Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

May 14, 2013 9:16 am
err knowing that it would be more useful on ddn makes me really wanna drop excel. unfortunately yeah we only have 104 SP :| that makes building my arti really hard. im thinking dropping fake shot to get both level 1 excel and shower but idk if i can, i find fake shot very helpful, one of my life saver skill. never thougt about taking ankle shot. i personally dont like the skill. the 100% matk from arrow shower is hard for me to drop it. i really cant decide right now. if i could just have that 3 more SP :\ i cant even have my ulti max i wanna max it but cant. i find the ulti damage awesome

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

May 14, 2013 9:57 am
Reply 79#  202.*.*.41

You are welcome.

Yes, if I had a 104 SP limit, I would drop Arrow Shower. Having said that, I love it in DDN.

Not really interested in hybrid builds or what not, only in practical DPS. Tracking/Guided just does too low damage, you will not use it every time it is not cooling down, with too many skills taking preference over it. To deal the same amount of damage as 1x cancelled arrow shower (+usage of guided when possible), you would need to use it 3x or more within the same time period. (40s vs 48s (min) too)

Is it possible to level Tracking/Guided? Yes. Is it optimal for DPS? Not really from my experience. I have no idea why so many people love and want me to validate that skill. Well, having said that, I have been told some people think it is not necessary to use this skill. It is, you will be sending everything on cooldown.

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at May 14, 2013 10:37 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
华中电信一区 剑气侠红
Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
DDN Wild Party Guide
Youtube Channel
Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

May 14, 2013 10:13 am
    Reply 80#  121.*.*.115

Yes, you can consider dropping Fake Shot to pick up both, that is a possible variation. I like Fake Shot myself though, immensely useful for burst movement when you need it. For example in DDN

Scorpion: Pre-1X Poison Spin, just fake shot to back away from the scorpion if you are right beside it. Remember using fake shot can cancel some of your skills, most importantly Arrow Shower ^^

Flower: Used to draw bite attack while soloing. Fake Shot from Swift Shot EX immensely useful for DPS-ing during flame geyser. (Can be emulated with Fake Shot if Swift Shot EX is on cd)

Manti: Dodging charge/pounce

Sure, triangle is always a possible option. Fake Shot IS faster though, which can make all the difference sometimes, especially when trying to squeeze out more DPS. It's all about triangle at dragon though, and you can live without fake shot (Unless you want to solo Typhoon Hell and bug out the flame wheels stage)

Ultimate damage is low in DPS terms, but is among the highest burst for artillery (everything pales in comparison to a well placed Swift Shot EX though, that skill does ultimate level damage on a 10s cd)

Ankle Shot is preferable over Guided/Tracking in my book.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    May 14, 2013 10:18 am
    which skills you spam under TA (SB and SA)?

May 14, 2013 10:23 am
    Reply 83#  177.*.*.216

Refer http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20130312/Sieg_Artillery_Build_for_PVE_DDN_Strategy_Updated-513f98f2768976313-3.html#p51876923875a8e

Tip 1: Sieg's TA Combo: Slyph's Aid, (Swift Shot EX, Rapid, Extension rotation, as long as you used Sylph's Aid, you can rotate all 3 skills consecutively till TA is over. Whatever happens, always use Swift Shot EX if possible)
    Hearing people use Tracking under TA is just =.= It just takes too long for too little damage.

Why would they use a filler skill over the more mainstream DPS skills is just a big ??? to me, especially when we can achieve an infinite loop using the above while under TA

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    May 15, 2013 7:24 am
    i wanna ask about weapons. with around 10% FD isnt it better to use 2 50L weapons than use 2 bloody? i find lgrade much easier to enhance than epic seriously. i remember wasting tons of jellies but couldnt get +10 epic bec it keeps downgrading.. so i wanna know which has a better matk. +12 lgrade weap or +10 bloody weap? im planning to stick with high matk. i dont think i can afford fd plates and GA, too expensive. so 5 honorable + 2 lgrade ?

May 15, 2013 7:51 am
    Reply 85#  121.*.*.115

Yes, a mdmg artillery should just use L weapons, especially if not building fd at all. Use 4x Honorable + 1x high enhanced non-set shirt, you wouldn't need the critical bonus if using L weapons. Cheap and flexible, switch shirt to 60S (ddn) when available, then slowly work on getting up to at least the 4th set bonus.

The main reason why I do not list 50L as a primary recommendation is simple, enhancing costs aside, having both weapons drop is a dang pain for some people ^^ Assuming you don't have them drop, are you going to wait forever =P

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

May 15, 2013 8:58 am
      hi seig nice guide. can you post your bm skill. TYIA

May 15, 2013 9:20 am
      Reply 87#  121.*.*.60

I don't understand.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      May 15, 2013 11:21 am
      I was directed to a question on CC forums about Magical Breeze

First of all, do refer to my previous post on Magical Breeze mechanics.

Basically, in all cases that do not cover Point 3 and 4, the difference between your PDMG and MDMG has no relevance to magical breeze's effect (You do understand Point 1 and 2 I hope ^^).

Magical Breeze is just a +FD% buff.

How does this buff work?

It is not a multiplier separate from FD, and works similarly to plates (they are ALL additive, not multiplicative). (I.e. at 100% FD, the damage is not +100% x 1.2 (with plate) but +120%)

Based on the damage shown in the screenshots (Using the non fd test because I don't know his/her FD value, I am probably right in my assumption a Rapid Shot plate is being used):

12 (Magical Breeze Lv2) / (100 + 20 + 12) (Base damage + Plate + Magical Breeze Lv2) = 0.0909090.... ~9%

Therefore, if my assumption of a Rapid Shot plate is correct, magical breeze is working as intended.

This is also the reason why Longbow/Crossbow Mastery is preferred over Magical Breeze at high FD levels. (Around 70% and above) The higher your FD, the lesser the impact of Magical Breeze is (as a % of damage output).

Edit: I just realized the picture was of Cerb nest Minotaurs. Assuming 100% FD (600 for 32 cap iirc), the damage calculation would be

12 (Magical Breeze Lv2) / (100 + 100 + 20 + 12) (Base damage + Max FD + Plate + Magical Breeze Lv2) = 12 / 232 = 0.0517... ~5% (As determined on the test with FD. Assuming the player has max FD, the 5% would be the correct increase in damage from Level 2 Magical Breeze)

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at May 15, 2013 9:33 pm ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      May 15, 2013 12:34 pm
      Sieg, i think spiritual acce is really for those who stack up int especially those who use tech acce.. But if ur using honorable, i might not get that skill to save sp.. I really love arrow shower in my arti so im going to drop it... For the moment, sea still waits for the reset scroll coz the mgmt always hid the reset in every cap to gain profit from cash players..

May 15, 2013 6:12 pm
      Reply 90#  dadiconge

Yes, Spiritual Excellation is for those who stack up INT, which is actually what Artillery should be doing...

I'm not sure what you mean by if I am using honourable. FYI, honourable gives higher mdmg and FD values but a lesser practical DPS output. That is assuming ACS necklace is used, instead of Tracking/Guided.

It is up to you what skills you want to use or drop, no point in me validating skill builds for anyone (especially those people who keep asking about Tracking/Guided).

No real interest in what SEA does =.=

I will just reiterate why I feel Arrow Shower should be dropped at 104 SP - For all it's advantages, Arrow Shower is merely a filler skill, it's damage does not approach ACS, much less Swift Shot. As long as you are comfortable with the filler skills in your rotation, saving the 3 SP on Siege Stance is a good thing. When SEA gets the ice flake plate from Dragon Expedition, you are going to have lesser use for Arrow Shower if you choose to use that plate (and higher DPS). You will need one more skill along with ice flake to make up for Arrow Shower (irine is a good choice, if you guys have that). If you have enough INT, the spiritual excellation boost is considerable.

In the long run, as an artillery, our job is to maximize DPS - that's all we are good for. Unlike engineers, we don't have wax and damage transition. Unlike gladiators we don't have highland + movement speed (good for situations like pressing eye of life at dragon). We are just one furious ball of DPS. The skill build that will allow you as the player to maximize your DPS based on your gear and skill level is the correct build (for you).

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

May 15, 2013 7:17 pm
        Reply 86#  sieg_freedom

Sieg, think ima switch main to sniper soon lol. She has more luck than my shooting star, got agi earrings on 1st craft and good pots after 2 tries. Crit on weapon too haha.

Anyway, how are you ? I heard your friend is using your arti right ?

[ The post was edited by Azunnie at May 15, 2013 8:24 pm ]

Signature

Best friends forever~ <3

IGN : Akemi (Physician) - Main
        Azunnie (Sniper) - Retired
        Minnie(Shooting Star) - Retired
        Deriva (Wind Walker) - Retired
        Kizuto (Gladiator) - Retired

Server : 华中电信二区 (Freedom's server)
        Guild : Freedom
        May 15, 2013 9:09 pm
        Reply 92#  Azunnie

Sieg no good with snipers ^^ Nice luck though.

I'm tired from work xD

Yes, my friend is playing my characters, including Sieg. If she ever tells you she is my sister, ignore her. =.= (I have a sister, but that isn't her)

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        May 15, 2013 9:21 pm
        Reply 93#  sieg_freedom

Sieg sure is lovely....

In that case, can i be your (little) sister ? XP

Signature

Best friends forever~ <3

May 15, 2013 9:41 pm
        Reply 94#  Azunnie

Lovely =.=

You're going way off topic here lol.

And no, one little sister is more than enough. I already have 2 friends in game who claim to be my sisters...

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        May 15, 2013 9:56 pm
        Reply 95#  sieg_freedom

See ?  Sieg is lovely.

Ok well, back to topic then...

But i have nothing to say...

Signature

Best friends forever~ <3

MMOsite Special Offer

May 16, 2013 10:19 pm
          Reply 96#  Azunnie

No, I'm not lovely.

In fact, I've been in a really grumpy mood lately...

Oh well, amount of useful questions in the thread isn't that much ^^

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
          DDN Wild Party Guide
          Youtube Channel
          Tempest Mini-Guide
          May 18, 2013 11:51 am

who has the most damage? sniper or artillery?same equip

May 18, 2013 2:30 pm
          sieg do you know what arti skills can break the SA of green dragon when he's casting swarm ?

Quick Reply:Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »