Mei Ting.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 15, 2011 9:58 am
          warrior have remove negative buff including freezeing ,time stop / swordmaster dun scare of forceuser cos they are fast & can remove time stop
          remove slow area all you like then and i know you will move very fast in slow area/poison etc because a force will always have a obstacle protecting them

swordmaster afraid merncary cos of stomp
          and sm has other stuff mercs dun have such as eclipse / parry etc

elementlord freeze can cancel paladin block shield
          they cant counter iron skin/reflect XD pally who use block against mages is asking for skill cancelation on themselves, at least in close range. block in mid range is fine as long as it is to block long distange mage atks. the bottom line is shin breake/armor break is all u need to avoid mage attacks and block is not the pally main weapon against them...

paladin def everything good exccept crtical is bad if u have paladin u will know so ,range class good to againist it & elementlrd ice can cancel away paladin time block buff
          just so you know i have a lvl 40 pally XD  i dun disagree on the range class. however the ice thing u got totally wrong... its only good enough to make ele vs. pally a EVEN MATCH, no disadvantage

EDIT: anyways i understand why SM is top pvp in CN, its obvious the cn favor the sm class, thus more ppl are sm than other classes. whereas in JP its opposite. note that what i am saying is the weakness of classes, not who is the "best in pvp INCLUDING their godly equips/skill (the time CN ppl spend praticing their character)

As i stated in the first post, weaknesses can be overcomed through equips/skills. hence exactly what happened in the cn version. people spend more time playing their sm making them richer and practiced more on them.

thus to reply to the first post, there is no tier list when u take equips/skills into account whereas that can vary. all we can do is look at the potential weaknnesses of each class, the class that can face head to head with the most classes is the top tier, thus, priest in my opinion...
          This post has been modified on Jan 15 , 2011 10:08:03 AM by   Zerg.

Jan 15, 2011 8:48 pm
          nope cn favourite class is pally not sm just that sm can be good in pvp if u know how to control run and hit

do you know why sm can be very good at pvp?
          they pump phy dmg+crtical & they weapon is +13 so cna you imagine the phy attack can be 5k+ & crtical 10k+ over that 1 normal hit can possible hit 5k+ & the sm phy ulti is the most painfull that easy kill a player escpailly last 2-3 hit cna hit up to 25k+

priest still also favourite class too but is pve not pvp
          & the best equip won alot
          This post has been modified on Jan 15 , 2011 08:54:09 PM by   Ng Mei Ting.

Jan 15, 2011 11:25 pm
          [FLASH=400,400]http://www.tudou.com/v/NBZGqmzjfRo/&rpid=19410000/v.swf[/FLASH]

This is from Danie who is the best acrobat in CN server.
          This post has been modified on Jan 15 , 2011 11:28:17 PM by   trunks1741.

Quick Reply:Best PVP class at lv 40

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »