Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home New MMO Discussion Mortal Online - waste of time

Mortal Online - waste of time

Aug 30, 2010 2:59 am
im just review the game:

Im posting this only thread on this site of MMOSITE and it has links to youtube account so you can see first hand what are flaws of game:

They dont have chat in Mortal Online so they are using private chat, there are not many players only few hundreds they seem nice in begin but they are really bad and use bad language.

Game Mortal Online rewards players with 2 accounts, cause they can transfer items from character to character and cant lose nothin!
They can also Follow You in spirit mode with one account and with other account steal from you while you transfer items.

Players that play on only 1 account cant trade items  to their other characters in storage they have only 1 option to make suicide and loot bag with their other character risking losing money or material they harvest all day from other players who followed them.

I say this cause players who play on 2 accounts can steal from you with one character in spirit mode following you and you cant see him cause he is spirit, and other character alive who is hiding and waiting for you to log out so he can steal ur loor bag youre trying to transfer.

They have never succed stealing from me anything worth much only 1 mongrel horse.
Not to mention game is so buged and server restarts 10 times per day so you can lose items if server restarts in time you do suicide and try to transfer items.

They have good ideas try to make it best but they failed.

Design of characters is really bad one of worst i have see so far and i played hundred of MMORPG, and game is only first person not something i like.

Comunity of players is really bad i say this cause they are mostly players from beta and they know each other and atack any new player entering game, even if players is naked dont have crafters or skills and they play for months before and have maxed characters.

Some red players like to brag in chat they are best like 4 red players with steel weapons atacked me while i was naked  with no healing and they didnt manage to kill me i manage to run away.

Nobody invites you in guild in this game its like everyone is hating everyone, and when you want to trade with someone they try to trick you and sell you weapons and bows for 400-1000 silver, and they sell those same to their friends for 50-100 silver max.

What to say else than this game with comunity like this has no future!
Lots of cheating lots of braging for nothing.
Have i enjoyed playing this game i dont think so!

There is alot of hacking and cheating in game by some players who ran away from combat fly away with their characters in sky.

I am actually one of the hardcore players that love harsh PVP and sandbox games,
where two of my favorite sandbox games are Mount and Blade and EVE Online (played 4 years),
but there is a limit to how much trash I can take from a game while paying for it.

check my youtube review of Mortal Online!
character creation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMfYKPI0PY
armorcrafting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001MjuKb-So

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Aug 30, 2010 4:20 am
what a to the point review . i agree with every word you said . i left the game in my first month subscribing it cuz of the reasons u have told above. its very sad to see such a game going to waste.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 30, 2010 6:20 am
    80% of the language used in games are bad language, you can't only say it's Mortal Online. Lol.

The rest, I'm not sure. But, I'm sure if you try to at least enjoy it, you won't grunt too much. :S That's my point of view. Heh.

Signature

Aug 31, 2010 2:36 am
    Bad language is normal! But the other points made me feel that this game will fail!

Sep 1, 2010 1:10 am
    I still remember that game made me waiting for a long long time and postponed for several times! I just went for other new mmos

Sep 1, 2010 9:44 pm
    It is not MMO anymore if they don't have chat..  One of the purpose of online gaming is to build a strong community... That's the foundation of each mmo game..

Sep 3, 2010 2:08 am
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Selerial
    It is not MMO anymore if they don't have chat..  One of the purpose of online gaming is to build a strong community... That's the foundation of each mmo game..

Do you mean that they don't have a community system in game? It's terrible

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 7, 2012 6:24 am
      Posted by a Retard Japanese Cartoon Mmo player. LOL. you didnt even try the pvp side. Noob.
      Go away no one wants your shity review

Aug 16, 2012 3:38 am
      Thanks for warning, I won't play this game now

Signature

Aug 16, 2012 5:36 am
      Thanks for giving us this great vision about games.
      Voyance serieuse

Aug 17, 2012 11:42 am
      this game is practically dead and down to I think just one server

Aug 13, 2013 9:06 pm
      Since the game has gone permanent free trial (free to play with some skill limitations) there has been an influx of new players and many of the bugs that initially plagued the game are gone. Developers are continuously improving the game which is great to see. The quote "this game is practically dead and down to I think just one server" doesn't have any idea about the game. There was always only one server. It was desgined that way to handle many people on one server (well it is a cluster of servers) which helps with the immersion.

There are many ways to chat in Mortal Online. There is a global help channel chat to help new players. There is also local shout, normal chat and whisper for friends. It is hard to get used to at first but I've found global chat to be full of senseless chatter and quite spammy in pretty much every other MMO I've played and I've played well over 50 MMO's spanning 15 years. By using local chat you can see the person you are talking to which adds to the immersion and allows you to have a deeper connection to the people around you. I have met and talked to so many more people in MO than any other game previously. Not having a global chat system is the best thing I've seen to help people really communicate. the quote "it is not an MMO anymore if they don't have chat" is a throw away statement by someone who has not experienced the game.

There are a lot of nice people in the game but as others have mentioned, language issues are in every MMO.

Mortal Online is much harder than most other MMO's. There are thieves that will try and steal from you. There are people who will try to kill you for your gear and what you're carrying but you can mitigate this by carrying only what you have to and bank regularly.

In spirit mode you can not see anyone so I'm not sure what that is about. Perhaps that was fixed at some stage.

Guilds are always taking on people, though most only take on subscribers but there are definitely guilds who take on new players. The forums have a guild section to explain how to do this.

I've only seen one person hacking who was reported and banned. Hacking and cheating is not currently a problem.

Mortal Online is a very indepth game which gives no hints on how to play (other than a very short tutorial). You have to find your own way through the world. For those who perservere through the first few hours generally find a very rewarding completely open world to adventure. You will need to have "thick skin" as you will die a lot and loose many items but there are many good times to be had in the game. The risk adds to the excitement. I just wish more developers had the guts to make tougher challenging games.

I played this games for 3 weeks for free before deciding to subscribe. Best thing I've ever done (I've never subscribed to any game before this on).

Everything they've done was done with purpose and adds to the immersion of the game (including the first person only view). It can't be compared to the "Themepark" style games like Everquest and World of Warcraft. If you enjoy the endless mind numbing questing system and having to grind levels then Mortal Online isn't for you. If you want something more, definitely give it a try and do it with an open mind as the only games I've found that have given me a real emotional response was Shadowbane, Ultima Online and to a lesser degree Wizardry Online.

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 2, 2014 4:25 pm
        [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/3/20100830/Mortal_Online_waste_of_time-4da83f2f4a2561513-1.html#p4da8401e3c6f98]1#[/url] [i]samahir01[/i][/b] [br] [br]
        Game sucks...people stealing from within seconds of me logging on. I will not play again.....SUCKS!!

Jan 24, 2017 4:11 am
        You should archive/delete this considering it has grown extensively, yeah?

Quick Reply:Mortal Online - waste of time

Smiles
        refresh
        Go Advanced »