Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Dragon Nest KR 8th Oct Update: Volcano Challenge Nest, Lv80 Accessories

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Dragon Nest KR 8th Oct Update: Volcano Challenge Nest, Lv80 Accessories

Oct 7, 2014 5:40 am
Dragon Nest KR 8th Oct Update Note

Dragon Nest Korea has updated new contents on 8th Oct 2014, including the release of Volcano Challenge Nest (6-man nest) and Lv80 skill accessories.

Volcano Challenge (Trial) Nest

Requirement: Lv80
Party size: 1-6 players
Entry ticket: None
Difficulties: Easy/Normal/Abyss
Clear Count: 5 times per week
Revival Count: 3 times
Rewards:
volcano challenge nest reward- level 80 A-grade accessories set
- Benedict accessories which is the craft material for lv80 skill accessory
- level 80 A-grade heraldry
- level 80 skill dragon jade
- level 80 stats dragon jade
- gem

Alteria Continent Exploration - Season 4

Skill Accessories

* skill accessories can be crafted from the accessories obtained from Volcano Challenge Nest

Hot Spring Fairy

* Hot Spring Fairy appear at hot spring every day from 22:00 to 23:00
* Gauge filling speed is increased by 50% when hot spring fairy appear.

Others

* Drop rate of Black Dragon Nest Hardcore mode increased
* FTG consumption for level 60-79 adjusted
* Fix the ice stacking bug, whereby the 3rd and 4th layer of ice do not generate any damage increase
* Fix the bug for Rolling Lava whereby the last hit is not applied when it runs into a wall

Reference:
http://dn.happyoz.com/news/notice/read.asp?0pb3A1k0AHX0uctWC0r770R12uSou19umO12kPMv31kWDgl4

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Oct 8, 2014 3:29 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Oct 7, 2014 5:48 am
Quote: Originally Posted by sieg_freedom at Oct 7, 2014 5:50 am
As expected ^^

Thanks Chaos!     

haha, the 3rd / 4th layer ice stacking not working is a bug after all...
i think screamer skill revamp has been forgotten =.=

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 7, 2014 5:50 am
    As expected ^^

Thanks Chaos!

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    Oct 7, 2014 6:23 am
    its been a while since I posted but ty for this update and part of FTG consumption is fixed, FINALLY!
    time to come back to CDN :D

EDIT: when this is applied to CDN :P
    just woke up so looked at so quickly

Oct 7, 2014 6:33 am
    chaos hopefully you don't mind if I share with NA pplz

Oct 7, 2014 6:52 am
    Reply 1#  chaose5

Surprisingly, the demand for my Elestra has not lessened at all even in the face of the bug. ^^

I wonder how that KDN player came up with the conclusion ice stacking was working as per normal....

Skill revamp seems to come with the second patch of the month, so still got hope. Screamers quite fun regardless.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    Oct 7, 2014 7:42 am
    Challange nest v2. If it's anything like volcano nest it will be filled with party wipes and stomps. Running with randoms is gonna be a pain lol...

And I agree with Sieg. Clearly that kdn player who said ice stacking was working fine when it was obviously bugged is an idiot.

mobile forum
    posted via cellphone

Signature

Dragon Nest
    NA DN - LvL 60 Ice Witch - RoseofLove
    CDN - LvL 80 Elestra - RoseofLove
    CDN - LvL 80 Gear Master - LilyofHope
    CDN - LvL 80 Light Fury - EnvyEX
    CDN - LvL 80 Raven - WrathEX
    KDN - Lvl 80 Flurry - 장미Spear

Youtube Channel (RevertibleFate): http://www.youtube.com/user/RevertibleFate

Brave Frontier
    Revert ( ID: 2211212567)

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 7, 2014 7:58 am
      eh what happen to the 2nd lv80 nest...

i tot challenge nest is supposedly to be the combination of 2 x current lvl cap nest =.=

Signature

Oct 7, 2014 8:05 am
      Reply 7#  chaose5

Hahaha. Level 80 is definitely the worst cap I have experienced so far. Volcano Challenge Nest was datamined long ago, while no other nests were discovered. (Aside from Red Dragon Nest)

Let me imagine what happens in Volcano Challenge Nest.

- Hulk: 5x Stomp, 3x Dive Stomp
      - Phoenix: Every stomp is now done 3x consecutively
      - Alligator: 2 person is targeted every time, 6 rocks for HP bar change mechanic

I.e. how to discourage people from running it.

(If the above really happens, I'm just gonna go with easy mode...)

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      Oct 7, 2014 8:07 am
      Reply 1#  chaose5

That Screamer revamp thing was only a rumor in the first place. We still have another patch in 2-3 weeks, I doubt they'd revamp another class so soon when Guardian and Physician were just revamped two weeks ago. Especially since Screamer revamp will probably be a total revamp of the skill tree like what Engineers got.

As for Volcano Trial Nest, looks like I was right. We're not getting a second regular nest this cap because the devs moving everything dragon jade related to 80 cap chaos dungeons eliminated the need to design a second nest. Not to mention the 80 cap equipment literally being called volcano set.

Hell, 80 cap dragon hearts/cores drop directly from the chaos dungeons themselves if you're lucky, and the 80 cap daily shop still uses sigh/lament. In kDN they've already deflated to 60g each (when 70 cap cores remained between 400-200g throughout most of the cap), even though they've only been out for 1 month.

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
      - [NA] SaitoHikari (Saint) and Alilatias (Artillery), leader of <Salvation>
      - [kDN] SaitoHikar (Saint), member of <1HP>
      Oct 7, 2014 8:29 am
      Reply 9#  SaitoHikari

Actually, devs DID promise to revamp Screamer. When the timeline for the previous boosts were announced, the devs did say that the screamer revamp was not cancelled, only delayed. (I remember because I translated that bit)

Of course, with what they said in the previous interview, and no official timeline given, when is still up in the air. A revamp 2 years down the road is still a revamp... = ="

I'm also curious, has the player base in KDN been shrinking? It has been reduced by quite a bit on our server (and according to duowan in other servers as well) I can guarantee not having a second nest will make it worse, it's really boring this cap. The need for a second nest is for us to enjoy the content... couldn't care less about Dragon Jades. (From a gear providing perspective you are right of course)

For CDN, I think 80A high grade jades will just be a joke. Most of the tuhaos use 7 set 70L, they will at most need 4 jades on their accessories if at all. I also expect prices to be like crap for CDN...

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      Oct 7, 2014 8:34 am
      Yeah, I was referring to the no official timeline part.

I haven't been playing kDN enough to notice anything about their player base, I've spent all my efforts maintaining my guild in NA over the past few months.

It doesn't help that I'm playing outside of peak hours in kDN, since living in the US and all. I'm pretty sure all Korean games have some restriction preventing people below the age of 18 from logging on past midnight Korean time as well.

All I know is that Saints are now literally extinct there from the looks of it. I do notice there are less people overall though.

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 7, 2014 10:03 am
        As per Revertible's request at the NA forums: The results of Lou's testing on the ice stacking bug performed half an hour ago. kDN has yet to patch (the servers are taken down about 7-8 hours from now).

Fire bird damage by itself:

http://i.imgur.com/0uZilCq.jpg

Fire bird with 2 ice stacks:

http://i.imgur.com/3PpFHPe.jpg
        http://i.imgur.com/LAaorX3.jpg
        http://i.imgur.com/YaGFFmn.jpg

Fire bird with 4 ice stacks:
        http://i.imgur.com/S2sWeG3.jpg
        http://i.imgur.com/Gcg1uu6.jpg

There was one thing observed during testing: Blizzard's ice layer sometimes applies incorrectly.

Signature

Oct 7, 2014 10:40 am
        Reply 12#  SaitoHikari

Not sure what it was requested for but we can just go through the numbers... (I don't really like this methodology for testing...)

~31400 on average (no ice layer)
        ~49700 on average (2 ice layers)

31400 * 1.6 = 50240 (Close enough I guess, but broken weapons are the best...)

How was the 4 layers achieved? (I'm honestly puzzled by the use of ice barrier and glacial spike for a test of this nature)

How is Blizzard's layer applying incorrectly? I can test that myself if required.

What is the MDMG? Was a skill jade equipped on the weapon(s)?

How soon was Phoenix used? Debuff lasts for 21s, CD is 18s.

Using 50240 / 0.9 * 1.12, we get 62520.88 (Close enough) v.s. 31400 * 2 = 62800 (Similar to the previous case)

Edit: Forgot to mention, it is possible for further hits of Phoenix to benefit from the initial hit of Phoenix. (does not always occur, but there is an example in my video as well) In the second last picture, we have a 45931, which should be from Phoenix. While in the last picture, it should be the last hit of Phoenix, since everything seems to have faded away.

0:13: 15475 AND 19258 (Hellfire)

15475 / 0.9 * 1.12 = 19257.7

0:36: 20118 AND 25036 (Hellfire)

20118 / 0.9 * 1.12 = 25035.7

1:11: 24760 AND 30813 (Hellfire)

24760 / 0.9 * 1.12 = 30812.4

I hope you see why I am not convinced at the validity of that test...

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at Oct 7, 2014 11:06 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        Oct 7, 2014 10:56 am
        Umm... She told me this:

"Blizzards layer is applying, but not actually affecting the damage. I can tell blizzard IS applying because the ice layer breaks off but it doesn't seem to be changing anything.

4 layers achieved with ice barrier, icicle spear/icicle injection/whatever the 50 is called, glacial freeze, and occasionally between freezing field EX or glacial spike.

Phoenix was used every 30 seconds or so."

All possible hits of fire birds land at the same time, so either the damage is already taking the debuff into account or the damage is calculated before applying the debuff. It's pretty clear in the first image, the damage range is so tight that the debuff can't be applied between the three hits.

As for stats:
        (Trying to break weapons in kDN is costly apparently, I don't even remember if we have the attack reduction potions.)

Signature

Oct 7, 2014 11:13 am
        Reply 14#  SaitoHikari

Err.. That doesn't mean Blizzard is buggy... it just means that more than 2 layers DOES NOT give any increase in damage.

That rotation for 4 layers is very bad. Ice Barrier's ice stack does not last for long at all. At 45s buff in both pictures, 5s would have elapsed since Ice Barrier was manually shattered. The ice layer from Ice Barrier WOULD NOT have lasted for 5s. It is therefore false that the results from the last 2 pictures is at 4 layers of ice, i.e. it is IMPOSSIBLE for ice to be providing +100% damage.

In both pictures Glacial Spike was sent on CD. Whether it gave a definite ice layer or not, nobody knows... Suggested 4 skills for 4 layers testing is Blizzard, Glacial Wave, Ice Sphere, Freezing Field EX.

I have tested Blizzard. It works perfectly fine - at 1/2 layers of ice. My above conclusion should be correct.

You just need to kill clear some nest stages with a Berlin weapon and NOT repair that weapon to get a broken weapon. Azure's suggestion of Cerb Hell was great for me, it's pretty fast at decreasing durability.

I can only conclude that your friend was mistaken about the results due to Phoenix's resist reduction affecting further hits.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        Oct 7, 2014 2:57 pm
        Reply 15#  sieg_freedom

My thoughts exactly.It's painfully obvious from the first and second last picture that she clearly did not include fire birds -%22 fire resist debuff during her calculations.2 layers of ice and fire birds debuff from the first bird ( 45k one) gives

31k*1.6*1.22= roughly 60k

2 layers alone gives

31k*1.6 =about 49kish.

non crits

Those 2 rough values are clearly seen in the second last picture where she "supposedly" had 4 layers on.If we indeed had 4 layers or heck even 3 layers giving damage increase and we had factored in fire birds fire resist debuff to re-replicate her second last pics situation then we expect the final hit on the second bird to be:

31k*2*1.22= about 75k

or with 3 layers

31k*1.9*1.22= about 71.85k

But we don't see that output on her tests lol. All she did was provided inaccurate information again..

Signature

Dragon Nest
        NA DN - LvL 60 Ice Witch - RoseofLove
        CDN - LvL 80 Elestra - RoseofLove
        CDN - LvL 80 Gear Master - LilyofHope
        CDN - LvL 80 Light Fury - EnvyEX
        CDN - LvL 80 Raven - WrathEX
        KDN - Lvl 80 Flurry - 장미Spear

Youtube Channel (RevertibleFate): http://www.youtube.com/user/RevertibleFate

Brave Frontier
        Revert ( ID: 2211212567)

MMOsite Special Offer

Oct 7, 2014 4:26 pm
          Yeah, Lou now tells me that she wants to apologize to everyone here. No MMOSite account though.

This got REALLY personal on the NA forums between Lou and Revert though, so I'm going to stop acting as correspondence. Lou has pretty much agreed for me to stop posting anything here on her behalf as long as Revertible is around.

Signature

Oct 7, 2014 8:51 pm
          Reply 16#  Revertible

To be fair, Phoenix's fire resist reduction does not always work on the last hit, which is why this mistake is easily made. It would have been an easier test with Fireball. (I didn't want to use FB in the video because having to dodge + firing it off while the ice layers are up is more troublesome... aesthetics xD)

Also Gardener has 10% fire resistance, you would have to /0.9 * 1.12. (If Phoenix was at 11, which it should be for such a fire-heavy Elestra)

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
          DDN Wild Party Guide
          Youtube Channel
          Tempest Mini-Guide
          Oct 7, 2014 9:03 pm
          Reply 17#  SaitoHikari

There is no real need to apologize, I think most people will have made erroneous conclusions at one point or another. I've always learned more when I made mistakes anyway. That testing methodology with Ice Barrier and Glacial Spike isn't really reliable though, it is too hard to confirm a third layer now (when it isn't working) and Ice Barrier would have to be shattered just before Phoenix. Quite restrictive for a 4 layers test.

Upon reading the post directed to by Chocorroles again (here), I can probably understand Artillery - IF Rapid Shot was used. Not sure if Inquisitor has any hit limited skills at all. The effect of ice layers on hit limited skills is one that very few people seem aware of as well. It should also be tested for again after the ice stacking change...

Not sure what kind of drama is supposed to come forth from simple testing, but it is also best not to bring it onto Freedom forums. ^^ However, I also don't really understand the point of not sharing anything because of stupid arguments. If in doubt, one can always post any test in question for review without any definite conclusion. I've been wrong many times before, but I don't think it really matters...

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at Oct 7, 2014 11:52 pm ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
          DDN Wild Party Guide
          Youtube Channel
          Tempest Mini-Guide

Quick Reply:Dragon Nest KR 8th Oct Update: Volcano Challenge Nest, Lv80 Accessories

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »