Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

May 2, 2013 11:36 am
Phew.. That was really a long worth reading guide.  i am a sea player and i honestly love your detailed guide. So yesterday i reset my skill to up swift shot and take arrow shower cause i usually run out of skill whenever i cast all my dps one.

And i ran so many dungeons with ease especially the arrow shower and swift shot. Swift shot even without ex is imba honestly. And im proud to be one of your fun in youtube. Looking forward more of your vidz.

Thanks u so much.

One more thing, does bulls eye add the % magicL dmge to raw stats before computing the skll description. Or does it have to be 1.30% at the end result. But im quite sure it is the former, just to clarrify.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

May 2, 2013 12:47 pm
sir may i know your archer build skill *the archer part* thanks :)..

also with the arrow shower build..is it okay the buff only lv 1? i mean the overall damage will be okay if the buff only lv 1?

thank you :D

Signature

Dragon Nest Indonesia ( Althea ) :
IGN : Phyrolith ( Gladiator 50 )
IGN : Metalith ( Moonlord 50)
IGN : Quarzalith ( Crusader 50 )
IGN : Fairylith ( Artillery 50 )
IGN : Angelith ( Artillery 50 )
IGN : Chibilith ( Adept 50 )
IGN : Demonlith ( Barbarian 50 )
IGN : Aqualith ( Windwalker 50 )
IGN : Holylith ( Saint 50 )

Guild : Ein

Dragon Nest SEA ( Springwood ) :
IGN : Zerolith ( Destroyer 50 )
IGN : Metalith ( Gladiator 50 )
Indonesian Guild - Symphonia | International Guild - Pandora

Dragon Nest CN ( 4th row 5th server ) - Retired
IGN : Aqualithz ( Tempest - 50 )
Guild : ex of PedoSquad

MMOsite Special Offer

May 2, 2013 5:59 pm
    Reply 40#  dadiconge

Thanks.

Arrow Shower is just a preference of mine, but I am considering resetting out of it when I change weapons. The best thing about Arrow Shower is that it is cool ^^

I have no idea what your question means. Basically the damage dealt (by the whole party) increases by 25%-30%, up to a stack of 100% with other debuffs/buffs.

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at May 3, 2013 3:11 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    May 2, 2013 6:08 pm
    Reply 41#  Phyrolith

There have been some people who ask for the Archer tree. Honestly, there is a good reason why I do not post it... it is absolutely irrelevant, just tailor it according to your own needs and preferences. It will have nearly 0 impact on your dps output. The archer page is all about utility. I'm only discussing DPS in this thread.

The buff's impact is entirely dependent upon your INT stat as mentioned in the guide. It is the only skill in the Bowmaster Tree worth sacrificing. The addition of Arrow Shower, provided you know how to abuse it, can potentially make up for the slight loss in DPS on other skills from the buff. Please keep in mind, the Arrow Shower build is not necessarily the best choice, I just happen to like the skill.

You are welcome =)

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    May 5, 2013 2:21 pm

Finally, DDN Clear after 4 months. Not fully non-dc method, we dc-ed once at 2X due to an accident where the tank and elestra died (rotating breath). Still, with the bug of priest attack and defence buff not working, such a clear is satisfactory enough to me.

Will update with gear and stats at time of clearing, as well as general strategy for Artillery in the whole course of DDN in a 8 men party.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    May 5, 2013 6:02 pm
    Hack! Nerf Sieg Please
    Congrats  

Signature

cDN
    Server: 华中电信一区
    Yanagi: Seleana ( My Lovely Bish )
    Chisaki : Blade Dancer
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Aura Kingdom (PS)

Wizard/Necromancer : Yumz
    Bard/sorc: Keeley
    Necromancer/Sorc : Sinfulharlot
    May 6, 2013 12:44 am
    In-Town Stats

With the buff, I have just over 371k HP in DDN. I was using INT over VIT accessories before the Dragon as usual, but forgot to change to VIT yesterday ^^. I have the S-grade life source, but it isn't working in DDN for now.

Main Weapon

My off-hand is tent III suffixed, +10, same pot.

Head Gear

Sleeves, Shoes +10, same pot

Shirt

Shirt and Pants VIT suffix for now, will change to INT II once suffix II is released. VIT was really useful for learning the dragon. Pants +10.

Technique Ring

Same stats and pot on Bullseye Ring. Max INT ACS Necklace, Max INT Swift Shot Earrings
    Stats Title:
    Dark Knight

+110 PDMG/MDMG
    +80 STR/AGI/INT/VIT
    +50 FD

FD built from:
    3 Piece GA (276)
    2 Bloody Weapons (267)
    Title (50)
    Costume (150)
    Tail (150)
    3 Set (150)
    Plates (859)

Honestly though, gear is one thing... But your party, experience, and skill makes the all the difference. I have never been able to get past 15X with a better geared party. (than the one I cleared with)

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at May 7, 2013 2:37 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

May 6, 2013 12:58 am
      Just want to ask a simple question here, from the skill board that i see. ACS and Swift shot max lvl are 15, and when you use technique ring, is it modified that max lvl to 16 with different board damage ?

if it really modified, can you tell the board damage differences? i just think about having 11 ACS and SS if it cant over than 15 and put the sp to other skills

May 6, 2013 1:26 am
      DDN Strategy for Artillery (Stage by Stage)

Before I begin, please take note that what I am advocating is based on my playstyle and understanding of the nest. Regardless of whether it is the most optimal, the concepts here are what have led me to clear DDN.

Artillery is actually a CLOSE RANGE class, with all of it's implications. Remember a raid is not solo, it is ok to take some risks/damage if you have confidence in your party members/yourself.

Tip 1: Sieg's TA Combo: Slyph's Aid, (Swift Shot EX, Rapid, Extension rotation, as long as you used Sylph's Aid, you can rotate all 3 skills consecutively till TA is over. Whatever happens, always use Swift Shot EX if possible)

Tip 2: Triangle owns everything ^^

Flying Ship

Bulls Eye and whack away. Do not stand to the rear of the Snake Lady (If your team is any good, it won't make much of a difference though). When the Death Knight appears, watch out for Line Drive. Red Wave's knock down can be negated by Guardian Force. Tornado, if it appears, is easily evaded using the aerial escape method (Refer to Freedom guide)

Worm

As an artillery, nearly all our skills are able to hit the worm's head. This makes us invaluable at breaking the SA on worm. Upon entering the stage proper, after the barrels, move towards the 5 o clock direction, get all the buffs. When the worm emerges from the centre, start moving closer towards it. You will have to learn to gain a sense for when to Sylph's Aid, then proceed to jump + ACS when it does stomp, then unleash everything you can while it's head is on the ground. Repeat this whenever it does stomp if possible.

For the normal pillars, 1 Swift Shot EX from me if positioned right can bring down nearly half the bar. My main approach to when the worm shoots out the 3 pillars are - go to where the party is gathered, help bring down the hp of that pillar. Move on to next pillar and Swift Shot EX. When the worm approaches the first pillar, use Rapid and Extension to break the first pillar. Rinse and repeat. If it is going to faint, Sylph's Aid if possible,  triangle + ACS to cover the distance, then whack the tail.

Sandpit Hell - You will most likely be the main DPS here. Swift Shot + Extension + Guided should be enough for any artillery (that gets into DDN ^^)

Skills to watch out for

1. Stomp (both types)

Always keep your view on the worm, due to this move. Jump after it jumps. If in doubt, triangle or ACS

2. Spin + Charge

Triangle

3. Rolling Attack

Your position should not be either horizontally or vertically centre. Fake Shot, Triangle, Swift Shot EX for burst movement.

Scorpion

The boss I have done the most, as well as dislike the most for it's mechanics.

Key DPS Points

Aim Extension at it's claws, can get in extra 1-2 hits, more if at corner.

Before 1X Poison Spin, you should move in a circular motion when it spins to move closer to the Scorpion (and watch everyone backing away while you are being a hero ^^). Free Swift Shot EX opportunity.

If ACS is not cooling down, use it when Scorpion does Stomp. Higher chance to not get hit plus easy to land full hits.

When the Scorpion charges, good positioning can allow you to plant an Arrow Shower.

Keep to 45 degrees to 90 degrees of the scorpion (from the front), the best angle to see/avoid attacks. Actually, nothing much can really hit you there.

Scorpion moves so slow, you can use nearly any skill with no fear. Avoid using the Exploding Arrow in Artillery tree if not used to the tempo of the boss, it's the skill that will let you get hit the most.

Skills to watch out for

1. Stomp

Look at scorpion when it goes up, jump at highest point. Go enough times and you go by feeling ^^. If in doubt, Triangle/ACS

2. Poison Wall

Sylph's Aid if no Spirit Boost, wait for wall to open, tumble out

3. Poison Spin EX

Use one of your buffs as a counter, and move away before that. Move alongside the edge and you should be fine generally. If I do not have the aggro, I actually move towards the boss ^^

Manticore

This boss is the toughest to solo, probably the easiest boss in a party (with priest)

Key DPS Points

If the Tornado is on you, buff and fire your long range skills.

If you manage to position the manticore between you and the person with the Tornado, you can just fire off your skills. Close range Swift Shot EX.

Triangle + ACS is the answer to nearly everything, in terms of dodging then attacking. As the manticore NEVER stops attacking, you have to be quite alert throughout the whole fight.

Skills to watch out for

1. Stomp

When you see the manti raise it's claws, at the point it starts to glow, jump. If you are aware of the safe zones from the resulting explosions (easiest being right in front of the head), move towards though. When in doubt, triangle (for the explosions, not the stomp).

2. Flying Stomp

Upon hearing it howl in the air, count 1,2,3 then Jump. Or 1,2, Triangle/ACS (Safer)

3. Tornado

Once I hear the manticore howl, I rotate my view trying to spot who has the tornado.  Even if that person is extremely close to you, out of position, if you respond fast enough, you will be safe (provided there are no jokers who move around)

4. Photon Missile

Sylph's Aid, keep weapon, run. Imagine a third circle in between the outer and inner rings. Run there initially then switch rings, depending on who is in front of you/near you. You can adjust your speed at the edge of the map by pressing A + W (only recommended for those who are more experienced)

5. Charged Photon

Watch for jokers who remain at the middle of the map, there's always an option to run to the sides. If you are familiar enough with the positions of everyone, there is numerous safe spots all over the map actually, I've gotten surrounded by a bunch of light spears without being hit plenty of times by now.

6. Light Balls

Either learn the safe zones, or same old Triangle + ACS. If you are too close to the light ball and do not know the trajectory, use Shift + AD + right click to triangle on the spot.

If you ever get hit by Photon Missile and have no confidence, just stay far away from Manti, watching out for Pounce + Stomp. You can hardly get hit then. Try to survive and dodge the next wave of Photon Missiles.
      Remember to unequip and equip back your weapons if you get hit by Photon.

Flower

Easiest boss to solo once familiar. Very irritating though.

Key DPS Points

Swift Shot EX is crap here. Barely any hits.

Staying close to the boss makes it easier to dodge, and thus DPS. Since the tank will have the aggro, bite is nothing to worry about.

The alternate position to stand, which I use for solo, is the gap between the 2 lines of flame geyser explosions. Safer, but slower to DPS

Sylph's Aid after platforming, you do not want it to be on when jumping platform to avoid accidents.

With Guardian Force you can just DPS blindly.

Skills to watch out for

1. Burning Ground (From Fireball)

Don't stand on it =p

2. Flame Geyser

If in doubt, triangle towards the boss. If it's inner, you will dodge the first hit. If it's outer, just start moving as per normal.

3. Platforming

Approach the middle platform diagonally, to avoid any water sprouting from the ground.

4. Stomp

Jump after hearing the gurgling sound. Then jump again for good measure in case it is triple stomp. If it is, one more jump... For all jumps, use direction + jump. It is also possible to dodge stomps with i-frames.

5. Everything else

Just know where to move.

Most important thing is, NEVER STAND IN FRONT OF THE SMALL FLOWERS. Only in between. A mistake in front of the small flowers get sent to platform, and you will be floating.... (Ignore if there's Guardian Force, but it's still not good to assume such a risky position in case anything happens)

Golem

I don't deal perfectly with golem. I get hit sooner or later, always get caught using a skill =p Don't really die here though, unless too many people are dead and the stellai explodes.

Key DPS Points

At the start, wait for the option to fire Guided to light up before giving Bulls Eye

As long as the boss is not facing your side, go all out.

When the boss is facing your side, always be prepared to Triangle (yes, I know triangle is getting old, it's just THAT GOOD!)

Skills to watch out for

1.Tornado

Run away

2. Rock Fist (from sky)

Run to southeast/southwest corner (safe zone)

3. Swipe, blah blah

Triangle

4. Triple Stomp

If you don't know how to jump, practice at bishop hell mode. If you get hit by the first stomp, triangle + ACS will allow you to avoid the next 2 hits.

5. Everything else

Curse - Know where to stand, just use your long range skills. Swipe etc. all solved by tumble/triangle/swift shot ex i frame.

Dragon

Dragon is a triangle-fest... ^^

The position I assume is in front of left claw, just outside the edge of where the middle sandpit would be if it was summoned.

Tail swipe = Triangle to the left
      Nearly everything else = triangle to the right

I don't attempt to triangle out of flame prison when it activates now, just do it by avoiding the pits. If you triangle and fail to get out, and get knocked to the ground, it is much more dangerous!

Stomp = Hear the wings beat 3x, triangle/ACS, same thing for bind + stomp later

Normal tail spikes = move in a circle, provided there is no overlap

Flying tail spike I choose to move clockwise, since the angle it will come in is 30 degrees counter clockwise (from where it exit)... probably safer.

Sand Breath (including the one with bind), go to same claw position mentioned above.

Rotating Breath without spirit boost = Sylph's Aid + Keep Weapon, with Spirit Boost, just Keep Weapon and move it.

That's about it for DDN! Once you get used to it, your positioning is what keeps you alive most of the time. Will update if I missed out anything.

Feel free to ask if there are any questions!

Append One: Stats as of first clear

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at May 7, 2013 2:42 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      May 6, 2013 3:02 am
      Reply 47#  180.*.*.227

Yes, it goes to Level 16 for a HUGE amp in damage, more than worth it. 17.5% for ACS, slightly over 11% on Swift Shot, which considering that they are the highest DPS skills we have, is a wonderful boost.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      May 6, 2013 4:26 am
      Imba sieg, bring me DDN.[SMILE=1]

May 6, 2013 5:16 am
      Reply 50#  60.*.*.88

o.O...

Who?

DDN is not really a nest people can bring though, least of all at 60 cap...

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

May 6, 2013 1:34 pm
        Sieg, u really know what they are asking like u have read their mind. Putting ddn guide for an arti, ur so generous... I really appreciate  what ur doing... Just a question, dont u feel like running out of skill when arrow shower is not learned? Just confuse..

Sieg, can i request for a solo vid in prof k or typhoon? Thanks a lot.. I will be looking forward to it... I wanted to see new vids in ur youtube. So fun watching it.. Thanks..

May 6, 2013 3:10 pm
        I intended to share my experience upon my first clear in DDN anyway ^^

Honestly though, there are so little people (where are the artillery!) seriously attempting DDN now, I feel it is a waste at the moment =p

If you use irine + SDN ice flake plate (from dragon expedition), it will cover the gap that Arrow Shower used to.

I generally don't like recording videos due to the lag. If I happen to be in the mood I might try, but no promises. No real entertainment value too ^^ (too slow), since I try to take as little damage as possible.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        May 6, 2013 9:24 pm
        You still going to do DDN with your team, or help us nubs get going? :D

Signature

CN- 华中电信一区
        IGN: Belladonna, Grim丶雪花 (I have more chars, but mostly just for PvP. c:)

KR- Dunno wt server, too lazy to check zz
        IGN: 추운Love, 추운Tear

"At the temple there is a poem called "Loss", carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read loss, only feel it."
        May 6, 2013 11:44 pm
        gratz on clearing DDN ^_^

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
        Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
        Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5

May 7, 2013 12:07 am
        Reply 54#  Freu

My account is now shared with others, so yea, if you see me online now, might not always be me.

I will be running DDN occasionally, but much lesser than before. Most likely I will have extra tickets. If the guild can form a party on Sunday preferably, I should be available for a run or two.

Just let me know ^^

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

May 7, 2013 12:10 am
          Reply 45#  Arcade Sona

Thanks Master Yanagi ^^

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
          DDN Wild Party Guide
          Youtube Channel
          Tempest Mini-Guide
          May 7, 2013 12:10 am
          Reply 55#  chaose5

Thanks Chaos ^^

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
          DDN Wild Party Guide
          Youtube Channel
          Tempest Mini-Guide
          May 7, 2013 12:29 am
          Imba Sieg is imba *bows*

Signature

Best friends forever~ <3

IGN : Akemi (Physician) - Main
          Azunnie (Sniper) - Retired
          Minnie(Shooting Star) - Retired
          Deriva (Wind Walker) - Retired
          Kizuto (Gladiator) - Retired

Server : 华中电信二区 (Freedom's server)
          Guild : Freedom

Quick Reply:Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »