Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Blade and Soul(Freedom) Damage Calculation Mechanics: Skill Board Damage Calculation

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Nov 8, 2013 10:55 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To BnS Freedom Guild Board

||Level 50 Weapon Guide, Accessory Guide||

Latest Update

Black Dragon Prison, Forgotten Tomb

Notes:
● Join guild - Add buddy/PM Xylina, Valtoss, Kypris, Uncha, Aurys, chaose5, Arthuria, Valtoss, Anzu, Cptanna, Lativerna
● Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Damage Calculation Mechanics: Skill Board Damage Calculation

Dec 14, 2013 1:34 am
Damage Calculation Mechanics: Skill Board Damage Calculation

This is the 1st part of my research on damage calculation mechanics in Blade and Soul, which involves the calculation of the skill board damage as shown in the skill description.

Take note that I use the word "Board Damage" to refer to the numbers in the skill description. It is NOT referring to the damage which u see when you attack a target since that would involve other parameters  such as critical, defence, pierce, etc.

For this article, I would start with the most basic of the damage calculation, by first showing how the game calculate the skill board damage. Subsequent articles would go deeper into other damage calculation which lead to the numbers u see when u hit something.

Skill Board Damage

In every damage dealing skill, you would see the minimum and maximum board damage. These numbers grows with your level and gear.

How does the game calculate these numbers??

These numbers only depends on 3 parameters:

Average Board Dmg = Base Atk * Skill Amp % + Add Dmg

Min Board Damage = 0.9 * Average Board Dmg

Max Board Damage = 1.1 * Average Board Dmg

* the multiplier for min and max dmg here, actually varies when you have equipped your weapon
* 0.9 and 1.1 are the default multiplier when you have not equipped any weapon
* the effect of weapon on the min and max dmg range will be investigated later.

Base Atk: This is the big number you see in your stats window. It is granted by your weapon mainly + accessory

Add Dmg: This is also shown in your stats window. Typically granted by accessories.

Skill Amp%: This is a hidden parameter for every dmg skill; it varies from skill to skill. It amplifies your base attack stats. It is a constant, when you related it to the AVERAGE board damage.

How to determine Skill Amp%?

To determine the hidden skill amp% for a particular skill, first remove anything which gives you "add dmg" stats (accessories).

After that, check your current attacks stats and the min/max board damage for that skill. Find the average board damage (by averaging min and max dmg).

Finally, remove your weapon, check your current attack stats and min/max board damage for that skill. Find the average board damage again.

Now that you have the data, all you need to do is to find the gradient of the average board dmg versus base atk line.

You can do so with curve fitting (forced the line through origin) or simply find the gradient through some simply calculation.

Example: Tempest of Destroyer

Skill Amp% = (1382 - 252 ) / ( 329 - 60 ) = 4.2

The skill has a skill amp of 420%.

Alternatively, with curve-fitting method:

* i have added in a 3rd point to show that the line is indeed linear throughout the whole atk range.

* the gradient of the fitted curve = 4.20 which is 420%

Strictly speaking, you could have done the whole calculation with non-zero add dmg. However, just make sure that the add dmg in both cases are THE SAME. If it is non-zero, then you have to force the curve fit line through that value (instead of 0)

I have quantified all the skill amp % for destroyer skills:

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/316/20131110/Destroyer_Skills_Description_Updated_OBT_version-528063c27d060f413-1.html

Base Attack versus Add Damage

What's the big deal with Base Atk such that the accessories or diamond with base attack is much more expensive than similar items with add dmg.?

After you have understood the concept of board dmg calculation, the answer is quite clear.

Just use Tempest as a example, with 420%skill amp.

+ 25 base attack inc give a 4.2 * 25 = 105 board dmg inc!

+ 25 add dmg give, well 25 board dmg inc :(

So for skills, with skill amp > 100%, + base attack would be more powerful.

On the other hand, if the skill amp is < 100%, + add dmg would be better.

However, most DPS skills have very high skill amp %, some even exceed 1000%+ (Rank 1 Smash of destroyer for example).

Therefore, base attack indeed would give a much higher return as compared to add dmg in most cases.

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Feb 9, 2014 8:41 pm ]

Return to the list

Totally +300 Points 

1 Summerthinker +300 Points 2014-01-15 21:34:00 Good Threads  

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Dec 14, 2013 4:50 am
oooo! thx for the info! will get the numbers for FM skills, to satisfy my own curiosity and for better skill pt allocation :D and if have time to present can share

looking forward to the next article

Signature

Moonlight Blade 大地飞鹰 (凤凰集)
毫火球: 太白
冰廊魅: 真武

Dragon Nest CN 华中一 (雷霆之怒/剑气侠虹) (Freedom)
Brushy: 80 Saleana
顽拒坦克车: 70 Tempest
冰廊魅: 60 Elestra

Blade and Soul CN 网通一(咆哮寺院)(Freedom, 浑天教 Red Faction)
毫火球: 45 Force Master
冰廊魅: 45 Force Master

Follow my gaming blog! ^^

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 17, 2013 11:20 pm
    I need to read it carefully. My poor English...

Signature

Dec 27, 2013 5:54 pm
    thank you for this

Jan 6, 2014 4:34 am
    when can we play this at EU ? gezzz so much waiting , soon this game will be "old"

Jan 6, 2014 10:06 am
    Nice thanks for the hard work

Jan 6, 2014 1:48 pm
    very nice. btw, i just settled on this server but im still a lowly level 10. maybe ill hit you guys up when i get the chance....and you're up.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 7, 2014 2:32 am
      waiting for you expertise for calculation of piercing vs critical damage.

Quick Reply:Damage Calculation Mechanics: Skill Board Damage Calculation

Smiles
      refresh
      Go Advanced »