Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

Apr 14, 2013 5:27 am
Thanks. Let me know if there are any queries.

On a side note, today was a horrible for recording videos... Here's one example - Someone tell me how I got poisoned...

Return to the list

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
华中电信一区 剑气侠红
Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
DDN Wild Party Guide
Youtube Channel
Tempest Mini-Guide

Bookmark and share to your friends

Apr 15, 2013 12:58 am
Thank you Sieg for the Answer i decided to stick with twin shot still since i already get used to it

Once Again thank you for This amazing guide on Artillery Cheers

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 15, 2013 4:10 am
    You're welcome.

I can't really call this a full guide though, too lazy to explain everything ^^

What I hope is to highlight the key concepts behind both the skill build and gear build for Artillery at 60 cap (in terms of maximizing DPS), along with sharing my experience for tackling content based on them.

People new to Artillery probably can't benefit much from this =P

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    Apr 15, 2013 6:27 am
    Sieg, do you think that with the lastest revamp on Sniper, will they be able to outdps Artillery?

Apr 15, 2013 7:20 am
    To be honest, I have no idea. This question is insanely hard to answer.

Solo or party makes a huge difference (due to buffs/debuffs available). Gear also makes a huge difference - L weapons adding agi for bowmasters leads to Sniper having a huge board damage advantage over Artillery. It's even more important to note that a bowmaster's DPS is highly dependent on your usage of their skills (range, positioning etc.), as well as the familiarity with the content you are clearing. We haven't even gotten to skill builds for people who level both physical and magical skills for snipers...

I can say this - Snipers have an advantage in burst damage over Artillery, Artillery is all about sustained DPS. Artillery's main advantage lies in the fast cool downs and quick release animations, being more agile in comparison, especially with Swift Shot EX.

Honestly, play the character whose playstyle you prefer. Currently, both are great DPS, I doubt you will be disappointed no matter which you choose (if you just want to play a DPS character). I don't think that any gulf in DPS is that big as of currently released content...

Having said that, I have no intention of converting to Sniper ^^

Edit: Just an idea of what I mean by usage of skills, and familiarity with content - My solo flower video here took 21 minutes. When not recording, even without intentionally going for a speed run, I cleared it in just over 14 minutes once.

I am a pretty "new" player to Artillery still as well, I do not yet have absolute confidence in abusing Swift Shot's i-frames to it's full potential for example. As I work on becoming a better Artillery player, I have seen my DPS rise a whole lot without any change in gear or build, just the way I utilize my Artillery's skills.

An example of that is Dragon Expedition. For the spider stage in GDN, Chaos and I solo one spider each. When I was not familiar with it, it used to be that the spider had about 1+X of HP left when the first platform triggers. Most recently, I killed mine and went to help Chaos before the first platform triggered, and that is without any change in gear/stats at all...

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at Apr 15, 2013 7:44 am ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    Apr 17, 2013 1:32 am
    Was asked about Arrow Shower's damage on Youtube. In order to explain this, please take note of the buggy nature of Magical Breeze.

1. All magic skills are calculated using Mdmg * x% (Pre-multipliers, ignoring tail damage, where x% is skill % dmg)
    2. All physical skills have their calculation method changed to ((Pdmg * x%) + (Mdmg - Pdmg) * x%)
    3. When a skill is both magical/physical, or a similar condition occurs, the skill is calculated using the method in Point 2 (treated as a physical skill for calculation), but with further changes.
    4. When defined to be in an idle state (under Magical Breeze), x% is treated as 100%

The problem with the calculation using Point 2 is that Pdmg * x% and (Mdmg - Pdmg ) * x% is calculated separately, with some skills causing Point 4 to take effect too early due to the way the calculation is handled. The damage formula for Arrow Shower under Magical Breeze becomes

Pdmg *(skill % dmg) - (Pdmg *100%) +( Mdmg *100%) (As the second part of the calculation is calculated as though it was in the idle state, it causes a situation where the higher your pdmg is, the lesser the damage Arrow Shower causes)

Why does the last few arrows of Arrow Shower does such insanely high damage then? As you cancel the skill / the skill finishes on it's own, you enter an "idle" state (which causes the first part of the calculation to treat x as 100), but the arrows are still continuing their "attack". This causes a change to the formula which becomes

(Pdmg *100%) - (Pdmg *100%) + (Mdmg *100%) = (Mdmg *100%) which is much higher than the original meager 33% on Level 1 Arrow Shower.

All other information pertaining to the further application of this bug is with regards to bugging damage on other skills, which I have not much interest in covering.

For those who are not clear of what the above means, the easy summary is:

1. Arrow Shower should be left at Level 1 if you intend to use it under Magical Breeze to maximize the gain on the last few arrows, in terms of SP invested.

2. The higher your pdmg, the lesser the damage of Arrow Shower under Magical breeze, excluding the last 10 arrows

3. As the real damage lies in the last 10 arrows, cancelling the skill early (causing Part 1 of the calculation to go into the idle state) allows you to dictate when you can cause maximum damage using Arrow Shower (if the enemy is likely to move away from the last 10 arrows, cancel it early)

4. If it sounds too troublesome, it probably is. Arrow Shower has a bad cooldown and release condition, with all our other DPS skills taking priority over it.

5. Don't try to understand Eyedentity and just have fun.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
    华中电信一区 剑气侠红
    Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
    Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
    DDN Wild Party Guide
    Youtube Channel
    Tempest Mini-Guide
    Apr 17, 2013 12:45 pm
    Hi sieg thank you for making this guide, i just wanna ask. with around 800 fd, which is better to use, longbow/xbow mastery or magical breeze ring? you said magical is for low fd, mastery is for fd build. but is 800 fd consider low ?

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 17, 2013 1:17 pm
      Reply 25#  sieg_freedom

I'm the one who asked, thanks for the answer :)
      It's quite complicated but I guess I get it a little bit :)

Apr 17, 2013 6:35 pm
      Reply 26#  121.*.*.115

800 FD is around 15% if I recall correctly. The point of change occurs around 70% FD, close to 1600 FD. So stick with Magical Breeze. To be honest, 800 FD has very little impact.
      One thing is that artillery's tail damage is not that high. If unable to build sufficiently high FD, a high mdmg artillery will not fall that much behind a FD artillery in DPS.

[ The post was edited by sieg_freedom at Apr 17, 2013 7:10 pm ]

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      Apr 17, 2013 6:39 pm
      Reply 27#  damian128

Just an add-on:

To make arrow shower be worth the SP, your mdmg/pdmg should be at least 1.38, preferably 1.5 and above. That makes L weapons a very bad choice for Arrow Shower. While the calculation seems complicated, as a player all we have to focus on is how to land those last 10 arrows with 100% mdmg ^^

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide
      Apr 23, 2013 3:49 am
      A bit out of topic, but i want to know how can you hit crit cap without agi pot, agi crest and also 3rd stat crit? Thx

Apr 23, 2013 4:03 am
      If you are referring to my gear, I can hit the crit cap without those (but including buff). For others, it depends a lot on each individual gear setup, listing all the ways people can stack critical would be kind of pointless. If you want a reference, I can post my gears and stats, but would prefer not to since they are incomplete ^^

The easiest solution would be to use 50L weapons.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
      华中电信一区 剑气侠红
      Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
      Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
      DDN Wild Party Guide
      Youtube Channel
      Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 23, 2013 7:27 am
        [quote]Quote: Originally Posted by [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/member/info/3709714/2]sieg_freedom[/url] at Apr 23, 2013 4:03 am
        If you are referring to my gear, I can hit the crit cap without those (but including buff). For others, it depends a lot on each individual gear setup, listing all the ways people can stack critical would be kind of pointless. If you want a reference, I can post my gears and stats, but would prefer not to since they are incomplete ^^

The easiest solution would be to use 50L weapons. [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20130312/Sieg_Artillery_Build_for_PVE_Updated_with_solo_flower-513f98f2768976313-2.html#p51766a7d03072a][STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST]images/back.gif[/STB_STATIC_IMAGE_HOST][/url][/quote]
        Actually i'm struggling hit the crit cap, and my goal is not to use 3rd stat crit. Will 4 crit pots will help to hit crit cap? assuming you got buff as well

Apr 24, 2013 12:26 am
        I have max crit with 2 crit pots. 4 should be overkill.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide
        Apr 24, 2013 1:55 am
        looking forward to your new vid ^^

Signature

Moonlight Blade 大地飞鹰 (凤凰集)
        毫火球: 太白
        冰廊魅: 真武

Dragon Nest CN 华中一 (雷霆之怒/剑气侠虹) (Freedom)
        Brushy: 80 Saleana
        顽拒坦克车: 70 Tempest
        冰廊魅: 60 Elestra

Blade and Soul CN 网通一(咆哮寺院)(Freedom, 浑天教 Red Faction)
        毫火球: 45 Force Master
        冰廊魅: 45 Force Master

Follow my gaming blog! ^^
        Apr 26, 2013 10:21 am
        Hi Sieg. Your calculations and analysis of Arti is in-depth and reading it was pleasure :)

Though I am curious. How did you manage to get so much detail regarding Magical Breeze? Simple tests might not be able to lead to this conclusion? Just curious :)

Apr 27, 2013 4:38 am
        It's not actually that much information ^^

Point 1 is common sense.
        Point 2 is derived from Arrow Shower's abnormal damage calculation, which has been known for some time. The verification of the last 10 arrows being 100%*mdmg being Point 4 was only made recently though.
        Point 3 and 4 was discovered more recently by players on duowan who discovered new methods of bugging damage on Artillery (due to Magical Breeze). Not interested in delving more into bug mechanics.

It's actually quite easy to test as well, since Arrow Shower's damage is the basic foundation behind the research about Magical Breeze.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
        华中电信一区 剑气侠红
        Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
        Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
        DDN Wild Party Guide
        Youtube Channel
        Tempest Mini-Guide

MMOsite Special Offer

Apr 27, 2013 6:46 pm
          Hi Sieg, just wondering how crucial is spiritual excel/focus to the build? Would replacing it with level 6 ankle shot increase dps more?

Apr 27, 2013 7:28 pm
          Sorry, same guy here. You mentioned fake shot is more for solo content, but is it still essential for non-solo content (8-man nests)? I'm considering dropping it to allow me to add more points to other skills. Or does it dramatically improve survivability still?

Apr 28, 2013 1:11 am
          It is not crucial at all, it just increases your crit/mdmg really. Whether Level 6 ankle shot would do better depends on what content you are referring to, as well as your level of DPS, and how well you can rotate your skills. Of course, if you bug damage using ankle shot, it will blow spirit excel to pieces.

It is not essential for raids. But very useful. You can refer to the Scorpion video above to see how useful Fake Shot is. In raids, though, assuming you don't end up soloing, it is okay to take some damage to squeeze out more DPS. Generally speaking the Fake Shot from Swift Shot EX is enough.

I would recommend taking it regardless, but it is possible to give up Fake Shot.

Signature

Dragon Nest (China)
          华中电信一区 剑气侠红
          Freedom

Tempest - Tkid丶Dr·浮云
          Elestra - Sieg

Artillery Guide
          DDN Wild Party Guide
          Youtube Channel
          Tempest Mini-Guide

Quick Reply:Sieg Artillery Build for PVE (Retired @ 60 Cap, Final Update with 70 Cap Preview)

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »