Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Age of Wushu (Age of Wulin) Newbie Guide: Starting Your Journey! (Read if you are new to the game!)

Newbie Guide: Starting Your Journey! (Read if you are new to the game!)

Sep 13, 2012 12:17 pm
This guide will help you pick up the game much quicker, you can also avoid certain unnecessary trouble. Works for Chinese version as well as future English versions!

Click on the green letters to auto-walk to your target. Follow the in-game guidance at the beginning of the game. Keep doing main quest and you will get to join a school eventually. If you have problem solving a quest, post your questions here!

Getting Started

Follow the quest and visit your very first master.. sensei or whatever you refer him as.

Buy 2 items as shown below before going into the training ground. 自断经脉 is used to suicide while 健步功 enables you to jump slightly further. Suicide is useful in various occasion, we'll talk about that later. The rest are simple and weak skills, buy them for fun if you have extra silver to spare!

Complete your combat tutorial in training ground. Soon, you will need to run an errand for your master. Worst luck ever! You have dropped into a dried well! Won't spoil you any further. What's more important is to REMEMBER to location of the well once you have climbed out of it, we'll come back here later!

If you have bad memory, you may place a mark of the well at your location using the in-game map.

Continue with your main quest. While you are auto-walking, press 'T' to open up teleport interface. Click on '扩充' to unlock first slot using bound silver, the other 3 slots require unbound silver to unlock. You may now add a new teleport point by pressing '+' while you are in the map you wish to add!

Joining A School

Kill some dogs and you can join a school at last! Talk to the coachman. First option introduce you to all 8 schools. Second option will let you choose a school to join, you will be teleported to the school of your choice instantly, make your decision carefully!

*If you want to join Beggar, talk to 丐帮接引人 beside the coachman. He will lead you to a beggar NPC, learn begging skill from him to join.

*If you want to join Scholars, talk to 君子堂接引人 beside the coachman. Choose a literature skill of your choice and he will lead you to respective master. Learn the literature skill of your choice to join. Check Introduction to Life Skill before deciding.

Talk to 门派指引人 once you have reached the school of your choice. Choose first option to join! Choose second option if you regret at the last moment.

In The School

Continue with your quest line and you will join a school shortly after. Train the Rank 1 School Nei Gong given to you instead of ‘坐忘功'. You will want to train your school Nei Gong to at least level 21 before starting to train skills, doing so will allow you to start doing your very first forbidden ground - 暮色之村 Village in Dusk.

Before you go to learn your very first skill set, set your revive point in your school. To do this, look for an icon as shown below. Walk there, talk to the old man '百草堂医师' and choose first option.

This way, your can go back to your school quickly whenever you are dead. You can also use 自断经脉 that you learned earlier to suicide and go back to school immediately.

Proceed with main quest and learn your first skill set. Once you are done, you will need to teleport back to your starter town.

*On a side note, you can now start Training Meridian and Kung Fu Practice.

Back to Town

Go through a set of main quests and you will come across your very first Mini Instance 踢馆. A NPC will come to your aid this time so don't be afraid of going in alone.

Follow the guidance and form a party (Default hotkey 'O'), then talk to 传令 to start challenging. Follow the NPC closely, he / she will kill everything for you. Don't stray too far from him / her or you will fail the quest! Once you are at the boss, remain a distance from them and watch them fight each other.

If you are lucky, you will get 'Air Dash 穿云纵' or 'Triple Jump 扶摇步法' Qing Gong as reward!

That's all. Back to school again to continue with the main quest after this. You must have done school's main quest in order to learn second skill set, level 10 Rank 1 Nei Gong to learn third one!

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm ]

Return to the list

Signature

Dragon Nest CN - Freedom's Youtube Channel
Server: 华中电信一区
IGN: Calena (Mon)
Class: Lv 80 Tempest
Guild: Freedom

Blade & Soul CN
Server: 网通一区 - 咆哮寺院
IGN: 白柳 (v2seraph)
Class: Assassin
Guild: Freedom (Evil - 浑天教)

Bookmark and share to your friends

Sep 13, 2012 12:18 pm
Finished both main quests? You are now free to explore the game world!

Adding A Friend
Click on the speech bubble button, click search, enter / copy paste name and add as friend. Check >HERE< for a list of players playing on CN version.

Money!
Age of Wulin used ancient China's currency, we refer them as 锭 (D), 両 (L) and 文 (W).

1D = 1000L , 1L = 1000W

There are 3 types of currencies in the game:
Gold 黄金: Charge cash to get these. You can also buy golds from players using Unbound Silver.

Unbound Silver 官银: Main source comes from Kidnapping / Offline Activity. Players can also exchange Gold for Unbound Silver at 1:10 ratio. This is the currency we use to trade between players.

Bound Silver 碎银: Doing quests, spy and many more activities give Bound Silver. This is the currency we use to trade with NPC. Note that you can only use 360L Bound Silver daily.

Group Training & Kung Fu Practice
If you wish to train your Nei Gong or skills fast, don't forget to do these daily. You may check >HERE< for more details.

Starting a Group Training at Day 1 is a little hard as most player will be low on Mastery Points. Learn how to Craft Experience Potions to make sure you always have Mastery Points to spare!

Hunger

Constantly dropping HP? Have a white icon '餓' beside your minimap? That means you are hungry! Buy some buns '馒头' from player or craft some yourself!

What if I have no money and also not a Chef? You can get a friend of yours to set service similar to crafting Experience Potions. Prepare the ingredient and craft them yourself!  

Life Skill
Want to earn some Unbound Silver? Start doing some life skills! Visit respective masters to learn.

You can accept a daily quest from disciple '徒弟' beside the master, they will give you a life skill experience book once you have completed the quest. You may gain life skill experience instantly by reading these books!

Any quest with [生活] in front are life skill quests.

Check >HERE< for more details.

Setting Up a Stall
You must be in a city to stall. Click on '摊' button to set up a stall.

If you have VIP, you may also stall offline for 4 hours. Try a few more times or go to another city if you can't start stalling.

Spying Another School
Keep your Experience Points high by spying daily. Remember to take weekly spying quest from your school leader! You will also get 20 teleport medals that you can use to travel to other schools quickly.

Check >HERE< for more details.

First Miracle Encounter
Want to know how Miracle Encounter looks like? You can trigger an easy one by following the in game guidance! Many players seem to have no idea how to finish it so I'll just explain briefly here.

Click on the book '助’ under minimap and choose '江湖奇遇'. Click on those green names and go to them. Talk with him / her to get a 'Gossip 八卦'.

Buy 'Rice Wine 米酒' from '酒楼掌柜'. Next, go to said NPC and drink (Right click) Rice Wine in front of him. You will get an item '酒令', talk to the same NPC.

He will give you an item with coordinate, open up your minimap and enter coordinate to pinpoint the exact location on map. Walk around that location and voila! A secret cave!

Walk into the cave, beware of snakes! At the end of the cave, you will see 2 skeletons and a treasure box. The treasure box gives junk most of the time, some lucky player got a silver-grade weapon from it before though. Don't forget to pick up a bronze key 青铜钥匙 from the left skeleton too!

Remember the well I asked you to mark down? Time to head back there! Jump into the well again and search for a box. You can open this box with the bronze key you picked up just now... Well, pray hard and you might get good stuff from this box! There's also a note from Fort Qing Yun's last boss 仇恨天, you can safely throw it away.

Formation Gui Yuan
Reached level 21 Rank 1 Nei Gong? You can now learn the second formation - 归元阵. It is a 6 men formation and its attacking skill only has 4 seconds CD! Visit 石夫人 at 洛阳 Luo Yang (1077, 752) to start the quest.

You are required to kill a mini boss after a little bit of chit-chat. It is recommended that you party before going as the mini boss is tough to solo.

Back to 石夫人 after killing him. She will ask you to get her few '秋生手札', they can be found at second floor.

Setup a party ALONE and go into Fort Qing Yun, talk to 醉秋生 near entrance to finish the quest.  

Village of Dawn
This will most likely be your first forbidden ground in game. While you can enter the normal mode at level 6 Rank 1 Nei Gong... I simply do not recommend doing so. Not only you will die fast, the reward wasn't that attractive too.

You should start after learning Formation Gui Yuan. Anyway  refer to >This Guide< to find out more!

That's all folks. The newbie guide ends here. You are on your own to explore the world of Wu Lin from now on!

Refer HERE for more guides! Let me know below if there's anything you are not clear of.

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Sep 18, 2012 9:03 am ]

Signature

Blade & Soul CN

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 13, 2012 12:18 pm
    Frequently Asked Quest-ions!
    Post school-related quests at this thread. I'll try to compile all the general quests here.

Q: I can't submit a quest!?
    A: That quest probably have multiple rewards. Choose one to proceed!

======================================

Q: How do I delete certain items that require confirmation?

A: Copy & paste '删除' into the box.

Q: How to get rid of these debuffs?

A: Finish your main quest and you will be cured forever.

Q: How to finish this??

A: Click on respective item showed at the moving bar.

Q: What is this!?

A: Enter a secondary password twice. Next time, whenever you login, you will have to enter secondary password that you set earlier to use items in your inventory. It is extremely troublesome to reset so don't mess up!

Q: What about this!?

A: Handphone verification. Ignore.

Q: OMG this!?

A: Weekly spying quest. Complete spying on 5 schools, 4 times each. You will get 70 school medals as reward.

Q: Errr???

A: Activate formation 三才阵 as a party leader. Get 2 other party members to step on yellow dot.

Q:...

A: Play Bejeweled - Chain 4 gems, 3 combos, use tool once, use skill once.

A: Join or create a guild.

A: Kill a kidnapper. Rescue kidnapped player from sack.

A: Buy 5x 蒙汗药 from Grocery Shop. Pass quest then kidnap and sell the player. Check How to Kidnap for more details.

A: Select any NPC in your starter town, right click on their portrait. Choose '赠送礼物', gift them '陈年美酒' in your inventory.

Q: What item is this?

A: Medal you get from School War. You can exchange them for reputation at '门派战管理员' in main cities.

Q: How do I get more inventory space?
    A: Buy bags from players or craft them yourself if you are a Goldsmith or Tailor.

A: Click on '我的战场' to enter battlefield.

A: Dismantle the shirt given to you at tailor, then combine dismantled item. Do the same thing for Blacksmith & Goldsmith quest.

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Sep 29, 2012 9:52 am ]

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
    Sep 14, 2012 6:05 pm
    :D !!!!!!! That FAQ! Answered all questions I was gonna ask tomorrow haha ^o^~ The quests without greens are tricky to understand without someones translation, so thankies :) Great guide, this will save a lot of time for new players, and nerves for oldies to answer all the same questions haha!

Signature

cDN - [FREEDOM] メ★ - Tempest
    cDN - [FREEDOM] ★Sun★ - Blade Dancer
    cDN - OhSun - Sniper
    Sep 15, 2012 10:11 pm
    Hi. What are school medals used for and how do you get them?

Sep 15, 2012 11:43 pm
    it was answered in other topics, dont be lazy and check forum before asking, they have own things to do 2

Signature

Sep 16, 2012 8:57 am
    Reply 4#  76.*.*.233

Check School Spying guide.

Signature

Blade & Soul CN

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 16, 2012 1:42 pm
      Very nice guide. Thank you very much!!!

Sep 17, 2012 10:11 am
      My graphic card go up to 65-70 sometimes more than 70 Celsius when i play on Max settings is that normal ?

Signature

http://share.payoneer-affiliates.com/a/clk/jysFR
      Sep 17, 2012 10:29 am
      Reply 8#  Rokwood

what card You have

Signature

Sep 17, 2012 11:57 am
      Reply 8#  Rokwood

Hmm.. Mine is around 40~50 with following setting.

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
      Sep 17, 2012 12:12 pm
      Reply 10#  v2seraph

activate all and than try, i use 6770

Signature

http://share.payoneer-affiliates.com/a/clk/jysFR

MMOsite Special Offer

Sep 19, 2012 5:05 am
        WOW very helpful guide , many thank Seraph

Dec 14, 2012 1:32 am

Shaolin Skills

Emei Skills

Tang Skills

Wudang Skills

Beggar's Skills

Scholar's Skills

Blissful Valley Skills

Royal Guard's Skills

Signature

Dec 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Did they change something? i bought the books but i cannot enter the training ground im on this quest [img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4836/questww.png[/img] what is it telling me?

Jan 22, 2013 9:25 am
        [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by 79.*.*.93 at Dec 15, 2012 11:34 pm
        Did they change something? i bought the books but i cannot enter the training ground im on this quest [img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4836/questww.png[/img] what is it telling me? [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/263/20120913/Newbie_Guide_Starting_Your_Journey_Read_if_you_are_new_to_the_game-50523143b8f793a13-1.html#p50cd7970e952e8][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]I've the same problem. :)

Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm
        need a complete translation on the guidelines for the pin if you would XD

MMOsite Special Offer

Aug 30, 2014 2:31 am
          great guild, this game looks interesting.

Quick Reply:Newbie Guide: Starting Your Journey! (Read if you are new to the game!)

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »