Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) DN KR 8th Apr: Saint & Dark Avenger Boost

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

DN KR 8th Apr: Saint & Dark Avenger Boost

Apr 9, 2015 12:56 pm
So by saying
"Healing 110k ticks AS A HEALER CLASS WITH 100K FREAKING ATTACK, DOUBLE BUFFING HIS HEALING RELICS AT THAT, in an environment where bosses can easily inflict 600k+ damage is immensely sad."

and

"No revamp to Saints and Physicians will ever help more than taking a sledgehammer to Light Fury directly."

you basically say:
- Saint healing capabilities is crap.
- LF is nowadays primary healer
- Its not fair, so instead of boosting Saint, lets cut balls of LF and will have 2 heallers with crap healing capabilities.
And what then with "600k+ dmg" from bosses? Who will deal with heal then?

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Apr 9, 2015 1:20 pm
Alright then. I'll be the bigger person and bow out of this because I know at this point there's no getting through here. It's the endless cycle, just with different people. Sorry.

I should say in regards to the guy above me, if the devs do cut LF healing capabilities, the game's design will eventually rebalance itself around that.

I am fully aware that War Mages have yet to get theirs too. They're the only class left, I guess. Poor Ceru.
---

On a side note.

Take whatever you want from this. It was the only decent footage I can get. I really hope the mini relics not summoning sometimes gets fixed, and I hope even more that the short duration of the mini relics is extended so that you aren't forced to commit to using SoR immediately.

Beyond that, it's a fairly good update for soloing. The delay connecting to kDN just hampers what can really be done.

[ The post was edited by SaitoHikari at Apr 9, 2015 1:32 pm ]

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
- [NA] SaitoHikari (Saint) and Alilatias (Artillery), leader of <Salvation>
- [kDN] SaitoHikar (Saint), member of <1HP>

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 9, 2015 1:44 pm
    Just don't throw yourself and others into extremes. It's all will rapidly lead to "sh!t-on-a-fan" situation.

Apr 9, 2015 2:24 pm
    -deleted, new results later-

[ The post was edited by SaitoHikari at Apr 12, 2015 9:51 am ]

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
    Apr 9, 2015 4:57 pm

This video made me laugh

Apr 9, 2015 6:57 pm
    Pretty cool....for solo at least.
    And btw how long can mini relic stay? 1 sec? SHould have been 3 or 5 secs or something but that's just me.

Apr 9, 2015 7:37 pm
    +10000

delete assasin :3

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 10, 2015 12:51 am
      Did a retest of mini relic debuff. A proper one. The last one got so screwed because Blessing of Strikes is needed to summon the three mini relics, and that messes with the attack potion. I had to reduce weapon durability to 0 for a proper test.

My previous post has been edited with the details.

---

You can probably imagine my thought process as I was filming this. Out of the 15 or so videos I took, this was one of my average runs.

Let me start out by saying that setting up two lightning relics to mini-relic into RR is NOT WORTH IT. AT ALL.

There are SO MANY THINGS that can go wrong while you're trying to set that up to the point where you're more likely to lose all your damage, because you got smacked during the final few seconds of the rotation or the enemy runs away/i-frames right when you finally decide to unleash RR. Not to mention the game randomly deciding that it won't allow you to left click to summon mini relics in the first place, or the mini relics won't show up at all even after you DO activate the summoning.

You are also likely to do more damage just simply using a 1 LR RR than spending all that extra time saving it for setting up two RR. The only situation where two relic RR may be justified is what I was doing in the first video, summoning them apart to cover as much ground in order to take out as many mobs as possible. But during a boss fight? Will probably backfire.

You want to know the best part? Since mini relic summoning is tied to Blessing of Strikes, you will have even less time to pull it off in an actual raid, because you know what else needs Blessing of Strikes? Double buffing your Healing Relic.

I know this because I ran RDN memoria earlier today, and basically had NO time to set up a 2 Lightning Relic SoR because usually something would happen that would force me to throw out a Healing Relic during my attempt and double buff it to heal more, thus throwing out any idea of trying to set up such an offense for the next 10 seconds after.

I'm not saying the difficulty in doing so is really a bad thing. I'm just leaving this here as a reality check for all the people that are somehow wowed by that Gardener test video above and claiming that Saints are suddenly a burst damage class. Especially all the people in one particular thread at the SEA forums.

Signature

Apr 10, 2015 1:16 am
      so in DN SEA, potential and suffix will be removed permanently, is the accessories included? in cDN and kDN was the potential of the accessories was kept or also converted to jade system?

Apr 10, 2015 1:21 am
      Potential of accessories was kept.

I've already taken steps to ensure that will be the case in NA too. Although I have no idea what the hell SEA is doing. Then again, NA staff at first thought it extended to accessories too, until I explained exactly what happened in kDN.

Signature

Apr 10, 2015 3:50 am
      Reply 18#  SaitoHikari

I highly doubt that I make things seem better than they are, as far as I know many people think I have destroyed their classes. ^^ If there has been any overstatement, feel free to point them out.

I do know that some of my posts and opinions have been blown out of proportion. However I don't really care so much for that, what I wish for people to understand is the idea of "the right tool for the job". While I primarily discuss the optimization of DPS, seeking the fastest possible clear is only one aspect to the game. Do exploration teams start with the best party composition available? No. I believe I have touched on this point with you before, regarding raid clears. Parties tend to gain more going for greater survival while exploring and familiarizing themselves with the raid, while the full blown DPS line-ups only emerge later. How is what we have seen not indicative of this? Saints are being taken for RDN exploration, pre-boost.

It is highly improbable I have to point out what irks people about Light Fury. On the flip side though, how many claims of "I hate meditating" do we get? I myself get bored of it, one reason I hardly ever run in parties on my LF. How many of you are prepared to have your classes meditate in order to produce the same effectiveness as a Light Fury? There is no doubt that in terms of effort:result, LF wins pretty much hands down compared to probably every other class in the game. That does not mean that LF doesn't have to pay a price for his capabilities. And LF is not omnipotent, every other healer has something they fare better than LF at.

If you can't beat them, join them. If one doesn't like the playstyle but want their class to enjoy the same power, then just think about what it is that one is truly demanding.

No, I'm not aware of those jokes. However those jokes don't mean much to me. The idea that class selection/composition is the most important consideration of a player/party is absolutely ridiculous. At any one point, there's a theoretical lineup of the 8 best classes to take. It hardly means that one will have the gear, experience, adaptability etc. to pull off a raid clear. (while it is still hard) Even assuming that these 8 classes are not repeated, 23 as of now will be left in the dust. So what if your class is one of those 8? Does not being part of those 8 prevent you from clearing content?

People need to learn to enjoy the game. The math portion of the game, while fascinating (to some), is only an abstract of what the game is about. "Wow, we killed everything like it was Minotaur Nest". Does that sound fun to people aside from Tarkel and his type? I won't say the journey is more important than its end, but what does the end even mean when people are not enjoying the journey in a game?

There is a bright side (and not so bright side) to the Saint boost. I totally agree with that. Personally I found Heal Relic to be crap compared to Heal in terms of effectiveness in VCN pre-boost. At least it should fare better now... should. There's a difference between the relic going boom and not giving full pulses, compared to actually surviving and doing its job. Also for those who asked me about why no Heal Relic -CD, it's just a good lol. The normal argument is that Heal Relic has to be properly timed so that it doesn't die (unfortunately some people will die if you delay it...), so how do you even intend to cast it off CD?

As for how much you care for Saint and his boost, I think people reading the thread can decide for themselves ^^

Nevertheless, thank you very much for all the efforts you have made, it is rather interesting to watch the boost in action.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      Apr 10, 2015 3:53 am
      Reply 20#  92.*.*.199

1. Don't get hit (so much)
      2. Focus on damage mitigation instead of recovering health lost (This is much better than healing in the first place)

This is not a good argument against nerfing LF. I don't care if LF is nerfed or not, but not nerfing something because it makes the game much easier is an argument that is going to convince people... not = ="

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 10, 2015 9:38 am
        That is very true... I just wish people wouldnt want such an easy clear with nest because of LF...lols i mean i dont want the nest to be like extremely hard to clear. I personally love it when it takes me around 45min to an hour to beat a nest xD.
        Gives me a feel of relief and accomplishment when im facing a challenge, not to mention if the exploration team itself takes  days.
        I remember like a month or 2 ago i entered gdn hc with my friends and we had belin gear on with our 80weps for a good dmg out put but low chance of survival xD

mobile forum
        posted via cellphone

Apr 10, 2015 11:38 am
        sieg_freedom

Sieg it was actually rhetorical question. Bcos of person "burning" to much.

Apr 10, 2015 9:33 pm
        http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-42764233-1-1.html

Extension Arrow has been fixed to explode immediately upon contact
        Wind Shot dealing no damage has become an even more common occurrence

by 橘子

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        Apr 10, 2015 9:48 pm
        Poor, poor Snipers. Although it could be a latency thing. Like how my mini relics just refuse to summon sometimes.

That Extension Arrow thing is actually a huge buff for PvP, because the initial explosion frequently pushes enemies out of the way before the arrows split. Non-EX didn't have that issue, so some PvP Artillery in NA actually never picked up that EX at all. But oh lord are my Sniper PvP friends going to have a field day with that info (that + the fact that the Magical Breeze plate goes into PvP too).

---

I've had time to think about the Saint revamp and play around a bit more. I've come to realize that 80 cap is freakin' all over the place in terms of content design.

- Volcano Nest: Bosses can nuke your HP.
        - Volcano Challenge Nest: Bosses can nuke your HP -even more-
        - Red Dragon Nest: Bosses can't nuke you. Instead, they kill you through burn ticks and stage mechanics.

If I had to guess, the revamps are designed around RDN.

It's like how the Physician and Guardian revamps didn't make any sense until RDN Memoria 1 came out. So the new Healing Relic amount I find is actually enough for that, while the absurd healing amount from LF was designed for the early 80 cap content environment (and LF ends up being the worst curing class for RDN).

The revamp is actually really damn good if you think about it through that sense.

Signature

Apr 12, 2015 9:57 am
        I need to amend one of the earlier observations in regards to testing mini relic debuff.

- Base halfturn kick damage: 3113
        - Halfturn kick damage with mini relics: 4047 (3113 x 1.3)

As it turns out, while the Reverse Bless tooltip says that mini relics provide a 10% increase in damage taken debuff, it is actually PER MINI RELIC. So the true increase is really 30%. However, mini relics from 2 lightning relics do not stack, so it remains at 30% even then.

This means Saints by themselves can provide 60% debuff (mini relics + bind relic). A great boon to parties that lack such debuffs, especially fire parties. A Saint + Paladin party can already hit cap by themselves.
        ---

Integration gave me a Lightning Relic CD plate. Many thanks. <3

HOLY BALLS IT MAKES SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE. ALL THAT MOB CLEARING. THAT 12000% NUKE AT THE END. LIKE CRAY.

[ The post was edited by SaitoHikari at Apr 12, 2015 10:13 pm ]

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 21, 2015 12:10 pm
          *kicks thread*

Another kDN patch today. Further boosts to Dark Avengers and Saints. Already translated by Integration here:

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/community/forum#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1413758-KDN-2015-04-22-Update%26nxid%3D62

[Dark Avenger]

[Soul Cutter]
          - (PVP) Can now target knocked down opponents

[Doom Blade-Before Transformation]
          - (PVP/PVE) DMG reduction while casting
          - (PVP/PVE) 2 Bubbles generated after casting
          - (PVP) Super Armor increase while casting

[Vengeance Storm-Before Transformation]
          - (PVP/PVE) DMG reduction while casting

[Dark Crash-Before Transformation]

[Step Blade]
          - (PVP/PVE) Bubbles not required anymore to use the skill

[Dark Riser-Before Transformation]
          - (PVP/PVE) Super Armor significantly increased

[Avenger Force]
          - (PVP) Cooldown reduced from 35 sec to 30 sec

[Saint]

- Relic of Heal EX: Heal Amount Increased
          - Reverse Bless: Small Relics summoning duration have been increased

Signature

Apr 21, 2015 12:33 pm
          Reply 37#  SaitoHikari

Ok...now i hope holy shield is revamped ( a little...) they only change the graphic O.O!

For me the dark party don't have "-dark resist" and i think put 15-20% on AW is a good idea, or maybe put a tank dark with "-dark resist"....The dark is incomplete ( the ice don't exist)

On Topic again: the saint maybe can return for the slot of full support ( you can't take in a fire party a psychian because guardian + saint 100% moltiplicator....) now see how the devs want to milk...I want say "balance" the game ^^ because the fire party have stack ( seleana + adept) and decuplicator ( ripper= raid+ dedicate crow) and a think that nobody never THINK= if you use convinct aura + arstonist = 60% res fire( with cow riser) .....Damage of burn 200.000....become 80.000....Wow so much balance XD

Good day at all

Apr 22, 2015 2:46 am
          Reply 38#  Esnear

I'm curious, since when did Fire Resist reduce burn damage? ^^

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
          DDN Wild Party Guide