Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home New MMO Discussion Calling for open wold pvp recommendation 2014

Calling for open wold pvp recommendation 2014

Jan 8, 2014 2:35 am
Hey all!
So I've been well and truly out of the mmo rpg loop for quite some time, and have done some unsuccessful research and would really appreciate some feedback from some experienced gamers!

In a nutshell, I'm looking for a new mmo rpg to reignite my passion in 2014!

Basically I have an issue with all current mmo rpgs, and that is the open world pvp... I simply must have it! I love the idea of the oldschool boss hunts and dungeon raids, but need that open world suprise element pvp to compete in.

Games I have played which I'm looking to play similar to in 2014...

Guild wars 2 - Awesome game, but having no open world pvp killed it for me...big time. Would have been                            perfect otherwise.

WoW- Jumped on this bandwagon very late, loved it but.... I was so far behind it got boring. Just dungeon que, quest while waiting, repeat. I have a feeling that before the instant dungeon teleporter and flying mounts this game would have been amazing, just a shame I missed it! Took away a lot of       exploration and interest for me really.

Legend of Ares - Loved this one, besides having no game support or properly done instances or anything, it was a great game and experience.

2Moons - Liked this, but no really fun instances, bosses or quests ect and the pvp penalties killed it a lot for me, I like rewards for pvping.

Aion - Probably my favourite of all, but the latest patches really bought out the "pussyness" of this once dark and great game. Pvp was great (until carebear patches eg rifting died), dungeons were fantastic, quests good, just a real shame about the direction it ended up going in.

Appreciate those who took the time to read, those were just what attracted me to those games (or pushed me away) so I'm not after judgement of debate, just another great open world or realm vs realm gaming experience for 2014!

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jan 8, 2014 6:23 am
Well, you should try EVE Online... But after reading your list, I am sure that you will add EVE and write something about its harsh penalties, difficult learning curve and how slow training is.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 8, 2014 4:38 pm
    I did look into eve, from all reports it looked great just the spaceship theme wasn't for me.
    Please don't take my game feedback in a negative way, just basically after a new 2014 mmo rpg with open world pvp.

mobile forum
    posted via cellphone

Jan 9, 2014 5:55 am
    Reply 2#  120.*.*.31

lol, that is another reason why people dont play eve... omg! those spaceships.

Signature

Jan 10, 2014 10:34 pm
    "Open world" and "PvP" are like water and oil OP, you just can't get a good gameplay and quick input response like that.

Look at GW2, is not even full open world and it's atrocious because they made the movements and skills server based because for some reason they though that was going to make it better and instead the game is just impossible to play sometimes. There is like a 1 second delay when you try to dodge and that's horrible.

Unless the game is tab-targeting, which doesn't make the game suffer as much as action gameplay, then asking for good open world PvP is like asking for a miracle.

You may wanna try TERA, it has a clunky gameplay, but I cannot think of anything else.

Jan 11, 2014 8:40 am
    Reply 4#  Chocorroles

hm... That is what happens when your client is made in DX9 using 32bits in this era of 64bit stuff... I bet the server code runs on a 32bit basis...

But at least they manage to pull wonders out of the game engine modularity, from what I heard, the GW2 engine is kinda old.

Signature

Jan 11, 2014 8:58 pm
    Reply 5#  Pelagato

They started to work on the game soon after the first Guild Wars was released, so that statement could be actually true.

I think we will see smooth and fast paced combat with good command input soon, as technology improves, maybe this year if you want to be that optimists, but most developers gave up on that because you can get much better results with instanced areas. I don't think any game released up to this day managed to pull it and if someone believes there is one out there that did then direct me to it, I would like to try it myself.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jan 12, 2014 1:34 am
      Reply 6#  Chocorroles

Well, if they dont improve their server and game code... we are kinda screw right now...

Sometimes I am optimistic about it but some other times after considering their business model... I am not so much.

Signature

Feb 19, 2014 12:32 am
      Age of Wushu, real time pvp, open world, but there are less players now because of the new servers, also Archeage online which hasnt been released yet that everyoen is waiting for

Jun 6, 2014 2:29 pm
      bunch of bullshits after lineage 2 nothing beat an owpvp mmorpg

Jun 9, 2014 3:22 pm
      Darkfall unholy wars. I recommend quad core 2.5ghz+ and graphics card that can play battlefiels at 35+ fps on high settings.

mobile forum
      posted via cellphone

Jun 13, 2014 12:50 am
      Why there are always some random EVE players pop-up to recruit and then showing off their "ability to gasp learning curve/ability to adapt", "It's for me not for you" etc.? I don't know much about EVE, but if a game making its players arrogant or just attracting to arrogant people, then it is not a game you wanna try.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 23, 2014 6:14 pm

In order that it was obviously a really natural decision for all of us you prioritized the actual systems which might be company is on. Which is a primary reason precisely why I needed to be sure nobody perplexed our powers while something that you may think any Borderlands Three Fifa 14 coins pc or more to get.

Jun 24, 2014 1:16 pm
        Reply 11#  101.*.*.38

EVE Online is a game for elitist snobs...

Signature

Jul 18, 2014 2:24 am
        Eve online is a game for complete and total noobs. The game isn't hard to play, it's just boring.

Quick Reply:Calling for open wold pvp recommendation 2014

Smiles
        refresh
        Go Advanced »