Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home New MMO Discussion Forsaken World (Perfect World's upcoming new MMORPG)

Forsaken World (Perfect World's upcoming new MMORPG)

Feb 25, 2010 6:55 am
Hey, some of you may have already seen the articles about it, I just wanted to make this a discussion/news thread about Forsaken World.

Forsaken World, Perfect World Entertainment's upcoming new MMORPG, developed under the codename "Project EM".

Some of you may have already read about its key features, but just to list some for you:

Players can write and change the history of the world. Grand Mundo (the game world) will be greatly affected by events happening in it. When strong bosses appear, they will send a meteor showers thorough the world, burn trees, freeze the lakes or wither the grass they walk on. And they are not limited to that. The same goes for Gods, whose appearance will be felt by entire world, blessing those who worship them and instilling fear to the infidels...

Players can become gods. Gods are not a progression stage(like Demons or Sages). They are real gods possessing incredibly great power, and there are ONLY 10 GODS ON EACH SERVER.
Once becoming a god, you will be followed by countless "apostles" and "believers" and endowed with divine power. When you are a god you have an area that only you can access called the divine realm.

In the innovative 3D Soul PK System, players' weak points are likely to be exposed at anytime during a combat with their souls knocked away. The knocked-away souls will fly around and whoever absorbs the souls will be able to have his/her attacks increased by a large margin.
The Soul PK System will also serve as a vehicle for testing players' reflexes and exact controls.

The game will offer five races based on real historical regions of Egypt, Greece, Europe, Babylon and Mayan lands. It will also offer total of 8(or 10, the current information is conflicting on this matter) different classes, each differing in gameplay and capabilities.

Hundreds of guild bases, not behind the teleporters but on the large map, are prepared for players on each server. These bases all fly above players and allow thousands of players to conduct guild fights in the air.

The game will offer (if you read the mmosite articles, you will know) 5 different races, Humans, Elves, Vampires, Dwarves and Titans. There will be eight playable classes, Warrior (playable by Humans and Elves), Protector (Titans), Mage (Humans and Vampires), Priest (Humans and Elves), Musketeer (Dwarves), Blood Controller (Vampire), Assassin (Human and Vampires) and Bard (Elves).

Forsaken World has more features to offer, such as the XP skills, rage skills that become accessible to unleash huge AoE attack once you killed enough mobs to fill your rage bar (not usable for pvp), a two currency system to prevent gold spammers from destroying the economy, intelligent mob AI (different mobs will behave in different ways, some may try to protect certain items, others will call other mobs and even work together with them, others will retreat when they think you are too strong). The Astrology system: You will be able to input a birthday and that star constellation you are "born" under will give you good luck. Should that constellation appear, you may be blessed with buffs, (exp) items and other prizes.

You can have of course have mounts:

There will also be a pet system. You can tame mobs yourself, it seems there will be two type of mobs, support and attack. After beating mobs, sometimes, "soul mobs" will appear. They are a special kind of pet that can be tamed.

There are also sub-classes (professions):
1. Social House: This profession allows one to 'persuade' a NPC to get quests not normally available to others. This class is valuable to Legions(guilds)

2. Explorer: Observes a certain Monster that can cause great damage(remember this: "When strong bosses appear, they will send a meteor showers thorough the world, burn trees, freeze the lakes or wither the grass they walk on") and reports to the Department of Monsters. This class is valuable to Legions.

3. Businessman: Gets the best price by observing the 'market', the rate of deflation and inflation of prices.

4. Collector: Copies valuable information from scrolls and/or books by copying it.

5. Runes Division: This class is able to utilize Runes to the fullest extent of their power. Some Runes may bestow good luck, protection and punishment.

6. Botanist: Identifies herbs.

7. Astrologist: They are able to predict the future. They can also receive blessings from the God by praying.

8. Blacksmiths

9. Tamers: Can tame animals not usually available.

10. Alchemist: Produces pharmaceuticals which is able to restore health, mana, and maybe able to resurrect the dead

Please look here for more information:
Discussion Thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=561451

Official (Chinese) Site: http://shenmo.wanmei.com/

Cinematic Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2EMHuZvDM

Some Screenshots:

I'm aware there is already an "official" thread introducing the articles, this is a fan discussion thread.
This post has been modified on Mar 01 , 2010 07:56:43 AM by   vahrna.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Feb 25, 2010 10:08 am
I will try this game :)

Signature

My better is better than your better >:)

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 25, 2010 8:49 pm
    Oh my lord... This game sounds fantastic.

Feb 26, 2010 12:32 am
    I like this game but not the developer

Feb 26, 2010 2:40 am
    Some more information today:
    Taken from cinderboy's MMO Culture:
    In the game, there will be equipments with a unique name, like "The Courageous Gauntlet", "The Bloodsucking Helm" and many more. All these are part of the set equipments found in Forsaken World. How do players get these equipments ? Hidden among normal mobs, there will sometimes be one with the word "Elite" before its name. Kill it for rare drops~! Even if the mob is "Elite", it will only be slightly stronger than the normal mobs, so players need not be too afraid to confront one around their own level. Elite mobs have a chance to drop equipment strengthening stones, identification tools and green/blue equipments. Furthermore, Elite mobs have a 100% chance to drop a "Exchange Stone". Collect enough of these and players will be able to trade it with the Mysterious NPC at Freedom Harbor for set equipments~!
    Every 10 levels, players will have a chance to trade for new set equipments with the NPC (provided players have enough Exchange Stones". Set items' names are in Gold color, collect them all and gain massive bonus stats and look glamorous at the same time~!

Trading
    When players open up their inventory, the items will be divided into 3 sections - Normal Items, Quest Items and Trading Items. Normal items include equipments and misc drop from mobs and instances; Quest Items, as the name suggests, are usually non-tradeable items related to quests; Trading Items, once again like the name suggests, are items which players can trade with each other and earn.
    The trading system in Grand Mundo, the planet featured in Forsaken World, is being controlled by various trade organizations, each using a different currency. "Mo Qiu Li" (I have no idea how to translate this name) is one of the biggest trade organizations in the game, so when players are trading in areas under this organization, they will have to have enough "Mo Qiu Li" currency.

While players need not choose the sub-class, Merchant, in order to trade items, choosing this sub-class will give players an edge over others in terms of efficiency and monetary gains (sell for more, buy for less). Different areas ruled by different trade organizations offer a large variety of items for trade, and items available also depends on the trading post's location. For example, expect tons of seafood on sale for a trading post right beside the sea! If players have leftover currency from the various trade organizations, they can trade them for normal ingame gold.

Legendary Beasts
    In Forsaken World, we know that there were once gods who created Grand Mundo, who fought great battles and wars, all mounted on their valiant beasts. As time grew and more wars were waged, these legendary beasts gradually went missing, hiding in various corners of Grand Mundo...

The most famous legendary beast recorded in Grand Mundo was Ragon, king of the dark dragons. He is also the strongest of the dragons, the mount of an evil god, Mal. Together, they waged war across Grand Mundo and slayed many gods from the Light (the good guys). After the death of an important ally, Mal saved his spirit and allow it to enter Ragon, thus causing even more havoc as the leader of the Storm tribe. There were 2 other famous dark dragons, Aron and Kelly, who were eventually tamed by Sillia and joined the Light.

Other than the legendary dragons, there is the phoenix (I am kind of lazy to translate their names), hydra, steel-clad rhinoceros, griffin and hell bat. Will you be the one who eventually capture one of them?

Instances
    While there will be old-school instances (team up with friends and beat up the boss), there will also be special instances. Some instances, like the Circus, do not require players to kill any mobs. This special instance test players' control skills, speed of reaction, team spirit with party members and even players' character. By solving questions, puzzles and obstacles with teammates, players can also reap fabulous reward.

Enhancing
    When enhancing your weapon, that weapon will not break even if the enhancement fails. Previous enhancements won't get lost either. To enhance your weapon or equipment, you need to gather a special item, the more of that item you gather, the higher is the success chance. That item can be dropped by normal mobs and bosses.

Classes:

Priest, the healer class.

Protector, a tank with attack capabilities.

Warrior, your typical close-ranged, sword-wielding DPS class, probably the secondary tank.

Assassin, stealth DPS, can induce side effects (stun, poison..)

Blood Controller, a mix of melee combat and magic, uses blood and dark magic.

Musketeer, a long-range DPS with crowd control abilities. Said to be good in pvp.

Mage, a magic-using, long-range high DPS with AoEs

Bard, has both buffs and debuffs, has team support abilities and attack spells.

Here
    <---- You find a video with some short footage of Forsaken World (really short, so watch closely)
    If you click on the link, you can also find an early beta key contest on that blog.

Chinese closed beta is set for the 25th March. Closed beta for America/Europe has yet to be announced.

The three blogs that I know of that follow Forsaken World:
    Forsaken World Journal
    Forsaken World Fans
    A Journey through Forsaken World

Feb 26, 2010 3:48 am
    Some more screenshots:

Feb 28, 2010 10:05 am
    Wow some of these pictures I haven't seen yet!

I am so going to play this game when it comes out

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 28, 2010 10:27 am
      @BeingHope: I like your avatar ^_^

Some more screenshots:
      The login screen

Interface/Character and Item Menu

Map

All screenshots are from an early preview found here.

Good to know I'm not the only one looking forward to this =).

Feb 28, 2010 11:17 am
      @Vahrna - LOL thanks??? xD For some reason it won't let me change it to my avatar.. Its so weird, I hope it switches soon [SMILE=s18]

But wow thats the game? That looks.. Amazing!

But it looks really similar to Perfect World too.. [SMILE=s40]

Graphics seem really amazing though [SMILE=s52]

Feb 28, 2010 11:51 am
      Why? Your current avatar is funny ;). But yeah, I think it takes one or two days until it changes, at least it was the case for my avatar.

Feb 28, 2010 11:58 am
      Oops...the post above is mine. Forget to log in...
      Anyway, the interface is similar to Perfect World with some changes to it (I think the menu - the potions- look better though).

Forsaken World uses an updated version of the PROPRIETARY ANGELICA 3D ENGINE (the engine Perfect World was made with), so that is probably why the graphics are similar, although I think Forsaken World looks better.

Anyway, more screenshots:

As already mentioned, Forsaken World was influenced by Western cultures and thus designed to appeal not only to the Chinese players, but also to the American/European ones.

Mar 1, 2010 7:26 am
      Ill Try this game but The MOUNTS ARE SO COOL.
      I WANT DOWNLOAD>..

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 2, 2010 4:03 am
        I'll make sure to link you to the teaser site/later on a download link when it is available. In the mean time, make sure to check this video if you are interested in Forsaken World:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU1MjA3NzYw.html

Mar 2, 2010 11:56 pm
        Today at Perfect World Entertainment we launched the Forsaken World teaser website, as well as officially announced the game here in North America.

The teaser site has a CGI Trailer, background on the story and races/classes, link to beta sign up, and even mini-games.

For all the details, check out the announcement on our company blog here

Let me know what your feedback is!  We're very excited about this game :)

Thanks,
        Sam "QforQ" Houston
        Senior Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Perfect World Entertainment

Mar 3, 2010 2:47 am
        As said above, the teaser site went live! Make sure to head if interested: http://fw.perfectworld.com/

Mar 3, 2010 3:53 am
        wat forsaken is all about for the new version of PW

Signature

Mar 5, 2010 12:20 am
        A race sneak preview is out: http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=12921

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 6, 2010 8:18 am
          Looks awesome :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mar 7, 2010 2:23 pm
          its a f2p aion plain and simple but ill give it a try

Mar 8, 2010 5:03 am
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Thorison
          its a f2p aion plain and simple but ill give it a try

This isn't official, but you most probably won't be able to fly in Forsaken World =).

Quick Reply:Forsaken World (Perfect World's upcoming new MMORPG)

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »