The key feature of patch 8.1 is that the game is bringing expansive armoury of Britain's Royal Tank Corps, with its 22 new behemoths including the likes of the Vickers Medium Mk I tank, the Centurion Mk. I-IV, the Centurion Mk. V-XI, the Matilda medium, the FV 214 Conqueror and the Churchill.
"The Brits invented the first tank, pioneering the evolution of the whole industry, and it's an honor for us to greet them in World of Tanks," says producer Mike Zhivets.
Patch 8.1 is going to add to your hangars the vehicles of the first tank builders, here is the featured video:
Map Changes in patch 8.1:
And here is the 8.1 patch notes:
- Added base British Tech Tree: medium tanks branch with FV4202 as Tier 10 and heavy tanks with FV215 as Tier 10 tank.
- Following Premium vehicles were added to in-game store: Tier 7 Soviet TD SU-122-44, Tier 7 German MT Panther M-10, Tier 6 German MT Pz IV Schmalturm
- Following maps were reworked and optimized for new render graphics: 'Province', 'El-Halluf', 'Dragon Ridge', 'Abbey'
'Dragon Ridge' map re-introduced to random battles
- 'Prohorovka' Assault map removed
- Inscriptions on USSR tanks were reworked for better visibility and entertaining.
- Inscriptions of all nations were reworked to be readable from a distance.
- Added possibility to purchase premium rounds using credits in addition to the current gold variant (prices are based on 1 gold = 400 credits exchange rates) Read more here.
- 'Insufficient credits' status added to the module hint
- Added possibility for a platoon creator to exclude game modes for the platoon – this means that platoon will enter only game modes, which are selected in platoon creator options
- For majority of tanks systemized and readjusted speed of tank burning (minor corrections)
- Added Object 263 to the description of the 'Lion of Sinai' achievement
- Some objects on several maps were optimized for new render
- Optimized drawing speed of some small objects
- Fixed incorrect brightness of effects (too dark or too light) on some maps.
- Fixed the productivity slump for several hardware configurations