Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Atlantica Online Recently came back to AO, need some advice!

Recently came back to AO, need some advice!

Sep 27, 2011 9:17 am
Hi,
played AO a long time back before Spartan came out but quit the game together with my friends. Recently decided to come back and some advice on what (new) Main to go and on PVP formations would be greatly appreciated!

My old main, UberSniper (I know, stupid name) was a lv81 GunM and i got him to Div9 but could never win against the lv90+ people with 'seth's will' builds.

Formation was:
Sword-Vik-BT
GunM-Witch-Exo
Ora-Monk-Artillery

Anyway, I've read around and now people mostly say that Bow/Staff/Cannon/Music/Saw mains are fairly popular now. So before i had my acc migrated from Ndoors I dabbled with a StaffM and got him to lv 28, was pretty fun.
Im 100% sure that I won't continue my old main as I am totally lost at what to do with him next. So what Mains are recommended for PVP nowadays? Or should I just stick to Guns?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Sep 27, 2011 4:19 pm
if you're going to PvP, the best are

Sword
Bow
Cannon
Staff (Auto Battle Free League only)

Swords will be the tanks, bows will be sniping, and cannon will primarily be stun. Guns are also decent stuns once you get Summon Machine as well.

if you do a Sword formation, i recommend you do something like this for PvP. your main should learn Shield Bash after the upgrade quest.
Odysseus-Sword Main-Guan Yu or Valkyrie or Druid
Empress-Sheriff-Inventor
Vampire-Monk-???

the ??? varies based on who you're fighting. if you're fighting a Bow main, you should avoid using a Cannoneer or Hwarang and use a Princess. if you're fighting a melee main, you should use an Elementalist.

Bow mains are snipers. they should learn Hwarang's Aura after the upgrade quest.
Odysseus-Druid-Guan Yu
Empress-Sheriff-Bow Main
Vampire-Monk-Oracle/Princess

Cannon mains primarily rely on stun and you should continue to do so
Odysseus-Druid-Guan Yu
Empress-Sheriff-Cannon Main
Vampire-Monk-Princes/Inventor

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 28, 2011 3:20 am
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/27/20110927/Recently_came_back_to_AO_need_some_advice-4e81f7113dc74da13-1.html#p4e825a1e85f412]1#[/url] [i]Zanpakutou[/i][/b] [br] [br]Thanks for the reply!

I decided with a BowM in the end to see the difference between a stun formation and a snipe formation. But there are some things I'm quite confused about. Shouldn't I get Shaman instead of Oracle due to noble sacrifice? Also, what should the formation be like mid-game(when you finally achieve a full formation)?

I was thinking:

Sword-BowM-Vik
    Arti-Gunner-Prophet(or just a Archer?)
    Shaman-Monk-Exo(Was thinking that the exo can do a switch when main gets to half-hp)

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Sep 28, 2011 12:02 pm
    Noble Sacrifice is useless compared to the stronger healers. seth will is also a very good skill to have. in the long run, you DO NOT want to front line your main.

this is how i recommend you do it. i believe you need to recruit Swordsman, Spearman, Archer in the beginning as part of the quest.

so your beginner team will be something like this
    Sword-Spear
    Archer-BowM

this is based on your existing formation
    then add Viking/Shaman at lvl 10
    then add Shaman/Viking (whichever you didn't add) at lvl 20
    then add Arti/Monk at lvl 30
    then add Monk/Arti (whichever you didn't add) at lvl 40
    then add Gunner at lvl 50

at lvl 57, switch Sword for Exo. make sure to keep the your Exo with the best gear possible. he will need it to remain a good tank.
    at lvl 70, switch Archer for Prophet (it helps with tanking a lot)
    at lvl 76, switch Shaman for Oracle
    at lvl 87, switch Artillery for Cannon
    at lvl 96, switch Gunner for Jannisary (or Sheriff if you can afford her, Sheriff is better in the long run)

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
    Sep 28, 2011 2:26 pm
    Reply 3#  Zanpakutou

Okay, I get your point now. Thanks!
    But shouldn't I switch Spearman for Exo instead?
    And whats the preference between Oracle and Princess?
    What about Inventor? Not worth the time?

Sep 28, 2011 9:58 pm
    spearman is nice for PvP purposes and has better damage in PvE so i recommend you ditch Swordsman.

Oracle has a stronger heal and Seth Will which is like a "berserker" status. Princess increases the defense and accuracy of all range mercs and provides them with HP regeneration. considering that most people use Guns or Cannons, the Vampire is more suited for healing since Dawn Harmony provides a high regeneration to an entire column. as a result, people ditch Oracle for Vampire and grab a Princess instead.

Inventor is good for stun, but his overall damage is low. if you are running an all out stun build, then Inventor is good to have. his damage is pitiful compared to the Sheriff. most people who did use an Inventor probably just went Gun Main with Summon Machine instead. If you have a good gun, he is great for skirmish, but in PvP, he is usually an easy target.

Signature

Sep 29, 2011 5:12 am
    Reply 5#  Zanpakutou

Oh okay... Thanks again for the great advice!

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 29, 2011 7:12 pm
      oh yeah one more thing. skirmish battles are quite different and a formation that is normally impractical under other circumstances becomes overwhelmingly more powerful in skirmish. just a heads up on that.

Signature

Sep 30, 2011 10:06 am
      Reply 7#  Zanpakutou

Ok I'll take note of that. Currently not a big fan of skirmishes though

Sep 30, 2011 4:54 pm
      me neither but the rewards are so damn insane i do it anyways.

Signature

Oct 1, 2011 1:27 am
      Reply 9#  Zanpakutou

Hmmm, from what level should i start doing skirmishes? Any idea on which skirmish is good?

Oct 1, 2011 5:56 am
      for the most part, avoid the low level skirmish areas. you need to do the main quests. only go to the skirmish areas if you still need more exp to level up.

do all the troy and 3k tbs missions that you can. they start at around level 50 i believe. use peer chat to find people to do it with. you'll make a lot of money and level up fast due to the victory bonuses. for the most part, do your best to avoid repeating missions in order to maximize your earnings.

[ The post was edited by Zanpakutou at Oct 1, 2011 6:09 am ]

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 23, 2017 6:42 am
        personal injury lawyer generally calls for a fixation with las vegas kill condition regarding tee

sin city (FOX5) The attorneys generally of america given a recently available killing law suit really speech he awarded to valley police on friday, concerning the value of lowering violent law-breaking in nevada,You know the dimensions and books at the same time skillfully her, attorneys prevalent barry classes identified. "nevada are mourning usually the fatality of a 18 [url=https://www.ucnews.in/channel/301]telugu political news[/url] yr old Eric Brooks, A snowboarding legend which in turn no more than managed to graduate from spring slope high school. he had a promising the life in advance of him or her, a definite life style we need never see. Witnesses report he was formerly seated to the store standard just before he hit and furthermore when you need to bled bereavement all the time,a mysterious imagine hit Brooks using June 30. Weeks later, their particular the mother philip fitzgibbons cried on the unit once FOX5 first informed her the authorized simple mentioned her boy's subject onto a nationalized platform. your mom considered made no clue your loved one's boy's enclosure would undoubtedly snatch the eye the government of,I need to find duty, your daughter cried.trainings hasn't been the most important first distinct to comprehend Brooks had a good future. every time Brooks is at first quality, The seven year old was on the duvet cover of one of the nation's most famous guides.of the aug. 27, 2006 pay of most attend article depicted this man's facial skin even though caption, "Eric has an upcoming,The superintendent of lengthy seaside unified schooling center showed off the fulfillment to with the rest of our in an exceedingly blog post, outdated the month of january 12, 2007,shown on the quilt, Which is likewise restricted to celebrities, was a happy Stevenson first grader, Eric Brooks, wrote Superintendent christopher Steinhauser. "I surely have Eric autograph available conspicuously in doing my medical practice. got to out to Steinhauser, Who remains to be the superintendent of the future gulf of mexico single high school center. or perhaps secretary says he did n't want to opinion your case, yet,yet somehow he experienced been unhappy to discover the traumatic events. mother acknowledged Steinhauser has not a clue Brooks gone to live in sin city on the other hand perished.Brooks' mother had said she continues to be desperate for the money to hide her child. to bring about gift, A connection to the family's GoFundMe review is linked here.Henderson law enforcement: stride a take into account within hours deadly crashHenderson law enforcement: schedule a thing in immediately fatal crashUpdated: weekend, august 15 2017 7:43 pm EDT2017 10 15 23:43:54 GMTHendersavailable on public elizabeth display of something like a lethal serious accident street intersectiadditionally of Russell st oct Stephanie. 14, 2017. too achieving grip web based in the future.amazon online printed an attractive epic brain teaser on their own twitter web last year, telling obviously if everyday people could certainly location the most important concealed mirielle on the inside a pack in chocolate ingrown toenail. and building the traction online one more time.reps when safeness protect jesus Campos asserts out Campos outUpdated: wednesday, oct 14 2017 11:44 in the morning EDT2017 10 14 15:44:55 GMTA unification representative of christ Campos described Campos most likely was arrive at a "effective center, (lid fringe)The Mandalay these kinds of home protection protection which usually law enforcement officials acknowledged ended up inserted contained in the resort's hallway just by believe Stephen Paddock the night of the 1 september and energy approach expected correspondents [url=https://www.ucnews.in/channel/301]film news[/url] thursday.The Mandalay these types of reliability defender what individual arrest pointed out appeared to be hit inside your resort's passageway through imagine Stephen Paddock the night of the 1 oct firing to speak to expected correspondents thursday night.

Quick Reply:Recently came back to AO, need some advice!

Smiles
        refresh
        Go Advanced »