Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Neverwinter Foundry Videos and some FAQ's

Foundry Videos and some FAQ's

Mar 11, 2013 4:26 am
Foundry Videos and some FAQ's

Foundry Videos

I've seen a lot of questions etc with regards to the Foundry so I compiled a list of videos that cover the Foundry. Each one has a nugget in them so feel free to watch.
I wrote down some things from each of the videos so here's some things to keep in mind with the Foundry

Where Foundry Quests are Found
1) The Landing Page
2) Job Boards-i.e. Taverns, market places
3) Barmainds/Harper Agents-this is more imersive and they only list the ones specific to an area and the hightest rated for that area.

The Landing Page has an author blog that is accesible on the web, its a place where they can indicate updates bugs etc. If you subscribe to an author you will get an in game message anytime there is a mission update or they launch a new mission. This is also the page where you can donate to them (in game currency) and message them about the quests they have.

The plan is to be able to link quests together to create a campaign setting i.e. go to an exterior map, travel to the farm house, go into the farmhouse and get teleportaed to another world (mmorpgitalia Craig's comment).

Authors will limited initially in the amount of content they can create. However, the more highly rated quests that an author accumulates will equal more content room space. So if you create stuff no one wants you'll be limited if you create fantastic stuff you get more space (Lorehound video).

Scripting the monster down to his AI, his moves, his skill set and everything =no (Lorehound Video). However while you can't create your own powers you can combine any ingame powers for mobs (Lindsay mmohdtv).

GM specific rewards? Answer its not fully implemented yet however the idea will be like a chinese menu where you can select the stats and name it (Andy V see below comment on video).

Audio assets? can use Cryptic Assets however you can not import your own assests.

You can preset the lvl of the Foundry character you use to test various lvls of content.
Rewards will be based on level and time length given

You can use skills like persuasion in your dialogues. Visability states in conversations i.e. doesn't show unless an objective is reached

They have stated that there will be no restricitons on the use of kits, templates etc. everyone will have access.

Maps with NPC's and interactive stuff in the beta builds shown are: Blackdagger Ruins, Ebon Downs, Protectors Enclave, The Courtyard of Never, The Graveyard Approach, The Tower District.

Tabs that show at the top right when you are in the map editor are: Special, Rooms, Details, Traps, Teleporters, NPC Contacts, NPC Groups, and Unplaced

Room Kits listed in drop down menu were Crypt, Cave, Dungeon, Sewer, Royal Crypt, Human Interior, Small Cave

NPC groups have tabs that indicate Slots, Head, Upper Body, Weapons, Lower Body, clicking the Advanced Tab will give you access to sliders for the body parts on the Upper Body alone I saw 19 sliders and not all of them were shown the rest were below a scroll bar

Once you click publish, your project goes through a short review from volunteers in the community before going "live".

Some things in the videos that I noted like screen tips that were interesting:
"If you would like to change where something is on the screen, like your powertray or mini map, ou can open the main menu and click Rearrange HUD."

There was a screen tip that mention dyes (yeah!)

On the landing page at the bottom right corner was something listed as Weekend Event On The Ice Planet

Lindsay Haven presenter-these two show outdoor maps available

Q&A with Andy Velasquez-this one shows the advance tab and Andy drags a bunch of sliders to change the look of the NPC that he is working on. He also addresses GM specific rewards at around 24:45

Craig Zinkievich presenter-you can use skills i.e. persuasion in your dialogue trees (around the 7:00 min mark)

Lindsay Haven presenter-Lindsay indicates that authors will be initially limited in the amount of content they can create, however, if there content gets high ratings one of the rewards will be more content room made available. Lindsay also addresses question regarding scripting and monster AI (around 3 mins in)

Andy Velasquez presenter-mentions briefly visability states for conversations i.e. doesn't show unless objective is reached. Shows advanced mode for editing NPC's

Craig Zinkievich presenter-the beginning of his discussion shows a bit more of Protector's Enclave and he gives a bit of history for it, before plunging into the Foundry. I found this to be one of the better filmed of the Foundry videos. Also mentions triggers and spawning at around 15:09. This is also the video where Craig indicates that the in game blog is accessable via the web (around 19:48)

Andy Velasquez presenter-fair warning the video quality is quite bad

Lindsay Haven presenter-As Lindsay does some brief history you get to see some parts of the Protector's Enclave that you haven't seen in other videos. This is the only video where I've seen them place doors in the archways (was wondering how you did it)

Craig Zinkievich presenter-mentions the review process again also mentions that you can create quests that involve no combat at all

Check here.

Craig Zinkievich presenter-this is the GDC presentation-watch this covers a lot on UGC!!!!

Check here.

Ok the GDC presentation had a list of toolsets/features that the Foundry will have: Campaign Editor, Gameworld Integration, Multi-map Quest System, Internal Map Editor, Teleport Doors, Automatic Door Placement, External Map Editor, Cluster Object Library, Real-time Geometry Swapping, Tagging System, Level-less Content, Advanced Dialog Editor, Test & Play Through Mode, SHTML Dialoge Editing, Item Editor, Token Trigger System, Encounter Editor, Encounter Triggers, Enemy Editor, FSM Behavior Library, NPC Costume Editor ..and more

Feel free to add other videos you think are relevant
Hope this was helpful and if anyone makes the golden manticore as an objective...the consequences will be dire

Craig at the CGDC (China Game Developers Conference)

http://17173.tv.sohu.com/v/11/1/136/MTM2Njk1NQ==

Source:http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?13401

[ The post was edited by o0_Chris_0o at Mar 18, 2013 2:45 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 26, 2013 9:05 pm
amazing info!

MMOsite Special Offer

Quick Reply:Foundry Videos and some FAQ's

Smiles
    refresh