Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home New MMO Discussion Heroes of Three Kingdoms closed beta announced
 

Heroes of Three Kingdoms closed beta announced

Jul 1, 2010 8:54 pm
Heroes of Three Kingdoms closed beta announced

Perfect World Entertainment has announced that their forthcoming historical MMORPG, Heroes of Three Kingdoms, will enter closed beta on July 13th. In a press release from earlier today, the company revealed more details about the ambitious title that looks to allow players to participate in (and even change the course of) one of China's most famous historical battles.

"Heroes of Three Kingdoms is one of our most anticipated games to date and we're very excited to be launching the closed beta in North America in less than two weeks, says A.J. Potter, Product Manager. "The legend [of the Battle of Red Cliff] is one that resonates throughout history -- Heroes of Three Kingdoms brings to life one of the most turbulent periods in history."

Check out the official website to sign up for closed beta testing.

Via

As a martial game fan I will be testing this game for sure.I have been waiting for the game quite awhile too.Especially that theres lots of wep choices.
Found a video here as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJjtwLvPxqI
The graphics doesn't seem to be really that stunning but I'm still interested with lots of weapon choices. :P
This post has been modified on Jul 07 , 2010 12:44:32 AM by   Maogu.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jul 2, 2010 12:29 am
Another Three Kingdoms theme mmo! I wanna have a try!

MMOsite Special Offer

    Jul 2, 2010 7:26 am
    I wonder is it have some different between  Heroes of Three Kingdoms and RedCliff ?
    ATM i think that they r same game ...
    This post has been modified on Jul 02 , 2010 07:33:26 AM by   allabastar.

    Jul 2, 2010 10:13 am
    ohh no

    Jul 2, 2010 12:13 pm
    i think this is RedCliff online. they have  habit of changing the name when they bring it to the US to make it something people are more familiar with. few people actually know Red Cliff = Chi Bi

    Signature

    Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910
    Jul 2, 2010 12:14 pm
    @zerofin should write some topic at mmosite like if some1 have any info, I could give u link for chinese version or other english, engine is lil upgraded CD/ZX engine game is nice one of best mmos,
    -in addition U dont need spend cash on it at all, to have same items as others
    -game is full nongrinder
    -pvp is similar to silkroad rly dynamic what I loved in silk
    -no normal instances althought U have 50+ battlefields some that feature historical battles, some not, some with NPCs
    -3sides pvp / from 40lvl(thats when U chose side)
    -territorial battles 200vs200
    -special zone for CTF where all nations can fight without any number restrictions
    -mount combat from 70lvl


    @allabastar same games other company, at PW U get full content with current chinese patches, while RC gave only 1 patch kinda old, and ppl wait there for next one from february when it was supose to come..

    Signature

    Jul 2, 2010 3:14 pm
    Well if its PW who produced it I always got big expectation for it.

    MMOsite Special Offer

      Jul 2, 2010 10:25 pm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AresPL
      @zerofin should write some topic at mmosite like if some1 have any info, I could give u link for chinese version or other english, engine is lil upgraded CD/ZX engine game is nice one of best mmos,
      -in addition U dont need spend cash on it at all, to have same items as others
      -game is full nongrinder
      -pvp is similar to silkroad rly dynamic what I loved in silk
      -no normal instances althought U have 50+ battlefields some that feature historical battles, some not, some with NPCs
      -3sides pvp / from 40lvl(thats when U chose side)
      -territorial battles 200vs200
      -special zone for CTF where all nations can fight without any number restrictions
      -mount combat from 70lvl


      @allabastar same games other company, at PW U get full content with current chinese patches, while RC gave only 1 patch kinda old, and ppl wait there for next one from february when it was supose to come..
      Well I really wonder about cash thing tho.After all it's PWE company and sadly most of their games is kinda cash shop dependant, if not then cash shop users will get all the fun lol.
      Neither way i'm gonna give it a try.

      Jul 2, 2010 11:47 pm
      in RC they dont have it as they didnt gave next patch, now I think they didnt do it coz they wouldnt make that much moneys

      as in most games with cash shop, it offer items to make better weapons fashion mounts and few less important things, in this game, at higher lvl You can easy get as fasts mounts as these from cash shop by wining naton wars, they will be for 6 days but its still free, after 6 days just buy them again, as for fashion YOu will be able to buy from npc, and on higher lvl even make own,

      most important, materials to make better weapons/armors there will be special NPC that will exchange them for certain items/ You can get them by killing raid bosses

      only thing U need from CS is item to marry 2nd person, but U can buy it from other person, it isnt expensive


      EDIT forgot, You can also upgrade items white>green>blue>purple its lil longer way then using these items from CS or NPC but its also another way of totally free way of getting best items

      as for fun of users.. many ppl quit game before even checking, and I dont blame them, 1st map is kinda boring and quests there require a lot runing here and there, but You are there only till 16lvl, mount is from 20lvl better save 10gold for it


      any other questions?
      This post has been modified on Jul 02 , 2010 11:54:27 PM by   AresPL.

      Signature

      Jul 3, 2010 12:07 am
      :D yeah if you have any questions, just ask me or ares :D

      Jul 3, 2010 12:10 am
      lil OFFTOP  newbie with 7posts

      Signature

      Jul 3, 2010 12:15 am
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AresPL
      lil OFFTOP  newbie with 7posts
      Nah Bitisu been following this game for quite abit lol
      I know him :P
      Bitisu, it's Paper if u still remember lol.

      MMOsite Special Offer

        Jul 3, 2010 12:16 am
        nope, but I know him from other version of game

        EDIT:

        -forgot mention, each weapon have 2-3 main builds with most ppl stick only some make own variations
        U have many upgrades, many items for mounts, even best versions got few types, till 80 weapon and armor look lil different depending of what colour it is white>green>blue>purple, at 80 each weapon have 4 versions
        -there are also special skills(active and pasive) from 60lvl for example taht allow You to see invisible claw user, or stun immunity for few seconds, skill that decrease stats of enemy that is near YOu and etc

        thx to all that You have many ways of developing character, if some1 wont follow other steps there is small chance that You will meet 2 same characters
        This post has been modified on Jul 03 , 2010 12:25:06 AM by   AresPL.

        Signature

        Jul 3, 2010 12:35 am
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by zerofin
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by AresPL
        lil OFFTOP  newbie with 7posts
        Nah Bitisu been following this game for quite abit lol
        I know him :P
        Bitisu, it's Paper if u still remember lol.


        PAPERRRRRRRR!!!1 :D Hai~

        Anywho, http://www.wix.com/bitisu/eternity This is the site for my Army for HoTK.
        We will be a Wei Army.
        I played Red Cliff so I know pretty much everything about this game(ares knows more of somethings :D)
        @Ares, I never really used mmosite other than for registering for closed betas, thats why low posts, but I have had this account for years and years :D
        This post has been modified on Jul 03 , 2010 12:41:10 AM by   Bitisu.

        Jul 3, 2010 12:48 am
        join his guild or alliance and we will teach U all, 1st U just need go throught 1st map then it will be good,
        we should rush 60 ASAP to start royals and taking flag for turns, then master main and sub weapon, at that time more ppl should be 60 so we could go on battlefields, in free time lvlup again while ppl will be mastering weapons, then reach 73asap for best enchants in game



        Join Date:Dec 17, 2008...     years

        Signature

        Jul 3, 2010 12:51 am
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by AresPL
        join his guild or alliance and we will teach U all, 1st U just need go throught 1st map then it will be good,
        we should rush 60 ASAP to start royals and taking flag for turns, then master main and sub weapon, at that time more ppl should be 60 so we could go on battlefields, in free time lvlup again while ppl will be mastering weapons, then reach 73asap for best enchants in game



        Join Date:Dec 17, 2008...     years


        xD lol, more than a couple, 2 7/12 so years would be okay haha.
        Anywho, it will be fun to play this game while its hosted on PWE server. Much better than cubizone

        Besides, you joined August 30, 2008. Not much to say there.
        This post has been modified on Jul 03 , 2010 12:58:58 AM by   Bitisu.

        Jul 3, 2010 12:56 am
        nah, better check PM and dont reveal 2 much

        Signature

        MMOsite Special Offer

          Jul 3, 2010 1:01 am
          It is much more beneficial to have educated enemies to wage war with than idiotic enemies that are in chaos. A challenge is more entertaining than easily beating them back with a stick.

          Jul 3, 2010 1:04 am
          ofcourse.. but they dont have 2 lvl so fast, and take our flag, each flag take is 50 points so ;p

          Signature

          Jul 3, 2010 1:06 am
          Most ppl won't level that fast.
          1. they are new to the game where we are experienced.
          2. I doubt many of them are "chinese farmers/botters"
          3. This game is still in closed beta so many ppl won't be here yet.
          4. Anyone who levels up fast we are sure to swoop up into Wei.

           

          Quick Reply:Heroes of Three Kingdoms closed beta announced

          Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »