Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Dragon Nest KR Summer Update Preview - Level 80 Cap, Lencea, Volcano Nest

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Dragon Nest KR Summer Update Preview - Level 80 Cap, Lencea, Volcano Nest

Jun 3, 2014 1:22 am

Dragon Nest KR Summer Update Preview 

Dragon Nest KR official website has released the teaser page for the upcoming major content update in this summer.

June 2014
• Release of level 80 cap
• New dungeon areas:
- Lava River: Monitor Tower, Wailing Wall, Eye of Goddess, Praying Heart
- Mountain of Fire: Foggy Ruins, Shadow Tomb, Flame Canyon, Hell of Hot Wind

July 2014
• Release of new class : Lencea
• New Nest: Volcano Nest; Boss - Phoenix

Reference:
http://dn.happyoz.com/teaser/intro.asp

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Jun 24, 2014 8:15 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Jun 3, 2014 1:57 am
get hype!

not really.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 3, 2014 3:00 am
    Here we go again. Can't be worse than 70. No hype allowed until we actually get REAL new skills.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN

IGN:
    Abyssion - MoonLord - Lvl50
    Kratos - Saint - Lvl50

Jun 3, 2014 9:11 am
    We're already waiting since 3 years for actual new skills, as if those ever appear, while 90 cap should give us new ones since they ran out on EX skills... yay 1 year until new skills...

And these old bosses that are simply used again and again, ugh. Those decisions should yield in a lot of free time for them, yet, for some reason, nothing really satisfying comes from them.

While I'm curious about Lencea and whether she will destroy PvP even more, which should be easy for the devs.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN
    Server: 华中电信一区
    Guild: FREEDOM
    IGN: Azure
    Class: Smasher

Dragon Nest EU
    IGN: Gielen, Ykime, _theBlue
    Class: Guardian, Sentinel, Obscuria
    Jun 3, 2014 10:13 am
    Reply 3#  Dyhakys

haha, they could still buy another year with EX version of ultimate skills ^_^

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
    Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
    Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Jun 3, 2014 10:19 am
    No!

Jun 3, 2014 10:59 am
    Reply 4#  chaose5

Would atleast make more sense than the 45/50 EX skills in terms of differentiate the lv45 classes, but I would still prefer seeing new skills, especially since we got 4 more slots in our hotkeybar several months ago.

Maybe we have to wait for DN 2 to get new skills, meh.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN

Dragon Nest EU

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 4, 2014 1:08 am
      I like EX, I find them better and more interesting than getting new skills.

I hate the fact that they added more slots to quick bar, I don't even use them.

Also I'm hype.

Jun 4, 2014 2:32 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by Chocorroles at Jun 4, 2014 1:08 am
      I like EX, I find them better and more interesting than getting new skills.

I hate the fact that they added more slots to quick bar, I don't even use them.

Also I'm hype.     
      so.... another 10 level grinding just for 1 ex skill?

Jun 4, 2014 6:55 am
      With how DN has been balancing classes n wat not...Heck just look at the New 80EXs alone..U can see some is just shit while others is WTF...
      Are you sure u wanna see new skills?

But still i believe there will be new skills..Its logical if i predict a new ultimate..but at lvl 100 last cap?ahaha

Jun 4, 2014 12:41 pm
      InsideDN found an intro video in the client. He also found tentative skill descriptions for all EX.

[url]http://insidedn.tumblr.com/post/87813111342/lv-80-cap-intro?nxid=62[/url]
      [url]http://insidedn.tumblr.com/post/87808685292/lv80-ex-skills-descriptions-and-values[/url]

- SaitoHikari, not at home

mobile forum
      posted via cellphone

Jun 4, 2014 1:59 pm
      Reply 8#  Constatino

New skills just bring more potential balancing problems. Honestly this game could perfectly manage itself with 8~10 skills, there are quite a lot of skills people don't use at all.

Early level skills are just a waste of points and slots, we could have used the same skills from the beginning, just less powerful versions with low damage, low range/aoe and low duration, and have them improve as you level and improve further with EXs.

I don't understand the mmorpg player mentality of "waa waa I want new skills". Also skill trees are a very shitty system overall that mmos should have dropped long ago but still don't for some reason.

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 4, 2014 2:07 pm
        Reply 11#  Chocorroles

didn't you read one of the latest eyedentity interviews, where person responsible for balance went like "welp, i knew assassin's gonna be broken but what can you do, i need to feed my family".

in other words - it's possible to make balanced game with 100 classes having 100 skills each, but if devs don't want to, it doesn't matter how many skills there is..
        also, new skills is always nice because "new" is absolutely required to keep game healthy and EX's just aren't quite cutting it.

Jun 4, 2014 2:22 pm
        Broken EX, Broken EX skills everywhere...

Signature

Dragon Nest CN

Dragon Nest EU
        Jun 4, 2014 2:42 pm
        Reply 12#  perfecti

I did, and I knew it already anyway. This is a common marketing tactic, this is why I never really worried about Assassin being overpowered :U

In fact, Addison Kang from DNSEA already explained this, like a year ago I think. Devs mess up the balance in purpose to motivate people to try the new classes and to "crowd control" when a class is getting too popular. This is also profitable because lots of people are willing to spend money to gear up the new character.

They did the same for Academic and Kali, they will do the same for Lencea.

Let's leave aside the overpowered classes. I was actually thinking of the problem between subclasses like the eternal Smasher vs Majesty. Piling up more third class skills is a waste, and will just add more to the long list of "skills nobody uses anymore that I just need to learn yo be able to jump to the next and waste my SP on it". It is better to add EX for existing skills to differentiate each and stop one from benefiting too much of skills from the other. Or worded differently: Make one class benefit of it's own skills the most so they will have less reasons to borrow from the other branch. Hope I'm not being confusing, not sure how to explain this in English.

If developers are aiming to make subclasses more unique, then I believe EXs are the right decision.

Jun 4, 2014 3:08 pm
        Reply 14#  Chocorroles

i disagree, new skills is a better way to differentiate subclasses, but whatever, so far we're getting EX's and gotta wait for "new" new skills who knows how long.. so meh

Jun 4, 2014 3:29 pm
        " It is better to add EX for existing skills to differentiate each [...]"

Yes, especially when the other class in terms of 45 / 50 EX skills doesn't even have access to those skills, which makes it impossible to differentiate from each other more.

Most of the EX skills effects are just taken from other skills.
        Hurricane Dance EX has the green glow from Eagle Dive EX
        Chaos Formation EX has the red lines from BD ultimate on the ground too.
        Ice Barrier EX has an inbuild Shatter-effect.
        etc.

They're just freaking lazy and the statement about them messing up the balance on purpose is also laughable. With those buffs they just create different dead classes. And as if 1 op class is more lucrative than having all 4 classes balanced so you can switch to any of them if you're bored and aren't forced to stay with one because the other three are completely useless.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN

Dragon Nest EU

MMOsite Special Offer

Jun 5, 2014 12:21 pm
          As the others have said, very lazy design, with complete lack of immagination.

Signature

Freedom Official IRC channel

Permanently quit official servers. Selling cDN account for BTC. Not FullFD anymore. 60S armors, 50L weapons.

Currently playing pservers.
          Jun 5, 2014 6:22 pm
          Now let us see which classes will get replaced by the devs with Lencea lol.

Signature

Dragon Nest
          NA DN - LvL 60 Ice Witch - RoseofLove
          CDN - LvL 80 Elestra - RoseofLove
          CDN - LvL 80 Gear Master - LilyofHope
          CDN - LvL 80 Light Fury - EnvyEX
          CDN - LvL 80 Raven - WrathEX
          KDN - Lvl 80 Flurry - 장미Spear

Youtube Channel (RevertibleFate): http://www.youtube.com/user/RevertibleFate

Brave Frontier
          Revert ( ID: 2211212567)
          Jun 5, 2014 6:29 pm
          If her buff is broken: Acrobat, Force User
          If her DPS is broken: Everything that was buffed in 2014 + Chaser

Or she turns out like Screamer, useless, so they can milk the community more with Assassin until the 9th class will be released, which then will be as op as ASN was during 70 cap.

Signature

Dragon Nest CN

Dragon Nest EU

Quick Reply:Dragon Nest KR Summer Update Preview - Level 80 Cap, Lencea, Volcano Nest

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »