Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home New MMO Discussion What is Ragnarok and what makes it so good?

What is Ragnarok and what makes it so good?

Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm
It's good because it's original in what it does.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jul 17, 2011 7:08 pm
ive played the game since beta= = 4 10 years now
the game has a great card system, cards are obtained from monsters, and sloted into gear with slots, cards contribute alot to pve and pvp
the craft system keeps the economy flowing (archers makes arrows, smith makes weapons, chmists makes humonculai and potions)  the ingrients are obatined from different maps and dungeon best hunted by specific classes.
its a pure grind game= = those who have little patience tend to quit easily. (loot's drop rate is extremely low like 0,2% drop rate and 1kill=0.1exp when u reach max lvl the exp is kill 20kills=0.1%)
the character states are very flexible and can accommodation different types of playing styles
players can customize their skills, as a class may have many different playing styles, a popular class assasin have many state build, dual wielding, katars, crtical build, sonic blow(close combat), soul destoryer(ranged), grimtooth(stealth, a skill highly valued in group pvp like war of emprium)
the pvp values team work as every class has strong points and weakpoints
have a unique skills, guilds 4 instance and teleport everyone from guild to one specific location, and gives buffs in pvp event 4 those who are around the master

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 18, 2011 4:56 pm
    Its a good and classic game.
    The "simple gameplay" (mouse based) makes the game so good and dynamic.
    I recommend this game for those who want enjoy new challenges and don't have a "good pc". (;

Sep 23, 2011 5:07 pm
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/3/20090226/What_is_Ragnarok_and_what_makes_it_so_good-4da83f27df7534013-1.html#p4da83faf0e4ee8]0#[/url] [i]madassfrog[/i][/b] [br] [br]
    DONT WASTE YOUR TIME STUIPED GAME !!!!!!

Sep 23, 2011 6:42 pm
    Quote: Originally Posted by 98.*.*.219 at Sep 23, 2011 5:07 pmReply 0#  madassfrog

Actually, it WAS a good game. It's outdated now. If you played it near its release you would have known that it was possibly the best game out there that was P2P (which was about 8 or 9 years ago).

Sep 28, 2011 11:05 pm
    i love the community building inside the game. the gameplay is way too simple to understand and yet a blast!

Feb 17, 2012 11:42 am
    People play for different reasons but i'll make a summery of what I find good about the game. I've been playing since the game came out like 9 years ago so you know i'm not a new player.

First of all the ability to customize your character to its full extent beats games like wow where you are limited to that one way to distribute your stats (ive played wow and quit recently to go back to playing ro) This allows you more freedom to come up with different builds and the card system allows you to customize your character to great details especially when it comes to what private servers provide since they can customize pretty much everything about the game.

Don't get me wrong I played iro for a long time as well but I prefer P servers because theres a specific style of gameplay that I enjoy over all. I prefer free for all pvp with a pentalty point system which helps prevent abuse and also provide a split between player communities allowing for more group up and fight against each other. I like my pvp in a brutal way just not in a runescape way where i have to start all over ExistenceRO provides what I enjoy.

But all of that aside the card system works well allows many different options depending on class and build and since mvp cards are usually hard to come by your limited to farming alot of it on your own so in many cases when you get one of those cards which is hard to obtain it gives you high satisfaction. Of course the mvp cards can vary server to server some servers sell them all in there donation shops. My servers limited in this aspect most which reflect pvp use are find only only a few of the first season cards can be obtained from a shop most of it is find on your own making everything which isn't obtainable from the shop super rare and costly if you get lucky to find it.

Maps and quest system the game is huge there are tons of official maps allowing many places to level up from Pservers again can create there own maps and quests allowing for a even better game play experience which keeps you on your toes when I first joined the server ive been playing it was around halloween they had a halloween town loaded with customize monsters they had a quest for sleepy hallow and a headless horsemen mvp which brought a very interesting and fun battle including some quest only exclusive items this really impressed me as well.

Game graphics I know that there are many people out there who will argue that graphics are everything although I find I can't agree with that statement. I don't play games simply because its life like graphics most games which are have some sort of downside like for example there free to play and have some god shop where you can only buy "insert item" using real cash. If that isn't the case then theres some form of control or interface which sucks like for example final fantasy 14 which failed as a graphical marvel it had great graphics but it released unfinished and poor gameplay. There are many other examples of this. While Ragnarok might be an older game from 2002 the graphics are still much better then some of the free to play games like maple story or runescape or conquer online. And for the people who like older things retro RO can still provide many hours of excitement. I like the 2d / 3d world because of the anime style of characters including the custom hairstyles from different animes. But not just that I like the fact I don't need to buy a quadcore computer to play it and theres still new content constantly coming out.

So to sum up all of this the best way to decide whether you like a game or not ask yourself what you look for in a game if you will play any game just because of its graphics and don't care what the game brings feature wise RO isn't for you. If your the kind of player who plays because you have customiziable options that allow you choices with your mmorpg this is very rare in the mmorpg world you might want to try RO if you haven't.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 18, 2012 2:41 pm
      PvP, Character Customization, Tons of Build, GvG/WoE!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rokurai at Sep 23, 2011 6:42 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by 98.*.*.219 at Sep 23, 2011 5:07 pmReply 0#  madassfrog

Actually, it WAS a good game. It's outdated now. If you played it near its release you would have known that it was possibly the best game out there that was P2P (which was about 8 or 9 years ago).     
      He's probably not old enough to play games that time.

[ The post was edited by Rokurai at Feb 18, 2012 7:49 pm ]

Signature

Feb 21, 2012 4:51 pm

All the old mmorpgs are pretty damn good.

Mar 1, 2012 7:03 pm
      Ragnarok was perfect for me, cant find other games same with

Signature

Visit Here!
      My Blogsite

Mar 12, 2012 9:00 am
      [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/3165015/2]dragonpizza[/url] at Feb 21, 2012 4:51 pm
      All the old mmorpgs are pretty damn good. [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/3/20090226/What_is_Ragnarok_and_what_makes_it_so_good-4da83f27df7534013-3.html#p4f443c2009c7be][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]
      [font=Tahoma]fck yea! RO is one of my old skul fav online game! massive guild wars (war of the emperium) except the massive botters lulz[/font]

Jul 19, 2012 12:20 am
      This game changed my life. The style, the music, the way it's being and everything, from jazz to steampunk until rock! With me Ragnarok Online is the best MMORPG ever!

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 28, 2012 11:21 pm
        Reply 7#  Jokrow

XD.       HAHAHA

Signature

:3 If I am not here, find me there:
        MSN& Email: mmositeeditor12@hotmail.com
        Sep 11, 2012 6:29 pm
        Well you can play it on a crap video card, but the character skins still look awesome.  PvP is awesome especially WOE.  There are tons of builds, and so many classes it will take forever to explore them all.  Still to this day the game has a high playerbase especially on private servers. There are tons of maps which can confusing if your just starting, and the quest system can be confusing, but the game is an easy grind to tell ya the truth.  It is really easy to find a class you like.

Sep 11, 2012 10:57 pm
        So many classes, Intersting to play, I recommend playing it
        note: It can make you a Ragnarok Addict

Sep 12, 2012 12:06 am
        I love ragnarok. Well, maybe because im a girl thats why i find it cute. anyway, i played that for years before. Im playing something similar to it. the Title is Knight Story. Its in CBT so theres not much players. hahaha

Sep 12, 2012 2:16 am
        the personality of each character made in ragnarok is original-based(2D), it include their attacking skill, life survive skill and others. Many online game nowadays may have refer to it.

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 12, 2012 2:08 am
          Its fun because it's one of the oldest MMORPG I started playing during open beta back 2003 august. One server 20k+ people all noobs! That feeling when you first enter ragnarok can never be replicated by any high end graphic games.

Nov 3, 2012 10:53 pm
          only ragnarok online lovers will understand . if u dont like 2d . dont play ragnarok .

its not about the graphics . its about the game

Nov 8, 2012 10:50 pm
          True. Old players always gets nostalgic about the game. ahh. the good old times :)

Quick Reply:What is Ragnarok and what makes it so good?

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »