Camelot Unchained is upcoming MMORPG by Mark Jacobs, creator of Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online. Game is often labeled as "Dark Age of Camelot 2" by it's army of fans. Couple quick facts:
- It started as one of the most successful Kickstarter games ever and is still raising funds through it's site, with total budget (as I type this, August 2016) around $7.5 million, and counting.
- It is in alpha tests, with beta scheduled to start in a month or two. Not much footage is currently available due to the NDA, non disclosure agreement. That's likely due to it's current test models and animations still being placeholders from 2013 (meantime, the team was focused on creating custom engine). It should change in beta, including the NDA drop.
- What is available so far are some screenshots (see below), tech demos and some animation tests. Let's pick one race from each of three Realms that fight each other - say, the St'rm of the Arthurians:
- The game includes 100% free form building by players(link is quick intro to building). Building is very important for the economy, controlling and defending conquered territories, and some of the material in that link was taken from this player-made video:
- Players will be virtually re-shaping the world map as they fight - it's islands will be moving (!) and changing appearance / textures, depending on territory control and placing of stabilizers. The aim of each realm is to move all the land to their possession, and "glue" it together into a huge continent (initial map is on the left):
- The game will work on custom made engine, already able to handle many hundreds of players in a small area. This is crucial for good performance in large scale battles, often so much lacking in modern MMOs. It is connected to complex server-side physics, players' body, mass and fully destructible player-made buildings.
- Currently planned number of classes is huge, 33 (11 per Realm, including crafter class) with at least 21 being there at launch. Classes will not be mirrored between Realms - each Realm will have unique classes, which is intended to help with identity and pride. Also, game should launch with at least 15 races, 5 per Realm.
- Here is a couple images, mostly alpha-test screenshots:
[quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/7311370/2]Adrinalina75[/url] at Sep 23, 2016 2:32 am
I congratulate much everyone who ensures the smooth running of this forum.
[url=http://www.mon-site-voyance.com]voyance mail gratuite[/url] [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/3/20160823/Camelot_Unchained_for_Dummies_Game_Intro-57bc6558c20db5913-1.html#p57e4f6c789bbe7][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]Thanks, I guess!?
While I'm here, you can see some early (alpha tests, it's still rough etc.) footage of Camelot in this video by ItsZiz. It is a comparison between Camelot Unchained and Crowfall with some basic info about both games: