Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Off Topics Can we lose weight by gaming?

Can we lose weight by gaming?

Jan 7, 2010 7:09 pm
Edit
1. YES
2. NO
Details
LOL I know it's a bit ridiculous, but we are using fingers and brain when gaming.
I gain 10 pound recently...
So sad, and girls said I am not as handsome as before.

This post has been modified on Mar 22 , 2010 12:23:47 AM by   187ben.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jan 7, 2010 9:55 pm
A little, I think.
Cos'z you're so into gaming, forget to eat...

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 7, 2010 10:01 pm
    Nope, I don't think you can unless your playing the Wii or a game that requires real life moving. Mostly if you lose weight while gaming, its just cutting the fat really fast since your not eating right and its not healthy for your body. And the things people consume while gaming isn't really healthy, and sitting doesn't burn calories. You got to move!

Signature

League of Legends ign: furyfighth
    Jan 8, 2010 12:28 am
    It depends on your game.
    If you play mmo and stay with your pc all day, it's impossible to lose weight.
    you can play Wii, a good way to be fit

Jan 8, 2010 1:41 am
    Stupid, cos'z you're sitting in front of the pc without moving...

Jan 8, 2010 8:12 am
    Get yourself a DDR mat and stepmania (freeware)!

Jan 8, 2010 12:27 pm
    well i voted for yes. but it will depend on the gamer.. there are gamer that when they in front of their pc they bring a lot of food with em so they can eat while playing.. while other player they don't like eating, or because of laziness they don't even want to move a little to get some food for them.. many of players are like that.. they don't want to eat and they stayed in the front of the pc for over 10-12 hours or more than that/ ^^

Signature

Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.

IGN: ayakee
    lvl: 90
    Wpn: axe (earthquaker)
    Server: Hera
    Town: Sambara
    Guild: ^^
    Mentor: aurora76

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 8, 2010 12:28 pm
      well technically, you can't gain weight by gaming, its purely based on your diet & motabolism rate.

Ofcourse, physical activity would affect this, and WII FIT/BOARD is probably the best form of "virtual gaming physics"

Signature

MMOsiteTV Manager,Forum Mod,Blog Club Writer,Site Tester & Spam Nuker

Jan 8, 2010 10:53 pm
      Don't eat too much when you're gaming

Jan 9, 2010 3:52 am
      i know just a way to lose weight by gameing.. nintendo wii.. i lost 2 kilos playing it in 3 weeks.. really healthy..

Signature

Jan 9, 2010 9:20 am
      Some games can make you loose wait.

Jan 9, 2010 10:27 am
      I think is a yes! coz it keeps you occupied and forget about hunger sometime. But someone might just feeds on tibits to keeps full which is an unhealthy loosing weight way.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 11, 2010 7:00 pm
        Err, strech your body in the intervals...

Jan 11, 2010 11:14 pm
        Wii fit, DDR, or too addicted to the game forgot to make food.

Jan 13, 2010 1:07 am
        Wii could be helpful. but PC, XBox360 all get weight.
        This post has been modified on Jan 13 , 2010 01:08:19 AM by   Jancinta.

Jan 14, 2010 11:53 am
        There's always DDR.

Jan 14, 2010 10:05 pm
        No, you don't lose weight. You also gain weight from all the food u eatt.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 15, 2010 12:19 am
          i am quite agree with u !
          when i was at college ,one of my roomates playing game all the time ,
          wow gold !and she was getting more and more thin~
          This post has been modified on Jan 15 , 2010 01:11:41 AM by   lele0124.

Feb 8, 2010 11:53 pm
          A friend of mine lost a LOT of weight and body fat when he first started playing WoW. He used to be very overweight, but he just got so addicted to WoW that he pretty much stopped eating. He ended up losing all the weight, and then once he stopped playing WoW and realized how thin he got, he decided to change his diet and take care of himself. Today, he's thin and got some tone to him, and has the potential to be a powerhouse if he decided to work out.

Apart from that, EA Active could get you into shape if you work at it.

Signature

"What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will surely be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy's doubts is invincible." -- Cao Cao

Feb 10, 2010 12:44 am
          yes! Playing games is a kind of exercise!

Quick Reply:Can we lose weight by gaming?

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »