Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) cDN Registration Guide / General FAQ / Account Safety

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
||
Daidalos Nest & Nightmare Stage||

Future Update

|| Silver Hunter ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

cDN Registration Guide / General FAQ / Account Safety

Feb 6, 2013 2:46 am
Be sure to read through FAQ at third post to make sure you don't lose your account to in-game scams or Phishing Sites.

Registration

Registration page: >Clicky<
Click on little green man first before filling the registration form.

Generate Chinese Name & I/C: >Clicky< (Make sure you generated a 18 years old I/C)

Check your inbox for a verification mail from Shanda, activate the mail so that you can use it for resetting password in the future.

Downloading Game Client

It is advised that you should only download the game from official site.

Download Page: >Clicky<

Download Links:  

v190 Full Client DDL   v190 Full Client Torrent Recommended!  

Installing

Run 'DragonNest_Setup_x.x.x.xxx', start installing. Make sure you untick everything at the end of installation or it will attempt to install tons of crap to your PC.

Patching

Choose a server before you start auto-patching. Freedom is in top-left server '华中电信一区'.

Before you start the game, you may want to check out >English Patch<.

NOTE: Remove any mods, including English Patch, out of game folder before patching the game.

If you prefer not to use English Patch, download >Chat Censor Disabler< instead. Extract the file and place it into your game folder. (Included in ENP by default, don't download if you're using English Patch)

Starting The Game

Check out our >Recruitment Thread< . Follow few simple steps as shown in screenshot and you will be recruited into guild shortly!

You may or may not encounter following screen when you login for the first time. Enter the details and you're good to go.

Scroll down for FAQ if you are having trouble starting up the game. PM me your login details if you faced error while logging in.

Job Advancement

剑圣 (Sword Master) => 剑皇 (Gladiator)  / 月之领主 (Moon Lord)
战神 (Mercenary) => 狂战士 (Barbarian) / 毁灭者 (Destroyer)

箭神 (Bow Master) => 狙翎 (Sniper) / 魔羽 (Artillery)
游侠 (Acrobat) => 影舞者 (Tempest) / 风行者 (Wind Walker)

元素师 (Elemental Lord) => 火舞 (Saleana) / 冰灵 (Elestra)
魔导师 (Force User) => 时空领主 (Smasher) / 黑暗女王 (Majesty)

贤者 (Paladin) => 圣骑士 (Guardian) / 十字军 (Crusader)
祭司 (Priest) = > 圣徒 (Saint) / 雷神 (Inquisitor)

工程师 (Engineer) => 机械大师 (Gear Master) / 重炮手 (Shooting Star)
炼金术士 (Alchemist) => 炼金圣士 (Adept) / 药剂师 (Physician)

呐喊者 (Screamer) => 噬魂者 (Soul Eater) / 黑暗萨满 (Dark Shaman)
舞者 (Dancer) => 刀锋舞者 (Blade Dancer) / 灵魂舞者 (Spirit Dancer)

暗影使徒 (Chaser) => 烈 (Ripper) / 影 (Raven)

Password Recovery

Password Recovery Page: >Clicky<

Follow steps below: (Make sure the password recovery mail was sent from 'service@sdo.com')

Secondary Password Reset

Secondary Password Recovery Page: >Clicky<

Login, enter captcha and click next.

Choose server 4 华中电信一区 (Freedom only), tick the only option.

Check inbox. Make sure this mail was sent from 'EmailService@snda.com'. Click on link and your secondary password will reset.

Note that both password recovery will most likely fail if you intend to recover a lost account. There's nothing you can do unless you are a China citizen, read about account safety below to prevent getting scammed.

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Dec 29, 2013 1:06 am ]

Return to the list

Signature

Dragon Nest CN - Freedom's Youtube Channel
Server: 华中电信一区
IGN: Calena (Mon)
Class: Lv 80 Tempest
Guild: Freedom

Blade & Soul CN
Server: 网通一区 - 咆哮寺院
IGN: 白柳 (v2seraph)
Class: Assassin
Guild: Freedom (Evil - 浑天教)

Bookmark and share to your friends

Feb 6, 2013 2:48 am
Account Safety

Many members had lost their items, golds and worst of all, whole account to various scammer / phishing site for the past years. Read everything below if you don't want to lose your account, I mean it.

A) Scam Mail & Phishing Site
The most common method. Shanda's domain name is always .sdo.com OR .snda.com.

Phishing sites URL examples: xx.sd0.com , xx.sdo.info , xx.sdo.tk , xx.dnsdo.com ~ ~ ~

While this is more or less common sense for most, game company WILL NOT ask you to change your password by any means. Don't ever click on any mail that seems to be mailed to you by Shanda, they are most likely promotional mail anyway. If it does request you to change your password due to suspicious activity or bla bla whatever, Ignore & Delete Them!

In-game system mail has green background, a dragon icon seal at bottom right and sender will always be [龙之谷]. If you don't see these features, the mail you receive is from player, which has brownish background only. DO NOT visit the URL that comes along with the mail!

I will inform any latest events by translating and posting them on top of forum board, don't be to greedy as these scam mails will tempt you to visit phishing sites, giving you 100 Pandora Keys, 1000 golds, 10,000 Dragon Coins, storage / inventory expansion, VIP etc..... Let's get it straight, SHANDA will never be that generous.

B) Player Trading
Triple check if the gold amount / item matches when you are trading with a player, there's a 3rd party program which allow the user to change the gold amount after pressing confirm. Not sure if the exploit got fixed or not.

C) Trade House
Certain player likes to sell 300 Dragon Coins Voucher as 1000 Dragon Coins Voucher. Don't fall for such cheap trick. Nothing to do with account safety but... whatever.

D) Con-man
You are more or less immune to this if you don't understand Chinese. Before you trade anyone, even if he / she is your closest friend, check their name properly first! These conmans tend to create a char with similar IGN as your friend then PM you... in Chinese.

Know the fact that no guild member would ever PM each other using Chinese.

Original IGN: Clavinova
Conman's IGN: CIavinova, Clavinava and so on (Advanced con-man may use 3rd party program to modify their IGN to appear EXACTLY THE SAME as your friend's IGN, be wary!)

The conman will then attempt to persuade you into mailing gold to him. Some of them will even ask you to trade at newbie town as their newly created char cannot go any further. So yeah, simply ignore them.

E) Third-party Program
Coordinate hack, no CD hack? 'Free' ones were most likely injected with keylogger, and using them might get you banned. Worth the risk? Judge yourself.

F) Same User Name & Password
Tons of people uses same ID, password & e-mail everywhere. It is advised that you use several different combinations for gaming / banking / forum... Don't ever use same mail + password as Facebook! But then, China players don't use Facebook ._.

G) Buying Cash Using Gold
If you want to buy some cash from other player using cash transfer, make sure to GIVE YOUR USER NAME ONLY! Cash transfer does not require password to work. Best of all, ask for game card serial & pin and recharge yourself.

H) Guild Member Scam
The most unfortunate case, which happened 2 times within our very own guild. It's a shame but I believe sharing this is for the greater good. o.O

Think twice before sharing your account to your 'best friends' within guild! They might take everything from you someday for no good reason.

Lastly, there's nothing we can do if your account got hacked as we are using fake name & I/C to play. Shanda will not entertain anyone without real I/C.

I) Lock Your Equipments!
You can actually lock your equipped equipments now. Do note that you will need 3 days to unlock though, so think twice before locking!

Game Client Errors

First of all, make sure you are not patching from a extremely outdated version. Doing so will most likely cause numerous errors during auto patch.

Q: I cannot start the game from loader!
A: Server maintenance every Thursday morning (GMT+8).

Q: Stuck / Error at loading screen with Irene & Poochums!
A: Uninstall other version of DN and do a clean install for CDN. (Note: May or MAY NOT work, try at your own risk)

Q: I'm stuck at loading screen after character selection!
A: Go to My Documents => DragonNest  => Right click on Event_Page.png => Properties => Tick Read-only => OK.

Q: Initialization failed E:3 / E:5?
A: Run the GAME LAUNCHER (dnlauncher.exe) as admin, not DragonNest.exe. Restarting may work. If both steps above doesn't work, it may be your network problem.

Q: Client mismatch (版本不符) ?
A: Unfortunately, you'll have to reinstall. No way to fix this error. Clean registry before reinstalling or install to a different folder / directory.

Q: Cannot update using certain manual patch!
A: Wait until maintenance ends. If you're sure there wasn't a maintenance going on, that manual patch is probably corrupted. Try auto update instead.

Q: Cannot patch using game launcher!
A: Select a server first.

Q: Stuck at updating game guard!
A: Open up Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and end process (dnlauncher.exe). Restart the game.

General FAQ

Q: I cannot use my Vortex Codes!
A: They were disabled in cDN. Don't ever waste your money buying them!

Q: Are mods allowed in cDN?
A: Yes!

Q: Can we chat in English openly?
A: Yes, as long as you don't go around insulting everyone. Don't go overboard and DO NOT spam blue birds!

Q: I can't delete my character!
A: Quit guild first. Copy paste '删除角色' to the box.

Q: Can I stack my EXP Scrolls?
A: No. Only the highest % scroll will take effect.

Q: Dungeon mobs doesn't drop any food!
A: Not a bug. Mobs don't drop foods anymore as of v150.

Q: When does FTG & nest reset?
A: FTG reset at 9am (GMT+8) daily. Nest count reset every Saturday.

Q: OMG I need a crap ton of FTG to enter dungeons at level 60!
A: Working as intended, get a party!

Q: OMG I cannot enter dungeons without FTG!
A: Working as intended too. You cannot 'grind' dungeons here.

Q: How do I get those fancy looking stuff such as horse, wing or spirit?
A: Mostly cash items gotten from Diamond Pandora Heart.

Q: Where to power level aka grinding?
A: I strongly suggest you to grab main, sub & board quests while leveling, doing quests give golds and good amount of EXP too!

Q: How do I get my free horse?
A: Finish level 14 main quest.

Q: How to get my level up rewards and equipment exchange coupons?
A: Check your cash inventory for level up reward box.

Q: How to use weapon exchange coupons?
A: Talk to Irene. You will get a new set at level 24, 32, 40, 50 & 60.

Q: Where to level after level 40?
A: 5 level 40+ dungeons at Lotus Marsh. Make sure you entered the dungeon from Lotus Marsh town for bonus channel EXP.

Q: Where to level after level 50?
A: 5 level 50+ dungeons at Lotus Marsh. Get sub-quests from Saint Haven and daily quests from Beggar Luffy.

Q: Where to level after level 60?
A: 5 level 60+ dungeons at Aru Arandel. Get daily quests from Blacksmith Molin.

Q: I cannot grind dungeons at max level due to FTG, how do I start gearing up without gold?
A: Spend cash. Otherwise, go PVP (Zombie Mode) and farm medals, use medals to exchange materials for 70A armors. Grab both ladder weapons using ladder points too. You can also do Lv 70 nests under solo mode.

Q: How do I farm gold??
A: Chaos Crevices, Lv 70 Abyss for talisman, Typhoon / Prof.K Nest for 60A plates and eventually level 70 nests.

Q: When will we get this update? When will we get that awesome looking item?
A: If there's no info on it at top of the board, means the stuff you're looking for has yet to be officially announced / implemented. Be patient!

Q: I cannot enter the farm!
A: You need to be VIP.

Q: I did not get event reward for completing events!
A: Event rewards WILL NOT be given out instantly. You'll have to either wait till event ends or next day.

Q: I cannot see any new updates while everyone else can!
A: Remove your English Patch. If it still doesn't work, reinstall. Move ENP out of game folder before updating!

Q: How to get Returnee title and buff?
A: Didn't login for >30 days.

Q: How to use Newbie Cash Shop Coupons?
A: Open up Cash Shop, click on last tab. You may use the coupon for items there.

Q: How to get VIP level 2?
A: Buy 1x 3 months VIP OR 4x 1 month VIP.

Q: My Skill Points aren't capped yet but I'm not able to level my skill further!
A: Take off technique accessories.

Q: How to use EXP Scrolls?
A: You don't need to use them. They will take effect as long as you have them in your cash inventory.

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Oct 12, 2013 7:27 am ]

Signature

Blade & Soul CN

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 6, 2013 2:48 am
    YY - VoIP + Text Communication Software

We use YY to communicate inside and outside of the game. Join us for some fun :D

Mind you, EN version has pretty bad translation.

Download YY Client (EN - Windows):   Official Site   OR   Direct DL

Phone Apps:  iPhone    OR   Android

Register for a YY account at Registration Page.

Enter channel ID: 92980292 as shown below.

OR

Try out the web version: http://yy.com/92980292  (Login at bottom left icon , must login to chat)

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Aug 22, 2013 4:38 pm ]

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
    Feb 6, 2013 10:30 am
    Buying Cash Cards

OffGamers

You may find your cash card serial & password few minutes later at completed orders.

More expensive but hassle-free.

SEA GM

This one offer cheaper prices but rather troublesome if you ask me.

Cash Charging

Go Shanda Cash Charging Page.

Click on drop box, choose HIJKL and 龙之谷 (Ignore if it was chosen already), fill out all the boxes. Click blue button twice!

Extremely detailed guide on how to spend / charge cash: >Clicky!<

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Sep 19, 2013 4:24 pm ]

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
    Feb 6, 2013 11:07 am
    Being a Good Foreigner

No doubt you will have a hard time playing in cDN if you don't understand Chinese at all. Below is a list of useful phrases that can help you join / create a party better.

For normal dungeon runs:
    旧5图连刷: 5 Lotus Marsh level 40-50 leveling map.
    5图大师连刷: 5 Lotus Marsh master mode level 50-60 leveling map.
    每日4图: 4 daily quests.
    普通: Normal mode
    困难: Hard mode
    大师: Master mode
    互赞: 'Like' each other. (Click for details)

For Nest Runs:
    小绿: GDN Normal
    大绿: GDN Hardcore
    小K: Normal Prof.K Nest
    大K: Hell Prof.K Nest
    小台: Normal Typhoon Nest
    大台: Hell Typhoon Nest
    连刷: Run specific nest for few times
    +9 / +10 双手: +9 or +10 main & off-hand weapons.
    随意来: Any class  

EG. Going to PKN & TKN normal mode 5 times each (小K&小台 5连刷)

Classes Nick:  (来 + Class name when creating party. EG. 来T, 冰, 加速)
    小加速: Acrobat
    大加速: Force User
    奶: Priest
    T: Paladin
    冰: Elestra
    妹子/女人: Any female class, mostly referring to DPS classes though.
    法师: Any Mage class

Basic Etiquette:
    对不起/不好意思: Sorry
    谢谢: Thanks
    没票: No more nest tickets
    忘了拿票,拉我: Forgot to take tickets, summon me later.
    忘了接任务,拉我: Forgot to accept daily quests, summon me later.
    没次数: No more nest counts
    我不能讲中文: I can't speak Chinese
    88 / 886: Bye
    等个朋友: Wait my friend to join party (Better lock the party with password while waiting)
    回城下: Back to town
    走吧: Let's go (Or simply type GO)

#Also, certain Chinese players tend to get offended when got kicked out of party permanently. Try not to do that or they might spam you with world message.

#Immediately contact guildies who understand Chinese if you see your name got spammed multiple times on world chat, we'll try to 'fix' it for you.

Partial credit to Jared

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Sep 22, 2013 9:30 am ]

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
    Feb 7, 2013 11:14 am
    Try 2 different accelerators below if you're laggy. You won't see much difference in PVP.

Mind you that you might not see any improvement at all, especially for those living far away from East Asia. Same for those who don't have good network.

Xunlei Accelerator (Free Trial)

Client Download: http://jsq.xunlei.com/ (Green Button)

No registration required. Follow steps below to setup XL accelerator for the first time. If you still experience lag, try another server node.

1) Choose game to launch. (L - 龙之谷)
    2) Choose DN server you're playing in. Look for '华中电信二区 - 剑气侠虹' (Freedom only).
    3) Start acceleration. (Leave it as it is if you can play the game smoothly)
    4) Stop acceleration and choose another server node if lag.
    5) Uninstall if still lag after trying several different nodes. :P

Xunyou Accelerator (Free Trial)

Client Download: http://www.xunyou.com/ (Yellow Button) (Free Trial)

Registration Page: http://my.xunyou.com/index.php/memberpanel/register_client (User ID, pw, repeat pw, captcha)

Login for 2 days VIP node free trial. Should work well for everyone.

There are 2 different server nodes: Some with 150 extra FTG when you login and some without it.

You will need to pay for the service once the trial ended. Cards can be bought from CN-USA. Though I doubt anyone actually willing to spend money for this. o.O

You will get 1 day free trial every 7 days though.

1) Register & login.
    2) Choose DN server you're playing in. Look for '华中电信一区 (华中电信二区) - 2服剑气侠虹' (Freedom only).
    3) Choose game launcher directory. (Should be correct by default, use search game launcher function if incorrect)
    4) Press start game / acceleration button. Your game launcher should appear shortly.
    5) If the node is lag for you, press the stop button and choose another node with lower ping & packet loss.

WTFast (30 days Free Trial)

Client Download: http://www.wtfast.com/

Try Shanghai or Hong Kong server. If both doesn't work well, choose a server nearest to you. Might have to test multiple servers to get it right.

[ The post was edited by v2seraph at Aug 22, 2013 4:41 pm ]

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
    Feb 10, 2013 11:53 am
    Wow, this is awesome. Can't thank you enough

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 10, 2013 2:39 pm
      thank you soooooooooooo much for this, i've been trying to play CDN for months now and i could only find outdated guides, i asked help for people that play but they all couldn't help, i was already losing faith in playing this amazing version..

you were the light in the tunnel for me xD

Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm
      wow, why does the download take so long, it said here it will complete in 1 day...i know the server is in china, but still e-e

EDIT: nevermind, would take that long because it was Direct Download, torrent took me 3 hours to download, i'm gonna play right now xD

[ The post was edited by Igneellz at Feb 10, 2013 7:55 pm ]

Feb 11, 2013 1:33 am
      You're welcome :p

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
      Feb 11, 2013 7:44 pm
      Do you have any recommendation or guide to some sort of program that reduces ping? I heard of ET Shanda Accelerator or SNDA something like that, but I never figured out how to use it. Some type of help would be great, thanks.

Feb 12, 2013 2:51 am
      Reply 10#  75.*.*.71

Updated. ET accelerator stopped working for long time.

Signature

Blade & Soul CN

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 12, 2013 4:13 pm
        [b]Reply [url=http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20130206/cDN_Registration_Guide_General_FAQ_Account_Safety_Updated_Accelerator-511234949a880ca13-1.html#p511a1eaeebd616]11#[/url] [i]v2seraph[/i][/b] [br] [br]
        The VIP One is incredibly hard to understand, I recently installed it and can't find that window you put up. Could you write a more in-depth guide, I really don't know what I'm doing at this point haha.

Feb 13, 2013 3:11 am
        Reply 12#  75.*.*.71

Lol k.

1) Register & login
        2) Choose DN server you're playing in. Look for '华中电信一区 (华中电信二区) - 2服剑气侠虹'.
        3) Choose game launcher directory. (Should be correct by default, use search game launcher function if incorrect)
        4) Press start acceleration button. Your game launcher should appear shortly.
        5) If that node is lag for you, press the stop button and choose another node with lower ping & packet loss.

Signature

Blade & Soul CN
        Feb 13, 2013 1:50 pm
        wow thx. Now I can make a bigger variety of random parties and know which ones  I can/want to join.

Feb 13, 2013 4:03 pm
        [img]http://i.imgur.com/OJrqH9e.png[/img]
        Don't know where to go from here.

Feb 13, 2013 4:41 pm
        Now whenever I open cDN this error pops up, great.

[url]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1083/69b987ff05d84dc3a23b61b.png[/url]

MMOsite Special Offer

Feb 13, 2013 11:58 pm
          help me guys i get this error after verifying the installer 100%

Feb 14, 2013 3:12 am
          Thank you mon! ^_^

Signature

Dragon Nest
          NA DN - LvL 60 Ice Witch - RoseofLove
          CDN - LvL 80 Elestra - RoseofLove
          CDN - LvL 80 Gear Master - LilyofHope
          CDN - LvL 80 Light Fury - EnvyEX
          CDN - LvL 80 Raven - WrathEX
          KDN - Lvl 80 Flurry - 장미Spear

Youtube Channel (RevertibleFate): http://www.youtube.com/user/RevertibleFate

Brave Frontier
          Revert ( ID: 2211212567)
          Feb 15, 2013 1:28 am
          Reply 16#  75.*.*.71

Erm, error even when not using accelerator?

Signature

Blade & Soul CN

Quick Reply:cDN Registration Guide / General FAQ / Account Safety