Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) DN KR 23rd Apr: Hero Battle Field, Special Skill Jade

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

DN KR 23rd Apr: Hero Battle Field, Special Skill Jade

Apr 23, 2014 12:06 am
DN KR 23rd Apr Update Note

Hero Battle Field
Entry level: level 70
Entry ticket: Dimensional key
Member: 1
Clear count per week: 5 times
Mode: Normal and Hard mode.
Revive: 3 times

* Choose your ally: Geraint, Argenta or Velskud

* 5 Rounds of battle; random select for each round.
* 5th round bosses = Legendary heroes: Nerwin, Barnac, Karacule or Teramai.
* The bosses are not immune to abnormal status; however, the word "reduced" appears when you try to timestop or freeze for example, the duration is reduced to ~1sec, but it can cancel the skill casting of bosses.

* Rewards: Skill shards (for technique accessories crafting), Special Skill Jade (see below)

Special Skill Jade

* Can be obtained from the new Hero Battle Field.
* Cannot be traded.
* Only 6 types of released in this update (more types are found in the uistring of client)
* these skill jades can only be equipped to helm part.
* will not be triggered in PVP.

Another Chance Skill Jade
Effect:  when your superarmor is destroyed while casting skill (except for ultimate), gain a superarmor buff for 10 sec. CD 20 sec

Acrobatic Skill Jade
Effect: Increase the invincible frame duration slightly (from 0.37 sec to 0.5sec)

Revenge Skill Jade
Effect: Effect trigger after receiving damage of >30% max HP. Deal additional 20% damage when landing critical hits, duration 15sec.  

Irresistible Force Skill Jade
Effect: Increase movement speed by 40% when you kill an enemy, duration 10sec.

Seeping Pain Skill Jade
Effect: Strengthen Normal attack. Deal additional damage equivalent to 300% of the higher value between physical or magical attack.  6 times continuous damage every 2sec (each tick is 50%)

Tree of Life Skill Jade
Effect: Increase the healing amount of yourself and your party members within 3m range by 15%.

Others

* Grand Achievement system.
* reduce durability wear in normal and hard mode dungeons.

Reference:
http://dn.happyoz.com/news/notice/read.asp?0pb3A1k0AHX0B95TU0XrxOJ1NHdik1PuJY12L79T51JdAry2
http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-38524527-1-1.html
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=13211&snA=139631&tnum=6

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Aug 15, 2014 6:22 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

Bookmark and share to your friends

Apr 23, 2014 1:16 am
soo, wait, where do these new jades go, in existing slot or they'll add a new one?

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 23, 2014 1:59 am
    how many skill shards per run? depends on difficulty as well?

Apr 23, 2014 7:16 am
    The people of 1HP Korea wrote up a preliminary guide.

http://dragonnest.nexon.net/community/forum#%2Fshowthread.php%3F1159690-Chamber-of-Heroes%26nxid%3D62

It's really fun, but it really showcases the class imbalance in this game. Since bosses are fully subject to being comboed and debuffed due to having low SA, classes that are built for keeping opponents locked down (Bringers with their summons) will have a much easier time than those who aren't (full PvE built Saints). I'd imagine this could be why Engineers are being given direct utility buffs later.

Some bosses are recycled, but mostly only in terms of look. Everyone has new abilities to murder you with. For example, Elena can use Inquisitor skills, Ignacio casts a modified version of Grand Cross that inflicts damage on slashing windup, and Goblynn is apparently a Force User.

The class heroes in the final fight are fully capable of using all skills from their respective 4 class branches, including EX effects and ultimates. You either have to keep your ally alive to help make things easier or you really need to know how to combo PvP-style.

It's a refreshing change of pace actually, unlike the usual unlimited SA BS that floods the rest of PvE. It's basically PvE with PvP debuff/SA/combo rules.

The new jades go in the helmet skill jade slot, much like how conversion jades are red offensive jades that only go in the primary weapon slot.

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.
    - [NA] SaitoHikari (Saint) and Alilatias (Artillery), leader of <Salvation>
    - [kDN] SaitoHikar (Saint), member of <1HP>
    Apr 23, 2014 10:54 am
    First update in YEARS that got me really excited. Can't wait. A pvp-like experience against the high end bosses, legendary heroes is something I've desired for a long time.

Hopefully they don't bypass block, stance of faith and avatar with all their skills...

Signature

Freedom Official IRC channel

Permanently quit official servers. Selling cDN account for BTC. Not FullFD anymore. 60S armors, 50L weapons.

Currently playing pservers.
    Apr 23, 2014 11:17 am
    I hope at 100 cap we become like those heroes, and be able to use all 4 classes skills (end to discrimination), and more possibilities to create unique characters.

Apr 23, 2014 2:28 pm
    Reply 4#  Tarkel

I'd assume they don't bypass anything unless the boss has a special mechanic (Ignacio judgment especially).

The dungeon is literally an all-out PvP-style slug fest. You either combo them or get comboed to death. Seriously, I cannot stress this enough. You NEED to know how to combo, or else you WILL get eaten alive.

Thankfully they all follow the same rules that player characters do in terms of SA and hit states (stumbling/knockdown), although immobility debuffs have halved duration against them.

Signature

Writer of the DN fanfics League of the Unfortunate (on hiatus) and Trial by Fire.

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 24, 2014 3:14 am
      HalfSugar video translated:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ya_Zqm8H3g

Terramai is awesome!

Signature

Permanently quit official servers. Selling cDN account for BTC. Not FullFD anymore. 60S armors, 50L weapons.

Apr 24, 2014 3:58 am
      Adept in HB:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzstDP36QwQ

Light Fury in HB:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O4Rv2T9KyE

GM in HB:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWlbosHdb8

Elestra in HB:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w9Qs4J75DY

It's kind if ironic that the only thing holding these heroes back is their horrible AI. If the devs had put a proper AI it would be a massacre, regardless of which class the player uses...

Signature

Apr 24, 2014 8:06 am
      i wonder what will happen if we got hit by GA EX continued by ice sphere, rolling lava then Spectrum shower EX, or just literary any combo of 32 EX of sorce... that will be.. hellish..

Apr 24, 2014 9:50 am
      Reply 7#  Tarkel

Melee, MT, Ranged? Those are the official descriptions given to Geraint, Argenta and Velskud? That's like the total opposite of what I have been seeing.

Also I'm certain Velskud's Super Armor is weaker than Argenta's, almost anything drains it.

Also, what is holding the enemies back is really their horrible Super Armor... It's really dumb how everyone can be stagged or juggled, that kills the challenge of fighting big enemies.

Nerwin is the only one who seems to have an AI problem which makes me wonder what the hell went wrong there. In all of the videos I have seen she is making questionable choices or sometimes standing.

[ The post was edited by Chocorroles at Apr 24, 2014 10:04 am ]

Apr 24, 2014 10:04 am
      Quote: Originally Posted by Chocorroles at Apr 24, 2014 9:50 am
      Reply 7#  Tarkel

Those are the descriptions given to Argenta, Geraint and Velskud? That's like the total opposite of what I have been seeing. I'm not sure why HalfSugar calls that Velskud a ranged attacker though, not even his video reflects that.

Also I'm certain Velskud's Super Armor is weaker than Argenta's, almost anything drains it.

Also, what is holding the enemies back is really their horrible Super Armor... It's really dumb how everyone can be stagged or juggled, that kills the challenge of fighting big enemies.

Nerwin is the only one who seems to have an AI problem which makes me wonder what the hell went wrong there. In all of the videos I have seen she is making questionable choices or sometimes standing.     
      Every single hero does one questionable choice after another...
      As I said above, if these 4 heroes had a proper high-end AI or were driven by a human player they would be gods, wiping out even 4-man teams of players without many issues, low SA or not.

I do agree that some huge enemies like Umamba having low SA is kinda ridiculous, but it does make sense within the point of the dungeon, although I REALLY dislike the fact that it's balanced that way. I'd have preferred a normal gear-based dungeon, or another method of balancing (perhaps mirroring the stats of the player?).

Unsure about the 3 starters, but I really hope they don't nerf Velskud, he's really the only chance low-dps classes like the clerics have to clear this FARMING dungeon in an acceptable amount of time.

Also, another critique first addressed by Dildo with which I agree: dungeon is too long. It would have been preferable it having at most 3 enemies, or even just one big and strong boss.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 24, 2014 10:11 am
        Reply 11#  Tarkel

Yup, that's the downside of nerfing Velskud's damage. What's left to Clerics?

It's long because they wanted to give it an arcade mode fighting game feel, but it becomes eternal if you aren't a DPS...

I'm expecting they add more modes. No assist, or 3 vs 3, etc. or that they update it with more fighters or else this can get boring quick.

Apr 24, 2014 10:17 am
        Quote: Originally Posted by Chocorroles at Apr 24, 2014 10:11 am
        Reply 11#  Tarkel

Yup, that's the downside of nerfing Velskud's damage. What's left to Clerics?

It's long because they wanted to give it an arcade mode fighting game feel, but it becomes eternal if you aren't a DPS...

I'm expecting they add more modes. No assist, or 3 vs 3, etc. or that they update it with more fighters or else this can get boring quick.     
        There is one mode that would be incredibly fun:
        4 heroes (controlled by human players, though bigger skillbars are needed ) vs 8 or 10 normal players. I'd be EXTREMELY curious to see what 4 coordinated human players can do with 4 characters that have ALL skills of ALL classes fully maxed out...
        Or maybe 7 heroes vs 16 normal players.

It probably can't be done within a normal dungeon, but it would be very fun as a pvp mode.

Signature

Apr 24, 2014 1:21 pm
        The low SA is REQUIRED for some classes though. The main thing holding all the bosses back is the partners, actually.

I have a video of my Dark Summoner with a successful Hard mode run. As you can see, as soon as Illusion broke through my attacks, he proceeded to take off like half my HP in a matter of like 5 seconds. And I literally had to juggle Nerwin with Velskud's help for 2 minutes straight to kill her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt_qJweYXuA

Nerwin's probably the easiest to fight out of the four heroes. Her skills with the AI don't chain nearly as well as the other three. The only thing annoying about her is the massive amounts of evades she has, which would be troublesome for classes that have to fight her up close and personal.

In order of difficulty I'd think it's...
        - Kasarana (so many debuffs and field control)
        - Teram (constant electrocution, if he gets off Heavenly Judgment or gets you trapped in Consercration, say goodbye to a third of your HP)
        - Varnak (only really has SA break)
        - Nerwin

This dungeon is really stupid for Clerics though. A hard mode run on my Saint took 20-25 minutes, and I'm someone who actually knows how to PvP melee combo as a Saint... If you main a Priest, you're MUCH better off just farming chaos rifts before this dungeon reaches us.

Signature

Apr 24, 2014 2:45 pm
        Been rewatching HS's fight against Karakule and it's making me laugh thinking just how ridiculously overpowered she'd be if she had proper AI: time interruption -> time stop -> ice ball -> time acceleration -> rotate smasher laser with glacial wave, ice ball and lava ball. Game over in 10 seconds for the players, Velskud and any summons...

Signature

Apr 24, 2014 2:53 pm
        Same thing for Terramai actually: with full pally AND priest buffs (cure relic included) he's well over 100% light, add justice crash, relics, all the EXes, AVATAR and Judge's Power, inquisitor lvl45 passive and alll the rest of the stuff and he's pretty much invincible with a proper skill rotation...

[ The post was edited by Tarkel at Apr 25, 2014 12:42 pm ]

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 24, 2014 3:22 pm
          http://www.twitch.tv/gabiota123/b/522290863

34:40

Barnak uses Iron Skin and then Finishing Attack on Velskud.

EDIT: 20 mines later, a hilarious battle between Argenta and Nerwin, with the bringer just meditating and healing Argenta...

[ The post was edited by Tarkel at Apr 24, 2014 3:35 pm ]

Signature

Apr 25, 2014 6:22 pm
          Reply 8#  Tarkel

Elestra is me!

God Belin got me good. :/

Signature

Dragon Nest Korea

Korean Dragon Nest Videos

★Beta★ = Twerk

Apr 26, 2014 7:46 pm
          There's some other Grand/Legendary Achievement stuff in this patch too.

http://dntoplay.com/2014/04/26/23042014-kdn-patch-notes/comment-page-1/#comment-1718

The rewards seem rather insane, but I don't know what to do to achieve any of them LOL

Signature

Quick Reply:DN KR 23rd Apr: Hero Battle Field, Special Skill Jade

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »