Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Blade and Soul Blade & Soul: NCSoft's Display of Great Effort

Blade & Soul: NCSoft's Display of Great Effort

Mar 22, 2016 5:42 am

Luckily, after the slight failure of Wildstar, NCSoft has come to its senses and we can now see the Korean developer and publisher focusing on making it up for the delay.
Since Blade & Soul's western launch we have seen a good deal of updates implemented, and the MMORPG can be considered highly active. In just a few months, it has managed to build up a firm player base who seem to be loyal to the game.

The arrival of the Warlock class already hinted that NCSoft is going to focus most of its efforts on catching up with the Korean version content-wise, hence satisfying the western players. At first, I had my doubts whether Blade & Soul would be able to handle the early 2016 competition with titles like Black Desert and Asta arriving in the west, but thanks to the fact that players already found ways to play on Asian servers beforehand, Blade & Soul had an already significant player base by the time it had launched in the NA and EU regions.

If NCSoft manages to keep up this community-pleasing attitude, I am well convinced that Blade & Soul will remain a highly popular game for years to come. There is still a good deal of classes that are yet to be released and I am pretty sure there will also be plenty of level cap-raising expansions in the future. From my personal experience, EU players seem to be loving the game as a whole and I am sure the NA community also feels the same way. The only thing that needs to be taken care of right now are the script using cheaters in PvP and the bots, but that is an issue that most MMORPGs generally suffer from.

How do you guys like the game so far? Feel free to tell us about your experiences below.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 26, 2016 4:04 pm
I can see Gold Sellers a plenty. I might have come past a few other jerks using mean methods and tricks that isn't welcome. So far, so good.

I already mentioned this in previous discussion. They will most likely lead BnS status to equal Korean one, so that they'll get more Players and Content people will be happy to play through. I am however, still worried about how they'll deal with the bastard Gold Sellers, Cheaters and etc of the regular pathetic wortheless lifeforms that ruins a Industry and experience for everybody else. I'll never forgive them and it's problematic. Other then that, i see few issues i can declare really. It's going well? That's all i got to say now. We'll see further down the road and what'll happen as time passes by.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 27, 2016 2:53 am
    Mee... still censored. I will give it a second try when they add the remaining content ( since there's still a notable difference between this version and korean one)

Mar 27, 2016 7:25 am
    All this effort to catch up to the Korean patch so that players can be on equal footing in pvp arenas.. Good, but too bad they didn't put the effort into improving their arena servers, nearly 4 months after launch now, arenas still laggy as shit. You can argue services like WTFast and ping zapper would solve the issue but who the F**K in the right mind would pay a monthly fee because NCSoft have F**Ked up servers.

Mar 27, 2016 8:26 am
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/33/20160322/Blade_Soul_NCSofts_Display_of_Great_Effort-56f13db790686d313-1.html#p56f7ed6e40e439]4#[/url] [i]2.*.*.84[/i][/b] [br] [br]Get better internet or pc ! I have no problem with the game... I live in east EU and the EU servers are in... Germany ?
    Besides, you didn't said where you're from and what type of connection/pc you have.
    P.S... don't you think that it would be impossible for any company to cater for every low connection out there ?!

Mar 27, 2016 2:09 pm
    Reply 4#  2.*.*.84

I don't have any lag problems in arena so it must be a select few of you. Ijs.

Mar 27, 2016 4:23 pm
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/33/20160322/Blade_Soul_NCSofts_Display_of_Great_Effort-56f13db790686d313-1.html#p56f84c0fe165b4]6#[/url] [i]Crazed1984[/i][/b] [br] [br]I know only a selected population have this lag / routing issue. But that selected population is not a small portion. I started blade and soul with 7 friends (8 including me), a few of them were hyped for the game for a number of years, others joined the band wagon because of the competitive arena environment (we came from CS:GO / WoW and were all high rating competitive players. all GE in CS:GO + 2.3k+ arena ratings). When we all hit 45 and noticed the lag we stayed for a month to see if the situation improves but in the end 5 of my friends and I quit the game and only 2 are still playing because they enjoy the pve or something.

Please keep in mind that all these players are not from the same country, they're spread across Europe and all 8 of us had ping issues resulting in 6/8 players leaving. I'm pretty sure other players have had similar experiences..

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 27, 2016 10:05 pm
      heh effort...played for 1,5 month.....had fun etc...then at some point(20 Jan) came a patch that destroyed it all....after some time pc just freezes and shuts down(acting like it was overheating even if  soft for monitoring my pc tells me  its perfectly cool), Ofc support had lame replys to me ( ye try reseting tc/ip updating drives( that were upgraded already) mess in register etc). After 3 weeks of battle wit the game...ive said that enough and told support i dont need theyre help because im leaving the game and they can eat the rest of my 6 month premium acc and go on to next ticket ;] at that point one good soul told me the truth...."we know about this bug but we dont have any plans to fix it anytime soon or any solution to bypass it. Thanks for sticking with us for so long", Heh to be funny....i can play games with nasa rig req for hours and my pc wont crash/overheat (hah even other regions of BnS like cn tw and jp and it wont crash) but eu will crash my pc and thats true like sun raising everyday (not mentioning freezes fps drops etc). So well i dont see that effort on EU servers thats why if my friends will ask about this game ill tell them to join me on some asian server not eu untill they fix theyre game instead of adding so much stuff(every new patch roll backs old bugs or introduces new ones) so fast or new items to cash shop

Mar 28, 2016 5:14 am
      The game is too old, get over it people.

Apr 10, 2016 9:18 pm
      Reply 2#  Xaenxakaros

Really interested gammes, however I'm more likely playing local card games like Domino QQ and Poker,,

Games like this, so big for file and require good VGA to play.. Some may enjoy it, but me with mininum spec fo computer only can enjoy flash player games..

Apr 14, 2016 9:21 pm
      Reply 2# Xaenxakaros

Really interested gammes, however I'm more likely playing local card games like Domino QQ and Poker,,

Games like this, so big for file and require good VGA to play.. Some may enjoy it, but me with mininum spec fo computer only can enjoy flash player games..

Quick Reply:Blade & Soul: NCSoft's Display of Great Effort

Smiles
      refresh
      Go Advanced »