Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home New MMO Discussion Can we marry NPC in the mmorpg?

Can we marry NPC in the mmorpg?

Dec 22, 2009 12:18 am
I got this question few mins ago, is there a mmo in which we can marry NPC?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Dec 22, 2009 1:58 am
Well the point of MMOs is to interact with others, so I don't think there has been an MMO that has let you marry an NPC yet.  That said, they really should make one.  It could be like a "pet" sort of, he or she would be at the home you buy, you'd visit them and help take care of them.

There could even be a courtship process to try to get them to marry you.

It would really be a neat idea, they should put it in a future MMO.

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 22, 2009 7:38 pm
    woo....

Dec 23, 2009 12:56 am
    can you tell us the reason of you want to marry with NPC?

Dec 23, 2009 1:06 am
    The NPC is so hot and if we can marry her, she must be loyal

Dec 23, 2009 9:23 am
    I just think that it would be a neat game extra.  A lot of single player games let you get married in them and people usually do.

The wife/husband could live in a house that you could build, upgrade, change, etc.  If you make them happy, they will come up with random rare gifts for you once and a while.  Maybe even let you have children with them and have little kids running around your house.  You could buy cats and dogs and stuff that would stay to live there too.

It would add to the overall story.  I LOVE story in games, that's what I'm really looking for, the best story and world feeling that I can get.  You could even assign your wife/husband a job to make clothes, farm, go to work for extra money, etc.  There would be a lot of stuff you could do with the idea, and it would be really neat.

Dec 24, 2009 1:06 am
    single player game can't match mmo.
    marrying with npc, maybe someday we can do this

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 25, 2009 12:33 am
      a girl in Janpese merry with a Charactor.  it is a true news and he seams quite happy with her virtual wife.  hahaaa , could you want  NPC as your  legal wife?

Signature

Feb 2, 2011 4:10 pm
      Oh you mean a Japanese dude marry with a DS character

Feb 2, 2011 10:00 pm
      Why would anyone even want to marry an NPC? That would be a pretty dumb concept o-O.

Feb 3, 2011 4:31 am
      It would be pretty stupid. Npc is not a real player, you can't have fun and chat with him.

Signature

Feb 3, 2011 9:26 am
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AtomicDoom
      It would be pretty stupid. Npc is not a real player, you can't have fun and chat with him.

or sleep in bed with him/her either :(

Signature

Those who ask a question, are stupid for 30 seconds. Those who never ask, are stupid for life.

My nature/animal channel on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/TheExplorium

My video game channel on Youtube!
      http://www.youtube.com/Vendayn

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 3, 2011 1:05 pm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by AtomicDoom

you can...  If the game lets you ,. yoy can PK her/him for ever :p

Signature

Feb 3, 2011 1:36 pm
        Well is not really boring in my opinion, why I say that? Because in NDS game you can marry a npc without a problem, but if they're going to do it online they would need a big resources about the whole step that the npc must do.

So I would still disagree with that in the end and leave it for console games only and later on when we have a much more greater technology for developing games, they could add that kind of system then.

Feb 3, 2011 8:39 pm
        not possible that would be weird

Feb 4, 2011 4:21 am
        I heard that you can date NPCs in Kabod Online... maybe you can marry them too :D

Signature

Feb 4, 2011 5:57 am
        i can picture this happening in future games. there are already games that won't offer you quests unless your fame in the region is high enough. this idea takes it one step further so that your character has to develop a personal relationship with the NPC to unlock high end quests and exclusive items.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
        http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 5, 2011 7:05 am
          marriying a npc so she follows u around and helps u fighting or healing
          i can imagine it like wife/husband take over the role of pets xD

Signature

Under construction...
          Feb 5, 2011 11:04 am
          Marrying an NPC is a bit weird, I mean if that were possible in many games, don't you think people are going to marry the one you want to marry too? My opinion sucks but this is what I think about it.

Feb 6, 2011 4:48 pm
          I think you are mistaken, Harvest Moon is not a MMORPG

Quick Reply:Can we marry NPC in the mmorpg?

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »