Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) DN KR 30th July 2014: Lencea Boost, PVP Skill Balance

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

DN KR 30th July 2014: Lencea Boost, PVP Skill Balance

Jul 30, 2014 9:29 pm
DN KR 30th July 2014 Update Note

Lencea Boost

Erratic Power
The Powerless state inflicted upon reaching 10 fatigue has been changed.
Before update: Reduce HP by 20% immediately, reduce moving and attack speed within 10sec; cannot use fatigue related skills
After update: When fatigue reaches 10, it will not be automatically removed. The fatigue stays at 10 until Erratic Power is switched off (drop gradually after that). The final damage boost remains even in fatigue state. During Powerless state,
(PVE): Only reduce movement speed, reduce (2%) HP every 2sec.
(PVP): Only reduce attack and movement speed.

* Fatigue debuff icon has been changed as well.

Improvement of AOE
Certain skills (the update note never mention which) have improved AOE.

Cross Cutter
Change the learning level of Cross Cutter from lv4 to lv3

Harmonize
CD change to 1min and duration is changed to 20sec.

Video Demo by Revertible

PVP Skill Balance

* Reduce Max HP/MP in DWC Mode
* Increase MP recovery in Anniliation mode after winning
* Increase Priest Max MP
* Reduce Engineer, Mercenary and Kali Max MP.

Sword Master
Deep Straight: (PVP) CD change to 25sec

Gladiator
Evasion Slash: (PVP) CD change to 20sec
Finishing Strike EX: (PVP) Additional damage only applies to 1st explosive hit. Camera angle cannot be changed while casting

Mercenary
Charging Howl: (PVP) reduce duration, reduce duration growth with skill lvl
Crisis Howl: (PVP) CD change to 60sec
Taunting Howl: (PVP) Attack reduction and crit reduction effect nerf. CD change to 40sec.

Barbarian
Bone Crash: (PVP) Camera angle cannot be changed while casting

Destroyer
Punishing Swing EX: (PVP) Reduce AOE

Bow Master
Fake Shot: (PVP) CD change to 10sec

Elemental Lord
Freezing Field: (PVP) Damage reduced.
Inferno: (PVP) Damage increase

Force User
Time Stop: (PVP) CD change to 40sec
Time Acceleration: (PVP) CD adjusted to that of other ultimates
Meteor Storm: (PVP) CD adjusted to that of other ultimates

Majesty
Gravity Switch: (PVP) Damage reduced

Paladin
Lightning Charger: (PVP) Electrocute duration change to 7sec
Smite: (PVP) Electrocute duration change to 7sec
Sacred Hammering: (PVP) Damage reduced

Crusader
Judgment Hammer: (PVP/PVE) remove hit limit; (PVP) Reduce damage growth

Priest
Charge Bolt: (PVP) (Electrocute) duration change to 7sec.
Lightning Bolt: (PVP) Damage increase. Unable to receive heal from party members for 7sec.
Chain Lightning: (PVP) Damage increase. Unable to receive heal from party members for 7sec.
Holy Burst: (PVP) Increase superarmor and superarmor breakGrand Cross: (PVP/PVE) Increase superarmor and superarmor break. (PVP) damage increase
Relic of Cure (EX): (PVP) Relic HP is changed to 15% of summoner's HP
Relic of Lightning : (PVP) Relic HP is changed to 10% of summoner's HP

Saint
Relic Shock: (PVP) Damage increase

Engineer
Ice Pump Tower: (PVP) Movement speed reduction effect changed to 15%, duration changed to 4sec. CD changed to 18sec
Chainsaw Tower: (PVP) CD change to 18sec
Mechanic Mode : (PVP) Damage reduce
Ping Pong Bomb: (PVP) Damage reduce

Kali
Soul Wind: (PVP) Damage reduce

Dancer
Breeze Call: (PVP) Reduce crit rate effect of Blade Dancer skill series, CD changed to 25sec.
Breeze Call Dance : (PVP) CD changed to 25sec.
Illusion Gaze : (PVP) Remove i-frame
Illusion Dance:  (PVP) CD change to 25sec
Elegance Storm : (PVP) Reduce paralyze effect
Stalker (EX): (PVP) Duration change to 8sec
Twinkle Spin: (PVP) CD change to 20sec
Abolisher: (PVP) CD change to 18sec
Sufi Dancer :  (PVP) CD change to 25sec
General Dawn Blade: (PVP) CD change to 25sec

Blade Dancer
Squall Flaker: (PVP) CD change to 25sec
Gust Demensia:  (PVP) CD change to 40sec

Spirit Dancer
Wide Stinger: (PVP) CD change to 20sec
Praetor: (PVP) CD change to 40sec

Screamer
Cling Snake: (PVP) Movement speed reduction effect nerf
Ghost Scream: (PVP) Movement speed reduction effect nerf

Soul Eater
Specter of Pain: (PVP/PVE) AOE change to single attack

Dragon Scale Upgrade

* Dragon Hunting Festival drop Dragon Tears
*Dragon Tears can be used to upgrade Dragon Scale
* 1S-rank scale + 1 Dragon Tear = 1 S-rank scale of the next tier
*3 L-rank scale + 3 Dragon Tear = 1 L-rank scale of the next tier

For other update details, refer to freedomplays

Reference:
https://dn.happyoz.com/news/notice/read.asp?0pb3A1k0AHX0B95TU0XrxOJ1nVw0l452n9j0dXeSq2afjUb0
http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-40137927-1-1.html

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Aug 2, 2014 2:09 pm ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jul 30, 2014 10:00 pm
wuttttt ?
Punishing Swing EX reduced AOE ?
so that means the EX's description saying "increased AOE" is a lie ??

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 30, 2014 10:27 pm
    I just wonder why they didn't release lancea with this more common sense modifications, oh, by te way, can someone enlighten me about harmonize? whats in there for the party? it doesn't seems to be anywhere good, humm or need to be paired with genie? i can't understand the potential benefit from it (if there is any?)

Jul 31, 2014 12:06 am
    Reply 2#  201.*.*.116

Well, AGI-based classes will definitely benefit from the buff because of their increased STR and INT stats for critical damage. I dunno how much % is boosted, but they're the class that will hold more to it. STR or INT-based classes, on the other hand, will receive a lesser impact from the buff, but their critical rates will surely increase, as well.

Jul 31, 2014 1:59 am
    non-agi class can also focus on pumping STR or INT then every Burst window, their critical will be capped this way but the most benefit i think is the bonus to Critical damage (STR user will have equivalent INT stat and vice versa).

of course, it is most beneficial to dual stat user (Sins again lol and crusaders)

Jul 31, 2014 2:50 am
    Nerf Bringers more plox

Jul 31, 2014 4:25 am
    Is Dragon Hunting Festival a time-limited event like Altea Continent Exploration / Saint Haven Defense?

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 31, 2014 5:00 am
      Reply 6#  fourrier

i believe so... the schedule is shown at the korean update note..

Signature

Jul 31, 2014 6:03 am
      Understanding the Numbers: Harmonize

With the new update to Harmonize, it has become an extremely useful and competitive buff. I will henceforth discuss the role of Harmonize in the game.

The Harmonize buff takes your character's highest stat out of STR/AGI/INT and changes the remaining two to match that of your highest stat. If you had 100 STR, 0 AGI, 0 INT, you would have 100 STR, 100 AGI, 100 INT while under the Harmonize buff.What is the minimum that we can infer from this information?

- INT/MDMG classes benefit the LEAST out of Harmonize
      - AGI classes benefit the MOST out of Harmonize
      - AGI/VIT Assassins receive the greatest boost of all out of Harmonize

Why do INT/MDMG classes gain the least out of Harmonize?

- In terms of gear, such as Jades, plates, etc., INT has the LOWEST base value AND the LOWEST % increase out of the 3 stats. This means that an INT character's INT is pretty much guaranteed to be lower than a STR character's STR and an AGI character's AGI at an equal gear level. Therefore, the amount of raw stats they get is lower. This also means that their Critical Damage gain is lower as well

- In terms of damage increase, MDMG characters only gain MDMG from INT but PDMG characters gain from both STR and AGI. Considering that MDMG characters are likely to have their INT as their highest stat, they gain NO EXTRA MDMG from Harmonize.- However, PDMG characters gain from both STR and AGI, and will gain a BASE damage increase of (STR-AGI) or (AGI-STR) * 0.25 OR 0.375 for Assassins.

Why do AGI classes gain the most out of Harmonize?

- Firstly, all of them are PDMG classes, this gives them an advantage in BASE PDMG as stated above.

- Secondly, INT and STR gives Critical Damage, while AGI does not. If as a STR or INT character you had 10% Critical Damage, you would only get at maximum another 10% Critical Damage. For an AGI character, at the same AGI stat, they can get 20% Critical Damage, since both STR and INT were boosted

We can state that Harmonize grants

- PDMG for AGI/STR classes
      - Critical for non-AGI classes
      - Critical Damage for all classes (in most cases)

Let us determine the general impact of Harmonize. I can say for certain that most "normally" geared characters will have between 30k-40k main stat at 80 cap. I will use 30k as the value since that is what most people should be working with. 40k is pretty much achievable with only L-grade gear, unless Eyedentity decides to buff 80A Dragon Jades OR release S/L Dragon Jades.

30k STR/AGI * 0.25 = 7,500 Base Damage. With gear providing around +26-30% PDMG (let's ignore elemental damage era for now), we can safely say it is nearly a 10k increase to board damage for most PDMG classes. Assassins will get an additional 50% of that, but let's not forget they are all elemental. (Yes, I am ignoring STR/AGI builds, since it's just numbers people can easily calculate anyway...)

30k AGI * 3.5 = 105k Base Critical. Meaning that as long as you have an A-grade Critical Plate, it is nearly impossible not to have 89% Critical while under Harmonize. With Battle Howl/Archer's Crit buff, that is max Critical out of nowhere for sure.

For Critical Damage, it would be best to refer to these 2 posts - #1 #2

We know that 1 INT/STR = 1.75 Base Critical Damage
      Therefore 30k STR/INT = 52,500 Base Critical Damage

I will be using values that do not include +% Critical Damage modifiers.

Based on Post 2 linked above, we can tell that it takes around or slightly more than 4500 Critical Damage to get 1% Critical Damage for 80 cap. At 40k STR/INT that is around 15.5% Critical Damage.

STR/INT characters therefore net around 11-13% more Critical Damage on average. AGI characters (AGI/STR not included of course) will get around 22-26% more Critical Damage. How large is this increase?

11/211 = 5.21% increase to damage, pre-Critical Resistance. (STR/INT)
      22/200 = 11% increase to damage, pre-Critical Resistance. (AGI)

Why has this boost to a skill I pretty much showed as trash achieve such a massive turn-around?

On paper, the boost appears to be around 40%, since the ratio of duration to CD has been buffed from 1:5 to 1:3. In practice, this boost is far far greater than that.

1. Practical usage

No burst window opens up for 60s. Let's not mention buff clears too. 20s however is pretty reasonable, and even if it is a bit too long, you will have it again around 40-50s later. Not 280-290s.

Let's consider dailies and nests. If you had a skill with a 300s (5 minutes) cooldown, would you use it on weaklings or just save it for the boss? In nests, how much do you look forward to a skill that might see a second use 3 bosses later? For some parties, one use of the former Harmonize might be all they get out of a nest run.

In dailies, you can now use Harmonize to wipe out a bunch of mobs, and not worry about "wasting" Harmonize duration while walking around etc. Most dailies run on a DPS character takes 3-5 minutes, for 70 cap at least. Not sure how long it will take for 80 cap dailies. However, you can now use Harmonize 3-5 times. Not one time.

2. Time Acceleration

Previously, after Time Acceleration ended, Harmonize would have a CD of 225s left, if used at the same time. Now, Time Acceleration will fully recover Harmonize before Time Acceleration ends.

3. Genie

Previously, 2-4 Genies could have gone by before you could synchronize it with Harmonize. Now Harmonize has a SAME CD than Genie, allowing much better synchronization opportunities.

It also kind of boosts Harmonize's critical addition effect for non-AGI characters. Previously, Harmonize was a buff that NO ONE (in their right mind) would consider as a tool for boosting Critical. Currently, it serves as a nice competitor to Battle Howl/Archers' crit buff when it comes to getting a Critical boost for parties. It's not as good, but competitive because it grants Critical Damage along with board damage for PDMG characters. Add in the very common Adepts (sorry Physicians) and Acrobats to help reduce CD, and you can see why Harmonize can effectively help to boost a party's critical for nest runs.

Some people might be  concerned about Harmonize and Crusaders. I have ABSOLUTELY no knowledge of Crusaders (well, maybe 0.01% ^^) nor the numbers they work with. All I can say is, Crusaders + Harmonize = headache.

STR/INT Crusaders don't get much out of Harmonize's Critical Damage effect BUT still gets Critical (a stat they need so badly) and in Sting Breezer's case, light attack and light resist reduction

Since STR will grant a higher stat value than INT (as explained above), a STR/VIT Crusader will gain more out of Harmonize. However, is STR really better than INT? You will definitely get more out of Harmonize with STR, but for the toss-up between STR and INT for Crusaders, I seriously have no clue, nor am I inclined to get educated about it at the moment.

Hopefully people have a clearer understanding of the effects of Harmonize, as well as how competitive the boost has allowed it to become. Yes, it also means that right from the start, Flurry gains more out of Harmonize than Sting Breezer.

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at Jul 31, 2014 5:25 pm ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      Jul 31, 2014 7:05 am
      Got to say Piercer + Alchemist is VERY interesting now. CD decrease + Stats increase from Cocktail for and with Harmonize. Potentially Sacrifice (on Adept) or just Physician heals to counteract Erratic Power's -2%. Wax to cover movement speed loss for really crucial moments? Or of course, one could just bring along a Light Fury...

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      Jul 31, 2014 1:38 pm
      The Holy Cross change is actually Grand Cross of Priests, it's incorrectly categorized under Paladin.
      Other than that, thanks for the translations. We were trying to figure out some stuff for a whole day.

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
      - [NA] SaitoHikari (Saint) and Alilatias (Artillery), leader of <Salvation>
      - [kDN] SaitoHikar (Saint), member of <1HP>
      Jul 31, 2014 5:41 pm
      Meh, they should really make Harmonize a 10sec CD, 180sec duration buff...

Signature

Freedom Official IRC channel

Permanently quit official servers. Selling cDN account for BTC. Not FullFD anymore. 60S armors, 50L weapons.

Currently playing pservers.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 31, 2014 6:59 pm
        Wasn't there a nerf for cleric head size?

Jul 31, 2014 9:32 pm
        THANK GOD they didn't touch Acro. T_T

Jul 31, 2014 9:58 pm
        Reply 12#  Joluuzz

Yeah, look in the kDN patch notes, under the references section.

---

I'm sorry, I have another correction to make.

Under Mercenary, Iron Skin's adjustment is actually Crisis Howl.

By the way, those of you who have kDN accounts, the kDN skill simulator has been updated for Lencea release. That means, yes, you can skill sim for Lencea already. However, you need a kDN account to use it.

Here's the link: http://dn.happyoz.com/community/skill/list.asp

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
        - [NA] SaitoHikari (Saint) and Alilatias (Artillery), leader of <Salvation>
        - [kDN] SaitoHikar (Saint), member of <1HP>
        Jul 31, 2014 10:25 pm
        Reply 10#  SaitoHikari

corrected :D

Signature

Jul 31, 2014 10:59 pm
        One of the weakest PvP classes... better nerf their only evade besides Aerial Evasion, which was shitty to begin with as it only works during light stagger and flinch.

Logic, not even once. Actually I should be used to that, but nah, this never ceases to amaze me...

Signature

Dragon Nest CN
        Server: 华中电信一区
        Guild: FREEDOM
        IGN: Azure
        Class: Smasher

Dragon Nest EU
        IGN: Gielen, Ykime, _theBlue
        Class: Guardian, Sentinel, Obscuria

MMOsite Special Offer

Jul 31, 2014 11:22 pm
          Reply 14#  SaitoHikari

Thanks!

err not that I'm happy why they kind of left out Guardians for almost a year now. I guess the hear size nerf is okay =(

Aug 1, 2014 12:12 am
          This class super weak in pvp -.- .

Aug 1, 2014 3:49 am
          Reply 11#  Tarkel

If the game was balanced by you it would be unplayable... ^^

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide