Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Off Topics Anime translation FAILS

Anime translation FAILS

Aug 26, 2010 12:03 am

XD Those are quite funny, any more?
This post has been modified on Aug 26 , 2010 12:05:15 AM by   majojo.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Aug 26, 2010 12:16 am
Lol, seen it berore, I got one here, hope you like it

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 26, 2010 12:26 am
    Old stuff, thanks for sharing

Aug 26, 2010 12:52 am
    FAIL MAX LOL.

Signature

Aug 26, 2010 1:07 am
    LOL some ppl translate subs for fun. Like one for Soul Eater they kept callign the sun a child molester.

Signature

Aug 26, 2010 1:31 am
    Kinda old, but will still tickle anyone's funny bone![SMILE=s2]

Signature

Aug 26, 2010 1:40 am
    Ok, how about telling me names of animes mentioned in the picture??

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 26, 2010 1:50 am
      the only anime that i have seen are gi joe , ergo proxy and elfen lied . all other animes are unknown to me.

Signature

Aug 26, 2010 2:35 am
      Lol! Epic failures! Where did you get those stuff?

Signature

Aug 26, 2010 3:41 am
      omg! This is so freaking wrong... Wondering what the heck was on the head of the translators in some of them, not even I can get them so wrong...

Signature

Aug 26, 2010 4:20 am
      Lmao loled at the ''Find the intruder, capture him if he's alive. If not, kill him.''
      But probably meant if couldn't capture the intruder, kill him.
      Either way, most of those might sound weird, but when u actually watch the anime it might be different  :P
      Example that Renji one, I kinda remember that part but I didn't find it that weird during that time o.o

Aug 26, 2010 6:03 am
      most of the time, its taken out of context which is why it doesn't make sense.

the pew pew pew one is due to the sound effects of lasers firing. its pretty much considered universal but sometimes played for laughs with notes.

here are the ones i recognize
      1) the girl in the pool of blood
      i think this is excel saga where incidents like this involving mass blood sometimes is played for laughs.

2) guy with fish
      only the speed subbers gg got it wrong. then again the others didn't make it any better. they were stranded on a deserted island with no food. you could also translate it as satisfy or something but the point is they were hungry.

3) strangled homo
      among the main characters there is someone very effeminate named Nuriko who was a cross dresser (story explains why but thats not significant) and part of the emperor's harem.  on multiple occasions they joke that he is a homo in the sub, but the dub refers to him as a cross dresser.

2nd post
      4) fate/stay night
      people should die if they are killed end of discussion. unfortunately, people have been using the holy grail (plot item) to prevent their own deaths or bring others back to life and cheating death. most people tend to ignore this just so that line can be played for laughs but numerous people cheat death over and over not to mention the stable time loop.

5) slayers
      i believe in this scene they were talking about xellos. he's literally a demon god incarnate and one of the strongest in the series. they could also be taking about xelgadis who is a chimera (golem, mage, demon hybrid). both are extremely tough and survived head on attacks by demon gods.

6) bleach and renji
      renji refuses to die period. he always gets to cheat death despite being close to it so many times. ichigo whooped his ass but byakuya saved him. ichigo kicked his ass in a rematch. he then got his ass kicked by byakuya. then aizen kicked his ass. then he nearly lost to some arrancar. then he nearly died again to one of the top arrancar (espada). after that he got his butt whooped by yami (another espada). yeah considering all those factors, its a miracle he's still alive.

7) kenshin (sagara sanosuke)
      sanosuke is one tough guy. he took numerous beatings throughout the series. it took kenshin several blows to take him down the first time even when a normal attack would down most people. he survived dozens of hits from an attack that would shatter your bones in a single hit. in his last battle, he fought some guy who uses some awkward form designed to hit weak spots in the body to cripple the opponent, but he just took the blows and punched the other guy in the face at the end. he only lost like twice in the whole series. once to the main character, and once to makoto shishio (big bad of kyoto arc).

8) scryed (balls guy)
      the guy uses an ability called Eternity Eight which is literally 8 balls he uses to manipulate for different purposes. the guy on the ground captured or destroyed them all and he was unable to resummon all of them so his 8 balls "disappeared".

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
      http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 26, 2010 9:27 am
        haha thats is rly funny! made me lol

Aug 26, 2010 7:15 pm
        Haha, these are so wrong by just looking at that single scene. I watched part of the anime involved, but really, didn't feel any unconsistency when I was watching them.

Signature

Aug 26, 2010 9:29 pm
        May be old but I havnt seen it before, :P , so shot for sharing and very funny indeed.

Signature

Check out my Blog!

MSN: connor@mindseye.co.za
        Aug 27, 2010 5:05 pm
        so old :d i have seen them for xxxxx times :D but they are still awsome :D
        even if the translation "fails" it still gets quite funny ;p

Signature

Aug 27, 2010 5:45 pm
        LOL @ I'll now proceed to pleasure myself with a fish XD.

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 28, 2010 12:48 pm
          how can u love her?

Aug 29, 2010 2:25 am
          LOL! Those images are new to me, and very funny!

Signature

"What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible." -- Cao Cao

Aug 29, 2010 4:20 am
          haha, nice explanation done by Zanpakutou, or else i wouldnt be able to understand what the anime actually means XP

Signature

Quick Reply:Anime translation FAILS

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »