Bam! You didn’t think we’d make it this week but who’s laughing now! (Probably you since you just got a sweet new Dota 2 update).
This might be our biggest update yet. Outworld Destroyer joins us this week, along with a ton of new features. Here are some highlights:
- Added new game mode: Single Draft.
- Added querying of dead units. This lets you click allied portraits in the top bar to inspect their items and skills, even when they’re dead.
- Queued move commands show a waypoint flag briefly.
- Added new settings panel.
- Matchmaking displays average wait time for each region.
- New interface for finding lobbies.
- New Matchmaking panel.
- Players can chat and use voice communications while the game is paused.
- Added game mode (AP, SD, CM) selection for matchmaking.
- You can now find replays by MatchID from the Watch panel.
- Added Grid Mode to the Shop.
- Added Repick functionality to the hero picking panel (costs 100 gold to repick, lets you select a hero again).
- Implemented “Suggest invite to party” menu option.
- You can now see which heroes your allies are about to pick.
- Added Steam avatars in the scoreboard.
- Added the ability to jump to any position in a replay.
This update will be available to the main Dota 2 client. The new Test Build release schedule will start next week.