Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) DN KR 22nd Oct: Ripper Boost, Halloween

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

DN KR 22nd Oct: Ripper Boost, Halloween

Oct 26, 2014 11:11 pm
[b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20141021/DN_KR_22nd_Oct_Ripper_Boost_Halloween-54461d1d7f4789613-2.html#p544a6ea6b5f32b]38#[/url] [i]sieg_freedom[/i][/b] [br] [br]

Seriously just ignore the "Bridge" guy, he make alot of retarded posts and topics in SEA forums =.=

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Oct 27, 2014 4:17 am
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KXke1Sb2cE[/url]

this is a video on the boosted crippling punisher PVE. Warning! It's just too OP man xD

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 29, 2014 1:32 am
    [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by 210.*.*.30 at Oct 26, 2014 11:11 pm
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20141021/DN_KR_22nd_Oct_Ripper_Boost_Halloween-54461d1d7f4789613-2.html#p544a6ea6b5f32b]38#[/url] [i]sieg_freedom[/i][/b] [br] [br]

Seriously just ignore the "Bridge" guy, he make alot of retarded posts and topics in SEA forums =.= [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20141021/DN_KR_22nd_Oct_Ripper_Boost_Halloween-54461d1d7f4789613-3.html#p544de211eb145a][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]
    If you have nothing constructive to say than just say something negative at me or my post It would be better to say nothing.

It would be better to say something that can contribute to the knowledge of the entire Dragon Nest community than posting a sentence that isn't relevant to the topic at all and just a petty attack on someone else.

I have been playing World of Warcraft since vanilla and I know what I'm talking about. I wouldn't post something about a feature which several months haven't been implemented yet but sooner or later will be right at DNSEA's doorstep.

I challenge you to discuss to the whole entire DN community what's Procs Per Minute, the relationship of Base Cooldown with Net cooldown in increasing overall damage or how internal cooldown affects the behavior of skills.

Now back to the discussion at hand and Sieg's reply:

"There is nothing to suspect... Time Acceleration has been a staple in raid parties for.... years."
    - This is not what I mean by cooldown reduction mechanics. The very basic of cooldown reduction mechanics are implemented in several manners: Skill Up-ranking (Skill/level = CDR or Skill+5 lvl = CDR), Cooldown Reduction Plate(12/16/20% max), Cooldown Reduction Effect from skills (BT=20%of BCD or Base Cooldown,Cocktail and Spirit Boost).

There are several classes that benefit from CDR mechanics even at 40 cap but it's unnoticable since many players will prefer on boosting a specific skill's damage than taking the route of damage increase through cooldown reduction mechanics.

- First statement is false. CP-mode skills do not reduce CP cooldown.
    So basically you mean that using CP's left click will not further reduce CP's cooldown? That's rather absurd or it sounds like as if the skill isn't working as intended. The Devs should've stated otherwise that it crippling punisher's successful hit with LMB will not reduce its ICD (Internal Cooldown). It defeats of purpose of being triggered with fire-elemental physical attack which is exactly what CP LMB does.

- Triggered per hit, the test should have made that clear enough
    Noted as I saw the video on a later time after my post was made.

- What a waste of time and effort to convert Fire on a Ripper, when with TA you won't have time to use anything else that could reduce CP's CD
    Are you sure? CP's Werewolf Ability lasts 10 seconds on a 125 second cooldown/100 second w/ CP Prem CDR plate. On a 4 man nesting it isn't always possible to include Majesty/Smasher as part of party composition and ofcourse having either of the two is somewhat inefficient in terms of boosting damage thru fire elemental damaging (-FDEf Reduc/ FAtk+), This is possible if the Smasher would make way/convert herself to Fire Smasher with Heatwave ECJ.

During the short duration of 10 seconds, take note that Rippers have 7 skills that are considered Fire Type reduce that by 3 since SB+Ex, ID+Ex, AC are on secondary mode and can't trigger's PC ICD trigger effect leaving you only with FL+Ex + MB. And after CP Werewolf mode, that's the only the time PC ICD kicks in. During Boss Immunity Phase or Transition Phases Both BT and CP will be on cooldown not unless you perfectly sync your damaging the enemy to a certain %HP so that the said skills will then be available on Phases that damaging bursting would be optimal.

When using Heatwave ECJ you basically granting yourself more option and allowing yourself to access PC's I-CDR and thus reducing it's CD better for a shorter Buff Downtime.

Flaming Open Edge = 0.5 sec CDR on a single target
    Fiery Applause= basically 1 sec CDR + Def Reduction on a single target.
    Rake of Fire = .5 sec per shuriken = 5 sec reduction. This is not considering Rake CDR but only with 18 sec BCD
    Hell's Punishment = 1.5 sec CDR for 3 hits.

We haven't included Flaming Fan of Edge here which indeed many have maxed up and use it for another 3 seconds CDR.

Rain Drop+ The End skipped.

- I don't understand most of what is below. It just works like MM instead of FB, where your CP skills and standard skills use different CDs."

Yes it is a duration triggered secondary skill mode as compared to aura-type/toggled secondary skill mode such as Mechanic Mode.

I rest my case. Hopefully I didn't missed anything but I'll just post a reply in the future if necessary.

Bridge of Springwood.

Oct 29, 2014 2:22 am
    [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20141021/DN_KR_22nd_Oct_Ripper_Boost_Halloween-54461d1d7f4789613-3.html#p5450a635d3ad19]42#[/url] [i]124.*.*.66[/i][/b] [br] [br]
    sieg has already made everything clear, no need to read your post

Oct 29, 2014 4:33 am
    Reply 42#  124.*.*.66

I don't see the point of telling me how cooldown reduction has been implemented in the game. Assuming I didn't have knowledge of how that works, what does it even matter from your reply?

Fact is regardless of how CD is reduced, CD reduction has been a staple tool of raid parties for years. Regardless of which method is used, it serves only one function - getting to re-cast the skill faster.

If you actually read the test, you will have known that left click works. It is Izuna Drop, Artful Chaser and Shift Blow that does not. If all skills under CP do not trigger CP CD reduction, wouldn't the effect be pointless. = ="

The biggest burn that occurs in Dragon Nest now is with Time Acceleration. Especially for less geared parties. (where Dedicated Crow and Dance 2 are not as effective)  This is obviously from a raid perspective. However, it should be obvious to any player that this boost to CP only shows its real effect with Time Acceleration.

There are many ways to increase DPS in Dragon Nest, and increase in elemental attack and decrease in elemental defence is just two of such methods, and will also suffer from diminishing returns. Trying to achieve the highest possible values on 2 multipliers hardly means that it is the best party composition available.

All that drivel is useless really. -38% Fire Attack on your main skills, particularly your two most important skills in and out of Time Acceleration is insane, for a shot at reducing CP's CD (which has no meaning under Time Acceleration). I don't even have to run any numbers yet... why don't you take a poll how many Rippers would agree to that.

Rake has no -CD plate IIRC. Let us assume you do get your full hits, Adding up your numbers including Fan of Edge, I see 11s shaved off CP's CD. Constant left click under CP reduces 21s. I.e. ~4 hits per second. Sure, you can get more hits if you use your skills (and they hit fully), but how many of you really think that such a small difference in CD reduction is worth a loss of 38% fire damage?

I am sorry I even fail to see what your case is.

- No idea what your mention of the different types of CDR is for
    - Stating that having Time Acceleration is sub-optimal for Ripper after this boost (lol.. really?)
    - No concrete numbers to demonstrate how a loss of 38% Fire Attack is worth any gain from CD reduction

Skill CD while CP is up without further CDR

Shift Blow 5s
    Artful Chaser 5s
    Izuna Drop 5s
    Flame Locust 6s
    Blade Runner 13s
    Mortal Blow 18s (CTC up to 3x)

How many Rippers believe that we will run out of Fire side skills to use on a consistent basis while under CP? Or that we will truly fire off every single fire-converted skill under CP's duration? With an Adept, we have Level 6 Cocktail (-16% CD) at the least. Meaning that AC and ID can be fire off up to 3x.

I might not be very familiar with Ripper, least played Assassin of all for me. I am aware of how powerful the Raven side skills are, and that under a (possible, but extremely stupid) designed scenario fire conversion is a workable build. However, I fail to see how this change to CP improves the effect of fire conversion instead of reducing it.

______________________________________________________-

Only elemental conversion Jade I find truly viable on either Chaser is Light. You lose -8% on your own element, but get the benefit of light conversion on Izuna Drop (Raven), Applause and/or Rake (Ripper). Not a bad deal considering how effective Light is now. Of course this depends entirely on the specifics of gear and party composition.

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at Oct 29, 2014 5:47 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    Oct 29, 2014 6:13 am
    If I were you Sieg, I'd seriously consider ignoring that guy lol. in SEA forum he does makes silly arguments with no valid points basing on his very solidly vague logic that makes very little sense that no one even bothers discussing with him

Oct 29, 2014 9:09 pm
    +1 on ignoring Bridge, I know him too.

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 5, 2017 11:40 pm
      Hello. And Bye.

Quick Reply:DN KR 22nd Oct: Ripper Boost, Halloween

Smiles
      refresh
      Go Advanced »