Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) DN KR 8th Apr: Saint & Dark Avenger Boost

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

DN KR 8th Apr: Saint & Dark Avenger Boost

Apr 7, 2015 5:54 am
DN KR 8th April Update Note

Saint

Holy Shield
(PVE/PVP) Skill AOE is increased
(PVE/PVP) The effect of skill AOE is added.

Lightning Relic EX
(PVE) HP of relic is increased significantly; damage received is reduced.

Healing Relic EX
(PVE) CD is reduced.

Cure Relic EX
(PVE) Additional effect: increase surrouding party members’ moving speed for a certain duration

Relic of Hold EX
(PVE)  HP of relic is increased significantly; damage received is reduced.
(PVE) Increase the effect of damage debuff.

Bless of Rebirth
(PVE) Enhance the effect of Striking (Attack) Buff

Mini Relic
After summoning Lightning Relic EX, if you cast Striking (Attack) Buff around it, and press normal attack, “Mini Relic” can be summoned

Up to 3 Mini Relics can be summoned around  a Lightning Relic EX.  The damage of the summoned relic is a certain percentage of the Lightning Relic nearby.  A damage debuff with a certain duration is applied to the target attacked by the Mini Relic

The Mini Relic duration is very short. Similar to other relics, Shock of Relic can be applied to these Mini Relics as well and deal damage to enemies.

Priest

Healing Relic
(PVE) Healing effect is reduced

Bless of Light
(PVE) Additional effect: fire and ice elemental attack buff.

Cleric

Healing Hand
(PVE) CD is reduced
(PVE) Buff duration is reduced

Elemental Lord

Flame Road
(PVE/PVP) Blink can be used during casting.

Saleana

Flame Road EX
(PVE/PVP) Blink can be used during casting.

Dark Avenger

Soul Cutter
(PVE/PVP) The effect of reducing phy & mag defence is changed to reducing fire elemental resist. (the value of reduction is the same)

Dark Crash
(PVE/PVP) Reduce damage received while casting; superarmor is increased.

Dark Crash EX
(PVE/PVP) Reduce damage received while casting; superarmor is increased.

Trans Dark Avenger
(PVE) CD is reduced.

Trans Dark Avenger EX (B)
(PVE) Additional critical increase effect.

Reference:
http://dn.happyoz.com/news/notice/read.asp?0pb3A1k0AHX0B95TU0XrxOJ1ADWR70Dbi9F4OtBiV3G3COL0

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Apr 8, 2015 2:44 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Apr 7, 2015 6:56 am
How is that a Saleana boost -_-"

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 7, 2015 7:24 am
    Reply 1#  112.*.*.206

I'm honestly delighted someone actually gets it. ^^ I saw "Saleana boost" on duowan, read the description and thought "wtf, how does this change anything"

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    Apr 7, 2015 7:30 am
    Poor salaena....Is that REALLY a boost?
    -Glanced at DA's boost-
    Ok really? Why do they EVEN need a boost?

Apr 7, 2015 8:49 am
    ....So is the light dmg gain on cure relic pve wise gonna be fixed?.....because that 5% is still kinda messed up qq

mobile forum
    posted via cellphone

Apr 7, 2015 8:59 am
    Reply 2#  sieg_freedom

lol, ok i removed the "Saleana Boost" word haha

With this boost to Saint, it seems like the only old class which has not received any boost since 1+ year is Smasher..

Hope they would boost it in the upcoming update :D

http://www.freedomplays.com/dragon-nest-skill-boost-review/

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Apr 7, 2015 2:16 pm ]

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
    Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
    Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Apr 7, 2015 5:22 pm
    Haha that Saleana boost is so not boost.. ppl who play Saleana will know that Saleana gameplay requires precise timing and opportunity grabbing, rather than just pressing skills any time like any other classes. That blink is totally unneeded since no Saleana would want to spam their flame road in nest, not when the nest smells bad with stomps here and there.

Same goes to Saint boost too... that is so not boost if its still going to make Saint the lowest supporter of all, under Phys (PB heal <3) and the god of supporter, LF.

Anyway with Priest having fire buff, now that make fire raid composition complete
    - Paladin with aura
    - Priest with BOL
    - Saleana for fire resist
    - Ripper for fire resist, fire atk and fire def
    - Adept for fire resist
    - DA for fire buff and fire resist (?)
    - ??
    - ??

Last 2 slots i would prefer Phys and Elestra in.

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 8, 2015 2:59 am
      Reply 5#  chaose5

Lol ^^

Smasher "technically" did get an upgrade

- Force Mirror EX range extension
      - Arcane plate change

Though both were useless... still before Saint though.

Also before people go crazy with elemental party compositions, elemental damage deals with just 2 multipliers.... there are other important considerations for maximizing damage over just focusing on specific multipliers, all of which suffer from diminishing returns. (and in the case of fire attack buffs, is capped at +100%)

Edit: My god... this Saint boost is just "amazing". Rofl.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      Apr 8, 2015 10:56 am
      My condensed write-up on what the Saint revamp has achieved thus far.

---

If anything, this revamp was good ON PAPER, but on a practical sense when it comes to applying it to the current DN environment, it actually falls flat on its face.

- Relics can actually tank stuff now. But this was really supposed to be a bug fix in the first place, not a new feature. Especially since it also applies to base relics.
      - Lightning Relic mini-summons + SoR is nice burst damage, I suppose. But still not very rewarding for the amount of setup it takes.
      - 15% movement speed on Cure Relic is nice, I'll admit.
      - Bind Relic EX effect increase is also pretty nice. It actually covers one of the primary weaknesses of fire parties, and that is their lack of general damage debuffs.
      - Blessing of Light now granting an additional +15% Fire and Ice Attack is nice too. Although Ice parties aren't a thing yet, and supposedly Fire can already reach something like +70% already without a Saint anyway.

But the fact of the matter is, the revamp didn't do anything to improve Saint healing capabilities at all. In fact, a lot of people were already in agreement that Saints needed a buff to heal amount. But Healing Relic's heal amount got chopped in half, and in theory the CD reduction will mean that Saints can heal twice as often, but twice as often of basically nothing at this point is still nothing.

If anything, all it means now is that Healing Relic can't be reliably used to save someone that is under attack anymore. We have to fall back on a 60 second CD Aura of Healing for that.

Below is an analysis by a kDN Saint who can actually self-buff himself up to 100k attack.

http://dn.happyoz.com/community/ ... 4UPXR01LHAUR0NbJnq3

Healing 110k ticks AS A HEALER CLASS WITH 100K FREAKING ATTACK, DOUBLE BUFFING HIS HEALING RELICS AT THAT, in an environment where bosses can easily inflict 600k+ damage is immensely sad. That kDN Saint even apparently recommends the devs to return Healing Relic back to the way it was before the revamp.

It's the exact same problem that Holy Shield has suffered from since 70 cap brought in new HP and boss damage standards, and the devs didn't do ANYTHING to fix Holy Shield's core problems at that.

Over here in the NA forums, we even did a comparison on the healing skills from the three primary healing classes. It's blatantly obvious how far behind Saints are.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/community/forum#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1407279-KDN-2015-04-08-Saint-Revamp-Update%2Fpage15%26nxid%3D62

The situation is literally so bad I've had Inquisitors I used to respect come up and tell me something unfathomably stupid like 'Saint can be taken to fire parties as an OFF-HEALER class now, and his Healing Relic has an uptime of 1/3rd so that means party members will have 20% damage reduction 1/3rd of the time'.

Even though I kind of get the latter half of the point, the fact of the matter is, Saint's OTHER heal has a 60 second CD, while Light Fury and Physicians have theirs on 15 second CDs. So F**King what, Light Fury is still going to be primary healer in a fire party? Especially considering meditate means easy double buffing of summons, and Adept fire pillars count as summons and can thus be double buffed for more damage too.

This also emphasizes something else I've been saying for a while: No revamp to Saints and Physicians will ever help more than taking a sledgehammer to Light Fury directly.

EDIT:

On further thought, maybe we've been looking at this revamp wrong. Maybe the goal of this revamp was to have Saints compete with Inquisitors in a party, when what we really wanted was to compete with Light Fury. After all, what Fire party is going to take an Inquisitor anyway?

The devs definitely succeeded when it comes to having Saints compete with Inquisitor in a non-Light setup. But depending on who you ask though, that was a non-issue in the first place because what non-Light setup even took a Priest before the revamp?

They failed spectacularly when it comes to the topic of Light Fury. (They pretty much indirectly buffed Light Fury's position as a primary healer, ESPECIALLY in light parties now that Inquisitors can no longer fulfill that role.)

[ The post was edited by SaitoHikari at Apr 8, 2015 12:30 pm ]

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
      - [NA] SaitoHikari (Saint) and Alilatias (Artillery), leader of <Salvation>
      - [kDN] SaitoHikar (Saint), member of <1HP>
      Apr 8, 2015 6:10 pm
      [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20150407/DN_KR_8th_Apr_Saint_Dark_Avenger_Boost-5523d393cd56bc913-1.html#p5524fc00a5a40f]7#[/url] [i]sieg_freedom[/i][/b] [br] [br]I agree it might not be as effective as other raid party that fully utilizes every damage multiplier available. In the case of fire party that i suggested, at least it has another 2 damage multipliers aside from fire resist and fire atk, in which all 2 can be pulled of to its highest efficiency.
      - Ice stack from 2 classes, so practically should be able to maintain 3 layers most of the time.
      - Dmg increase buff from at least 3 classes there (Paladin, Phys and Saint) for 100% damage increase.
      - Damage multiplicator from Ripper's dedicate crow. Not the best you can get but at least better than nth lol.

Yeah might not be the best setup there compared to setup that focuses on burst damage, still its pretty decent to me.. even without beyond time/Spirit Boost and dance2. Never try yet, but might be viable lol.

Apr 8, 2015 9:23 pm
      I said it before and I will say it again. The best way to balance all classes is to just delete the Assassin class outright. Practically half of the problems of DN stems from them anyway, and they really did not bring anything new to the game except tilting the balance to their favor big time while every other class struggles to keep up through all these silly revamps.

Apr 9, 2015 12:08 am
      Some classes were bad before the sins were released so thats kind of an invalid statement considering the fact that almost every lack luster class was released BEFORE them sins just happned to be the lemon juice added to the papercut.
      Not to mention not much would change since only 1 class of all the assassins is abused as a whole which is lightfury were as the others follow in the boat as the other 90% of the classes based on your logic

mobile forum
      posted via cellphone

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 9, 2015 4:44 am
        Reply 8#  SaitoHikari

Fire can reach over 70%, over 90% actually, which in conjunction with most Fire classes' 65 passives would put them over the cap.

Heal Relic did get me laughing. From my perspective though, this update undoubtedly makes Saints more effective than they were previously. Also, strictly speaking, even if LF had Miracle of Chakra removed, he would still be taken for HoC EX alone (and the other Bringer stuff). Regardless of if it's a fire party... so I don't see what the difference is.

Not only does Adept's Magma Wall get double buffed in a fire party, so does Ripper's Crippler Punisher clones.

I've been saying that Light Fury (and HoC) is in a tier of its own since release. You yourself have presented the argument about Sting Breezer and Light Fury. ^^ The point that people fail to realize is, Light Fury is hardly even competing for the main healer slot. HoC (even non-EX) is so effective that his ability to act as a main healer AND his potential burst damage contribution (as in the case of AW) is not even the real concern of players when they opt to take a Light Fury in the party.

That said, I seriously fail to see how Saint and Physician are even competing for the same slot as a LF.

As for the primary goal of this update in my opinion, frankly speaking, I fail to even see how people think that the Saint update was the major concern of the devs. Let us take a look at the real star of the show

Dark Crash
        +70% damage reduction while charging

DA Dark Crash
        +70% damage reduction while charging
        Full charged damage from 150% to 200%

DA Dark Crash now has a coefficient of 3 instead of 2.25

Soul Cutter
        Removal of -20 to 28% PDEF/MDEF
        Addition of -20 to 28% fire resistance reduction

Dark Avenger EX B (The option that reduces CD instead of adding critical %)
        +5% Critical Rate
        When the transformation is cancelled previously, the CD does not get reduced to 5. If it gets interrupted now, the CD will be lowered to 5 (pretty much a bug fix)

On a class that can out-DPS a Fire Gear Master with significantly higher FD%. When the Fire GM gets the benefit of double buffing while DA does not.

On the topic of Light Fury again

The class is just broken. What's the point of whining about LF's healing capabilities when most people don't even care that he has those heals? It means NOTHING even if Saints and Physicians were to out-heal LF. (Physician pretty much can on paper, depending on the maximum HP of the party and gear level taken into account) Remove Miracle of Chakra? Light Fury will still be there. Harping on LF's heals is just a waste of time. Yes, he is broken, but his main heals are NOT the reason why, CoE's limit is real in a raid, although it does have the global heal advantage. However you also don't really need a global heal in most raids though, since being away from the LF is bad for your health and performance on the DPS parser.

As for whether I think the Saint boost is fair in comparison to LF, hell no. My point is that the continuous ranting against Light Fury is a waste of time, how many support classes exist in his league? And if we were  to boost ALL support classes to his level of effectiveness, would the game be better? Balance does not just exist between classes. Right now, most parties bring a healer in addition to LF, regardless of the choice being either Priest or Physician. Don't even have to search much on duowan to see if my statement is accurate.

I can understand the frustration that people feel. I just don't see the point to the ranting against LF. Yes, broken. Anyone who understood the game knew that right from release, so what's new? If Light Fury is truly superior in everything, why do the parties bring another Priest or Physician instead of a Light Fury?

If anyone likes a class, just play it best as you can and maximize the class' strengths. It's not as if the alternatives don't have anything they triumph Light Fury in. It's not as if the only DPS you can use in the game are Engineers, Crusaders, and Dark Avengers. It's not as if the only healing support that is viable is Light Fury. Seriously, what's so new about DN devs not giving a shit regarding balance?

I will just let people think about it

"My class is mathematically inferior in a game so life has to suck"

v.s.

"I'm not the wealthiest/smartest etc. person in the world so life has to suck"

No. = ="

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        Apr 9, 2015 4:49 am
        Reply 9#  175.*.*.161

The only way a party is not viable is when it leads to there being insufficient DPS to clear DPS-testing mechanics.

Being able to clear and being able to clear fast/effectively are entirely different concepts.

I'm not saying the composition is bad. It is a fact that if a Fire party utilizes every Fire class available, they would have enough slots left for proper supports, which are the real amplifiers of the damage the DPS do. I have yet to seen a serious raid group to even consider using that kind of line-up. If Elestra was taken, or if Saleana did not have Glacial Wave, she would have been a 100% kick for a Ripper in most fire parties.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        Apr 9, 2015 4:53 am
        Reply 11#  DeviKeys

I've heard from many people of that type before. It's best to just ignore them. They are far more likely to blame Heaven and Earth for their life being rubbish than to actually learn, explore, and understand. Logic, facts, and common sense just don't work for and on those people.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        Apr 9, 2015 6:26 am

is this a new costume coming up ?
        [img]http://i2.wp.com/www.freedomplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Priest-Dark-Avenger-Saleana-Boost.jpg?resize=474%2C250[/img]
        if yes, is it rare?

Apr 9, 2015 8:01 am

is it rare or magic ? did they say that ?
        for the costume.

[url=http://i2.wp.com/www.freedomplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Priest-Dark-Avenger-Saleana-Boost.jpg?resize=474%2C250]http://i2.wp.com/www.freedomplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Priest-Dark-Avenger-Saleana-Boost.jpg?resize=474%2C250[/url]

[url=http://i2.wp.com/www.freedomplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Priest-Dark-Avenger-Saleana-Boost.jpg?resize=474%2C250]http://i2.wp.com/www.freedomplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Priest-Dark-Avenger-Saleana-Boost.jpg?resize=474%2C250[/url]

[url]http://i2.wp.com/www.freedomplays.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Priest-Dark-Avenger-Saleana-Boost.jpg?resize=474%2C250[/url]

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 9, 2015 8:51 am
          Thank god sieg came with the comments x.x i was so close to pulling my hair out with the whole "It wont match LF" talk.

-.- im waiting for the day the devs make a bard class (never gonna happen)

mobile forum
          posted via cellphone

Apr 9, 2015 9:26 am
          Oh I know. It's just the daily reminder that this is what we all signed up for. It's nice that you feel a duty to make things seem better than they actually are, since you know what sort of people are paying attention at this forum, considering you probably realize SEA and NA are tainted enough to be hanging on to EVERY WORD from the kDN and cDN communities.

(I'm not sure if you're aware of the daily 'THE FK IS A SAINT? SOME UNICORN?' jokes that get frequently thrown around both communities too. People probably don't realize how much that hurts me, especially as the moderator of the NA forums that everybody knows mains Saint. It's so bad even NA STAFF MEMBERS have picked up on the joke whenever I talk to them.)

I personally don't give a shit anymore until T5 happens, I already even invested in BDN L gear for my NA Saint. That's how far beyond the point I am of giving a shit.

If there is some bright side to this revamp, it'll at least possibly make Saint desired in RDN with the Cure Relic adjustment. Until people can one-wave it, if that is at all possible. Which actually seems unlikely considering boss HP, a good thing I think. Soloing doesn't make you want to kill yourself anymore either.

[ The post was edited by SaitoHikari at Apr 9, 2015 10:01 am ]

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
          - [NA] SaitoHikari (Saint) and Alilatias (Artillery), leader of <Salvation>
          - [kDN] SaitoHikar (Saint), member of <1HP>
          Apr 9, 2015 12:23 pm
          Reply 18#  SaitoHikari

Saito im sorry but you are taking this way to seriously as a whole,

get over it the jokes about the saints arent even that bad, shit i made some up aswell when i was a saint wanna know why? I frankly didn't care because i was having fun. However i don't care how well rounded you are with the class that doesn't change the fact that Saints aren't the only class being made fun of on a daily basis

Let's talk about assassins, yes they pretty much are the most bad mouthed class because of everything they can and have done, not only that people constantly call them a trash class as well as a class for the no lifes to dump money into them for overall superior access to almost every content. However people still play them and make jokes about them for FUN.

Let's talk about Smashers/Warmages..... IF YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT JOKES LOOK AT THIS CLASS, possibly the most mocked class in DN, not only did they lose their crown to the Majesty/Chaosmage, They even have a lesser population then Salaena/Pyromancer. Now im not bad mouthing Salaena because i do happen to like all the sorcs class equally, HOWEVER Smasher by far is the most mocked class i have ever seen, even more then saint.

Before you can say anything about saint being mocked and having daily hurtful jokes towards the class, lets just remember 60cap. The time of Saints and Guardians running the cleric population back then, Oh? weren't you a saint at that period. If you were then what can you complain about? You had access to every raid out there, nobody would enter a nest / raid without you, in a sense SAINTS WERE ASSASSINS AT ONE POINT, making Inquisitors look like the pure shit in the cleric equation. ''Oh, people don't want saints because of the stupid devs screwing us over with LF's joining''. BS the devs have screwed every class over and you seem to make saint seem like the most depressed class out there.

All because you didn't get a good revamp? Be glad you got anything at all, if you were the leader of the saint community i wouldnt WANT to give you a revamp if i were the devs. Sadly this is how the game works Saito you may be wanting more but you may not get anything. What you need to realize is that in the end, no one gives a shit about your feelings on this class, frankly i love saints too i CCed from crusader to play as one for a while, however no one gave a F**K about my opinions either. As far as im concerned this little shit you have with the class is gonna continue till the day the devs make Saints the most wanted class in DN again, mabye then you'll stop winning and enjoy the class like the bandwagoners did in 60cap. When that's all fine and done the devs can just make the class back to what it is now just to sit infront of their screen and giggle with a cup of tea at how much of a big deal your making this.

Im sorry im an NA player IGN: Twixst, DeviKeys. Kyal CDN: Twixst, Lyoko

This had to be said by someone and i guess that someone was me.

Quick Reply:DN KR 8th Apr: Saint & Dark Avenger Boost

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »