Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Off Topics Dark Knight Rises 2012 [Possible Spoilers]

Dark Knight Rises 2012 [Possible Spoilers]

Jul 11, 2012 8:35 pm

It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.. -- (C) Warner Bros.

As some of you may know, the Batman movie, Dark Knight Rises is going to be released in theaters on July 20th, 2012. It is the final sequel to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I am just wondering if there are any other fans of the series on this website who are looking forward to the movie. If you are, share your thoughts, and if you don't like or want to watch it, then tell us why.

I am personally excited for the movie and I plan to watch it in theaters soon after it's release. I am a fan of Christopher Nolan's movies, and I hope this one is as good as it's predecessors.

[ The post was edited by Aquaman47 at Aug 5, 2012 8:19 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

Please read and follow our forum rules before posting.
Before creating a new topic, use the search function to check if it's already been made.

Check out the new app for MMOsite!

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jul 11, 2012 11:03 pm
Dark Knight.. Online game?? Hmmm.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 12, 2012 8:11 pm
    The batman films always had memorable stars such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jim Carrey. Well they had more, but I remember these two the most as they made great films when I was growing up.

I wonder though is the Dark Knight Rises a good film to watch in theaters?

Signature

Trying to rank up!
    Jul 19, 2012 8:19 pm
    I just watched it, it's so awesome. Highly recommended!

Jul 23, 2012 9:44 pm
    It's great though I find it draggy at first. Nevertheless, I fell in love with Anne Hathaway here <3

Signature

Jul 24, 2012 8:00 pm
    Hmm i dunno the last time I watched Dark knight was pretty good. I might go watch it when I have time later xD

Signature

Jul 24, 2012 8:36 pm
    I think I'm still going to wait another week until I head over to the theaters to watch this. I don't like it when it's too busy and I have to arrive 2hr early just to get a good seat xD

Signature

Before creating a new topic, use the search function to check if it's already been made.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 24, 2012 9:31 pm
      do what i did and watch it on a saturday morning at 9 AM. it was fairly empty when i did that.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
      http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910
      Jul 25, 2012 8:49 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by Zanpakutou at Jul 24, 2012 9:31 pm
      do what i did and watch it on a saturday morning at 9 AM. it was fairly empty when i did that.     

What cinema is this? Haha. Every theater than I know of doesn't open until at least 11am.

Signature

Jul 26, 2012 4:33 am
      the Edwards Cinemas on 1 E Main Street in Alhambra, California

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
      Jul 29, 2012 9:24 pm
      Ok I just watched the Dark knight rises recently and I was surprise to find out a couple of things. Although Bane was a pretty cool character, his voice was interesting in the point that it did not suit his style. (kinda hard to explain) But overall, it was a long 2.45 hour movie so you better be prepared with popcorn/snacks and a drink.

Signature

Trying to rank up!
      Jul 30, 2012 7:47 am
      Reply 10#  Ammunition

But overall, did you like the movie?

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 30, 2012 7:52 am
        Just in case, after what happened in Colorado, I am going to wait for the movie to be released on home video...

Signature

Jul 30, 2012 11:16 am
        Reply 11#  Aquaman47

It was good at the action parts, I really like the fight scenes between both characters. I liked the movie and it is a good value to watch it, but I kinda felt bored at some parts.

Signature

Trying to rank up!
        Jul 30, 2012 4:42 pm
        Well, The Joker is not around u know... No magic tricks with a pencil.... sad...

Signature

Aug 4, 2012 9:26 am
        I just watched this yesterday and I thought it was really great. If you enjoyed the previous two, then you'll definitely love this one. 9/10 from me.

Signature

Aug 4, 2012 11:21 am
        Just wondering... The new villian really beats the Joker in awesomeness... or the Joker stills the best villian ever made?

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 4, 2012 2:16 pm
          Reply 16#  Pelagato

I think that the Joker was better, but Bane was still a good villain!

Signature

Aug 4, 2012 2:27 pm
          what... wait... i thought the villian was going to be Two Faces...

Signature

Aug 4, 2012 3:21 pm
          Two Face was one of the villains in The Dark Knight and was part of Joker's plan to try to break Batman. The two villains in The Dark Knight Rises are Bane and Talia al Ghul (Ras al Ghul's daughter). If you knew Batman, you would know that Ras al Ghul never had a son and it was always a daughter.

Each film had a "theme" and escalated Batman's war against the criminal underworld. Batman Begins was "fear". Bruce Wayne had to conquer his and instill it onto his enemies. This carried onto The Dark Knight. Unfortunately, this leads to escalation on both sides with Batman supporters dressing up like him and becoming vigilantes while the Joker takes over the criminal underworld. Joker plays on the fear of his enemies and tries to create "chaos" for the city, but Batman and Harvey Dent have created "hope", which is what ultimately defeats the Joker. I'm not sure what the theme of The Dark Knight Rises is, but people say it is "pain". However, I think it is the theme of "reliance" as each person ends up on relying on something else. Bruce was relying on his promise with Rachel, which causes him to become isolated. Bane relies on Talia, the League of Shadows, and the criminals of Gotham to run the city. The police end up relying on the aid of criminals to continue to survive while others rely on Batman to save Gotham once more. Batman learns to rely on Catwoman to help him and he no longer has to do everything alone and at the end, even Batman can continue to rely on someone else.

I bet in the next few years we will have another Batman reboot before the Justice League movie.

Signature

Quick Reply:Dark Knight Rises 2012 [Possible Spoilers]

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »