Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) DN KR 25th Jun 2014 Update: PVP Skill Changes; Future Update Schedule

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

DN KR 25th Jun 2014 Update: PVP Skill Changes; Future Update Schedule

Jun 24, 2014 11:30 am
DN KR 25th Jun 2014 Update: PVP Skill Changes

This update is mainly aimed at reducing the damage of new lv80 EX skill in PVP, to prevent 2-3 hits KO. The skill cap for lv 45/50 skills has been unlocked as well. Unfortunately, the skill revamp for Screamer is further delayed.

Skill Changes

1. Moonlord: Great Wave (PVE, PVP)
* the final sword wave is changed to x% additional damage PER HIT, max 8 hits

2. Sniper: Cheating Point EX
* CD reduce after learning EX
* PVE: 32s > 27s, PVP 45s > 40s
* The window for manual triggering of explosion is shorten from 10sec to 5sec

3. Saleana: Rolling Lava EX
* Fix burn dmg for lv10-13
* Fix debuff icon missing

PVP Skill Changes

[ silent changes, not in update note ]

Moonlord: Magic Boost (passive)
* Attack cannot be increased beyond 2 x original attack

Crusader: Justice Power (passive)

Warrior
Evasion Slash: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Moon Blade Dance: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Bone Crash: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Maelstorm Howl: % dmg and + dmg reduce

Archer
Tracing Shot:  CD increase to 35s
Explosion Shot: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Hurricane Dance: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Hurricane Dance EX: % Additional dmg in PVP reduced
Rising Storm: % dmg and + dmg reduce

Sorceress
Gravity Switch EX: Damage reduce
Laser Cutter EX: Explosive damage reduce
Icicle Injection: reduce the number of projectiles from 4 to 3
Rolling Lava: % dmg and + dmg reduce

Cleric
Justice Crash: Change Stun effecto Float
Judgment Hammer: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Judgment Hammer EX: Reduce shooting range
Relic Shock: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Consecration: % dmg and + dmg reduce

Academic
Big Mecha Bomber: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Chainsaw Tower: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Splash: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Ice Beam: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Healing Shower: Healing amount is reduced

Kali
Chaos Formation: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Specter of Pain: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Praetor: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Gust Demensia: % dmg and + dmg reduce
Gust Demensia EX: superarmor nerf

Assassin
Raven: Cannot change direction while casting Applause
Light Bringer: MP recovery is recovered during Healing of Chakra

Velskud Transformation Fashion

Fashion set which allows you to transform into Velskud and uses his skills. DN CN got this last month.

Crescent Dream Spirit

Level up, grow and evolve.

Others
* Achievement Point Shop: enable players to buy items from the shop with gold, provided if players have accumulated the minimum total achievement point.
- most item requires 15000 points: goddess tear, goddess sigh, life essence, seal, black feather (hard core mode), super diamond, super altea gem.
- black dragon inverse scale requires 35000 points
- all items has daily or weekly buy amount limit

* Entry level of chaos mode and abyss hell mode of dungeons lowered to lv65

Other minor changes, bug fix will not be translated...

Future Update Schedule

The following update schedule and class revamp direction are detailed in the official site of DN KR. A brief summary is translated here.

July: Lencea, Artillery Skill Boost

Artillery will be boosted to A-rank damage dealer; little change to skill tree, strengthen skills to boost DPS.

August: Elestra and Acrobat Skill Boost

Elestra currently purely serves as ice-stacker in PVE. Its reliance on ice stacking will be change and ice stacking mechanics will be modified as well.

Acrobat now has high evasion and mobility, but doesn't deal sufficient damage. Their skills will be strengthen, with little modification to the skill tree.

September: Physician and Guardian Skill Boost

Physician is one of the least popular character now. Major revamp will be implemented, for increase healing amount and dps mechanic which is not reliant on fire/ice skills. Love virus is expected to receive a major boost.

Guardian role as a tanker will be supplemented with other features, but DPS will not be changed significantly.

For some reason, Screamer skill change is not mentioned at all???

Reference:
http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-39606849-1-1.html
http://dn.happyoz.com/article/story/read.asp?0pb3A1k0AHX0s0dxp08RZAW3NHdik1PuJY12Snk3m4zcgxd14i4Wy13dmTd3
http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-39601206-1-1.html
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=13211&snA=141579&tnum=12
http://dn.happyoz.com/news/notice/read.asp?0pb3A1k0AHX0uctWC0r770R1HmNH11osTG12Cw0Yg09UGWV2

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Jun 25, 2014 6:30 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 24, 2014 11:55 am
yeah... either devs still have no idea what to do with sniper or it's all just some shitty trolling at this point.

i gave up on trying to understand.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 24, 2014 12:05 pm
    i was like wow cheating ex boost~ *click* CD reduce by FIVE seconds~
    goes back to the emo corner[SMILE=24]

Jun 24, 2014 12:09 pm
    no screamer revamp yet?

Jun 24, 2014 12:33 pm
    Reply 2#  103.*.*.217

i agree with you... i was having the same reaction as well when i notice the title of the thread in duowan..

that's why i don't even feel like translating haha

Signature

Jun 24, 2014 12:34 pm
    Reply 3#  Palooza

unfortunately no..... will need to wait another 2 weeks again...

Signature

Jun 24, 2014 2:29 pm
    o(╥﹏╥)o

No screamer revamp

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 24, 2014 4:49 pm
      Rumor has it that the Screamer revamp was pushed back because of DWC. That means the wait could be way longer than 2 weeks...

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
      - [NA] SaitoHikari (Saint) and Alilatias (Artillery), leader of <Salvation>
      - [kDN] SaitoHikar (Saint), member of <1HP>
      Jun 24, 2014 6:32 pm
      Can't comprehend why they're trolling Sniper

Jun 24, 2014 7:47 pm
      Latest update from half-sugar

[ silent changes, not in update note ]

4. Moonlord: Magic Boost (passive)

5. Crusader: Justice Power (passive)

He will test it out when the server opens later, whether the original attack refers to the attack stats before or after other att buff.

Reference:
      http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-39601206-1-1.html

Signature

Jun 24, 2014 9:12 pm
      Laser Cutter EX will be more similar to none ex in pvp [SMILE=24]

Jun 24, 2014 9:26 pm
      Omg, eyedentity has released their update schedule for class boost

Screamer revamp is delayed from may, to june and now OCTOBER!

Translating the rest soon

Reference:
      http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-39602315-1-1.html

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 24, 2014 10:56 pm
        ... Just, lol. = =

Just need to take a look at PvP, quite a few Physicians in there. Screamers are still lackluster/ unpopular in PvE and PvP.

Artillery: Already a strong DD class. Sorry that Artilleries can't match up to Ravens? WTB> Sniper upgrade?

Lencea? Probably going to ruin all other DD classes anyways, why even bother buffing a few other DPS classes when Lencea will likely beat them by a thousand yards, if Chaser gave any indication of what to expect.

Ice stack changes probably going to turn the game inside- out; Seleana is extremely powerful, but still performs bad in parties (hell, 80 cap even gave her LONGER casting times). Nothing interesting can be done solo.

Dancers are starting to fall under the radar now: double Raven/ Assassin was already beginning to overtake Dancers, but with the slight nerf to their P2 (not that it wasn't neccesarily needed) and their lower damage, especially compared to what we can expect for the boosts (in comparison to the ML, Adept, Seleana, etc. buffs) to any other damage competition, they'll be likely starting to die out.

Physician is a fine healer, Heal Shower was too unreliable/ long CD (unless EX was that big of a change?) for debuff removal+ her support was very limited, compared to Bringer. However Poison Break EX's healing was fairly powerful in its own right, and having a short(ish?) CD, and she still had strong damage potential (until you compare what she can do to what Bringers can do).

90% of their balancing problems could have been solved by: nerfing Assassins. Nerf either a Bringers damage, or their healing/ curing potential; and attempt to balance the insanely broken ease of use/ top tier damage/ and damage duplication buff that Chasers (mainly Ravens) have. They could have done some nerfs to bring Assassins on par, then did final adjustments to tweak everything to fulfill a specific niche. Instead, they decide to re-vamp/ give MAJOR boosts to  every other class. Dev logic.

They keep re- using content: we haven't seen a new skill since 50 cap (which is now 3 years behind), and the supposed Tel- Numara of 60 cap was harshly scrapped (instead, we got a bigger SH? Yay?), so we haven't seen a new town since 40 cap (pretty much 4 years, 4 years without a new town) either. I was expecting BDN to follow the route they took with DDN: having uber difficult mechanics, and adding in mechanics from Guardian/ Mist nest. Instead, they created another DPS race nest: horray for GDN v2. The only "new" things we really get are classes, and they tend to forget about every other class that existed in the game in the process of creating these new classes. Hence, "balance" is pretty much unacheiveable (Engineer at 50 cap, Dancer at 60 cap, Raven/ Bringers as they are now).

They've spent the past 2-3 years pushing themselves into the state the game is in, and now they're trying to fix things? They've been far from secretive of their past balancing plans: make a few classes strong, then after enough time/ people stop spending, boost a different class so that people keep switching/ spending cash. = = They finally noticed that all lower level content is useless, and that newbies to the game would probably just leave (EX; CDN: where to become half useful, either pick the cheapest support class or spend your life's fortune to have enough gear to take part in content).

TL:DR; 40 cap was pretty good, 50 cap was fun and after that all hell broke loose. They shouldn't have focused so much on milking cash out of veterans/ long time players, and should have focused on keeping a steady flow of new players coming.

Signature

CN- 华中电信一区
        IGN: Belladonna, Grim丶雪花 (I have more chars, but mostly just for PvP. c:)

KR- Dunno wt server, too lazy to check zz
        IGN: 추운Love, 추운Tear

"At the temple there is a poem called "Loss", carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read loss, only feel it."
        Jun 24, 2014 10:56 pm
        Wow. Devs screwed over screamers lol...

Signature

Dragon Nest
        NA DN - LvL 60 Ice Witch - RoseofLove
        CDN - LvL 80 Elestra - RoseofLove
        CDN - LvL 80 Gear Master - LilyofHope
        CDN - LvL 80 Light Fury - EnvyEX
        CDN - LvL 80 Raven - WrathEX
        KDN - Lvl 80 Flurry - 장미Spear

Youtube Channel (RevertibleFate): http://www.youtube.com/user/RevertibleFate

Brave Frontier
        Revert ( ID: 2211212567)
        Jun 25, 2014 12:38 am
        The Screamer revamp was a rumor people took too seriously.

Anyway, Japan also got that Velskud costume a month ago, in case you wanna add. I wonder why Korea got it so late.

Jun 25, 2014 12:42 am
        I'll translate the text that Half-Sugar posted since it is so entertaining xD

It's mainly about the perceived issues with the aforementioned classes as well as the balancing direction.

*Words in blue are HS' comments

ED actually has the balls to release their update timeline this time!!
        It has to be said that the screamer changes have been delayed from May/June to October.
        So, what was what you mentioned during the conference for? (Sieg: Obviously they didn't know DWC was coming up? xD)

- - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - -

July: Lencea and Artillery

Artillery
        Designated as an A-ranked damage dealer in a party.
        Practically speaking though, her capabilities are not up to par for the task. Her movement capabilities have to be upgraded too. (Hold on, Artillery's flow of movement is just under Raven..)

Bowmaster was supposed to be a long ranged character
        However, due to the nature of her skills, she is forced to play at close range (Sieg: Lol, while an up-close Arti is obviously far better,who have not seen all the long ranged Artillery players running around spamming everything but Swift Shot)
        The only ranged attack, Guided Missiles is nothing special either (Sieg: I'm glad you know how weak that skill is for a 32, [and don't talk to me about PvP, I can't hear you] but what happened to Extension Arrow o.O)

Balance Direction
        The DPS potential of Artillery as an A-ranked damage dealer will be felt clearly
        The skill tree will not have much of a change
        We will change the problematic skills as well as make them more appealing, allowing the class to have a more interesting playstyle with the concept of a heavy firepower DPS as the focus

Hold on... Artillery's skills being flawed... are there any?
        DPS model and movement are already pretty good...
        It's fine to raise the board damage alone, something like 8000% Swift Shot, but don't touch the skills and coefficients...

ED's understanding of Artillery puts Half-Sugar ill-at-ease...

My take: Having played some people's Artillery on and off during 70 cap, it is undoubted that Artillery was unable to hold her own even before the magical breeze revamp occurred, if one didn't bug-abuse. I agree with HS that Artillery's controls are smooth enough, Raven's ease of use is just over the top in the first place.
        One thing that I feel HS fails to take into account is that Artillery is not friendly to new players at all (not talking about long range spammers of course, who have no idea what the class can do), along with the fact that her DPS model is too sustained for the burst-heavy nature of the game DN has become. I get the feeling HS doesn't want too much of a change in the skills themselves so that he has lesser work to do when reporting changes. ^^

August: Elestra and Acrobat

Elestra
        A class that has been left untouched for a long time
        Dependent upon ice stacking for a role in parties, aside from ice stacking there are no highlights to Elestra at all.
        It has to be said that the advantage of ice stacking alone is the sole reason why so many players opt for Elestra.

Problem Points: Over-reliant on ice stacking. From experience, aside from ice stacking, there is simply no entertainment value in playing Elestra (Sieg: I agree, but ice-stacking can be fun as long as you're not doing it constantly from my experience. It's good to take a "break" from DPS once in awhile)

Balance Direction: Changes to the ice stacking mechanic will be part of it. They will discuss more about this. (Sieg: a.k.a they are still clueless, this does not bode well...)

My take: Elestra is overwhelmingly powerful as long as the INT suffix continues to exist. As many people have found out for themselves, the Adept + Seleana combination is not just limited, but the INT suffix trigger is just way too powerful an effect. Elestra's ice stacking capabilities is so overwhelming that not much investment is required to make her an effective character. I believe that whatever revamp comes, this key advantage will be lost...

Acrobat
        Able to soar like a bird, a class that oozes elegance (Sieg: Alright, I embellished it xD)
        Despite the high difficulty of control and the rapid action nature of the class, the damage potential of the class does not justify it

Problem Points: (The highlight of the class is) Attacking and evading at the same time, but the damage potential of the class does not reflect the skill required to carry that out. (Sieg: words in brackets are added by me to give context to the sentence)

Balance Direction: To realize an Acrobat's playstyle takes a lot of practice, but that effort is not well rewarded by a corresponding increase in DPS. Similarly (Sieg: to Artillery I presume) there will not be much of a change in the skill tree, but the intention is to let Acrobats achieve a damage output that corresponds to their skill level

My take: I personally consider a Windwalker in Showtime the hardest character to play in the game (and Manny agrees with me xD). Honestly I don't give a damn about the state of balance in DN anymore, though more damage to acrobats is always nice. How will they realize it though? Commonly brought up solutions include increasing damage based on the combo counter, but is that telling all acrobats who have bad ping to drop the class? Imo, the biggest highlight of acrobats is their relatively sustained damage gameplay, which is not as effective in the burst-centric DN. Giving acrobats burst might help alleviate that but the playstyle of the class will shift a lot as well. Windwalkers' biggest issue right now is Showtime getting cleared so fast they cannot do anything useful with it.

September: Physician and Guardian

Physician
        Speaking of the most pitiable class, that is undoubtedly Physician (You know that too?)
        However, we regret to say that the Physician balance will occur only in September.
        Because we wish to give Physician the greatest makeover, we believe September is the best opportunity to implement the changes. (What about Screamers?)

Problem Points: Pretty much ineffective without picking up the Adept (fire/ice) tree skills.
        The class was designed to have damage, heals and support, but the reality we have now is insufficient damage, insufficient heal, and insufficient support (Sieg: wtf, insufficient heal? They gonna make physician a cow or something?)

Balance Direction: Love Virus will definitely be much more impactful. The current Physician does not have a clearly defined role, most Physician players pick up the class mainly because of her capability to act cute...
        The intention is to give Physician a clearly defined role, using that as the basis for a major makeover
        (It should be said... You guys (ED) have always defined the role of the nurse to be acting cute, isn't it?) (Sieg: xD, one of the best sentences by HS in that post)

Guardian
        Remain discriminated? (Sieg: It's a pun on how Guardian is pronounced in Chinese, the hanyu pinyin for those being sheng qi shi)
        The guardian of a party; having crossed swords with legions of strong adversaries, he now bears a fading countenance (Yes, the original text is this sore, including the sarcastic usage of the pun!) (Sieg: Lol, gg ED)

Problem Points: Due to the Dragon Jade system (suffix/pot -->Dragon Jade), relative to other classes, the HP and VIT advantage has been reduced. Block is not of much use as well (A lot of bosses basically ignore that skill)

Balance Direction: Need to increase the resoluteness that is characteristic of a main tank!! (Sieg: a.k.a able to absorb more attacks instead of having to dodge along with the rest of us?)
        A lot of the players have feedback that Guardian's mobility and damage is far too weak!

The intention is to increase the options of the class more using the concept of a tank as the basis, to strengthen the areas that tanks are not performing up to standard in. However, there will not be any major changes to the damage potential of the class.

My take: The decline of Guardian in 70 cap was easily predictable. Firstly, Guardians were never popular outside of DDN in the first place due to their DPS potential. Even in the DDN era, many Guardians were complaining about not being taken for Prof K and Typhoon, unless a party was going to help them get DDN tickets in hell mode. They were often discriminated for dailies as well. The weakening of the bubble to not grant infinite SA anymore, along with the relative lack of utility of provoke removed the greatest advantage of Guardians. Their favoured use in BDN was for Elemental Aura....

(End of translation)

P.S. I have no intent of disparaging the translation provided by the other translator in the thread Chocorroles pointed to, in fact I am happy people are taking the effort to give back to the DN community. I am just a stickler for certain things ^^ I just found the post entertaining and wanted to portray a more exact interpretation of it

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at Jun 25, 2014 2:41 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        Jun 25, 2014 12:44 am
        Reply 12# Freu

Part of the reason we do not have new towns is that there is no need anymore.

Repairs? You can do that anywhere. Skill masters? Why do you want them when you can learn skills alone. You can literally put the quest related, market or friendship NPCs anywhere. Now the reasons left would be access to storage and trading house but Saint Haven does well, and you can just place the NPCs anywhere in the fields.

In fact, not only Tel Numara was scrapped. Anu Arendel was supposed to be a town with two fields. Some say it's lack of time, but you need to see the whole picture and you will realize a town is now a waste of development. Look how everyone was hyped for Lotus Marsh and now it's abandoned. The fact that you obtain better experience bonus from Saint Haven also contributes to other towns being left empty. Saint Haven is the perfect hub right now.

[ The post was edited by Chocorroles at Jun 25, 2014 2:55 am ]

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 25, 2014 12:51 am
          Reply 15#  sieg_freedom

It was already translated in case you wanna save yourself some time: http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic/224984-kdn-job-balancing-timeline/#entry2397762

Jun 25, 2014 1:19 am
          Reply 16#  Chocorroles

But... how does that relate to my comment of screamers being screwed 0.0....

Signature

Dragon Nest
          NA DN - LvL 60 Ice Witch - RoseofLove
          CDN - LvL 80 Elestra - RoseofLove
          CDN - LvL 80 Gear Master - LilyofHope
          CDN - LvL 80 Light Fury - EnvyEX
          CDN - LvL 80 Raven - WrathEX
          KDN - Lvl 80 Flurry - 장미Spear

Youtube Channel (RevertibleFate): http://www.youtube.com/user/RevertibleFate

Brave Frontier
          Revert ( ID: 2211212567)
          Jun 25, 2014 1:30 am
          Reply 17#  Chocorroles

No offence to the translator intended, but that translation has a lot of mis-statement to say the least. I'll carry out my own translation to match the intention of the original source as close as possible, while adding my own pov.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
          DDN Wild Party Guide
          Youtube Channel
          Tempest Mini-Guide

Quick Reply:DN KR 25th Jun 2014 Update: PVP Skill Changes; Future Update Schedule

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »