Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Blade and Soul(Freedom) Chaos Destroyer Build for PVE (Updated Level 45 cap)

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Nov 8, 2013 10:55 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To BnS Freedom Guild Board

||Level 50 Weapon Guide, Accessory Guide||

Latest Update

Black Dragon Prison, Forgotten Tomb

Notes:
● Join guild - Add buddy/PM Xylina, Valtoss, Kypris, Uncha, Aurys, chaose5, Arthuria, Valtoss, Anzu, Cptanna, Lativerna
● Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Chaos Destroyer Build for PVE (Updated Level 45 cap)

Nov 23, 2013 7:45 pm
Chaos Destroyer Build for PVE

Blade and Soul skill mastery system is a very interesting one. A class, such as destroyer can be built into different forms to focus on different aspects, such as disable, tank, buff/debuff or DPS.

My build focuses on disabling, for PVE purpose, specificially for party play in dungeons.

Skill description for destroyer

Disable Effect - Introduction

Most small fries in game can be disabled directly with effect such as Knockdown, Knockback, Stun or Weaken status.

After disabling with either one of the status, you can choke it if the target is small, or lift it if the target is a big sized one.

Bosses or certain mini bosses can only be disabled if you or your party member use 2 disable effect of similar nature consecutively. Destroyer is well-suited for disabling because he doesn't have to rely on other party members' coordination to disable the boss.

Destroyer has 2 sets of major disabling effect by default (without investing any SP):

Stun: Quake + Clash

Knockdown: Crushing Kick + Sever

Skill mastery can increase or remove these effects, see the list of disabling skills for destroyer below:

List of Disabling Effect for Destroyer

Stun
• Quake (Rank 1 path)
• Clash (Rank 1 & 2 path)
• Impregnable Shield (Rank 4 path)

Knockdown
• Crushing Kick (Rank 1 path)
• Sever (Rank 1 path)
• Thrown Down (all paths, can only be used after choking or lifting target)
• Spinning Throw (can only be used after choking target, but the target will be thrown very far away =.=)

Weaken/Groggy
• Knee Kick ( all paths, can only be used after dealing crit dmg)
• Universal Pull (Rank 3 & 4 path)• Heatbutt (short duration; not written in skill desc, but the effect is indeed there)
• Throw Down (Rank 2 path, can only be used after choking or lifting something, but it only affects  the enemy around the AOE, not the thrown target =.=)• Tempest Escape (Rank 3 path, can only be used when you are knockdown, weaken, stun or paralyze)

Knockback
• Tempest Escape (Rank 2 path, can only be used when you are knockdown, weaken, stun or paralyze)

Paralyze
• Spinning Throw (after level 2, can only be used after choking target)

Paralyze is a special type of effect which leaves the target unable to do anything for 30sec. However, the effect will be dispel if it is attacked.

Take note that, certain final bosses are not susceptible to any disabling effect after certain HP phase, for example Flame Emperor (unless he is about to cast triple stomp)

Skill Build

Judgment Level 4 Rank 1

This is the so-called normal attack for destroyer. It is almost a must to get it Level 4 Rank 1 to get the AOE effect + 15% MP recovery per hit. Without it, you will very likely run into MP shortage, especially if you are trying to do judgment-demolition animation cancel combo .

One of the key technique for dealing damage is to learn this judgment-demolition combo (ani-cancel for shot). How it works?

Demolition is a good DPS skill, but it consumes 20%~30% mp everytime u cast it. Judgment is a good MP regen skill, but the skill casting motion is too slow.

To be able to use Demolition continuously, you can follow up each Demolition with Judgment, and repeat.  The effective MP consumption is -20 + 15 = -5 only per Ani-cancel u cast, if you follow the skill build.

Morever, the slow casting motion of Jugdment is sped-up by the effect of Demolition. Demolition also cancel the full animation of Judgment but the dmg and effect would still apply. Judgment's critical damage effect is handed to the powerful Demolition as well. Perfect unison!

Watch the video below to see Judgmolition is real combat (vidoe is shared by BIU).

There are a few ways to execute the combo in practice. The first method is of course, use the standard key for those 2 skills: Left and Right click. LB > RB > LB > RB > repeat

I prefer the second method: i set the auxillary button for left and right click to "Q" and "E" on my keyboard respectively. So i would go Q > E > Q > E > repeat. Some even uses the combination of Q > Right click > repeat or Left-click > E > repeat. It really depends on the reflex of your fingers.
* Take note that after recent update, E is assigned by default to Fury; you will need to re-map E to other keys to use this setting. I have change my Fury back to "C" and my Fire Wheel to "G".

The third method would be using macro or external program to execute this. Due to the high frequency of keystroke (2~4 keys per second), some players have developed macro to help them out with this combo. I don't recommend this because it might result in you getting banned from game. Try at your own risk.

Fearless Strike Level 2 Rank 2

Allow you to gain HP based on 100% of your damage every hit. This skill can be used when you are choking small target, or after you use Impregnable Shield. Although Smash rank 2 path is a better way to gain HP, i have chosen the rank 1 path for Smash because its dmg is really high. So i have to fall back on Fearless Strike for HP recovery.

Demolition Level 4 Rank 2

Most players would go for Level 4 Rank 2 for the lower MP cost and immediate speed up effect, well-suited for Ani-cancel.

However, Rank 1 tree offers an interesting alternative: semi-long range and large AOE damage. Unfortunately, with Rank 1, you will lose the ability to use Ani-cancel.

Rank 3 path offers a nice HP leeching effect. However the MP consumption is higher, 30% Mp for 1st hit. You will need to cast it continuously to get the speed up effect and lower the MP cost to 20%MP.

Choke Level 3 Rank 2

The signature skill for a destroyer. I choose to invest SP into the Rank 2 path. That's the ISO 9000 standard for a party-oriented PVE destroyer. The effect of recovering 20% MP each hit, when it is hit by anyone, is highly useful for all classes.  Most classes have strong DPS skills which consume higher amount of MP. Level 3 increases the crit rate of all damage skills is hitting the choked target.

This Rank 2 choke is the answer to their MP shortage problem and let them cast their best DPS skills without any MP concern for 6sec (you can do this every 18sec). This effect also applies to yourself. If you are choking small target, you should just use Fearless Strike continously, to heal a total of 15+20 Mp per hit (15 from fearless strike, 20 from choke effect). If you are lifting big target, you are not allowed to use fearless strike. There only way to hit the lifted target is using Stomp.

A friendly note, after using choke, a lot of destroyers like to use "Heaven Flip" to throw their target up and follow by "Hell" for high damage. This is perfectly fine for solo. In party play, the preferred way to release the target is through "Throw Down" (Z key). This is because, throwing the target up in the air, would prevent others from attacking it, unless that class has an aerial skill.  Throwing the target in air prevents your party member from refreshing the bleeding effect which will expire in 10sec.

There are two scenario where you can use Heaven Flip: that's when you are trying to buy time for your party members to meditate and revive. Heaven Flip + Hell after a full choke can buy approximately 8~9sec or so. Another scenario would be, there is a kungfu master with aerial seize in the party. He can catch the aerial target and pin it down to prolong dps frame.

Tempest Level 3 Rank 2

Tempest is a versatile skill: dmg dealing, 400% def increase, abnormal status resist (except knockdown), 80% movement speed increase all strapped into one skill without any CD. How good can a skill get? I have changed the default "TAB" button to"R" button instead.

I get to level 3 down the rank 2 path, to get the additional 25% dmg reduction. Help me survive better in tough dungeons. Since we don't have side step skill or short CD block, this skill pretty much act like one. We often rely on Tempest to tank boss aoe skills.

It is worth mentioning that the rank 3 path, Flame Tempest is pretty useful for clearing mobs in dungeon. The dmg is very high, but you are not able to move while casting it. There is a CD built into Flame Tempest, but you can actually cast it continuously if you hold down the Tab button. When the skill goes into CD, you can actually still cast the normal moving Tempest, without the dmg boost from Flame Tempest effect.

Tempest Escape Level 1 Rank 1

It allows u to recover from weaken or stun status. Pretty good in lanlan to recover from the annoying weaken status which lanlan like to induce before her BBQ combo.

Clash Level 3 Rank 2

Longer charge distance, higher MP regen ( from 10 to 30) and ability to resist damage while charging. The slow effect on lv4 rank 1 is not very significant. On the other hand, the dmg resist ability in rank 2 path is more useful since it allows you to charge into boss while he is already casting some skill and break his skill without taking severe dmg.

Rank 3 path offers very good MP regen ability and higher dmg with shorter CD. However, the lost of stun ability is very bad.

Stomp Level 3 Rank 3

The rank 2 path is a more defensive path, with double HP leeching effect and 200% def increase.

Rank 1 path is for MP healing; Rank 3 path is for DPS; Rank 4 tree allows you to heal and cure abnormal status for your party members. Each path gives very good effect, just pick the one which suit your style the most.

Once you have gather enough HP to survive well in lanlan, i suggest you take the Rank 3 path for additional DPS to you and your party members. There are 2 scenario which is good for Stomp to maximize the additional damage: when you are choking the target (since it will not move) and when the target is seized by kungfu master (path 3 deal additional damage on seize / knockdown target).

Smash Level 4 Rank 1

Rank 1 path is the DPS path. It gives very high damage to enemy under certain abnormal conditions such as stun or weaken. It can also be casted twice if it deals crit dmg. For example, the highest DPS combo: Quake > Fury > Smash twice. Since Fury gives 100% crit rate, you can cast Smash twice for sure without relying on chance; and since the target is stunned, the additional dmg from Smash applies. Typically, this can be followed up with another Stun from Clash or Impregnable Shield, then followed by a few more Demolition's to fully maximize the 100% crit inc from Fury.

Rank 2 path grants both HP and MP recovery effect. It can heal 100% MP every 45sec. Together with Choke, you will almost never run out of MP, even without a MP regen weapon (unless you are solo-ing tough dungeon). Try to maximize the HP recovery by stunning or weaken the target first, or wait for another destroyer to choke/lift it, or simply use it with a double HP leech stomp (rank 2 path). For tough boss batttle, which you are not so familiar with, do learn this path instead of the DPS path.

Fury Level 3 Rank 1

Fury (rank 1 path) is a burst DPS buff for destroyer. You get up to 6sec of 100% crit rate (if you go to level 3) and up to 120% of MP regen every 1minute. However, be reminded that the dmg resist only last for the initial casting animation. In the subsequent 6sec, you will experience a -100% defence effect and will receive high dmg if you are hit. The side effect can be easily fixed with defence boost effect from tempest or stomp path 2.  

The other tree will convert this skill into Destruction Wheel. The CD is shorter and it's a damage skill instead of a buff. It is able to resist damage as well. Certain people get this skill for its damage resist effect.

Impregnable Shield Level 2 Rank 4

This is another skill with rich variations, similar to Stomp. The skill is originally designed for blocking and HP/MP healing. The HP healing naturally occurs while the MP recovery is triggered only when you block frontal attacks. I have decided to take the Rank 4 path to add the 3rd stun effect in my skill arsenal.

Take note that, destroyer by default, has only 2 stun skills: Quake and Clash, with CD of 18sec and 30sec respectively. The Choke skill CD is just 18sec. So in order to use the Choke again, after its first cast, you will have to rely on the knockdown effect from Crushing Kick and Sever. However, these 2 skills have to be use in melee range and they are much slower to cast as compared to the stun skills.

The Stun effect from impregnable shield rank 4 path solves the problem. It can be used in combination with Quake to stun any boss; Quake allows you to jump towards the boss even if you are very far away. Therefore, with Impregnable Shield Rank 4, you can disable + choke/lift anything from anywhere, every 18sec! The knockdown effect can be reserved for cancelling dangerous boss skills while waiting for the CD of Choke.

Another popular branch for Impregnable shield would be the Rank 3 path. It provides 25% damage reduction to party members (within 8m aoe) along with 30% movement speed increase. It also comes with a shorter CD, which is good for solo where u might need constant healing.

Rank 1 path enhances the HP healing effect upon blocking while Rank 2 path shorten the CD further with each Fearless Strike hit (with weaker HP healing though)

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Nov 10, 2014 9:51 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Nov 23, 2013 8:10 pm
reserved

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Nov 24, 2013 4:17 am
    wa...chaos play destroyer 0.0# charmy  force user image broken*

Signature

CDN电信华中1区 - 1服2服
    IGN:
    蓝月雪 Level 60 Saint in FREEDOM

Nov 24, 2013 8:52 am
    Reply 2#  snow_tsuki

snow come play BnS with us ^_^

Signature

Nov 24, 2013 3:15 pm
    Reply 3#  chaose5

too bad i ady plan to camp in 绿明 with my china fren and 踏雪无痕 with my msia/sg fren, 网通 wont lag? 0 0

Signature

CDN电信华中1区 - 1服2服
    IGN:
    蓝月雪 Level 60 Saint in FREEDOM

Nov 24, 2013 7:21 pm
    Reply 4#  snow_tsuki

we use 加速器 ....

Signature

Dec 9, 2013 11:43 pm
    * updated to lv45 cap build

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 18, 2013 11:31 pm
      heaven flip also have a casting animation so i dont think it give lot less benefit than throw down.
      but throw down can be upgrade so that it give weaken effect to surrounding enemies too.
      if got more skill point i'll go with throw down but at the moment i'll stick with heaven flip to end choke.

just want to ask, for party play should destroyer stick with crits bopae or go with something tankier?
      high level dungeon like that pig/wukong/twin bosses kinda hurt a lot.

Dec 19, 2013 1:56 am
      I would stick to crits bopae. 永灵 (eternal soul) with crit crafted

i have no problem doing those big 4 dungeons with my current hp (around 16K), and def.

Just use Tempest often to increase your def by 400% + occasional 200% inc from stomp.

Signature

Dec 24, 2013 6:17 am
      thanks for this guide!

Dec 25, 2013 6:33 am
      Hi chaose5, I think you are from Singapore? Do you experience lagginess? I am having difficulty doing the animation cancel even after re-binding my mouse click to keyboard.

Also, you mentioned you are using booster. Can you share which is it? I tried using one but it makes the game even more lag to me.

Dec 25, 2013 11:04 pm
      Reply 10#  limy0142

yes, i am indeed playing from singapore...

I am using xunlei booster. typically my ping is around 60ms .

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 26, 2013 3:03 pm
        Reply 11#  chaose5

Thanks for the reply. Without the booster, I am experiencing severe lag at night time. Do you highly recommend using the booster? I've heard things like they don't work so I would like to have a confirmation =)

Also, are you able to do the judgmolition with that kind of ping after using booster?

Dec 26, 2013 7:24 pm
        Reply 12#  limy0142

actually u could try the xunlei booster out for 7 days before decide if you want to purchase it..

refer to: http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/316/20131127/Registration_Accelerator_Account_Safety_etc-5295ebba479282f13-1.html

Not sure about other location, most singapore & malaysia players find xunlei booster very efficient in reducing ping.

Also, it's pretty cheap... sgd 11 for 3months...

Of course, with 60ms ping, i can easily perform judgmolition...otherwise, i won't be playing destroyer. It is the bread & butter for destroyer.

Signature

Dec 27, 2013 5:57 am
        Reply 13#  chaose5

Very appreciate your help. I am currently using the XL booster already but i still experience severe lag at night, though the program says I am at 50ms. I am very puzzled why this program works for other SG MY players. It doesn't lag that badly in the morning/afternoon but still lags a bit.

For info, I am from SG too.

Dec 27, 2013 6:12 am
        Reply 14#  limy0142

Could be related to your isp and area.

i am using starhub, in jurong west area. seems fine to me, even at peak hour at night.

you could always tried different mode in xunlei option (1,2,3) and diff node ; sometimes lowest ping to the node doesn't mean best connection, since it might takes some time to travel from the node to the server as well.

So yea, you have to do trial and error to get your best node & mode. Do utilize the trial period to check these out...

Signature

Jan 1, 2014 12:21 am
        this skill build seems to be heavily dps :O, still, on normal dailies dg and farming, i still think massive hp leeching from demolition is really good

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 12, 2014 3:37 am
          For some reason, the booster didn't really work for me. I am using the ipmana booster and I am also not sure how to determine if it really works. I guess it is hard for me to reach a stage where I can perform 'Judgmolition' almost at 100% rate. Maybe I'll just spam keyboard keys ><

Quick Reply:Chaos Destroyer Build for PVE (Updated Level 45 cap)

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »