Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Atlantica Online coyote valley tips

coyote valley tips

Dec 15, 2009 5:21 am
COYOTE’S VALLEY (Druid Recruitment)

Coyote’s Valley is located in North America near Vancouver. The level required to enter the dungeon is 100.

First of all, before you can enter the Squad Dungeon you must form a squad of 9 players. Then the commander of the squad has to use the Chief's Ivory Horn key to open access to the squad. The key can be acquired from Merchant Mercurius for 9 guild operation textbooks.

Only a maximum of 9 players are allowed inside. It is a 6-man party (just like in Individual Dungeons) main included. The dungeon time limit is 60 minutes and has a cooldown time of 40 hours.

Note: Form your parties before entering the dungeon, you can't reform once inside.

1. There is a "cookie" or "friendly gate" called Roaring Thunder (he must not die otherwise the dungeon will fail). If you don't defend the "friendly gate" he lasts around 6 minutes before he dies. You will have enough time to reach and defend/assist him if you move on the edge of the road avoiding fights, at least the party that takes the defense part role. It is recommended that the defenders are solo.

2. Enemy gates spawn mobs continuously. The mobs can join in battle quite easily if they are close to each other. You can also encounter big trains of mobs. It is best to duo, or trio if the players are not strong enough.

3. The enemy gates have high defense, and are level 130. There are no towers linked to them. Attacks are as strong as Babel's Gate with the towers down. Anyway, it is not needed to kill the gates, but they do drop heavenly crystals.

4. Mobs are level 120+ (melee), easy to kill and hurt a little bit but not enough to take out your front line quickly. Elementalists will prove helpful.

5. The NPC's:
Raging Wind (Druid Recruitment) is on the east path.
His quests are:
1)        100 heavenly crystals
2)        Bull horn
3)        Sickle

Earth Listener is in the west dead end. He gives a few quests that rewards you with 3 heavenly crystals. His quests will reset every 40 hoursl.
The quests are:
1) 10 wolves
2) 30 mecha spiders
3) the miniboss Mad Scientist Austin

-There were only 2 mini bosses in the dungeon, so only 2 teams can finish the Earth Listener's quest. Rumor has it that they may spawn from the enemy gates but is yet to be confirmed.

6. Killing 1000 mobs rewards the squad 9 boxes. So it is 1 box per person. Killing additional mobs will increase the reward boxes as follows:
1000 monster kills = 9 reward boxes
1400 monster kills = 12 reward boxes
1700 monster kills = 18 reward boxes
2000 monster kills = 27 reward boxes

Boxes are sent to the squad commander. Be sure it is someone you can trust.

The boxes will give:
- Druid skill books I and II
- Multi-hued crystals and jewels
- Vials of valor/wisdom/death
- Experience books
- The bull horn(quest item)
- The sickle(quest item)
- Heavenly Crystals (5) (quest item)
- Alchemist stones
- Large diamonds
- Plus 1 or 2 other things
All items are tradable.

Return to the list

Signature

Bookmark and share to your friends

Dec 15, 2009 7:45 am
nice guide, any more tips on how to finish the dungeon quickly?

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 15, 2009 6:14 pm
    thank you for the guide but as of the moment I've heard that there's a bug in Coyote Valley, where in the one you called a Cookie is invisible?so how are you going to defend it if it's invisible? your just wasting your time there'... I think they already open it in the AO forums and still waiting for the CC's reply.

Signature

Dec 16, 2009 8:04 am
    aw that would be a problem on the quest, meaning more on repeating the quest once they encounter the bug

hope the devs can resolve this quickly

Signature

Dec 17, 2009 1:27 am
    Awesome guide!

But I still cannot do this alone {cry}

Dec 17, 2009 5:11 am
    Unfortunately there are several downsides of the dungeon. 1st of all it's very hard to finish. Then this so called invisible cookie bug. Then the rewards are not very rewarding. If this goes on we may see the 1st druid in about a year.

Signature

Dec 17, 2009 6:25 am
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajaie
    Unfortunately there are several downsides of the dungeon. 1st of all it's very hard to finish. Then this so called invisible cookie bug. Then the rewards are not very rewarding. If this goes on we may see the 1st druid in about a year.

probably, imagine killing 1000 monsters and the reward is just one box

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 17, 2009 12:01 pm
      then kill 1700 so that you get 2 ea. lol. hehehe

Signature

Dec 17, 2009 5:46 pm
      right now its even difficult to kill 1000 and even 1200 is pushing it for the high lvl players. the 9 player limit makes it difficult to get many kills not to mention the chance that the guy you're suppose to protect is killed.

imo, the best way is to have 2 guys by the guy you're suppose to protect and these should be healer heavy teams. the guy you're suppose to protect can actually help you kill quite well. the other players should group up and be along both paths. this will slow their progress and allow you go get kills more frequently.

DO NOT kill the gates. killing the gates basically brings the amount of spawns to nearly a halt. it makes it impossible to get a high number of kills. if you want to kill the gates, it should be the last thing you do.

kAO supposedly has alternate methods for obtaining the druid. i would not consider it "good" by any means either. its still incredibly difficult and probably even more time consuming.

the rates for 1 of the druid quest items is around 1/500 to 1/600 from the Great Bear Tribal Reward. so far the new contentfocus on using as many delay tactics as possible to slow your progress rather than making it reasonable.
      This post has been modified on Dec 17 , 2009 05:49:50 PM by   Zanpakutou.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
      http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910
      Dec 17, 2009 6:46 pm
      Agreed to kill 1000 mobs is not that easy even if there's a 9 players... Do you have any idea how many mobs so far we 9 players can kill?

Signature

Dec 18, 2009 2:39 am
      I have news for you!

Someone (I think from Mycenae server) has finished the Dungeon and each of them got a box. Unfortunately, none of them obtained a quest item from the boxes.

And here's an additional tip. Like what Zanpakutou said, your squad should have a party of 2 players beside the "cookie".

Here's a suggested squad formation:
      4 parties of 2 players each
      1 player who is strong enough to solo and kill fast

Good Luck!

Signature

Dec 18, 2009 6:36 am
      there was a post on the forum about it, but the highest so far is 1800.

Signature

Need some referrers to get to lvl 10 for a free rune page cause I'm too lazy to farm one up
      http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4f2d6f678d4f0700656910

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 18, 2009 10:20 pm
        The guide is useful for me!

Welcome to ievep!

Dec 19, 2009 8:50 am
        really ouch, imagine killing 1000 mobs for a single box
        and so far the highest was around 1800
        for a span of two weeks i think

Signature

Dec 20, 2009 12:09 pm
        Just wait till I get stronger... lol Im still weak to join coyote runs. anyone wanna donate some equips? lol

Signature

Dec 20, 2009 7:29 pm
        wew! weeks has pass by and still no one got the Druid... I can't imagine how hard this high level characters craving to get the quest item..

Signature

Dec 21, 2009 5:41 am
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Reanemeiko
        wew! weeks has pass by and still no one got the Druid... I can't imagine how hard this high level characters craving to get the quest item..

it will take months (even a year before the first druid appears)

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Dec 21, 2009 12:53 pm
          I think troy will come out first. lol

Signature

Dec 21, 2009 6:23 pm
          I expect that there would be new mounts and costume again to be release next month, and just by that time we expect that there's a players already had it's druid?
          This post has been modified on Dec 21 , 2009 06:26:22 PM by   Reanemeiko.

Signature

Dec 22, 2009 4:08 am
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Reanemeiko
          I expect that there would be new mounts and costume again to be release next month, and just by that time we expect that there's a players already had it's druid?
          This post has been modified on Dec 21 , 2009 06:26:22 PM by   Reanemeiko.

Doubt it. Still a very long long way before the 1st druid appears. Finishing the dungeon is one thing, getting the quest items from the boxes is another.

Signature

Quick Reply:coyote valley tips

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »