Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Blade and Soul B&S: Are Updates Getting Implemented too Fast?

B&S: Are Updates Getting Implemented too Fast?

Mar 18, 2016 12:03 am

Blade & Soul obviously had a greatly delayed arrival to the western regions but does this mean that we want to receive the updates at a much faster rate?
Plenty of players have managed to play Blade & Soul in the past on Asian servers, but I am well convinced that there are also many who decided to wait for the official western release. We have already received the Warlock class update with just a few months after the actual release, and now, the level cap increasing Silverfrost Mountains Expansion has also been announced.

It currently feels slightly like NCSoft is trying to make up for the delay by pumping out all the updates from Korea at an extremely fast rate. I don't know about you guys, but I personally like to explore a content fully and I can imagine that players are struggling to max out anything if by the time they are half way, another update makes the previous one quite useless.

My opinion here, will probably be opposed by those who have played on Korean and Chinese servers because they have already seen most of the things that are currently available on the NA and EU servers, but as I mentioned earlier, there are many players for whom this is totally new stuff.

Currently, for me, a level cap increase after just a few months into the game, seems slightly early, but perhaps it might be a vital step due to the amount of balance fixes that the expansion will hopefully bring. Are you guys satisfied with the rate of updates in Blade & Soul, or is it perhaps slightly too fast to handle?

[ The post was edited by DanielCsaki at Mar 20, 2016 1:06 pm ]

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 20, 2016 1:36 pm
Doesn't matter if there's Updates, unless you've already maxed out your Character by that point. The Updates serves mostly to experience some more different and further adventure, unless there's added a whole new change to the game core itself.

As of current standing point. This is actually good, cause NCSofts mistake was to have Wildstar released to begin with, and that didn't end well, did it? Later on. Because of insane demand of BnS and the raging about how much people was expecting BnS then Wildstar, was pretty crazy. Eventually, NCSoft had to do it even if they didn't want to or not. The Game is STILL very popular and demanding onto one's computer and that's how it should be.

I think in general. It's good to see it progressing so well and quick, despite maybe a few bugs and problems, but i haven't seen much problems, maybe minor ones, yeah. Other then that, i am having a blast.

Now all we need is the new Class and the rumored "Martial Gunner" so to speak, and the remaining content until they're at the same stage as of their other BnS versions. My two main MMORPGs now is BnS and FFXIVARR, so i can finally fill in time gaps.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 20, 2016 1:54 pm
    Not to mention that reaching the max level is not that hard and it doesn't take that much time (not counting Hongmoon levels)..

And, imo, BnS only starts to get good at around max level, when you have 99% of your skills and you can mess around with the skill points building your character the way you want to..

I think the updates should just keep on coming with 2~3 months between them.. That would be good enough for me..

Mar 20, 2016 4:10 pm
    they want e sports that's why????

Mar 20, 2016 7:09 pm
    to answer the question as a whole, no its not too fast at all imo. updates every 3 months is very slow to me unless we are talking a very huge update. i think thats what the main issue with another game, Destiny was, although there were many other problems at launch but a big issue was that you win the game within a week and after that there is nothing to do. MMOs or any form of online only game in general imo should strive for an update every 1-3 months however big or small. and lvl 50 cap is only 5 levels increased from current max, not a huge leap, so i disagree that it is "early"

Mar 21, 2016 6:12 am
    Advantage of quick updates:

NA/EU can catch up so the whole "esports" thing can take off.

Stops the top aspiring "professional" gamers from being burnt out which is already starting happening in the NA scene.

Disadvantage of quick updates:

Blade and soul KR doesn't really produce content very fast compared to other games. EU and NA players would get use to this high rate of content release, complete the content (which doesn't take long either) and expect / crave more content but ending up having to wait for KR release and localisation.

IMO they should slow it down a bit so the players will have steady bursts of content for the years to come keeping them occupied, however they have an esport scene to catch up to. but hey, that's what you get for releasing a game 4 years late.

Quick Reply:B&S: Are Updates Getting Implemented too Fast?

Smiles
    refresh
    Go Advanced »