Sponsor

Quick Jump Full Board List
Forum Home Freedom Dragon Nest(Freedom) BestML Ultimate Moonlord DPS build (full focus on damage dealing)

Events Notification - Guild Bulletin Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

TOGGLE

FREEDOMPLAYS Official Site

Welcome To cDN Freedom Guild Board

●Account trading or request & advertising threads will be deleted upon sight●
!!!Flaming & insulting replies will get deleted without prior notice if situation gets out of hand!!!
!!!Freedom WILL NOT entertain any drama brought in by non-guildies. Please keep them to yourselves!!!

Latest Update
|| Lencea, Volcano Nest, Artillery Boost ||

Future Update

|| Elestra, Acrobat, Physician, Guardian Boost ||

Interact with us by joining our >>QQ Group<< !

BestML Ultimate Moonlord DPS build (full focus on damage dealing)

Mar 2, 2012 12:04 pm
Quote: Originally Posted by 182.*.*.149 at Mar 2, 2012 10:13 amits quite funny, he posted the first build and claimed it was perfect. after some criticism he went on to changed the skill build, so which is perfect? 1st or 2nd? im pretty sure this sends a clear message to everyone.     
I have never changed the build, all I did is update my justifications of why I made the build the way it is. Where did you see I changed it? Did you even read what I posted? :/

Also to the user above me his stats are posted, though in Japanese, they can be translated using google translator for those who don't understand it. My point was to observe the damage he did with line drive and show that simply adding more stats into tornado and half moon slash will not provide higher damage than having line drive in your arsenal. If you would read my justifications instead of just looking at the build you will see what I have wrote.

I ask you all to forgive me if I came off as arrogant, or with a heavy ego, all I intended to do was debate how one would achieve the perfect dps on a moonlord, and that is where the word perfect came from. Not because I believe I am perfect because I am far from it.

Return to the list

Bookmark and share to your friends

Mar 2, 2012 12:59 pm
There is no such thing has "Perfect" in this world.... There many builds that perfect for people tho, I realized I contradicted myself but that not the point. We are just mad that you weren't taking our advice,  I myself share my builds with others and get critisim to improve the builds I share... everyday I'm thinking of new ways to maximize my damage or support in my characters. Well I forgive you

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 2, 2012 1:15 pm
    Fair enough....

Give this guy a chance ^_^

I think he did his part on justification of his build and he did apologize for setting the wrong title, which obviously gave a bad 1st impression of himself ....

He did mention that he is open to critism and of course, at the same time, he is allowed to defend his points.

Friendly debate and intelligent discussion on what's perfect and what's not, are still allowed though...

Sticking this guide doesn't mean that I approve 100% of what he suggest (as with other guides which i have stickied)... As long as his skill choices are sufficiently justified and the writings show insight on certain aspect of ML based his own experience, i don't see any harm adding it to the collection....  

It would be the choice of future readers to judge whether the build is suitable for him/her.

Fellow Freedom members and avid MMOSITE forumers, do keep an open mind for builds which are different from others......

BestML, i hope that you do respect others' opinion who probably have much more experience than yourself in playing ML. Do keep an open mind for debate and discussion too. In doing so, i hope you will be closer to the so-call "perfect" dps that you envision.

Cheers!
    Chaose

p/s: if someone really take DPS seriously, i would suggest doing some form of QUANTITATIVE research on skill coefficient and real DPS calculation for all ML skills (refer to the way me and kel conduct such research for force user and elemental lord). This will save you guys alot of pointless debate, based on biased personal judgement.  

Also, there is no way one could be a strong DPS without doing Gear Optimization, which requires in-depth calculation and understanding of damage mechanics. Simply suggesting "stacking crit, fd and m.att as high as possible" is of course, erm shallow (everybody knows that =.=)

Therefore, it is not surprising that some people request you to show your gear or video to support your points. Do consider this as an important future improvement to your guide.

[ The post was edited by chaose5 at Mar 2, 2012 2:03 pm ]

Signature

FREEDOM - English Guild & Community in Foreign MMORPG's
    Freedomplays homepage: http://www.freedomplays.com/
    Follow me for the latest news & updates on foreign MMORPG
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chaose5
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/chaose5

Mar 2, 2012 7:45 pm
    i would appreciate if you are the one in the video justifying your build

Mar 3, 2012 2:06 pm
    Reply 42#  chaose5

Thank you very much chaos I appreciate it. Also small update on the gear selection.  I'm still open to criticism and would love to debate how to maximize the moonlords DPS.

Mar 3, 2012 2:29 pm
    Getting third option fd crests is mandatory in order to double your damage on level 40-50 monsters

Come on ... mandatory?  I'm really starting to believe you've never played at cDN at all ...

Do you even know hard it is to get third option FD crests?  Even if you're rich (and I mean REALLY rich) and you can buy out anything on the marketplace, it is not easy to find.

Signature

Mar 3, 2012 2:33 pm
    Reply 45#  Barndoors

Of course I am speaking on how to maximize dps. I must mention FD third line crests when talking about maximization of DPS. My intentions for the user is to seek out these plates. Also I am saying it is mandatory in order to double your damage, not mandatory in the sense that everyone must have it. Will everyone achieve this? No.

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 3, 2012 2:43 pm
      And you have built a full FD Moonlord before?  

I hope you're not just basing this on 'theory'.  You can easily say stack FD, get matk + critical potentials on everything and get +14 GDN weapons, that would be a no brainer for maximum damage but people generally don't need a guide for that.  Furthermore, you still haven't provided actual gear choice options.  What armor/weapon set are you using and why?  Do you need totem for the FD bonus or can you still reach the FD cap if you ran with 50S?  Is Apo accessory really needed if someone has the dark/fairy cash shop set?

Also, I'd much rather see a guide to maximizing DPS without having to spend their entire life savings on this game.

Signature

Mar 3, 2012 3:02 pm
      Reply 47#  Barndoors

Yes, I did build a FD moonlord. If you do it right it won't be too costly. With totem set you get 140 + 280 = 420 FD. Then add in the apoc accessories 122  X 2 = 244. 244+ 420 = 664. Then get 50 FD plate which is 170 FD, so 170+664 = 834. That will net you around 90 % increase against level 40 mobs and around 37 % damage increase against level 50 mobs, and that is in it's most basic form. Now lets say you have 1 level 40 fd crest with 59 final damage. 834 + 59 = 893. Almost 100 % against 40 mobs and getting close to 50 % against 50 mobs. That is increase in both physical and magical. You can get more to boost your fd even higher.

Mar 3, 2012 3:37 pm
      893 FD is 44.4% against lvl50 mobs.

And just one 40A crest with FD third stat will set you back like 20,000 gold (probably even more than that).  In comparison, a normal lv50 plate costs like 500g ...

Also, why Apo accessories?  If you're rich enough to go full FD, can't you achieve full FD without them so that you can use +skill accessories instead?

I honestly don't get why you wish to remain anonymous, half the fun of building a full FD character is that you can show everyone how much damage you can pull off.

Signature

Mar 3, 2012 4:57 pm
      Reply 49#  Barndoors

We can keep going on about if you have more money you can get this, and that. Howver they reason I picked those is because they are available to everyone. Although FD crests are expensive, when getting into higher end gear, one must have obtained at least one or obtained enough gold for simply one FD crest. Which is why I included it. We could also throw in FD from wings (if your willing to spend some cash, or get someone to buy you the eggs) and title which give 130 extra FD totaling 1023.

I'm simply throwing options out to people who want to know how to get FD without stressing themselves too much in order to maximize dps for the build.

Mar 3, 2012 5:12 pm
      Quote: Originally Posted by BestML at Mar 3, 2012 4:57 pm
      Reply 49#  Barndoors

We can keep going on about if you have more money you can get this, and that. Howver they reason I picked those is because they are available to everyone. Although FD crests are expensive, when getting into higher end gear, one must have obtained at least one or obtained enough gold for simply one FD crest. Which is why I included it. We could also throw in FD from wings (if your willing to spend some cash, or get someone to buy you the eggs) and title which give 130 extra FD totaling 1023.

I'm simply throwing options out to people who want to know how to get FD without stressing themselves too much in order to maximize dps for the build.     
      The Wings alone don't give FD, you need the entire cash shop 3 set to get the bonus.  Someone in our guild only managed to get the full set after spending over $1300 USD in Diamond Eggs ...

And you were just saying just before, that the build is for maximizing DPS ... if that's the case, it shouldn't matter if Apo accessories is available to everyone because getting +skill rings would certainly maximize your damage, right?

Also, why ignore the last line of my last post?  How come you built a full FD Moonlord but you won't show it to us?  I would love to see a full FD Moonlord in action.

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 3, 2012 5:21 pm
        If you do it right it won't be too costly. With totem set you get 140 + 280 = 420 FD. Then add in the apoc accessories 122  X 2 = 244. 244+ 420 = 664. Then get 50 FD plate which is 170 FD, so 170+664 = 834. That will net you around 90 % increase against level 40 mobs and around 37 % damage increase against level 50 mobs, and that is in it's most basic form. Now lets say you have 1 level 40 fd crest with 59 final damage. 834 + 59 = 893. Almost 100 % against 40 mobs and getting close to 50 % against 50 mobs. That is increase in both physical and magical.

Again, 893 FD is 44.4% against lv50 mobs.  You've already got a sticky on this thread, at least provide correct information.  I've already said that FD 3rd option plates are very costly.  It'll cost around 20k gold on our server, you cannot say that it is not "too costly", it's just misleading.  

Have you considered using 50S weapons?  You may lose the full set FD bonus but the damage increase from 50A to 50S is huge.  Have you done any calculations or comparisons that show that full totem is better?

Signature

Mar 3, 2012 5:30 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by Barndoors at Mar 3, 2012 5:12 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by BestML at Mar 3, 2012 4:57 pmReply 49#  Barndoors

The Wings alone don't give FD, you need the entire cash shop 3 set to get the bonus.  Someone in our guild only managed to get the full set after spending over $1300 USD in Diamond Eggs ...

And you were just saying just before, that the build is for maximizing DPS ... if that's the case, it shouldn't matter if Apo accessories is available to everyone because getting +skill rings would certainly maximize your damage, right?

Also, why ignore the last line of my last post?  How come you built a full FD Moonlord but you won't show it to us?  I would love to see a full FD Moonlord in action.     
        Like I said I'm only giving one method of obtaining more FD, (a simple one) yes the method you explained works and we can go on for many more pages on how to get more FD.

Mar 3, 2012 5:33 pm
        Reply 53#  BestML

That's fine and all, but you can't claim that your build 'completely maximizes' damage if you haven't explored the possibilities of 50S, cash shop set and +skill rings.

Signature

Mar 3, 2012 5:36 pm
        Quote: Originally Posted by Barndoors at Mar 3, 2012 5:33 pmReply 53#  BestML

That's fine and all, but you can't claim that your build 'completely maximizes' damage if you haven't explored the possibilities of 50S, cash shop set and +skill rings.     
        I didn't claim that my gear suggestions is the way to maximizing damage, because then we can say +15 everything etc, etc. I claimed my skill build is what I believe to be a build that maximizes damage potential for moonlords. Then I just threw out a way people could achieve high FD in order to effectively use the build (although having high FD is not a requirement for the build).

Mar 3, 2012 5:45 pm
        Reply 55#  BestML

But you said ...

Getting third option fd crests is mandatory in order to double your damage on level 40-50 monsters.

You said it's mandatory there but now you say it's not a requirement?

Signature

MMOsite Special Offer

Mar 3, 2012 5:47 pm
          Quote: Originally Posted by Barndoors at Mar 3, 2012 5:45 pmReply 55#  BestML

But you said ...

Getting third option fd crests is mandatory in order to double your damage on level 40-50 monsters.

No you read it wrong I said it's mandatory to get FD crest so you can in turn DOUBLE your damage not mandatory to use the build.

Mar 3, 2012 6:48 pm
          I just want to add that Final Damage is not easily attainable, so stacking final damage is something that really requires not only money, but TIME. (Time to find those crazy plates)

1) On my server, only about 1 or 2 Final Damage 3rd stat plate appears every month or so, even if you do in fact find one in the auction house, it's extremely expensive now that people know how good it truly is.

2) A lot of people have asked me how I managed to get all mine, well it was pure luck. When I decided to make FD for my Saleana, there happen to be a server merge in my district that I was playing in. The AH was had 4-6 FD plates selling for the first 2 months and at that time, people didn't know what FD was capable. You can see where I am going.

-To maximize damage on any character, yes it is extremely easy to stack about 800-900 Final Damage (Bishop set, 2x apoc accessories, and a normal 50A plate). However getting that last 400-500 to reach 1300 is extremely difficult and expensive now. It is IMPORTANT that you know, FD is not worth stacking UNLESS you really reach the cap (1300).

-Alternatives that I have found for my jump characters and guild-mates who ask me, is getting 40L gear by going on Sea Dragon Hardcore runs with us. And to be honest, having a decently enhanced 40L or totem set will do just fine in the content that's available now. You can still do GDN, provided that you move in strategically, listen, and work as a team. DPS is just too over-rated at the moment I believe, my GDN team is able to do quite well in the nest with just +8 totem gear.

Signature

TheLoosers Guild: Server: 南方电信一区 Sub- Server: 3服-烈火之灵
          Guild Website: http://theloosers.webtribe.it/
          YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DnxKami?feature=mhee
          精緻-Level 50 Saleana
          ItsKami- Level 50 Inquisitor
          DnXKami-Level 50 Tempest
          Mar 3, 2012 6:51 pm
          Quote: Originally Posted by BestML at Mar 3, 2012 5:47 pm
          Quote: Originally Posted by Barndoors at Mar 3, 2012 5:45 pmReply 55#  BestML

But you said ...

No you read it wrong I said it's mandatory to get FD crest so you can in turn DOUBLE your damage not mandatory to use the build.     
          There are plenty of other ways to double your damage, provided the base damage is 0 crit 0 FD and solo play...

Signature

Freedom Official IRC channel

Permanently quit official servers. Selling cDN account for BTC. Not FullFD anymore. 60S armors, 50L weapons.

Currently playing pservers.

Quick Reply:BestML Ultimate Moonlord DPS build (full focus on damage dealing)

Smiles
          refresh
          Go Advanced »