Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Blade and Soul FREEDOM Blade and Soul: Introduction

FREEDOM Blade and Soul: Introduction

Jun 8, 2013 2:32 am
FREEDOM Blade and Soul: Introduction

Freedom will be forming an ingame guild in the upcoming Blade and Soul (BnS) China (CN) OBT.

The exact date of release has not been annonced yet but according to NCSoft,  the OBT will start in next quarter (ref1)

As opposed to the pay to play (p2p) mode in Korea, BnS CN will be a free to play (f2p) game , with cash shop, as announced by Tencent(ref2).

This is extremely attractive for Freedom since the barrier to join the game disappear instantly. Therefore, it is much more likely to have a sustainable english speaking community to be formed in BnS CN.

This will be the 3rd Freedom guild to be formed officially in a foreign non-english MMORPG, aside from Dragon Nest CN and Dungeon Striker KR. I hope that english speaking players and fans of Blade and Soul can come together in one server.

This guild forum is meant for game related discussion and more importantly,  sharing of guide, skill build, game mechanics and latest update information.

The banner for the forum was designed by a fellow Freedom member, ★Sun★ . Many thanks!

Last but not least, i would like to thanks all Freedom members, players who frequent Freedom forum and MMOSITE for their continuous support of Freedom.

Hope to see you guys soon in BnS CN!

Reference:
1. http://game.gk99.com/bns/article/20130327/51159.html
2. http://news.17173.com/content/2013-05-03/20130503133652153.shtml

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Jun 27, 2013 3:32 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 8, 2013 10:37 am
Nice freedom guild in B&S, can't wait for this wait. Wanna play blademaster so bad
Btw when is the OB?

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 8, 2013 11:13 pm
    Now I will have to decide, stay in KR, move to CN or somehow manage both?
    . _.
    I have a feeling I will end up playing CN more, but will miss KR.
    It's a good thing that FREEDOM will be in Blade & Soul though, I suspect that BnS may take over the lead roll from Dragon Nest (Possibly ..)

Signature

Mod Thread

Server: 南方电信一区
    Guild: <TheLoosers>
    Characters: DusklordEX (Smasher), DesperadoF (Majesty), KiroEX (Crusader)
    Level: Infinite

Click here to make your own signature
    Jun 9, 2013 2:44 am
    Reply 1#  iPokey

haha, no official date announced yet... but f i were tencent, i would release the obt in july / aug (ie. next quarter) so that it coincides with summer holiday in china.

coincidentally, that's when cDN will be releasing lv70 cap too..

BnS 2.0 is currently being tested in KR... alot of new features and skill changes have been implemented.

Not sure if it is intended, DN also uses the term "2.0" for the next week's update =.=

Signature

Jun 9, 2013 2:46 am
    Reply 2#  LightsEndX

nice didn't know you were playing haha.

did you manage to get into the BnS 2.0 test server?

seems like a very big update.

Signature

Jun 9, 2013 2:48 am
    Reply 4#  chaose5

I am currently waiting for money to go through into paypal from my bank, I bought too many 30Hour time cards (Can only have 1 in one month).
    Not certain if i'm 'In' the Test server, but I know everyone can download the client (as long as you have an account), I think the only requirement is that you are paying for the original server aswell.

Signature

Mod Thread

Jun 9, 2013 2:55 am
    Reply 5#  LightsEndX

i like the new skill customization option in bns 2.0

EACH skills has like 2 to 3 paths for variation, each one having their own pros and cons.

For example, a simple fire palm skill has so many variations!

in dn terms, it is like there are 2 - 3 EX  to every single skills

It is indeed an awesome system ..

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 9, 2013 3:01 am
      Reply 6#  chaose5

Many people are enjoying the new system, but there is also a lot of hate, as it has fairly broken the game.
      Hopefully these skill changes will receive a nerf, as you can litterally be invincible ...

(Wut?)
      It is a lovely system though, and I wish them luck in perfecting it.
      This is the kind of thing that will keep players busy for a long time, especially since players can ALWAYS reset their skills (For a few ingame money) if they aren't happy with the build they make.

The amount of maps they have added is a large amount aswell, I would suspect that there would be a lot of storyline to fill in those maps, as usually a lot of storyline fills only 1 ...

Signature

Mod Thread

Jun 9, 2013 3:04 am
      Reply 7#  LightsEndX

yes, i believe they will tune those skills before putting them into the real server..

that's what the test server is for (unlike china test server =.=)

seems like that shell from blademaster = 10sec invul to himself, 5sec to other party members =.=  imba shit.

Signature

Jun 9, 2013 3:08 am
      Reply 8#  chaose5

I fear that this update will spend too long in testing though, once they make the nerfs, they will keep it in the test server for more testing (Team Bloodlust = Perfectionists).
      And they have yet to reveal their full plans in this update, which means that they haven't even added everything into the test yet.

It's a good thing that they do all this testing though, less bugs when the International versions update their clients, usually they don't bother looking for bugs and they don't really care until they get complaints. =. =

*Cough* :Maplestory, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, TERA ...*Cough*

Signature

Mod Thread

Jun 9, 2013 6:18 am
      well...........i never played BnS before but i wanan apply for freedom in the cn version hope to see you guys ingame ^^

Jun 9, 2013 6:27 am
      Can't wait for BnS. Keep hearing BnS information from Chaos, tempted me to play.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN:
      Yaze - Lvl60 Saint
      LollyStar - Lvl60 Gear Master

Age of Wulin:
      严乐风 - Royal Guard

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 9, 2013 6:31 am
        Reply 1#  iPokey

Pokey, long time no see, seldom see you on DN.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN:
        Yaze - Lvl60 Saint

Age of Wulin:
        严乐风 - Royal Guard

Jun 9, 2013 10:00 am
        Reply 12#  iYaze

Hi yaze, yeah long time no see. I didnt have much time to play games in the last 9 months, because i have to work. But next week i will be done with everything and can play games again. See you in DN and B&S soon.

Jun 9, 2013 4:58 pm
        I'm going to play with you guys.

if i'm allowed . ofc.

:)

Signature

KDN - Server
        Usagi - Artillery - Lv 80
        스타Shooter - Gear Master - Lv 80
        Obscuria - Majesty - LV 80

Waiting for Dark Avenger
        :)

Jun 9, 2013 6:45 pm

Hey LightsEndX, do you know what are the Bo phae plates or gears needed to attempt the Mushin Tower?
        I am still levelling so just preparing myself for this highlight solo nest. CN just got the patch on Sunday.

Imma playing CBT Blade and soul.   The game kinda lags for myself who is staying in Singapore, I believe it's due to CBT reasons. Anyway there is a software that we can download for free to boost the Internet connection, after using that program my ping dropped from 200+ to 89. This official software works better than WTFast but it's only free for 5 days, after which its around USD $2.00 for a month subscription. From what I see thus far the game is very much designed for an international appeal with English words on loading screens and such, therefore I guess when the server opens for OBT we shouldnt have any problems with the ping.

Awesome game! I will post some more vids once I have more time! :)

Signature

Jun 10, 2013 1:27 am
        Reply 15#  Aspenach

No, Sorry, I don't know much about the stats required for Mushin Tower.
        Or though, I am almost certain that if you have a - near - end game bo pae set (Purple Grade / High lvl)
        And at least the lvl 45 PVP weapon (Easy to obtain when you do the Daily pvp quests), and you have a Critical Gem and a Life restore gem (Purple grade) in your weapon, you should be fine. (All items are fairly easy to obtain, just make sure you have high crit so you can get HP back fast from your HP restore gem, which relies on critical hits to restore HP).

Signature

Mod Thread

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 10, 2013 2:05 am
          Reply 16#  LightsEndX

Yah I have been beefing up my crits to deal higher damage. I am actually pretty impressed at the ai's ability to attack me. I wore a wrong costume and end up running for my life within the village. All the townsguard challenge me to a dual and I got my ass handed to me. I like games like this, when the ai beats me because its fighting skills is superior rather than having a slow moving boss with a hit that deals like a million damage.

Thanks for the info and I seriously can't wait for the game to reach OBT soon!

Signature

Jun 10, 2013 5:21 am
          Reply 13#  iPokey

Ok, waiting for your return. Cya soon.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN:
          Yaze - Lvl60 Saint

Age of Wulin:
          严乐风 - Royal Guard

Jun 10, 2013 10:28 pm
          Hah. Totally applying to join Freedom in B&S

Got tired of B&S after the release of Spiral Labyrinth and just how... well... easy it was to beat :/ Haven't really been keeping up with the new updates for B&S so totally pumped to see what the 2.0 ends up like

Er. As for Mushin Tower... It's really skill based. You can, technically, if you're really good, beat it with nothing but blue bopae and weapons from the 4 Great Dungeons (the ones you need to enter Pohwaran), but at the same time, if you're not living near the servers, the lag makes it really difficult to do so. I've done it, alot of my old guild(??) has done it. Summoner has a bit of an easier time if you're lagging. KFM and Blademaster are easy, if you can get down the timing for block/counter down - really latency based. KM is arguably the most difficult, simply because all the bosses don't like letting you remain at a distance, and since KM lacks defensive skills it becomes really difficult to beat with lag.

Excluding skill and familiarity with the dungeons, you're going to want to have at least all Pohwaran-level equipment. The best of the best, each enhanced for crit chance, along with a blue hexagonal gem for heal-on-crit. Having BSH (Bloody Shark Harbor) equipment is even better, but not necessarily required. I've had BSH armor and failed as summoner on the 7th level quite a few times due to infamiliarity. Later, it became quite apparent that I didn't even need the BSH armors.

Signature

Korean DN Addictee
          Lvl50 Gladiator, Saint, Elestra, Crusader, Gearmaster, Inquisitor

Quick Reply:FREEDOM Blade and Soul: Introduction

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »