Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Age of Wushu (Age of Wulin) Introduction to Age of Wulin: Growing Your Character!

Introduction to Age of Wulin: Growing Your Character!

May 25, 2012 3:35 am
Age of Wulin: Growing Your Character

Most MMORPG requires you to grow your character in order to challenge tougher monsters, dungeons and more, Age of Wulin is no exception! AoW's character growth is unique and at the same time, complicated.

How to obtain Experience (历练)? What it does?
Check how much Experience you have by clicking on the Yin Yang icon below your character portrait.

Various actions in the game can earn you Experience Points. Whether when you're walking, riding a horse, performing life skills etc. Experience Points cannot be used.

You can get a large amount of Experience Points by >Spying Another School< or completing raid dungeons.

Experience will be converted to Mastery Points every 100 seconds. Non-VIP will only get 70% of the converted Mastery Points, another 30% will go into reserved pool. These reserved Mastery Points can be reclaimed by spending Gold.

There are various methods to increase the conversion rate:
● School Patrol (10%)
● Guild territory patrol (30%)
● EXP conversion potion (25%, 50%, 100%, 150% or 250%, only 1 can be consumed at a time, maximum of 35 times per week) Click for more details
● Fortune Telling (6 times per day, up to 400%)
● Praying (2%, 4% or 6%, maximum of 10 times per day)
● Winning a world PVP ring (10%)
● Losing a world PVP ring (5%)

Experience Grades
Obtained experiences were divided into 5 grades: (Note that non-VIP will only get 70% converted points)

Grade 1: (10 mastery / 100 sec)
Obtained from - Spying, Patrolling, Rob Book Event etc

Grade 2: (20 mastery / 100 sec)
Obtained from - Spying, Patrolling, Rob Book Event etc

Grade 3: (50 mastery / 100 sec)
Obtained from - Main Quest, School Quest, Spying, Patrolling, Rob Book Event etc

Grade 4: (100 mastery / 100 sec)
Obtained from - Complete Instances (踢馆), Main Quest, School Quest, Spying, Patrolling, Rob Book Event etc

Grade 5: (200 mastery / 100 sec)
Obtained from - Complete Instances (踢馆) / Raid Dungeons (禁地), Main Quest, School Quest, Spying, Patrolling, Protect Caravan, Rob Book Event etc

Confused? Explanation below!

Eg. I have completed spying once and I got 160 experience from that, ALL 160 experience points MAY be categorized as grade 5. (If you're unlucky, you may get grade 1 or 2 instead)

Once you have collected all 5 grades of experiences, your base mastery points conversion would be (10 + 20 + 50 + 100 + 200 = 380 mastery / 100 sec for VIP, 266 mastery / 100 sec for non-VIP).

What if I ran out of 3rd and 5th grade experience? Your base mastery points conversion would then be ([10 + 20 + 100] * 70% = 91 mastery / 100 sec for non-VIP ). VIP members will have still have 360 mastery / 100 sec conversion as the system will automatically distribute your experience points equally to each grades.

Mastery Points 修为

Mastery Points are used to train your skills. There are 3 training methods, see below:

Internal Training 内修

The basic training method. Your skill will level automatically when you choose this mode and you are free to do anything you wish. If you have VIP status, your skill will continue to level even when you're offline.

Kung Fu Practice 演武

You can spend non-tradable silvers to level your skill for a limited time per day. If you wish to use this mode to train further, you will have to spend tradable silvers.

There are 3 different potions for you to choose from, the more expensive it is, the more Mastery Points will be transited to your skill level. Note that amount transited are random.

*It is recommended that you train using non-tradable silvers to limit every day. Spending 150 tradable silvers will enable double non-tradable silvers limit for 7 days.

Party Training 团练

Another MUST DO daily routine. You can often find players gathering at places with Environment Bonus. (Will be explained later) Join them for party training, you skill will level EXTREMELY FAST!

To apply for Party Training, click on the player who has '团练' above him, right click on his portrait and choose '申请团练'.

You can also join by clicking on '点击加入' at General channel when the leader is auto-shouting.

Make sure you have roughly 80,000 Mastery Points and have chosen a skill you wish to train before you start !

You are required to challenge a mini game when it is your turn. To success in the challenge, you will need to press the keys in correct sequence on your screen which consist of UP (W), DOWN (S), LEFT (A), RIGHT (D) + J, K .

You will need to start all over again if you pressed a key wrongly. It will get harder as the training goes on. Stay in front of the party if you are not confident in this mini game!

Example of key combinations for 10th person.

The more people in a party, the higher the converted EXP will be! A small amount of mastery points will be converted to your skill total EXP for every successful attempt. If anyone failed to press in time, the converted EXP will be much lower and thus wasting everyone's time.

Every 800 mastery points equals to 1% fatigue. Once your fatigue reaches 100%, you won't be able to convert EXP anymore. VIP players will reach max fatigue at faster rate as they convert 30% more mastery points compared to normal players. Max fatigue does not increase though.

There are 4 party training modes: 10, 15, 20 or 25 turns. The fastest way to reach 100% fatigue would be doing 25 turns and 10 turns once each. (Assuming no one made mistakes) You may check each party training's details at Party Training interface.

VIP members will get roughly 80k Meridian Chi (~15k for Non-VIP) upon reaching 100% fatigue!

Lastly, party training can be interrupted if someone decided to attack you for no good reason.

Environment Bonus 宝地加成

You can further increase your training speed  by staying at certain environment.

*Staying in city or school will slow down your training speed by 8%.

You can check the attribute of your skill from skill training interface. Go to the corresponding location and start training! You will get bonus mastery points by party training at these environment. (Bonus does not count toward fatigue)

*Cave is the best choice if you wish to train with players from different schools.

Mountain = 山 | Water = 水 | Cave = 洞 | Forest = 森 | Snow = 雪 | City / School = 市

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

Dragon Nest CN - Freedom's Youtube Channel
Server: 华中电信一区
IGN: Calena (Mon)
Class: Lv 80 Tempest
Guild: Freedom

Blade & Soul CN
Server: 网通一区 - 咆哮寺院
IGN: 白柳 (v2seraph)
Class: Assassin
Guild: Freedom (Evil - 浑天教)

Bookmark and share to your friends

May 27, 2012 6:10 am
Just another point to add, there are many trolls around that will initiate a PK which can interupt the Party Training....

MMOsite Special Offer

May 30, 2012 3:02 pm
    @v2seraph party training can be done with diff clans?

Signature

May 30, 2012 3:35 pm
    Reply 2#  AresPL

Yes.

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
    May 30, 2012 11:53 pm
    can you do a guide on when and how we can obtain the advance skill set from our school? thnx in advance

May 31, 2012 1:09 am
    Reply 4#  151.*.*.29

Hmm will do in next couple of days.

You need 30k reputation and roughly 150 medals to exchange the most basic one. (200 or more medals if you are truly unlucky)

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
    May 31, 2012 1:20 am
    you are referring to getting the pages to make a book for the next chi (internal strength) rank.

I'm referring to the advanced school fighting skills.

MMOsite Special Offer

May 31, 2012 1:42 am
      Reply 6#  151.*.*.29

erm, you mean the the level 6/7 of the basic fighting skills?

Or a new skillset besides the basic 3 ?

Apparently, there are only 3 skillsets currently.

Another 4th skillset is expected in future update, but noet yet open currently (is this what you are refering to?).

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
      Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
      Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

May 31, 2012 1:45 am
      yes, I mean the 4th skillset. I thought that they have already released it in a previous patch.

Jun 7, 2012 1:45 pm
      guys are U sure that this attribute table works? I am in cave and I have 10% while according to table I should have 20

Signature

Jun 7, 2012 1:58 pm
      Reply 9#  AresPL

you are training neigong rite?

It's 10% for neigong in cave.. according to the table.

If you are training 刚 OR 阴 skill, then it will be 20%.

Signature

Jun 7, 2012 2:12 pm
      刚 , in cave changed from 1,48 to 1,43 lol I speed it up a bit with cash, then from 18 min outside cave, changed to 17 in cave, thats not 20% or does game show same time, but numbers on timer tick faster?

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 7, 2012 3:28 pm
        Hmm.. I double checked the table and it shows 20%. Might have mistake :o

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
        Jun 7, 2012 7:48 pm
        damn I dont get it, maybe this cave is 2 small, I was testing and moving around and had 175, now getting 140 cant find good spot lol

Signature

Jun 17, 2012 8:58 pm
        You guys know any snow environment? Ive been llooking for snow for 2 days now :(

Jun 17, 2012 11:46 pm
        Reply 14#  silkroad

Jiming Yi. It's located northeast of world map. It's also one of the starting cities.

Signature

Server: 电信一 - 白马岩
        IGN: 林冶坪
        School: School
        Jun 22, 2012 4:14 am
        i have trouble finding these Environments, especially Mountain.

Is there anything i can read in-game to help me differentiate the Environment place from the normal?

Same goes to Water. In some waterfall, there is Water, and some doesnt have >.<"

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 22, 2012 9:20 am
          Reply 16#  218.*.*.205

in top left corner U see icon, near it sometimes show sign which represent place

Signature

Jul 5, 2012 2:00 am
          I been doing offline neigong training. My mastery pts depleting very fast. Any other way to boost exp? I been doing spying but mastery drain still very fast.

Jul 6, 2012 12:23 am
          Reply 18#  cosmer

There are various methods to increase the conversion rate:
          ● School Patrol (10%)
          ● Stay in a guild territory (30%)
          ● EXP conversion potion (25%, 50%, 100%, 150% or 250%, only 1 can be consumed at a time, maximum of 35 times per week)
          ● Fortune Telling (6 times per day, up to 200%)

You shouldn't have any problem with mastery point..

I currently have 2.5mil of mastery point.... =.=

Signature

Quick Reply:Introduction to Age of Wulin: Growing Your Character!

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »